The New AoK conversion collection

oops I jumped the gun on posting there I geuss. This one is cool too. To bad about that preview shot. Oh well it still works. Thanks, and are there more coming soon?

If no one responds, you could PM Vuldacon. He is a great sound man. He's done stuff for me in the past including Hyena sounds (don't ask, Kinboat is working on those units for me) for my mod.

Great! Now I can finally give the Chinese their third UU(Rider and Firelancer are the others). Thanks Aluminum!

Units for AoK(And the Conquerors expansion) that could still use a good converting into Civ3:(No rush though)

Korean War Wagon
AoK Korean Turtleship
Meso American Naval Vessels
Mongol Mangudai
Spanish Missionary
Asian Naval Vessels
Hand Cannoneer
Scorpion
Petard

Crossbows were an all-purpose weapon. The reason the Pope tried to ban it was a good one-----It could be used to covertly assasinate leaders(like a Sniper Rifle), and their was almost no defense against it back then....

In my own Mod, I have Longbowmen as one of England's UU's(Because they were historically).

Wonderful units.

I am curious how you adjust shadows? Kinboat has a very good Cataphract, but its shadow is too dark compare to other units in the game.

Awesome. This will help me with my advanced archer units. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Originally posted by jade8880
I am curious how you adjust shadows? Kinboat has a very good Cataphract, but its shadow is too dark compare to other units in the game.
The original CIV3 units use palette index 249 (Jasc PAL/PSP) as base color for shadows. Kinboat's Catapract has the index number 246. That's around 19% darker than "normal". I could fix it, if you want and if Kinboat give me the permission.

Here is a preview with fixed shadows and 93% of original size:

Attachments

• kinboatcataphractdefault_1.gif
    kinboatcataphractdefault_1.gif
    15.5 KB · Views: 2,392
Originally posted by Kal-el
We don't call Rugby, Football. We call Football, Football; Rugby is Rugby, and Soccer is Soccer. ;)

You call "football" a sub-type of rugby, and call soccer the real great football. Furthermore, you americans add strange rules to it (shoot-outs, extra-time for regular season, larger goals, draft (what the hell is that?), etc.).

Bah. ;)
Enjoy your games :wavey:

Originally posted by Aluminium
The original CIV3 units use palette index 249 (Jasc PAL/PSP) as base color for shadows. Kinboat's Catapract has the index number 246. That's around 19% darker than "normal". I could fix it, if you want and if Kinboat give me the permission.

Here is a preview with fixed shadows and 93% of original size:

Aluminium, thank you for reply.

The preview looks very good. Could you give us a brief tutorial on how you doing that? What tools do you use to change the size? I'd like to learn your skill so that I won't have to bother you every time I have a special requirement.

I will contact kinboat to ask his permission.

Thanks for your help.

Originally posted by Aluminium
Huscarl (from AoK Alpha)

- Version 1.00 You need not wait. It does not become sharper. :D

Download

THANK YOU!

Top Bottom