Tupi Units pack

Tamoio

- Download: http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads9/Tamoio.zip
- Tamoio is the unique unit of the Tupi civilization. If u want the full civilization, including the unit, go to http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=89903&page=1&pp=20

Civilopedia, Tamoio (UU):
The unique unit of the Tupi civilization is Tamoios, it replaces standard archer and has 03 moves by turn, instead of 01 and cost 10 shields more. The Tamoio warriors know their territory better then the Portuguese or other enemies, so they can move faster and surprise them. They use archers, blades and small canoes (pirogas) that move quickly in the rivers. Portugal used powder arms against Cacique Cunhambebe forces in "Guerra dos Tamoios" or "Tamoio War" and was defeated in starting battles, demonstrating the power of Tamoio archers.

Icon

Attack

Death

Fortify

Run

Victory

Zarabataneiro

Download this unit: http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads9/Zarabataneiro.zip

Little Civilopedia entry:
Zarabatananeiros are Tupi warriors that use the Zarabatana, a weapon made of bamboo used to fire poison darts at the enemy. Silent and deadly...

Icon

Attack

Death

Fortify

Run

Victory

Antiochus VII said:
The animation doesn't look too bad but he seems a little large by comparison to the regular civ units - is this just my imagination?

These images have double of the size in game ones (there, they have 69x69 pixels), the similar size of the regular units. Thanks for enjoying!

R8FXT said:
Thanks for the Tamoio - looks good in the previews, I'll have to download it and have a look what it's like in-game.
The piroga is the one I'm really interested in . Are you doing a settler and a worker at all?

Thanks friend!
I have to produce a "lunar settler", some kind of lunar jeep that works like a settler for future eras, but if I change the textures it could be a good "motorezed settler" for indust and modern eras. For worker I have to do the Neanderthal Worker for some Mods/scenarios mine. But if u have any request of specific worker/settler, tell me, if I can, I do them to your mods :)

R8XFT said:
I've been wanting a Native American worker and settler for a while. If you get a chance to have a go at this - perhaps in a Tupi style - it would be great ;) .

Since the model and texture are ready, it is not hard to do a NA settler and worker, just need give them animation :) . And these two units also could be good sum to ACM, the worker and settler present in Civ3 do not look like natives. Yes, I can do these request, but I have a lot of work to do first, like these firt Tupi units, motorezed settler, mountede units, aircrafts and others.

Ok, I've asked on a Tupi-language Yahoogroup if the names of these units are correct... According to them...

1. Our Pokabá-Abá should become the POKABABÁ.
2. The "naked" Pokababá should be called KA'AMONDOSARA (or Caamondoçara, in an alternate spelling). That's Tupi for Huntsman.
3. The Iaguará-Abá should be the IAGUARABÁ (or Jaguarabá).

Oh, and nice work on the Tamoio, as usual! :goodjob:

I'd like to make a suggestion based on the previews. I didn't download that actual unit files, so I don't know if those animations are different from the those in the preview or not.

Anyway, in the preview, it looks like you are rotating the "body" of your figure or lowering the "y-trans" of the figures "body." I would recommend rotating and adjusting the "hip" instead. Then adjust the feet is neccessary--just make sure that the "IK-chain" for the feet is on. (I think it's the "IK-chain," but I don't have poser with me right now.) That should help prevent things like the feet passing throught the "GROUND" plane in the victory animation preview.

Thanks for enjoying the unit!!!
Thanks to all the tips, I have to try it in my next units!!! I'm little dizzy with all these animations, some errors appear in the final animations, but when I started do leaderheads I had the same doubts and confusion, with time they will be solved :)

:thanx: :thanx: :thanx: :thanx: :thanx:

the Animations are a tad slow but the walk seems pretty smooth and streamlined. is there any chance you could fix the death anim otherwise the others seem fine.

CivArmy... you are getting better and better with your units! :)

@citizen001: For while these units will be like they are, I can do changes in the future ;)

@TopGun69: thanks friend!!!

@all: the Zarabatana unit is available in the second post of this treat :) Maybe in hours or tomorrow I can post the Piroga (Tupi canoe).

Top Bottom