New Format Wonder Splashes by Pounder

I thought that I would start work on the Conquest Scenario Splashes.

There are 95 splashes to go through for the 9 main scenarios, kind of time consuming.

I decided to go with one of my personal favourites first, the mesoamerican.

There are nine splashes and the go it this folder:

C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Conquests\Conquests\Mesoamerica\Art\Wonder Splash

Backup your originals before you load the new ones.

I will make a section on the first post where all the scenario splashes will be posted.

If I get any feedback on this, will help determine which one I work on next.

Here is a preview:

For those that only want the background, I have posted it on the first thread as well.

It can be used with or without my splashes, it takes both sizes and you would get the additional Civ list/traits window on the side.

Attachments

• bck pre.jpg
    bck pre.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 1,170
I have started to work on the next Scenario Splashes. I'm working on the Middle Ages, since it is also one of my favourite Scenarios.

I am replacing some of the splashes since rewards don't match the pictures in some of them and the era doesn't seem right in others.

Here is a preview of one that I'm not sure on. The era is right, the theme is right for the rewards, but the name of the wonder is Holy Roman Empire.

Keeping in mind the the middle ages are from the fall of the Roman empire to about 1450, it probably shouldn't matter if the scene involves romans.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• hre.jpg
    hre.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 1,110
Actually it could be, but it's wrong. Not because is lacking Romans, but because it's good for Crusade. HRE didn't have nothing with Romans.
It's name is due by:
1) Holy: emperor was blessed by Pope as christian leader. In other word, he was legitimate to reign by divine right
2) Roman: emperor was the successor of roman emperor. This because his power was also created over roman right.

more splashes for conquests are on http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=86475

Rufus T. Firefly said:
Actually it could be, but it's wrong. Not because is lacking Romans, but because it's good for Crusade. HRE didn't have nothing with Romans.
It's name is due by:
1) Holy: emperor was blessed by Pope as christian leader. In other word, he was legitimate to reign by divine right
2) Roman: emperor was the successor of roman emperor. This because his power was also created over roman right.

more splashes for conquests are on http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=86475

I know that it is a crusade splash, but there is no crusade wonder in the Middle Ages Scenario (why???). I wanted a battle scene (for the rewards of this wonder), if I can't find another splash, I may keep this one, I guess I could use the one of the sistine chapel or other religious splashes.

Just posted the Middle Ages Conquests splashes on Post #1

This is another 13 splashes, 6 of them are new, some of the pictures supplied by Rufus T. Firefly, unexisted and others.

With the mesoamerican and middle ages complete, I've got 23 of the 95 Conquests Scenarios splashes done. Not sure which to do next, still no feedback from anyone, is this thing on :lol:

Goes in:

C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Conquests\Conquests\Middle Ages\Art\Wonder Splash

Here is a preview of some of the pictures used, they have been reduced to 75% to save space, I'm running out:

Attachments

• MA preview.jpg
    MA preview.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 1,255
Rise of Rome Scenario downloads

Goes in:

C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Conquests\Conquests\Rise of Rome\Art\wonder splash

Note: you will have to make a wonder splash folder in: C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Conquests\Conquests\Rise of Rome\Art because there currently is none.

unzip both files into the new folder

Attachments

• rise of rome part 1.zip
    312.6 KB · Views: 261
  • rise of rome part 2.zip
    424.8 KB · Views: 257
Wide Screen Mesopotamian Wonder Splashes

Unzip all 3 files. There will be nine new splashes and a new Background.

Goes in:

C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Conquests\Conquests\Mesopotamia\Art\Wonder Splash

You will have to make a Wonder Splash Folder as one shouldn't currently exist in the Mesopotamian Scenario.

Edit November 6 2004: If you downloaded before November 6th, there are 3 changes that were made:

1) I had named the mis-named hanging gardens "hangings gardens" (sort of gives new meaning to the place), not a big deal you can rename it yourself, or download the updated files and also get the other 2 corrections.

2) Granary was mis-spelled 'ganary' on the pyramid splash, you can't easily change that yourself.

3) I rearranged the mausoleum splash because the name was much longer than the other splashes.

All 3 corrections are in these new downloads.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Attachments

• Mesopotamia Part 1.zip
    450.4 KB · Views: 432
  • mesopotamia part 2.zip
    419.9 KB · Views: 255
  • mesopotamia part 3.zip
    107.4 KB · Views: 246
I am currently working on the WWII in the Pacific Scenario splashes and will be replacing the picture for the Naval Academy because the game currently uses the military academy picture.

I am looking for some ideas on the type of picture to use or maybe someone has one to donate. I don't know if the reward for building the Naval Academy is a free Destroyer every 12 turns should have any bearing on the the picture.

I just don't like having the same picture being used for 2 splashes in the same scenario.

@ Pounder

Np m8! I like the black & wit more.
I can have a look if I got some nice ones.
But right now......I will go to my bed. Had a nice party. Will see tomorrow.

Top Bottom