Units of the American continent

W.i.n.t.e.r said:
Hummm, the Blandengues is thinner still, though. While I am not certain, me thinks they both wear the same hat?? "Dwarf-ish" yes, I think that explains it alright, although the unit is taller than it seems (even larger than the firaxis infantry) at first glance: Just somewhat to the fatty side, with the legs and upper body being too broad, when compared to their length...

Well.... that's what I meant... his proportions are closer to a dwarf's ones than a normal person's ones, no matter how tall he might be in game, he still looks weird

I like his proportions, he looks like Sargeant Garcia from Zorro. Not everybody who ever served in the military was tall and athletic. Cannon fodder comes in all sizes! :D

@Zulu, yeah, he's holding a fish that hucks rocks somehow... :rolleyes:

zulu9812 said:
it still looks like a fish
:lol: Well, okay, I'll give you that!

Goldflash said:
My God Civ Army You're a MACHINE.

girls told me that all the time :lol:

-----------------------------------------------END

zulu9812 said:
it still looks like a fish

I really can't see any fish there :) BTW, when I post the animated previews, I have to change it to *.gif that lost graphic quality, but I can't see fish or another animal there.

------------------------------------------------------END

About the other case, the sizes, I'm using a model that use the same sizes of the Kinboat Human Model, Soldado del Chaco, Soldado de Blandengues and Riflero use that model (M2 "costumezed"), I really can't see problems with them sizes. Maybe tiny ones. Other units, like Pikunmapu, uses the Kinboat model.

The single rule (to everyone in CFC) is: don't like the unit, don't download it, it is not big deal :) Maybe the problem is the previews r not so good, or maybe the theme (mainly South American) is not your taste or maybe don't like stuffs done by me, good or not. I appreciate the feedback, but for what I just read I don't know if all the posts here are construtive feedback or just non-sense flaming. Some of them bringht good tips that I have to use, others not.

----------------------------------------END

Other case: CFC is not sending me e-mails when someone posts here, I have to solve it too. :D

----------------------------------------END

I have to go back to ACM configurantion :D

CivArmy, I like using your units, but for some reason the background of your units_32 pics is white instead of pink. I try to fill it in using my paint function (Adobe Photoshop) but for some reason that colours in half of the unit (not just the white pixels, too). Would you be able to make future unit_32 pics with the pink background, then? Otherwise, this happens in game:

Attachments

• CivArmyUnits32.jpg
    CivArmyUnits32.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 877
Mithadan said:
CivArmy, I like using your units, but for some reason the background of your units_32 pics is white instead of pink. I try to fill it in using my paint function (Adobe Photoshop) but for some reason that colours in half of the unit (not just the white pixels, too). Would you be able to make future unit_32 pics with the pink background, then? Otherwise, this happens in game:

I think I know what it is happening, a.e., how to add Soldado de Chaco. U must copy the image that comes with the file "soldado del chaco - units_32.pcx" and past in your untis_32.pcx (also configure in your *.biq file). But u must just copy the artworks of the units, not the entire file, that has this white background. U must select in Photo Paint just the unit body, not the white background. :)
BTW, I must do my "soldado del chaco - units_32.pcx" with magenta (pink) background the next times, it could save time for people who download the units. I always forgot to do that :blush: I promess, my next units (soon) will come with pink backgrounds :)

Good idea, I'll try to use my magic wand tool in Photoshop to do paste-in only the unit, not the white background. Thanks for putting the pink background into your future works! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldflash
My God Civ Army You're a MACHINE.

girls told me that all the time

do they also call you civarmy? is that your birth name?

I lose focus for a couple of days, and here are almost a dozen new units for my american civs. WOW! :thumbsup:

I'm a newb at Civ modding but your units look great. Do you make other units besides ones of the american continent?

IbnSina said:
I lose focus for a couple of days, and here are almost a dozen new units for my american civs. WOW! :thumbsup:

Thanks man!!!

joeskip said:
I'm a newb at Civ modding but your units look great. Do you make other units besides ones of the american continent?

thanks and welcome to Civilization World! Use my home page www.geocities.com/civ_army_1994 to find the links of my creations. Just the units area is not completed, cos I'm launching new units every day, I think there is missing 3 or 4 units mine in the library :)

Unit: Condor II
Download: http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads9/CondorII.zip
Civilopedia entry: Condor II is the Argentinian Earth-Sea missile developed in the 1970', time of the Military Dictadorship. The reason of this project was the defese of the national territorie, but some fonts saying the real reason was a future invasion of the Malvina Island (Falksland Island) and a region in southern Chile (that could give the passage to Pacific). The project was ambicious and called the attentation of foreign nations.

Icon

Attack

Run

Bombard or death: the same of Cruiser Missile of Civ3

Top Bottom