Warhammer fantasy units/graphics preview/development thread

I like the Sylvania halberdier without the helmet, whether one- or two-handed. If he has body armor and the halberd, he looks like heavy infantry regardless and it shows off the undead aspect nicely!

I'd go back to a more Egyptian-style shield on the Khemri one if posible (if you decide on one at all ;) ), but whatever you decide on would be a welcome addition! :)

I know you have thus-far been adamantly against two-handed animations, but you did fine with the Blunderbuss, how much worse could this be? :)
Trust me, a lot worse :lol:

mrtn said:
These look better. :)
Oh, btw, I'm sure both both Gomurr and I would rather take these with one handed halberds and shields, than none at all. We're just saying what we think would fit, if you don't agree, just ignore us. :blush:
You're the creator after all, we're just the squeaky brats underfoot...
Uhh... I may have sounded a bit harsh (which wasn't my intention). I think there are some options for me to pull these things as 2-handed. They will propably be wielding these things like they are huge axes (since the shape of those blades seem to be more suitable for hack&slash instead of stab :D )

Besides, I like a good challenge :)

Mr. Do said:
Well, the way the mod is currently structured, the undead civs wouldn't get to build skeleton spearman early on in the game, but rather after Black Arts, way into the third age. Thus finding a way of including both a spearman unit (low defense) and a halberdier (High defence) seems a bit difficult to me. About all I can think of would be to have the skeleton spearman available without iron and the halberdier available with iron. In which case, the skeleton spearman will probably never get built...

While this is true, I somehow found it strange that all basic units for khemri were humans, while all of them (except liche priests) are undead in WH. So I thouhgt that all these skellies are just graphic replacements. The black arts would enable the khemri to build some sort of uber-undead, like ushabti or bone-giant :)

Well, you could always say, that I make these skellies just for kicks :p

I somehow found it strange that all basic units for khemri were humans - Aaglo

If I understand Embryodead's intentions correctly he was modelling the development of each civ - Khemri started out as a living civilization (which he's currently 'fleshing out' (so to speak ;) ) with Egyptian units). It doesn't go undead until around the 'Black Arts' tech when it'll assume its current Warhammer form, i.e. a kingdom entirely of the dead.

P.S. I still get a kick out of 'upgrading' units to being dead! :lol:

P.P.S Aah, here's the reference...

Would it be possible to request a flavor addition for Khemri for the new patch? That is, using all Egyptian units (IF you give them any living units at all) for their non-Tomb King units? - Antiochus VII

Don't worry, it was done long time ago, when the units came out...- Embryodead

Mr. Do said:
Well, the way the mod is currently structured, the undead civs wouldn't get to build skeleton spearman early on in the game, but rather after Black Arts, way into the third age. Thus finding a way of including both a spearman unit (low defense) and a halberdier (High defence) seems a bit difficult to me. About all I can think of would be to have the skeleton spearman available without iron and the halberdier available with iron. In which case, the skeleton spearman will probably never get built...

With alll the new units that aaglo has made, the whole undead unit tree will be redone obviously. The idea of human faction turning into undead will remain, but the human period will be very short, like half of the first era.

As for the unit, I like the version with shiny skull of course!

Glad you like the shiny-skull version, Embryodead. That's the one I've done, and Oh My Gosh, I actually managed to do a rather decent 2-hand attack :lol: I'm quite pleased :) (I'll post the halberdiers when I've finished the tomb-king version too...)

embryodead said:
With alll the new units that aaglo has made, the whole undead unit tree will be redone obviously. The idea of human faction turning into undead will remain, but the human period will be very short, like half of the first era.

Sounds like a lot of work, but it's probably easier to do that than sort out all the pediaicon entries and so on!

Ok, coming next are some attempts on undead cavalry & chariots.

Now, here is a model I've done of an undead horse. What do you think, what should be changed/improved?

It looks great to me, but I know nothing about horse anatomy. ;)

purty durn nice for a first attempt :)

Looking good so far. My only comments are that the leg bones look a little too thick, though that may be unavoidable, and that the neck doesn't seem quite right.

A horses neck is longer, and seems to connects at the top of the skull, rather than the middle where you have placed it, causing the horse's head to hang at a downward angle when standing still, rather than sticking out forward as you have it in your preview.

I'm not sure how important that is, I'm just putting out suggestions on what might be improved. If you don't think it matters much, then don't bother with it. :)

Well, his legs look a little thick but you can make the msot of this- make it look like there is metal armor/renforcement on the legs! Whadaaaa! Now the legs are visable and look sorta correctish!

Maybe the legs are a bit too thick, but thin bones look bad in civ-units. Here's a first version of the chariot-model.

Notes:
- legs of the horses are not in this preview thinner (but they will be, and slightly so)
- the head location of the horse head is changed closer to what Gomurr suggest
- I included only one skeleton - that should be enough for now (right? besides it gets crowded in there... :p )
- he throws javelins (right? in the models I've seen there are javelins and bows, and I decided to make him a javelinman)

Suggestions are welcome :)

I'm speechless. Nothing to criticize.

Wow. That's going to be one nasty unit.

I'd suggest that rather than making the legs thinner you might make them a bit longer. It seems to me this horse is too short more than anything else. I'm also not entirely convinced about the shape of the skull - horse skulls are actually really scary-looking - but I doubt it would make much difference at civ-scale, so it probably doesn't really matter. I'm really impressed at your modelling skills, though.

Outstanding!!!

Your units just keep getting better and better.

I think maybe the horses could be a little bigger? They look like baby cows... but then I have bad eyesight. One rider works for me, since the living version of the unit only has one rider too.

Top Bottom