New Unit: Russian BT-5 light tank

ripptide

Lost in the wastelands

Attachments

• BT-5.jpg
    BT-5.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 2,175
Good one, rip. Like the death explosion alot: its redder and theres soemthing about it I like alot more than you ussual death explosions. Two sugestions though (which aplly to pretty much all of you mechanical units:
1.Could you make them a smaller please? Using the firaxis mech infantry for comparison, this one is twice its size. Same applies for all of your tanks. Granted, you would lose some of the detail, and may have to make features like the handrail on top thicker, but it would look much more fitting in game. Perhaps you could release a second, smaller version of this (Russian one is my favorite)?
2.Any way to add some rumbling to your vehicals? The tanks in game bounce and shake like they got 3000 horses under the hood. Don't know if this is realistic, but it gives the feeling the vehicals are idling and adds a little to the atmosphere. This isn't a huge deal, though.
Thanks for all the units!

Bungus said:
1.Could you make them a smaller please? Using the firaxis mech infantry for comparison, this one is twice its size. Same applies for all of your tanks.

Heck, just don't use Firaxis! :D ;)

LoL also quite nice, these are!!! Lovely textures and especialy nice to see the spanish version of it. A bit large again, when seeing that it came out being larger than your Pz. IV, and around the size of the M4... around aprox. 10% smaller'd be a "go-get'em".

Thanky all. Yup, a small rescale could be done on them easilly enough, just have to rerender (not a biggie). May be a bit before they get ul'd tho, in the process of switching ISP's

ripptide said:
Thanky all. Yup, a small rescale could be done on them easilly enough, just have to rerender (not a biggie). May be a bit before they get ul'd tho, in the process of switching ISP's
Kewl :) also consider a resized bren?

ripptide said:
Goody! I'd say a little smaller than a 10% reduction (around the same size as the Mech Infantry would be nice. I assume they serve about the same role). Btw, Riptide, Speaking of resizes I did a shrunken version of your arab spear and swordsman, if anyone wants them.

Bungus said:
Goody! I'd say a little smaller than a 10% reduction (around the same size as the Mech Infantry would be nice. I assume they serve about the same role). Btw, Riptide, Speaking of resizes I did a shrunken version of your arab spear and swordsman, if anyone wants them.
U still use the mech infantry :sad: ??? why don't u use the M2 Bradley - that one would also be in scale to the Ripptide/Wyrmshadow models (which are all larger/different scale than the Firaxian units and will fit better with any newer custom unit made) The redux to 90% is meant for those customs ones scale.

M2 Bradley

Sorry, I don't know much about the Spanish Civil War, but shouldn't the flag on the side be a Republican one instead of a nationalist? Presumably the Russians were supplying the Republicans and Nazi Germany the nationalists?

not sure if these are accurate, though the flag is that of the Nationalists...

edit: here is a picture of one of a fair number of captured BT-5ers by Nationalist forces (though in black & white the flag is clearly visible and seems to be accurate):

Fair enough

It would be cool if there was a republican version too though.

W.i.n.t.e.r said:
U still use the mech infantry :sad: ??? why don't u use the M2 Bradley - that one would also be in scale to the Ripptide/Wyrmshadow models (which are all larger/different scale than the Firaxian units and will fit better with any newer custom unit made) The redux to 90% is meant for those customs ones scale.

M2 Bradley
Well, only trouble with that is then I'd have to replace all mechanized ground units, and I'd like to include some of kinboats and, who was it, bablou's? as well, which are civ scaled. If not for that (and the wealth of firaxis's WW2 units) I agree, ripptide's units are of a more likely caliber in relation to the infantry units. I've already shrunken a handful of ripptide's tanks (most came out well, with minimum to no distortion), but the Bt-5 Russian is giving me problems. Perhaps we could comprimise and set a size in between the two?

Ripptide has made far more of these mech. inf. units in his scale (although his recent Leo C is too large in scale as well). What is missing are units such as Indian, Japanese, Chinese modern Tanks, etc in that quality/scaling... easily corrected... I can understand if RT will want to resize them to 90% of present size to keep his own scale- but why should he make them at civ size- these new scale units are also far better looking whikle the textures are far better visible at a larger-than-firaxis scale...

If I were U I'd switch to these now- otherwise your game will need many replacements in a while ;)

Top Bottom