C3C PBEM - "The Cold War Deluxe; 1960 - 1989" Scenario

i would guess that whomever is the "Player 1" civ (?) would start it and then send it...

also, for anyone who is interested in this, i would urge that you should be able to play at least 1 turn a day or to pass on your turn to the next dude w/in 24 hrs. there's alot of turns, you know? that's reasonable enough. no?

Vietnam MP/PBEM update Feb 18, 2005

i'm toying w/ the idea of adding in a real low end apc unit for the guerilla civs (Khmer Rouge & Pathet Lao) just to sort of balance them out a little. the BTR 152 (pictured-Kinboat's "Humvee")will be autopro'd an won't be able to be built.

again, ignore the city build ques.

also, all "wheeled" units will not be able to travel over "Rice Paddy" (swamp), "Jungle", "Mountain" or "Hill" tile w/out a road being present.

Attachments

• TCWTDTPL.JPG
    TCWTDTPL.JPG
    236.3 KB · Views: 187
I know how to start PBEMs (did one recently.)

Choose Multiplayer, then Play by E-mail. Choose scenario for the game type and load the scenario you have. Then just select the players from there, it's pretty straightforward. Make yourself the first player, then play a turn and it will give you a message to save and exit. DO NOT use the regular save method. When you've saved and exited, send the turn to the next player through e-mail (via attachment, add the save.) When it's your turn, put the save you got in your Civilization III/Conquests/Saves folder, then load it and play your turn, then send.

I'd be happy to be North Vietnam if it's time to start choosing civs

viper275,

alright. sounds easy enough i guess. the one we'll be playing first will be the condensed TCW scenario w/ 8 civs by Klyden. Driveby is working on a random map 8 civ TCW scenario. that one should be ready soon i think. the vietnam one is still a little bit off. i still have some text entries and improvements to add in as well as the techs. not too long...btw, i guess you made your claim for north vietnam. i'll mark it down.

available civs for Klyden's MP version:

European Union: (You can pretty much figure out that this has all of Western Europe, including the UK, Scandinavia, Greece, and Turkey).

North America: (US & Canada)

Seato: (Japan, ANZAC, SE Asia, Indonesia)

Middle East: (Israel, Iran, Pakistan)

Positions for the "Commies"

WP (Includes original position and Yugoslavia)

China-India (Suprise! Includes China and India)

South Africa (Includes Arab League along with the other African positions)

South America (Includes all of South America, Cuba and Central America as well).

driveby,

i just listed all of the civs irregardless of who has chosen whom...

Vietnam MP/PBEM update Feb 19, 2005

below is a shot of the C-47 Dakotas that i'm gonna use for SV (US) air recon. it'll be the only air recon unit in the game and will be autoporduced by the "Air America" GW that will probably be pre-placed in Saigon.

Air America was a covert (sort of) CIA operation in SE Asia that specialized in recon and transport. the aircraft were operated by US civilians (or so it is said ;) ) and played a key part in the american counter-insurgency campiagns all throughout SE Asia.

once again, there was no 'default' flc file so i had to use the 'fidget' flc in its place. it does this dive-n-swoop action, kinda cool, too...

Attachments

• TCWTDTC47.JPG
    TCWTDTC47.JPG
    256.1 KB · Views: 161
the dakotas will be autoproduced and their numbers on the map will be very limited by end game (5 or 6?).

actually, all air units are autoproduced...the SV player can't build themselves a massive airforce. instead, pre-placed GWs (named after actual US airbases) will spit them out. there's 7 of them ranging from short-range G/A aircraft (A1) to long-range F/B (F111). the point is to stay as historically correct as much as civ3 will let me. of course, there's to be a "Vietnamization" or "American Withdrawal" tech near the end that will make all of the US wonders that autopro' units obsolete.

also, as a result of all of the american air units, NV will have a diverse line of AA units...

VP spots and pts will definitely determine the 'winner'.

SV will have more than you think...they can still build there ARVN units (foot units) and UH1 and chinooks and arty. it's just that there stats are sort of inferior.

the key will be to 'stretch' SV as thin as possible and make the human player (as SV) think hard about were to shore up and they'll have to act fast.

update Feb 20, 2005

i think i've figured out VP scoring...i've placed 34 VP spots for SV and 34 for the HCM Trail area, select transit points in southern NV, some areas under Pathet Lao control as well as some belonging to Khmer Rouge.

victory conditions will be "Coallition Victory"...NV, PL, KR on one side, SV, Cambodia, Thailand and Laos on another side and China by themselves.

SV has a VP location in every city and a few areas northwest and west of saigon. the object will be to give each side the same amount of VP spots to start. SV will be stretched a little thin, especially in the Central Highlands area. no VP spots will be outside of the actual direct theater of operations.

the AI loves VP locations!

Attachments

• TCWTDTpanoramic.JPG
    TCWTDTpanoramic.JPG
    157.3 KB · Views: 201
krazydude said:
can you tell if the ai can use air units for airdrops? or they can only use paratroopers? (my guess)
the AI isn't very good at any form of unit transportation...however, the human player ought to utilize it.

as for transport capacities...it depends. i would never give it more than 2 for any air unit unless your scale for the foot units is very small. by this i mean that you have to consider approximately how many soldiers your foot units are worth. if it's platoon level or squad level then yeah, you could make it 2 or 3 but if it's closer to battalion level then it should be only 1.

Top Bottom