1 1/4 cups milk, scalded
2 cups cake flour, sifted or stirred before measuring
1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup shortening
3 eggs
1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract

PREPARATION:

Grease two 9-inch layer cake pans and line bottoms with wax paper. Grease wax paper. Sift the cocoa with 1/3 cup sugar; pour into the milk gradually; stir until well blended. Set aside to cool. Sift together flour, remaining 1 cup sugar, soda, and salt.
Add shortening and half of the cooled cocoa and milk mixture. Beat at medium speed of an electric hand-held mixer. Add eggs, vanilla, and remaining cocoa and milk mixture. continue beating for about 2 minutes, scraping bowl with a spatula occasionally. Pour into prepared pans. Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes. Cool in the pans for 5 minutes; turn out on racks and peel off paper. Cool and frost.
mmm i like chocolate.

and heres a bonus recipe!
TOAST
Ingrediants:
Bread

PREPERATION:
take breat and put it in toaster. push down the button to turn the toaster on. wait for the bread (now toast) to pop up CAUTION contents are now hot! take out of toaster and put on a already set out plate. you may now apply butter, jam, honey or any thing else you want.

SERVING SUGGESTION:

Attachments

• toast.JPG
    toast.JPG
    17.6 KB · Views: 186
Eggs and Things
while making breaded pork chops you take left over breadcrumbs and put them in a bowl with the left over eggs. then pour the mixture into the oil you cook the pork chops in. Flippin every while. Cook until brown. Eat

greenman1234 said:
Eggs and Things
while making breaded pork chops you take left over breadcrumbs and put them in a bowl with the left over eggs. then pour the mixture into the oil you cook the pork chops in. Flippin every while. Cook until brown. Eat

This sounds good! I bet they get nice and crispy. :)

Today I invented a new coffee flavour :cooool:

This one is called Saffron Summer Coffee.

Follow the recipe for the Christmas Coffee (see above for directions) but replace cloves with SAFFRON. This stuff is expensive but can also be used in cooking rice, chicken dishes and many others culinary delights. You have to buy it in boxes of the SAFFRON STRANDS, little fibers / stamen. You need a good pinch, perhaps 6 strands per cup. This is alongside the usual amount of cinnamon barks.

This produces a honey like, flowery, fruity coffee which again works better with more sugar. Yummy!

El Justo said:
very well then...swine 'n eggs ain't so bad i guess
Are you preparing us for receiving a new recipe? If so, pork and eggs, swine and eggs, it's all good with me, just bring on the recipe!

this ain't swine and eggs but it's what i made last night....

Broiled Tilapia

Tilapia is an affordable mild white-fish that is fairly similar in texture and taste as flounder (or fluke). it can be fried, baked, broiled, sauteed or even poached.

ingredients:
tilapia filets (available at your local market)
butter
garlic cloves
red onion
paprika
olive oil
black pepper
lemon
non-stick spray

these instructions are for the 'baked' version.

take notice of how much (in weight that is) fish you have b/c you'll need this info to determine how long to cook the goods for...

- pre-heat oven to 400
- prepare a deep baking dish w/ either non-stick spray or line it with aluminum foil
- place fish filets inside baking dish
- thinnly slice the red onion and place them on top of the tilapia filets
- thinnly slice the garlic cloves and spread over the fish
- liberally sprinkle paprika over the filets
- lightly sprinkle black pepper over the filets
- lightly drizzle some olive oil over the filets--careful not to apply too much [it's for flavoring only--olive oil does not act well as a cooking agent b/c it burns and crackles at high temps, unlike veg or corn oil which cooks well at high temps]
- apply approximately 1 tbsp of butter to each filet. this is the approximate equivelant of a 'pat' of butter. simply plop the butter right on top of the fish!

IMPORTANT: baking time will depend on how much (in weight) fish you have in the oven. the general rule of thumb is about 15-17 mins of total cook time per lb. now, this is considering that your oven is pre-heated to 400 when you insert the fish.

the best way to tell that the meal is finished cooking is by looking for the light browning of the fish on top. once it's nicely browned, you're finished!

serve w/ lemon wedges and season to taste.

it could be served w/ a variety of different vegatables such as corn, asparagus, brocolli, or any other of your favorite veggies. rice is often a fave as a side dish.

another interesting way to make this dish is to place lump crabmeat on top of the filets as they bake/broil. this is an excellent and tasty touch!

enjoy!!!!!

The crabmeat topping is an excellent addition! :drool:

El Justo's Marinated Chicken Breasts

well, here's another summer time fave of mine: marinated grilled chicken

it's very, very easy to prepare and the flavor of it is out of this world. i swear!

ingredients/utensils:
-package of boneless chicken breasts
-1 packet of "Good Seasons" salad dressing mix
- olive oil
- vinegar
- water
-a large zip-lock bag or large mixing bowl
-BBQ grill (gas or charcoal is fine---use your oven if you have neither)

Good Seasons salad mix is available in the salad dressing aisle in most super markets (in the US that is, not sure if it's in Europe)

- start out by fileting the chicken breasts. this means that you cut them through the center and make 2 breasts out of the 1 large one. be sure to use caution when doing this b/c it is possible you may cut yourself. just be careful.

- once all of your breasts are fileted, mix the Good Seasons salad dressing together according to the instructions on the packet. basically, you'll need olive oil, some vinegar (any type really but i prefer balsamic ;) ), and a little water. simply follow the easy instructions on the packet.

- once the dressing is prepared, pour it into either a large zip-lock bag or a large mixing bowl if you don't have those kewl-ass food storage bags

- place the fileted chicken breasts into the dressing mixture and marinate for at least 1 hour. of course, the longer you let them marinate, the more intense the flavor will be in the chicken.

- upon completeion of the marination, pre-heat your BBQ grill (or oven if you do not have an outdoor grill) to a medium heat.

- once the grill is ready, slap those filets onto the grill. mind you, these little filets will cook very, very fast so be ready to tend the grill. i'd estimate that each side of chicken needs about 3-4 mins for each side (if that). as such, keep a close watch on the edges of the filets as they cook. this is a good indicator of whether they're too well done.

serving suggestions: well, being from New Jersey, we usually have our famous 'Jersey Corn' in the summer time along with a nice fresh salad w/ our good 'ol 'Jersey Tomatoes'. however, rice, baked potatoes, french fries or even baked beans can serve as your starch.

i absolutely guarantee that there'll be a party in your mouth when you take that 1st bite! :banana:

It's an American thing. ;) I really need to get my mother's chili casserole recipe posted on here, but I should get a picture of it before posting the recipe so you folks know what it should look like when done.

Top Bottom