Risk Nes 1

so far we have:
Texas Toast
Bacon King
Jason the King
Gelion
North King

that's a lot of "king"s. lol.

well, since all the "kings" are against the extra territories, i'm taking them out officialy. so we're playing clasic risk map with only its 42 territory.

ok, for some reason the stupid game wont let me set the RISK Card setting to be the normal classic risk game one.
here is what the manual sais about this whole thing:
Ascending Armies
At the beginning of subsequent turns, players may trade in matched sets of cards and take additional armies based on the total number of sets anyone has traded so far. The computer will automatically apply the correct level of reinforcement to the trading player.
• The first set traded in: 4 armies
• The second set traded in: 6 armies
• The third set traded in: 8 armies
• The fourth set traded in: 10 armies
• The fifth set traded in: 12 armies
• The sixth set traded in: 15 armies
After the sixth set has been traded in, each additional set is worth five more armies. For example, if you trade in the seventh set, you will receive 20 armies, the eighth gets you 25 armies and so on. If one of the cards exchanged depicts a territory currently occupied by the player exchanging, they gain two bonus battalions. These are both automatically placed immediately in the territory shown on the card. If you hold five cards, you must exchange the set on your turn.

Ascending by One
Instead of increasing the value of each matched set as in “Ascending Armies,” the trade-in value is increased by only one in “Ascending by One.” Thus the first matched set is still worth four armies, but the second is worth five, the third is worth six and so on. If one of the cards exchanged depicts a territory currently occupied by the player exchanging, they gain two bonus battalions. These are automatically placed immediately upon the territory shown on the card.
Using this rule requires you to be more frugal with your armies and consider potential losses more seriously. When using this rule, a game of RISK II will generally take longer to complete. If you hold five cards, you must exchange the set on your turn.

Set Value
• If you trade 3 Infantry cards, you will receive 4 battalions.
• If you trade 3 Cavalry cards, you will receive 6 battalions.
• If you trade 3 Artillery cards, you will receive 8 battalions.
• If you trade 1 of each card, you will receive 10 battalions.
If any of the cards exchanged depict a territory currently occupied by the player exchanging, that player gains two bonus battalions. These are automatically placed immediately within the territory shown on the card. If you hold five cards, you must exchange the set on your turn.
now for some reason, the hotseat/sametime game (the one we're playing) will not let me choose anything but the "set value" one.

EDIT: figured out why it wants the "set value" one. cause with sametime play, it has no way of assigning who traded in a set "first" if two people trade em in on same turn.

I'm joining. :)
Reserve a spot for me, I'll get on again tomorrow (Norwegian time).

So how and when do we start?

well, we have 6 players now. do we want to start the game 6 player or wait for another player or 2?

I'll join

Nemesis

ok. great. 7 is enough. i'll start the game now. post the starting locations map in a minute.

so here's the territory distribution.
with 7 players its 6 territories each, so everyone has 14 armies to add.
that's the first orders i need, is where you're adding your 14 armies.

Attachments

• Risk1-1r.GIF
    Risk1-1r.GIF
    203.8 KB · Views: 189
jason, in your attempt at starting a risk game when you posted the map, somehow the names of the players were next to their colors on the bottom of the screen. as you can see i had to copy/paste the names from elsewhere onto the immage. how did you get your game to display the names?

Orders sent :p

Holy [expletive deleted], that is a horrible start. :cringe:

Orders being written and soon to be sent.

Yo send your orders in! Gelion the King wants to bust some heads!!!

wow. impressive. have all orders but Toteone's. once he comes online i'll get his and post update so you all can start attacking eachother.

ok, have everyone's orders now. as soon as get risk installed on this computer (at home now) i'll do the update. shouldnt take more then half an hour or so.

this is after all troop placements.
some of you sent attack orders too, but i havent done those yet, cause well, you're supposed to see where the armies are before you start attacking.
i'll keep the pms, so if your attack orders are the same as what you sent already, you can say so and i'll use them. but i would prefer/suggest that you redo them, now that you know where the enemy is.

Attachments

• RISK1-1a.GIF
    RISK1-1a.GIF
    208.7 KB · Views: 147
Top Bottom