Warhammer Fantasy Mod 2.1

Ok, i've found another bug, Something is producing a Temple Dog, it's prob one of these:
War Academy
Magic College
The Suiddock

Yes it was the magic college, it should produce a fireball spell every 16 turns, instead the temple dog unit was marked in the editor, easy to change though.

The Great Forge is only buildable in cities with Iron in the city radius ... in my current game, I can build the Forge in two cities - 1 has Iron in its radius and the other city only has gold in its radius ...... bug ?

Bug report: the Pegasus Knight and the Great Taurus both have the Recon ability, but alas only a Operational Range of 0.

Forever Civ said:
The Great Forge is only buildable in cities with Iron in the city radius ... in my current game, I can build the Forge in two cities - 1 has Iron in its radius and the other city only has gold in its radius ...... bug ?
Did you check the city square of the city without iron? My guess is that you've built the city on a hill with iron :)

*The upgrade unit flags should not be flagged for the pikemen units. It may also be that upgrading the pikemen to skeleton spearmen is a bad idea.

*Black Pyramid of Nagash should get obsolete by Monarchy. This way only evil rulers and despots can build it if they conquer Pyramid of Eternity.

Mmmmm... Me with my best friend are expressed with your mod and deicided to do something for it too. We are music makers and we started to work on civ specified dif era soundtracks. (All music shoul be composed by ourselves) Project is huge and we plan to publish race by race soundtracks. Lovers of undead legions of Khemri will get their set first. Here is a 1 min very wet 1st sketch for 1st era - Khemri race.
Start WH2.1 pick Khemri , turn loop play on in MP3 player, and try it... Planned track time 6-8 mins for each era.
Bitrate of mp3 is reduced to 54 (too bad) due 500k upload limit for zip file.
(Anybody have some idea how we can put here mp3 files? mods? )
Your feedback and any tips/ideas/something .

Attachments

• khemri.zip
    479.4 KB · Views: 112
About the un-usability of tomb swarms & mining attack squads:
the problem is, that barracks cannot be given the "veteran air units" ability, since that would render chaos gate completely useless

I think we have two choises here (to make all work nicely):
#1 Completely remove the chaos gate, and just accept that barracks work as "chaos gates" for chaos.

#2 Add a special "chaos barracks" building. Rule changes would become:
- Regular barracks (with veteran air units-ability) would become obsolete with chaos gods, and thus chaos wouldn't benefit from the air unit ability.
- Chaos barracks could require military training AND herdstone in the city before it can be built (I think this is not a big problem, since herdstones are cheap - especially so since herdstone is a religious building, and barracks are cheap too, since they are a militaristic building. And chaos is both religious and militiaristic).
- Chaos barracks should become obsolete at... hmmm... monarchy?

Would that work?

Commander Jac said:
Mmmmm... Me with my best friend are expressed with your mod and deicided to do something for it too. We are music makers and we started to work on civ specified dif era soundtracks. (All music shoul be composed by ourselves) Project is huge and we plan to publish race by race soundtracks. Lovers of undead legions of Khemri will get their set first. Here is a 1 min very wet 1st sketch for 1st era - Khemri race.
Start WH2.1 pick Khemri , turn loop play on in MP3 player, and try it... Planned track time 6-8 mins for each era.
Bitrate of mp3 is reduced to 54 (too bad) due 500k upload limit for zip file.
(Anybody have some idea how we can put here mp3 files? mods? )
Your feedback and any tips/ideas/something .

It is alright for an alternative to the main music in CivIII but I do not envision Khemri when I listen to it. It is too sigular in sound and more uplifting than I would expect a undead nation to be. Considering that Khermi are Arabic in distinction I would believe a more traditional arabic sound would be more apropriate. Have it more menacing and sorrowfuf at the same time. When I think of Khemri I think of these instruments from traditonal arabic music.

At most points surely agreed with you. (Workink on it)

-but-
Khemri is Nekhara and they are not arabic. Egypt like is not mean arabic.
The melody is designed for 1st era when Khemri playing as Nekhara and represent agricultural scientific ancient nation with hightly developed culture . Melody must contain some mistery and feeling of unknown future (which is becoming undead).
All arabic music i think need to leave for araby with their holy war and straight relation to arabs.

Imagine Slaves dying building Pyramids and despots but not Garem and Sheih/Arabic like palace.

-yep-
Thank for track example - its amazing. Its good for Khemri but its Rhythm and harmony is better for Araby. Btw We used almost same harmony in our sample. Please relate to melody there -because it was composed with in day and atm is only very very wet sketch - there still lack strings and flute. At most we agreed with your oppinion. (Instruments). After addition of them track i posted will be like your example but bit minoric, less variative (more necromantic) , and bit less rhytmic, less tempered than arabic music. (again Arabic/Muslim is not mean Egypt-Like)

And there is alot of types of arabic music (I by myself live at Middle East - IL)

Again really impressed by good track you gave (again i live at ME ;) and its good).

Anyone who have ideas/race tips (any) please post them.

Forgive me I might have worded my post wrong and for that I am sorry. When I thought of Khemri as player of CivIII using the Warhammer Mod, and one that has NEVER played tabletop Warhammer, I envision the Khemri being arabic in influence and origin. If I am am wrong is not the point here it is my honest perception of how the mod portrays the tribe Khemri in CivIII.

Anyways I know squat about music and if you can produce something of that quality then I will have to take your word on what is appropriate or not. ;)

Btw found Bug (Have WH2.16 patch) Khemri Liche Priest have normal hit points (he need to have +3 by reason and by civilopedia ;) ).

Sure we need to work and we'll try the best and i might to say with good work we'll able to do something like ;)
But thank for your oppinion. We need discussion...

+ More one idea for aaglo :
When playing if you have alot of cities with magic guilds and producing spells you have sometimes alot of them and they are different. It will be fine if they will have some visual difference (bit different palette?)

Possible bug (reported on my scenario thread by a user but seems mod related as I am only mod'ing the map, not the mod itself ... I have also seen this myself recently):

----

Error (Game restarts):

scenarios\wh2\text\pedialicons.txt
ANIMNAME_PRTO_Bretonnian_Halberdier

-----

If I edit pedialicons.txt, the above entry is missing nor is a similiar item listed in the art folder. Have fixed by adding the entry and pointing it at some arbitrary art.

Lomion,
I think you have installed WH2.16a, but not version 2.16 (which should be installed before 2.16a).
Or you may have installed 2.16 in wrong location.

aaglo said:
About the un-usability of tomb swarms & mining attack squads:
the problem is, that barracks cannot be given the "veteran air units" ability, since that would render chaos gate completely useless

I think we have two choises here (to make all work nicely):
#1 Completely remove the chaos gate, and just accept that barracks work as "chaos gates" for chaos.

#2 Add a special "chaos barracks" building. Rule changes would become:
- Regular barracks (with veteran air units-ability) would become obsolete with chaos gods, and thus chaos wouldn't benefit from the air unit ability.
- Chaos barracks could require military training AND herdstone in the city before it can be built (I think this is not a big problem, since herdstones are cheap - especially so since herdstone is a religious building, and barracks are cheap too, since they are a militaristic building. And chaos is both religious and militiaristic).
- Chaos barracks should become obsolete at... hmmm... monarchy?

Would that work?
#2 sounds very bad for Chaos from a game play perspective (a Militaristic civ that can't use conquered Barracks? Ouch). Besides, it's complicated. :p

#1 could maybe work, but then the airport gfx should be made blank.

Or #3, accept that it was a good idea that doesn't work in this mod.

*Death Cults should be moved down a pixel or two in the tech tree. At least from a Lahmia perspective.

*I have made a better version of the LegionWall small pedia icon. I think I posted it in the unit thread, otherwise I can send it to aaglo/Mr. Do for the next update.

@Lomion: You or he must have a obsolete version of the mod, maybe you didn't install all the patches? It's there in my pediaicons.txt :)

mrtn / aaglo: that could be it...will just keep my handjob and wait till 2.17 replaces it :) ... happen to know which unit it is suppose to actually point to ? I pointed it at 'English Pikeman'

aaglo: Maybe its just me on the tech tree graphics but the update is still as invisible to me as the orginal. No biggie and run with it if you like it, its your mod :) .... I will just keep the default civ3 ones ... not pretty but high content and visibility :)

General Comment: Any reason we gave the Slann a normal building auto unit generator and not the other *horde* races .... e.g. Orcs / Goblins / Chaos. The other races I don't really see as horde races except undead which I see as a non-issue ... the Undead doesn't require upkeep so you can build and maintain a horde. Even the 'umans have a 4 knight every X turns generator if you a highly motivated player and build them all :) .... also to shameless steal the 'uman idea (and also the skaven thread), how about a 4 small wonder generator for Chaos that generates a greater deamon (flavoured, one each for each of the Chaos Gods, would require 3 new units also) every 5 or so turns (available with Chaos God tech) and then DISABLE the ability for Chaos to normally build Greater Daemon.

Playtest note: Maybe its just me but doesn't anybody find artillery effective ever in this mod? In this same vein, how about lack of bombardment for ships < T4. With the sole exception of the Chaos Dwarves / Dwarves, I just never find myself building speed 1 units hence never artillery either. On this same vein, would suggest increasing all the C+Dwarven artillery bombardment by 2 to make up for lack of offensive T2 warrior. I am biased on this though :) ... playing my WH non-random scenario and CD's are having a near impossible time conquering the great northern wastes (all Chaos owned) with nothing but Chaos Dwarf Warriors (4/4's), Hobgoblin archers, and Rock Lobbers. Skipping Black Orcs as they just don't say Chaos Dwarf to me.

Lomion said:
mrtn / aaglo: that could be it...will just keep my handjob and wait till 2.17 replaces it :) ... happen to know which unit it is suppose to actually point to ? I pointed it at 'English Pikeman'
Just reinstall 2.16 and 2.16a. It's a new halberdier unit included in one of those patches.

...General Comment: Any reason we gave the Slann a normal building auto unit generator and not the other *horde* races .... e.g. Orcs / Goblins / Chaos.
Ask embryodead if he ever returns.

I don't know if other civs than Chaos ever ally with Beastmen, but I think that a general chaos govt great wonder that spits out some kind of beastman would be neat, and make that resource more valuable.
On this same vein, would suggest increasing all the C+Dwarven artillery bombardment by 2 to make up for lack of offensive T2 warrior. I am biased on this though :) ... playing my WH non-random scenario and CD's are having a near impossible time conquering the great northern wastes (all Chaos owned) with nothing but Chaos Dwarf Warriors (4/4's), Hobgoblin archers, and Rock Lobbers. Skipping Black Orcs as they just don't say Chaos Dwarf to me.
Eh, if you disable Black Orcs then that's your problem. :p
They also have Orc Boyz in the 2nd era.

mrtn said:
Eh, if you disable Black Orcs then that's your problem. :p
They also have Orc Boyz in the 2nd era.

No worries, didn't disable them as not going to keep other ppl from using them in my scenario, its just the Black Orc doesn't speak CD for me :) .... am good with Orc Boyz as CD's enslave generic Orc's all the time, just not sure they have Black Orcs and don't have a source book available :)

Top Bottom