Conquests Scenarios And Reviews Directory

While I agree 15 turns is a bit light for a full review, I think his review took that into account. Basically it hits the nail on one important feature of the scenario. The main info here is on his computer 15 turns = 1.5 hours with most of that time waiting. All the people who don't have superior PCs can be real interested in that info. And basically this test/review proves it is not doable which means the test stopped after 15 turns. His other comments are quite positive, it just shows the scenario is not fit for average to low computers. That's a review for a part of the players only but the reviews don't have to be comprehensive and not everybody likes the same things in scenario (accuracy, art, "weight", originality...). For instance I know of at least 1 person who hates Escape from Zombie Island because of its very nature.

Well reviews must have a point of view and not only be a list of congrats to how much great work has been done by modders. So I consider this review acceptable : it basically says the scenario looks great but it takes so much resources it is virtually unplayable on my machine and you could have the same issue if you have the same type of computer. The scenario therefore does not fit my needs so I cannot give it a high mark.
If you have another point of view, write another review so the different types of people can find the reviews' points of views that fits their requirements.

I think that in 15 turns you can get a feel for the scenario, so I think it is acceptable to make a review based on that, as long as you state that info! Off course I have this opinion, otherwise I wouldn't have done it right?! :rolleyes:

Reviews are just opinions. People reading it should take that into account that is my opinion based on a 15 turn try. Some people might find it usefull. Some people will think that 15 turns is not enough and they will disregard the review and try the scenario out.

I think it would be acceptable for someone to make a comment based on 1 turn! In this case, I (personnally) would ignore the review and try to read other reviews or try it for myself!

If there had been 3/4 reviews already, I would have not made the review based on my short (in turns but not in time) game, but there are too few reviews (in general).

El Justo said:
irregardless, i still think that 15 turns is too few to do a review. sorry.
Nothing to be sorry about. It is your opinion and you stood up for it. I disagree with your opinion, but I respect it.

Scenario Title: WWII Mediterranean Theatre of Operations
URL to the scenario thread: Scenario Thread
Type: Historical
Dates and Place: 1940-1945, map of the Mediterranean
Map size and Number of civs: 160x160 w/8 civs
Download size: 37,5 MBs
MP version: N/A
Synopsis/Description: At the beginning of WWII, there were only fightings in Europe between Germany, Britain and France. Even if Mussolini described the alliance between Italy and Germany as an "Axis of Blood and Steel", he decleared Italy neutral. But when Rommel reached the English Channel, Mussolini felt that the war was coming to an end. And on the 10th of June, Italy decleared war on the Allied nations. The war in the Mediterranean had begun....
Special features:
- There are locked alliances with the Allied Nations against the Axis nations.
- The scenario is 255 turns long
- Build auto-producing wonders. Such as the Deutsches Afrikakorps, Tito's Partisans, Indian Reinforcements and more
- Victory point scoring (for VP locations & unit kills)
- 34 new units! Including the Panzer IV, Sherman, M11/39, P40 and the Spitfire.
- 10 new buildings!
- A new tech-tree!
- New terrain graphics!
- Complete civilopedia on units and buildings!

- Type : Historical (500AD-1800AD) but on a custom map.
- Dates: 500AD-1800AD, on something that is completely, but not entirely, different from Europe.
- Map size: 100x100, 15 civs, 2 un-playable.
- Download size: 24mb
- MP version: Yes!
- Description: The year is 500AD. Rome has just been overwhelmed by barbarians, and is now fighting to keep the barbarian horde out of Rome itself. After the Roman leaders left their lands, and after the barbarians looted all they could, the surviving people have started new nations, bound to take control of this vast and beautiful region.
Length: 400 turns, 1300 years.
Place: Fictive map, but it has some resemblance with the Europe of 500AD. This has allowed me to create many tactical areas & very different playing styles depending on your civ/where you are located.
NOTE: Unlike my other scenarios, this one has a fully working civilopedia ;)
- Special features: Although it is on a custom map & the civ names are mixed up, it still simulates the passage of time from the fall of the Roman Empire until the early 1800's. Also, with the map being a custom one, there are many strategical places which will be important.
- URL: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=3048850

- Version : 0.5 beta

- Type : Historical, Modern, South Africa

- Dates: October 1899 - May 1902,

- Map size: 60 X 64, 6 civs. The 6 are playable but only 2 are really interesting : Boers and British.

- Download size: less than 10 MB

- MP version: Yes, no trouble.

- Description: Take control over the Boers as the British to link Capetown to Africa or defend your country and your way of life as the Boers.

- Special features: very fast loading, good civilopedia. One era tech-trees, 1 for the Africans 1 for the Europeans. Discover one of the most difficult British wars of the colonial era.

- URL: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=127850

* Version: 0.9

* Type: Historical, medieval.

* Time: AD 250-850 (the bulk of Mesoamerica's Classic period)

* Place: The Maya area. (Duh!)

* Map Size: 140x140

* Number of civs: 8 civs, 7 of which playable

* Download Size: 16.5 MiB

* MP version: Since there are only eight civs, it should work in MP, but I haven't tested this.

* Synopsis: Seven Maya kingdoms vying for military and cultural supremacy in the Southern Lowlands of the Classic. The eighth civ are the unplayable Mexicans, who can be valuable trading partners, but also fearsome enemies in war. Winning will require a combination of military, diplomatic, and builder skills.

* Special Features:
- Heavy use of Enslavement and Sacrifice.
- Maya emblem glyphs for leaderheads.
- Competent AI use of Armies.
- Use of unsettlable terrain to prevent civs from settling in inappropriate areas.
- Barbarians that are actually dangerous.
- Hefty bonuses for capitals.
- Metropolis city size only with Palace or certain wonders.

* Scenario thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=125429

I'd like to do a review of Rise and Fall of the Mughal Empire (I think maybe this should be posted instead of Rise of the Mughals as it is an update); how do I do that? (you can delete this post after the response etc.)

Well, you just need to follow more or less these rules :
(For reviewers , post in this thread with, if possible, the following informations about the scenario :
- review and scenario name in the post title
- version tested if applicable
- overall mark (out of ten, ten being the highest) IMPORTANT
- playability (bugs, incomplete, ...) IMPORTANT
- comments
- markings if you want (out of ten so that everyone follows the same rule) or special comments about : interest, art, replayability, accuracy (if applicable), modding quality, balance....)

After that you are free to comment as you want. You can also get inspiration from other reviews.

Title The Desert and the Mountain

Type Historical

Dates and Place Northern Africa, AD 1000-1600

Map and Civs 75x75, ten playable civs, seven unplayable

Download Size 120MB (sorry!) plus an optional 60MB music download

MP Version Not yet - forthcoming

Synopsis It is now – between the years AD 1000 and 1600 – that the fate of North Africa will be decided. As three great religions – Judaism, Christianity, and Islam – meet and clash, great empires will appear, flourish and vanish again like flowers in the desert. You must struggle for control of land, of resources, of the people’s affections, and – most of all – of the all-important resources and the trade routes to them. Control the trade routes, and you can become rich and powerful. Lose them to your rivals, and you will wither.

Special Features

- Culture-specific tech trees - five completely different tech trees, depending on which civ you play
- Different routes to victory depending on your civ - go for a cultural, conquest, diplomacy, trade or sheer violence victory
- A whole shedload of techs to research, improvements and Wonders to build, and units with which to wreak havoc
- Extensive and comprehensive pedia
- Lots of art from the region
- Optional music download - immerse yourself in the African experience!

URL http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=139163

Really thought out scenario that deals with a neglected part of the world.

New leaderheads, individual tech trees, lot of new civ specif units + very nice scenario created map.

I really like the multiple victory conditions that tend to make you wont to try different civs that may have an advantage for a certain condition.

Played a complete game with Ethiopio in which no civ won, so I wondered about the tie breaker here.

As far as game-play --balance issues I have found nothing as of yet of any concern, game seems to play quickly all the way through.

I need to play several civs to give a more detailed review on AI--balance. I cant review accuracy to history as its an area/time period not well-known by the reviewer.

In conclusion, a fantastic experience that will test you in a variety of ways in a little used part of the world. TOP-MARKS here 10 out of 10.

Title: The Falklands War

Type: Historical, War, Modern

Dates and Place : Southern Atlantic, 1982

Map and Civs 150 X 170, 2 playable civs.

Download Size 14.6 MB

MP Version : works fine

Synopsis : 1982 Argentinia decide to "take back" some islands ruled by the British. After occupying the islands, Argentinia expects the UK to acknowledge the "coup de force" and awaits a diplomatic agrement but the UK prepares a "Task Force" relying heavily on special troops and aeronaval forces to reclaim the islands. The scenario is purely about war, no expanding, no diplomacy, no builds....

Special Features

- Lots of modern units created mostly for these setting by BeBro.
- Intensive use of modern units (choppers, AA guns, modern ships, special forces).
- A short scenario, easily usable for MP
- a large part of the map dedicated to ocean for a prolonged phase of aeronaval warfare.

URL : http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=3802005#post3802005

Title: American Civil War: 2005-Normal Map
Type: Scenario
Version: 2.1
Requirements: [c3c]
Forum Thread URL: American Civil War: 2005-Normal Map V.21
Author Name: William GBTW, originally made by sourboy revised and update after no maintenance for a year.
Map Size: 130 x 130
Civs: 15
Start Date: 2005
What's new in this version:
--Irrigation and Mines have been added
--Baltimore replaced with Washington DC
--VP in Washington DC
--Wonder in Washington DC
--Custom Units for Texas, South US, US, Alaska, Maritime Union.
--Quebec and the Maritime Union are locked in a war of Independence against Canada.
--Added two treasure units, Bush at Texas and Kerry at New England (must deliver to DC)
--UU for California (F-15), UU for Montana (Mountain Fighter)
--Irrigated and Mined more
--Added a couple craters to the Washington-Virgina area to represent clashes between North and South
--Corrected Leader Names
--Added one ruin to the Hudson Bay area
--For more see the thread!
Forum Thread URL: American Civil War: 2005-Normal Map V.21
Author Name: William GBTW, originally made by sourboy revised and update after no maintenance for a year; greatly enhanced.
What's new in this version:
--Added VP Location to the Panama Canal
--Added Custom Tech tree (note: I didn't like up the tech icons well)
--Added Custom Text/Art
--Added Custom Labels.txt
--Added UU's for each civ
--Added imaginary islands that have a lot of US Forces to represent US Forces abroad
--Added several wonders
BUGS:
--Tech Tree is out of line.
--City Build Graphics have pink background.
--I still have to add a custom scrpit.
--AI razes cities often.

Title: the Last of the Mohicans

Type: Historical, War, English vs French colonies in the New World.

Dates and Place : NE America, mid XVIIIth

Map and Civs 200 X 112, 6 civs of which 4 are really playable.

Download Size 14.6 MB

MP Version : works fine

Synopsis :

Strong immigration from the British Isles to North America results in the vicinity of 2 million inhabitants colonies limited to the coast with the large terrritories held by the French with a scarce population but well-defended by strong forts. Frontier skirmishes become in 1754 a real war, both supported by the colonies and England that will even accept the pro-war Tory William Pitt to lead the government for most of what will be known in Europe as the 7 years' war. Bitter hatred , the common use of natives on both sides will make this era a violent one !

Special Features :

- fast loading and playing
- the naval aspect
- the need to look for and bring back furs to pay for the war
- the possibility of having some Indians switch alliance (Iroquois, Algonquins)
- the alliance of France + Hurons vs the British

URL : http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=165929

Title: Rise of Seguin Part I
Type: Fantasy?
Version: 1.0
Forum Thread URL: Rise of Seguin
Author Name: William GBTW
Civs: 8
Map Size: 30 x 60
Start Date: 2008
Synopsis(sp): Just recently a war between Seguin and its allies and New Brunsfels was ceased. The allies were Cibolo, Schertz, Seguin and later on Gruene and Geronimo. Gruene controlled much trade and therefore was highly desired by all. After the war the territory was broken into sectors with observors.
Geronimo still is afraid of Seguin annexing it and war is breaking out between Seguin and New Braunfels, due to New Bruanfels refusing to resolve the board dispute. Seguin, Schertz and Cibolo have made a alliance to defeat New Bruanfels.
Speical Features:
--Play as the City (or better put City-States) of Seguin, New Bruanfels, Schertz, Cibolo, Marion, Gruene or San Marcos.
--Fight on land, air and sea as Seguin and New Bruanfels finally settle thier boarder dispute...sadly by force
Civs: 6
Start Date: 2011
Synopsis(sp): The war lasted for one year or so and three years later Seguin has gained control of New Bruanfels, canyon area, and other areas and has risen to a world power, with peacekeepers spread abrod. The old alliance has fallen and Cibolo and Marion have merged to become a great maritime power due to the floods cuased by the dam destruction. Gruene also has expanded. Tensions are high between Seguin and Gruene and Seguin and Cibolo-Marion as well as with San Marcos and Geronimo.
Speical Features:
--Play as Seguin, Schertz, Cibolo-Marion, Gruene, or San Marcos
--Fight on land, air and sea as Seguin and Schertz remove invaders and traitors from Guadalupe Co.
Civs: 5
Start Date: 2040
Synopsis(sp): It is now 2040, long after the war that lasted from 2011 to 2016.
Changes are swepting the land. After the Second Great War Seguin and Schertz merged. Out of the People of the Jugo (South) Kingdoms arose one of promince; that of Josue Contreras. A new threat looms in the North; that of the Shanites. Seguin has annexed most of Gruene and Marion. Cibolo-Marion no longer control the cities that are thier name sakes and are in war with Shaneandria, thier only allie is Gruene. Geronimo has also been annexed to Seguin after it foolishly attacked Seguin so many years ago.
Speical Features:
--Play as Seguin, Schertz, Cibolo-Marion, Gruene, Geronimo or San Marcos.
--Fight on land, air and sea as Seguin and Schertz remove invaders and traitors from Guadalupe Co.

- The Battle At Dakara - SG-1 Scenario
- Type :space
- Season 8 of Stargate SG-1, the planet Dakara
- medium map 5 civs(4 playable)
- 60.3 mb
- not MP as far as I know, but possibly
- This scenario starts halfway through episode 16 season 8 of Stargate SG-1. At the point where the Jaffa have just taken the temple. Your job is to defend the Temple from the rampaging Replicators, and destroy the goa'uld forces...Or play the goa'uld and conquor the temple and the SGC once and for all...
- If you are looking for a true Stargate feel, this scenario is for you
- http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=145913
- this scenario requires C3C

Top Bottom