[MOD] CivMore

Begginer, you unluckily haven't read the rest of the thread:( . To fix it- change your resolution, that fixes the problem and saves you some agony.:)

Also, page five has some answers for those of you who don't read the rest of the thread.

I just finish a game as warmonger on prince level. Did the best I have ever done. Final score 24,833. I had done all research by 1870.

But, the war weariness is a bit crazy. After 1 turn of war my second biggest city , size 32 (my biggest city had Globe theater), had +25 unhappyness do to war weariness. I had jail and Mount Rushmore and no universal suffrage. So -50 % war weariness.

Even with 75% culture rate I could not keep the biggest cities happy during war.

But still GREAT mod.

edit: didnt read other posts... so this post was not necessary

NOTE: To first time users of this mod... I suggest you read the every post in this thread...because your questions/errors may already be answered in previous posts

Pegasos said:
I´ve been just one week on vacation and so many posts already! Now I want to know, has someone looked at my civics? What do you think about them?

I havent discovered all of your new civics (still playtesting it in MP - see previous posts)

but I like the idead of adding more civics to the game

I can understand alot of the bonuses for Health Care Civic... because I dont see alot of benefits in using them.... especially shamanism (made the mistake of using that early and my pop growth suffered greatly)

Seperation of powers is cool though

the education civic seems ok

there are other civics that seem cool but because I have not discovered them yet I cant test them out

overall I like the expansive new civics because it details the civ more thoroughly...

sorry I can not be more detailed because I dont have the list of new civics in front of me (and their descriptions) but the first few posts have some of the new civics... and I cant remember them in reference to the game since I can not play the game and post a reply

(ok that last sentence may have not made much sense :eek: )

Note: Pegasos as your signature suggests... you want mod ideas? check out the previous posts me and the others (Especially Tycoon) suggested :mischief:

Dane said:
I just finish a game as warmonger on prince level. Did the best I have ever done. Final score 24,833. I had done all research by 1870.

But, the war weariness is a bit crazy. After 1 turn of war my second biggest city , size 32 (my biggest city had Globe theater), had +25 unhappyness do to war weariness. I had jail and Mount Rushmore and no universal suffrage. So -50 % war weariness.

Even with 75% culture rate I could not keep the biggest cities happy during war.

But still GREAT mod.

Im still in the early stages of war (Damn Spain declared war on me) and I didnt research jail or Mt Rushmore yet (only up to 910 AD)

but I use heredity (SP?) rule where stationed troops give + :)

but like I said I only been at war for 6 turns and it's still early to see the war weariness...

so that may stop the unhappiness or slow it down

(just a suggestion)

of course the war weariness seems a little excessive...

maybe it can be adjusted Fitchn?

(also I think war weariness should be less if a civ declares war on you... afterall peeps may not want to be tired of war if the only options are fight or die - having your civ wiped out - which may be an incentive to fight on!)

NOTE:

MP testing is still slow...since we are both working but tue-thurs we both have off and should be able to get more playing in (if we are lucky 5-10 hours a day)

I will report later (around thurs) about the MP testing or earlier (if I get wiped out by Isabella :mad: ) LOL

Tycoon101 said:
Begginer, you unluckily haven't read the rest of the thread:( . To fix it- change your resolution, that fixes the problem and saves you some agony.:)

Also, page five has some answers for those of you who don't read the rest of the thread.

Beginner: also there is a post that explains how to manually change your resolution size if you dont like the mods default size

also Fitchn's next mod release will have an auto-size to match your resolution size

(hopefully Fitchn promised it next week.... :mischief: Fitchn...Fitchn?) :lol:

dont worry Fitchn... we can wait, Im just giving you a hard time! ;)

NOTE: Again I can not stress the importance to read all the posts (or at least use the thread search engine) your answer may already be posted! :crazyeye:

I havent tried this mod yet, but I must say it sounds like a good one. Will post my thoughts about it once I have played it later.

(also I think war weariness should be less if a civ declares war on you... afterall peeps may not want to be tired of war if the only options are fight or die - having your civ wiped out - which may be an incentive to fight on!)

I agree, if that's possible to program it like that.

You shouldnt get much War weariness as long as you keep the fighting within your borders.

Had to reinstall the game after I got the mod to work, due to some severe errors while trying to implement other mods.

Now that I have add this mod again, this happens:

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/3990/civiverror6pn.jpg

How do I fix that?:confused:

I also get the error message "Failed to load python module CvEventInterface", which I think may be the reason. How do I fix this?

Why can't just somebody make an all-in-one mod so that I don't have to face all the errors...:sad:

I have built the Heroic Epic and it gives 100% to military production....

however the great person is great artist! :confused:

Shouldnt it be a Great General? (points)

Fitchn any way to change this?

Dont know if it mess with pylons coding but...

I hate when you discover gunpowder and can make musketmen..

but you cant upgrade any units (crossbowmen/longbowmen/macemen/pikemen) to musketmen! :mad:

you have to wait to upgrade when you discover rifling/riflemen! :confused:

that makes no sense... because you have a military of musketmen but cant upgrade the other (now antiquated) units until you get to the more advanced riflemen which I would believe would be harder to upgrade from a crossbowmen...etc than a musketmen! :sad:

Is there any way to correct this?

cause it would make more sense in "realism" and it would be pretty sweet!!!

:D

well that's my idea for now!

NOTE: Still working on MP playtesting but limited to 1 hour a night...
until Tues...so a better report will be on weds or thursday

(I survived the Spanish Treachery assault and made peace ... so the playtesting continues! :goodjob: )

Beginner said:
...Now that I have add this mod again, this happens:

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/3990/civiverror6pn.jpg

How do I fix that?:confused:

what exactly is the error... I cant tell from that image

Beginner said:
I also get the error message "Failed to load python module CvEventInterface", which I think may be the reason. How do I fix this?

the problem is many mods need to be intergrated to work properly together...

I believe that is two mods use the CvEventInterface... but are not intergrated ...one mod will overwrite the other CveventInterface file... and will not work...

both mods must be intergrated by taking both CvEventInterface files and combine them in coding...

this is complex... (I sure aint figure it out)

Only mods/mod components that dont effect each other (ex. use the same files) can work together...

example I use this mod (which effects gameplay) and another mod called Smart Map (which effect map resources and size) but since they do not effect the same files I can use both mods without intergrating them both...

perhaps you should list the mods you are using (or trying to use) and maybe this would clear things up...

I tried to use two mods that used the same files and it didnt work because it was not intergrated...

as you found out some mods dont work well together...

Beginner said:
Why can't just somebody make an all-in-one mod so that I don't have to face all the errors...:sad:

there are some intergrated mods out there... I'd like to use them... but since I play in MP alot I cannot use them because they are not MP compatible (giving Out of Sync errors during gameplay) - I found out that the hard way

however alot of intergrated mods that work well in single player campaigns... so you might want to use them for that... just look them up in this forum

hope that helps...

Sorry that I haven't had a chance to post anything over the past several days... I am still here! I've been quite busy working on my taxes and other I'd-rather-not-but-have-to-as-a-part-of-life things. I will respond to all of your posts shortly!

Tycoon101 and Officer Reene: Thanks for your help in responding to some of the other posts that have come along!

PS: I anticipate the next release to around the end of the week. Don't worry though, it will be well worth the wait!

**Ok I got some things to post so I will break it down so it's easy to reply/quote**

Hopefully it wont be too long and boring! ;)

After many trials and errors, I have edited and tweaked some XML files to suit my sort of game play

First I like a more military type mod for CIV4 (I think the vanilla version totally lacks this...)

this mod helps...but I wanted to add to it more to fit my military version

These are not suggestions for this particular mod (although Fitchn you are more than welcome to implement any and all tweaks I did :goodjob: ) and no one has to use them

I felt the "great-general" got alittle short handed (because it was an add-on mod component -not to mention it was completely omitted in the vanilla version)

so therefore I added the Great General probably (face coin) to the following buildings:

Barracks +1
Boot Camp +1
West Point +2
Military Academy +2 (I think)

I also change the following from the original great person to Great General coinage on the following National Wonders:

Heroic Epic +3
National Epic +2
Scotland Yard +2

I like the idea of the Art of War Academy and Fort Knox but I felt since these were World Wonders (only 1 civ can make) I felt I wanted to expand the world wonders for Great Generals coinage

therefore I modified the following World Wonders to have GG Coinage:

The Kremlin +3 (and +6 Culture)
The Pentagon +3 (and +6 Culture)

these changed them from the original Great Person coinage to GG coinage
I added Culture to them because the Art of War Acad and Ft Knox had culture (as well as Red Fort) and wanted to even the playing fields with the added GG wonders and the other Vanilla Wonders

I understand that this will make more GG but I will experiment and lower/change the GG Coinage after I play some more (if necessary)

I like to play longer games so in SP I modified the marathon speed to be even longer...(I never play SP with a timelimit and usually only play conquest victory :mischief: )

I even have over 30 custom GG names (I am prepared)

These changes are ONLY in the XML files so MP should run correctly (more on that later....:mad: )

I might have made some other minor changes... but in the same vein as above... changing values

Again this is not a suggestion - just a summary of my tweaking... to explain my reports better and report my deviations...to the original Mod

***Also I did change the Noble Handicap (In MP) in the start of the game where human players started with more workers and warriors and more free techs...

I lowered the AIdeclare war... and the amount of barbarian attacks Human Players...

The reason I did this was that it seems the AI cheats (with barbarian thugs too) and gang up on the human players (in previous MP games I played)

Of course it still seems like they are all cheating still where the human players are at the bottom of the points list and they are at the top

The Changes in the handicap are my personal preferences and are NO MEANS recommended in this mod....I only did this to satisfy my own idea of fair play

NOTE: Fitchn your welcome.... I dont mind helping out in the Thread since you got more important things to do.... like modding! :lol:

I received my first error in MP around 1300 AD (normal Speed)

It was an OOS error :mad:

I am unsure what caused this but I reset both comps and the LAN router and it seemed to work again without OOS

We played another 20 rounds w/o that error

( that is a good sign it may be a fluke because usually after 1st OOS error and reset we get the OOS error between every 2-5 turns....and we did not get it at the last 20 turns)

My theories are:

1) the Mod itself - this is highly unlikely since everyone else reported no problems... however it is possible because I dont know how many peeps tried this in MP (although I dont think this is the problem

2) My Tweaking and Editing of XML Files - Yes and No....

a) I did not edit Pylon Files which usually cause OOS

b) XML files usually dont cause OOS errors... but....

- I changed the files midway in the game... therefore the files may not match the previously saved files and cause that error...

- but the errors didnt happen right away - possibly 30 turns passed before the error occurred (it is unknown why error did not occur right after the changes...)

- the two comps did not have the same files after editing which caused the error (highly unlikely since I "cut and pasted" all edited files)

- usually OOS errors occur very very early in the game (within 5 turns) so if the edited files caused it ... it should have happened well before 30 turns

c) Router problems - My router has been acting up where the connection would "freeze" and I would have to reset the router (this could cause OOS errors since the router is transferring info and if not all the info was transferred that would cause the error)

- my router has been acting up... where I would have to reset often (we had to reset 3 times during that 20 turns at the end)

d) an undiscovered error/coding - Have to wait and see

Solutions - I have to keep on playing... it may have been a one time glitch....
or a problem....

I will report to later on our findings (We got atleast 2 more days -possible 40 more turns - to test)

Of course it may not be any of the above... so I will play test more! :p

I am still in the early stages (1400 AD now) but I did notice one thing that stuck out...

Although I have not "discovered" it yet...

I think the Labor Union building should be set up differently...

Instead of -25% in Military Production... you may want to make it cost more to produce like -**% Gold

I believe it makes more sense since some of the best military contracts are very lucrative for Labor Unions

and

Labor Unions were originally formed to get employees better wages, benefits and rights...

therefore that cost more money...

thus making a negative percentage of gold would fit perfectly... yet allowing more production...

The other thing I like is the Cannery... it is nice like the the greenhouse and the ranch for land food stuffs...

but I think it comes alittle late in the game... maybe add it to an early tech?

also since the land food stuffs have 2 bonus buildings... maybe the seafood stuffs have another building too... like previously posted...

a hatchery?

there are probably more stuff I could suggest but I havent seen it or thought about it yet! :crazyeye:

of course this is just a thought... toss it out if you wish... cause you the man Fitchn! :king:

NOTE: Damn there was other suggestions/comments but it is real late/early now and Im going to bed!

I'll keep you posted on my progress... and comment later if/when I remember what I was gonna say..!

Officer Reene said:
I think the Labor Union building should be set up differently...

Instead of -25% in Military Production... you may want to make it cost more to produce like -**% Gold

My understanding is that the -25% is there because its supposed to be a bonus to the construction of Buildings and Wonders only.

I dont know if this is true, but in my OCC game Im playing I got the feeling that the Fort Knox wonder got obsolete too quickly.

Top Bottom