I wasted an SGL!

Bartleby

Remembers laughter
I was too clever for my own good. I had been saving an SGL for the internet, and I decided that rather than wait an extra turn I'd get it built in the interturn. So I used the leader to rush the Palace before finishing the turn before miniaturisation.
Now, everybody knows about "tainted" shields, but I didn't know that Leader-rushed shields count as tainted. Man, that was one expensive nuke plant in Smolensk. :cry:

Ouch! You are an honest man not to reload this, which could have argueably been acceptable under these circumstances.
Thanks for sharing the knowledge, though.

I hate it when I buy a 300 shield temple....

I definately would have reloaded for that.

I couldn't reload because I wanted to submit the game to the HoF. Also, I had just gifted all eight AI to the modern age, traded for their techs and taken two free techs for the ToE, and I couldn't face doing that all over again. It wasn't the end of the world, because by squeezing every last beaker out of the corruption zone I was able to get four-turn research until the internet kicked in 10 turns later when I'd hand-built it.
To make up for it, I got another SGL for Rocketry.

Yeah, I can see the hassle in reloading in that situation.

Still...you're the more honest player than I am. ;)

You're much more honest than me. I've reloaded over less .;)

Considering the rarity of SLGs, I would have reloaded, and did the deals over again.

Top Bottom