The Ice2k4 Official Campaign HQ

The way I read the preceeding dialogue is that you'd prefer to be the organizer of citizen decisions, and not be thought of as an uber-player trying to make the citizens go your way. I'm happy to see that, it's the type of leadership the DG needs.
Exactly. Although there is a lot more power vested in our leader this time around, I'm used to the leader being more of an organizer. This doesn't mean I won't make my own decisions, but generally I like to let the public decide (especially since they can easily override me with initiatives.)

Doesn't mean I won't go looking for some competition for you though.
Excellent I was hoping this wouldn't be one of those DG I elections, where there was only a nomination, no election poll.

Could you give me an example of what you mean by start off? I'm not sure I know what you mean.

In regards to telling you "why not", I didn't want to give my specific strategy, because I won't be using my strategy. I then provided an explanation reflecting on past demogames, only because it seems that you are new to the demogame (correct me if I'm wrong.) Just stating how things have been done in the past.

I meant that do you like to start off building a military, consisolidating science, expansion, or building wonders and cultural buildings. Your right about the newbie part, but I still expect you to have sway in decisions and that your preffered strategy will matter.

Two questions:

1) What have you been nominated for?

2) How would holding an office impact the great job you've been doing on our country's only newspaper?

History Department
One of the things that we really lacked in the past demogame was a history department. Newcomers who would join mid-game, did not have any real refrence as to what happened in the past. Last demogame, I started playing in the 2nd or 3rd term. It took me almost a full term to catch up on exactly what happened and the rest of the citizens viewpoint.

Search the Civ3 DG1 and 2 forums for the "History Department". We had a pretty extensive one there - it wasn't an official advisor, more like the first ever "office". (There was also a Cartography office, which was pretty extensive as well)

Yep, I already have the media in my pocket, now to get a few of those justices ;)

Isn't that donsig's job? :mischief:

I meant that do you like to start off building a military, consisolidating science, expansion, or building wonders and cultural buildings. Your right about the newbie part, but I still expect you to have sway in decisions and that your preffered strategy will matter.
Ah, well, generally I am militaristic if I'm playing past the Noble difficulty. You really need an early war to secure your win. Since I do rather well on Prince I always like to build the Stonehenge and Oracle, and the Pyramids if I can get it, so my expansion will move with ease. Remember, by nabbing the oracle I don't have to worry about founding a religion, since I found Confucianism and get courthouses. The courthouses allow me to expand, and I always use caste system. Stonehenge solidifies my cultural borders especially after capturing a city. The only way I build pyramids is if I have stone. Which will allow me to use Representation for the Representation + Caste System Synergy. Other than that, I build a few workers, only found 2 or 3 of my own cities, and the rest I build is militaristic. I build granaries where I need them, and barracks in any city that I plan to build units in (which is most cities.) I don't worry about science at all, because my rapid war expansion pays off for it later. I'll be behind in science, but a few quick trades after getting the alphabet slingshots to being average in techs, and then the number of my cities quickly puts me past that mark. Hope this was a little more helpful.
Two questions:

1) What have you been nominated for?

2) How would holding an office impact the great job you've been doing on our country's only newspaper?
As stated in the first post I have been nominated for Cheftian, by Ravensifre, and have accepted.

Holding an office would in no way impact the The Stone Tablet. Any articles that pertain to me are being written by someone else, and I am being offered help on the newspaper, so it all fits into my schedule.

From the nomination thread:

To all candidates:

The position of Chieftain is that of a leader. What will you do in your first week in office to lead this nation?

Thanks,
-- Ravensfire
In my first week, if elected, I plan to of course settle our fine city, and make sure the game pace moves a bit faster (since these are the beginning turns.) In the meta game I plan to appoint 2-3 deputies to decrease the unemployment rate ;) I plan to hire a deputy that is in charge of turnchatly updated screen shots of city views, overall empire view, world view and other important things. Last demogame although the cartography office did a great job, screen shots weren't pieced together and thus made it hard to be part of the game without opening the save.

I also plan to create a deputy to run a history department, which the explanation can be found in this post. This way newcomers can get caught up on the game rather quickly.

Getting this nation organized is my main priority. Remember what we do in this term can set an unwritten code of standards for all the terms to come.

I'm not exactly sure how far we will get in-game this term, but i do hope that we can get our empire functioning and running, as well as hopefully see a second elder.

From the Nomination Thread:

One of the duties of the Chieftain is the organization of the Designated Player pool. What will you do to keep the process going smoothly? How often would you like to see game sessions happening, and for how many turns per session?
In regards to organizing the DP pool, I will be using the traditional method of most votes to least votes order. In addition I will be checking in with the DP's to see if they can play a scheduled turnchat that is not theirs, in case the original DP can not play. This way turnchats will stay on schedule, as the other DP's will act as backups. This means no more delaying due to something restricting the designated player who is scheduled to play. I would like to see the first turnchat (excluding the creation day chat, which should end upon creation.) reach either 20 turns, or terminate upon the creation of our first settler (which is a hypothetical situation.) Turnchats after the first turnchat should last anywhere from 8-12 turns, and I'd like to see one every 3-4 days. (4 days is preferable.)

From Nomination Thread:

Question for candidates:

Do you think the Chieftain should have a role in fostering citizen involvement? Do you have any plans for the citizens role?

Do you have any ideas for ways to make the game fun for the most people possible?
Although I have no way of controlling citizen involvement completely, I do encourage participation, whether it be in legal wrangling, game decisions or role play. I hope to increase the role play level during my term, as well as throughout the game, and although I do not like the judicial part of the game, I encourage all legal buffs to take part in discussion, as long as it's with in a separate thread than rpg or game discussions. Last DG, many legal battles took place in the game decision threads, and caused many people to just simply stop reading these long posts that had to do with technicalities. I believe that the judicial buffs, the rpg players and the game decision makers to all coexist.

My main concern is rpg though, as you can see we have only a limited amount of this. It is a bit early to start rpg, since we haven't even created the game yet, but I try to encourage more role playing through my paper (The Stone Tablet) and seek to expand in the near future. I strongly believe that every citizen should be attracted to some aspect of the game.

in your opening thred it says in 4000 years the world will end, a civ game is 6000 years long cos it goes to 2000 AD

in your opening thred it says in 4000 years the world will end, a civ game is 6000 years long cos it goes to 2000 AD
Finally someone noticed ;) Good catch. The reason I said the world will end in 4000 years, was for role play purposes. Why else would we use a calender that starts at 4000 and counts down. The year 0 has to be some kind of mark.:crazyeye:

From the nomination thread:
Falcon02 said:
Two part question...

When do you expect to pursue the creation of new office(s)?

And what do you expect those offices to be (ie. Domestic, Military, Culture, Civic, etc.)?

Yes, I realize new offices are initiative based (this within the power of the citizens). However, the Chieftain has a major role in this as overall leader of the country and the one who will be making the appointments
I doubt that we will reach a point in the term when a bunch of new offices need to be created. I think once we create our second worker, we may want to delegate infrastructural duties to a new position, such as a domestic minister. The early game is pretty easy to handle and micromanage. I do want to create a Military leader as soon as we meet our first barbarian warrior, or whenever we have both our first and second city properly garrisoned. Until either of those two, were not going to have any real military plans. As for religion and civics, were not going to be changing those so often that we need an official for it. Citizens can handle that duty. However, if we do found a religion, I would like the citizens to consider creating an office for just the spread of our religion. The building of wonders should be a duty delegated by the people. Other than that, mostly everything should be covered, until we decide to form a new government.

In my eyes it would be good to have a Warlord, Elders for each city, an official to handle workers and infrastructure, a Military Leader and possibly a Religious Minister. All other duties should be delegated by the people since they don't occur so often. However, officials used to serve the purpose of analyzing their area. Although the Foreign Minister didn't make that many in-game decisions, it sure helped when he analyzed all trade possibilities. I don't want offices like this being elected as they create way to many offices, and we'll start to get those pesky uncontested elections again. My plan to deal with this is to use deputies for the more analytical, logistical jobs. I'm a bit tired so I may of left some stuff out. Just tell me if you need more.

Top Bottom