Term 3 Nomination Thread - Elder of City #1

Methos

HoF Quattromaster
Hall of Fame Staff
Retired Moderator
Position: Elder of City #1

This is the Nomination thread for the office of Elder of City #1.

The Elder is the ruler of the City #1. They are in control of that city, including the allocation of citizens, build queues and all other city-specific settings.

To nominate a citizen for Elder of City #1, including yourself, post the name in this thread or PM Methos. Self-nominations are considered automatically accepted unless indicated otherwise. Citizens may only accept one nomination.

All citizens are encouraged to post questions to the nominees about their plans and qualifications for the office. Nominees are encouraged, but not required, to answer these questions.

The nominations thread will close by 2:00 pm (1900 GMT) on April 25th.

Good Luck,
Methos

I would like to nominate Grant2004.

At least I know my old city would have a successor :thumbsup:

I would like to nominate myself for this position.

Candidates:

Do you agree your city must be a powerful military house?

According with your previous answer, where you put pop, what improvements

you ask for and what you build?

Best regards,

I agree that Riversight will have a strong role in military production, clearly our great city is located in a production rich setting with many hills ready to support mining. Unless such things are completed before the next term, one of my first priorities will be to construct a barracks in Riversight and begin turning out units that our warlord requests.

Because Riversight will be a strong production city I would prefer to work as many mined hills as possible, however I believe it is also very important that our city always have as many laborers as possible, so I would suggest farming around the city so that a large enough population may be supported. The second flood plain tile in Riversight will be very important in this regard.

As for the question about what should be built in the city, I support the current build queue for the city, I would make sure that a barracks is produced before beginning military production however. After the barracks is produced I see Riversight as being a key production center for the construction of our national defense. Not knowing what the tech path will be I can't speculate as to which future buildings would be added to the queue, right now I don't think a courthouse is too important as our maintenance costs are low, however that could easily slip into the queue when the military is stronger. Once we have the technology for forges I would suggest that Riversight rush to build one as it will enhance our city on it's fundamental purpose, high production.

I hope I've answered your questions

Riversight can a huge powerhouse in terms of production I would as my oppenent would mine the hills particulary the forested ones to get extra shields and to remove the defensive bonus if we do get invaded. I would put a mixture of cottages (mainly so that there is some science coming from the city, although production and growth is the piority), certainly on the plains and farms (including the flood plain) Hopefully the city might gain access to the rice NW of the city. I would expect to build a barracks, maybe one culture building to further suppress Lyon to the south. and then to start building units needed for our empire, I would also once we get metal casting push to build a forge to further the production of the city. In conclusion for this termI would try to maxiemise production while keeping the city growing at a good pace until it reaches it's happiness limit, and building a good percentage of our new miltary force. Hopefully in the future national wonders such as ironworks will be built in our great city.

Top Bottom