FfH2 0.21 Bug Thread

Ok, I had the strangest game ever now. Playing 0.21f as Sheaim. I was the founder of AV but I did not invent the tech for Hyborem, I am fine with 'Sacrifice the weak' without hell terrain.

Now, there is only one other AV player in the game, that is Mahala of the Doveilo. She is strugling very hard just to survive and almost all tehs she has are gifted from me [I try to feed her so all the good rases will be more interested in killing her as the easier target, it works perfectly]

The elfs like always founded FoL and swiched to it immedietly. Sudernly Thessa summoned Hyborem. Dont you have to be AV to summon him? [to research that one technology?]

But that is not the end. Soon after that Cassiel summoned Basium! Ok, this part may not be a bug but it did suprise me much. The Elohim are the second power after the elfs in the game so I would excpect they would bring the waco into the world. I mean, Casiel should have a very low preference of the tech that brings Basium to the world.

The elfs like always founded FoL and swiched to it immedietly. Sudernly Thessa summoned Hyborem. Dont you have to be AV to summon him? [to research that one technology?]
Unless there is a bug, Infernal Pact requires being Ashen Veil. Hyboream doesn't appear right by his summoner anymore, so maybe it was really charadon that got him?

[NWO]_Valis;5429191 said:
Ok, I had the strangest game ever now. Playing 0.21f as Sheaim. I was the founder of AV but I did not invent the tech for Hyborem, I am fine with 'Sacrifice the weak' without hell terrain.

Now, there is only one other AV player in the game, that is Mahala of the Doveilo. She is strugling very hard just to survive and almost all tehs she has are gifted from me [I try to feed her so all the good rases will be more interested in killing her as the easier target, it works perfectly]

But that is not the end. Soon after that Cassiel summoned Basium! Ok, this part may not be a bug but it did suprise me much. The Elohim are the second power after the elfs in the game so I would excpect they would bring the waco into the world. I mean, Casiel should have a very low preference of the tech that brings Basium to the world.

IMO only civs with The Order state religion should be able to summon basium. In the game I have atm I am octopus overlords and I have the option of summoning him...... makes absolutely no sense.

IMO only civs with The Order state religion should be able to summon basium. In the game I have atm I am octopus overlords and I have the option of summoning him...... makes absolutely no sense.

Sure it does! The raising Armageddon Counter hurts the OO pretty bad. Hell spreads to the evil ones at 50, blight really hurts their food production (which is especially important for slavery), and to top it off, anyone wanting to make Hyborem more powerful without lowering the AC has to go raze OO cities to give him more souls!

Basium does care about The Order at all; he only cares about killing demons. His profile specifically says that he will just as gladly ally himself with Vampires as with Elohim monks towards accomplishing that goal.

I guess I understand why you think OO civs shouldn't be able to summon him, since they use demons too, but there is no reason for him to not to aid the call of a Runes follower.

Personally, I would like it if he had diplomatic penalty based on the number of demons a civ controls (including summons). I would also like it if permanent alliances could be broken, so that summoning enough demons or switching to the veil could make him reconsider your arrangement.

It does seem like Cassiel should not want any extra divine interference from Basium, but the tech needed to summon him is also used to build an altar of the Luonnatar. Flavorwise, this should be one of his favorites (since Luonnatar are his units, and since they can build the altar as well as a great prophet). However, it doesn't seem like the way they are implemented helps him much. The added GPP do mot mesh well with the quintessential Grigori unit-the Adventurer. I would like to see it changed to make its effects fit the flovor better (perhaps just get rid of the GPP, which would also make them no longer be the easiest victory)

Hyboream doesn't appear right by his summoner anymore

That may explain a lot. It could be that Mahala summoned him, and yes, she was in a really tight place with no free land and were he was spawned there were still unocupied tundra titles. Sory for the alert.

Still Hyborem has not stepped out of his capitol, even in war with Casiel[who died shortly after Basium declared war on all AV civ :D]

In general when in doubt, just hit the world builder button. Checking if Mahala knows Infernal Pact would take a few seconds.

The respawned Infernal lord (gained from hellfire tile) has the immortal promotion again:
Aren't they supposed to? They are immortals, after all.
Only the mark of the phoenix disappears after one death.

- Niilo

Immortals also lose their immortality, but they gain it back after a turn (unless this is broken). Kael made it this way so that civilizations would not become invincible so long as they keep an immortal in their capital.

Personally I would prefer if immortal units (excluding Phoenix blood ones) always kept their immortality, but didn't reappear the same turn they died (perhaps they would be absent for one more turn per death, or something like that). But I guess that it isn't that important a change.

Are your Barnaxi working correctly? It seemed like in my Luchuirp games some of the golems get their promotions and others don't. Usually the ones I build early on have them, but not when first built. The later ones never seem to get any. Most recently I noticed this in my slightly modified version of Blaze's Maxmod, but I believe it also happen in my older vanilla FfH games. I thought at the time my use of worldbuilder when I got impatient might have messed it up, but I think the problems started long before I cheated that time (actually I made a few minor xml changes to speed the game along, like free great people and a hero promotion). I don't think the function in any different in maxmod anyway, but in my most recent games I modified it slightly (so that he shares many non-combat promotions. I followed the same pattern for these as for the Empower promos, so it really shouldn't matter).

Hi all, great mod! In my second game and it's pretty late game. I'm playing as Luchirp and I've been in a fairly long extended war with the Malakim. I'm going up against their last "major" city it would seem and the game has crashed on me. This is my first time posting in this FFH forum, so I don't know how to get you my file. It is 751Kb, so it is too large to post in this message (zipped is 734kb). Anyway, if you want it, let me know and I'll send it on. The game ran extremely smooth up until now (except that you're pushing my 1Gb of RAM pretty hard) ;)

Latest version 'f' and all that. I'm going to restart and make peace with the Malakim and see if it crashes after that. To the very north of the "war" I have a settler who was heading for a spot. I saw a barbarian Eidolon and backed off. You might look in that area also. Unfortunately, the settler is only protected by a Paramander, so I'm guessing he will be toast if the game comes back. Otherwise, I'll start a new one.

Good luck, if you want/need it, hope this file helps in some small way. I used to play/test a little bit for the 'Double Your Pleasure' mod guys and that was always great fun.

I attacked a Ljosalfar stack of units with Hyborem from within my borders to unowned land and defeated their unit (naturally :p). However suddenly all the rest of their stack appeared inside my territory in another square adjacent!!! :eek:

Isnt that the effect of fear?

Are your Barnaxi working correctly? It seemed like in my Luchuirp games some of the golems get their promotions and others don't. Usually the ones I build early on have them, but not when first built. The later ones never seem to get any. Most recently I noticed this in my slightly modified version of Blaze's Maxmod, but I believe it also happen in my older vanilla FfH games. I thought at the time my use of worldbuilder when I got impatient might have messed it up, but I think the problems started long before I cheated that time (actually I made a few minor xml changes to speed the game along, like free great people and a hero promotion). I don't think the function in any different in maxmod anyway, but in my most recent games I modified it slightly (so that he shares many non-combat promotions. I followed the same pattern for these as for the Empower promos, so it really shouldn't matter).

If you recreate Barnaxus he loses his Combat promotions and hence golems lose their Empower promotions. From a game last night my newly created units didn't show the Empower straight away either, but shortly thereafter, I am guessing once the turn ended.

Since it doesn't seem to be in the changelog for .22 and with no answer I can find in this thread, I'll re-report it: Mud Golems cannot defend, despite having 0/2 strength. They show up as 0.00 in the combat log, and always lose to goblins.

I just finished a game playing Amurites. Towards the end of the game, everyone declared war on me, because I had begun to build the Tower of Mastery. I was OO, as was Kuriotates. By the time it was through, I had captured four High Priests of the Overlords, and a Druid, but I already had my max of three before my Inquisitor captured them. I ended the game with seven High Priests and four Druids. I have never been able to have more than three of any national unit. Is there a problem with disciple units and Inquisitor capturing or was this intended?

Top Bottom