The terrain-unwise Romans

Chapter 14: The Ivory War Begins

Caeser could hardly wait for his troops to get into position and attack the Inca. Everyone was anxious for it. To try to relieve the anxiety, the people built Caeser's Palace a Left Wing to keep everyone occupied for a little while. I guess it worked.

Finally, in 1315, All of Caeser's forces were ready to attack. First, he cancelled his now-expired Ivory trade with the Byzantines.

Then, war was declared on the Inca Empire.

Roman Knights charged at Vitcos. The first charge defeated an Inca garrison of Elite spearmen. Unfortunately, this caused the next charge to be overconfident. They were easily wiped out by the Inca spearmen. The next two charges were more cautious, and suceeded in defeating all of Vitcos' defenders. The city was captured, the settlers in the city were enslaved, and an small fleet of Inca galleys (a.k.a., one galley in the game) were sunk in the harbor. However, there was some resistance to oppose the Romans (sorry I got this screenie- I forgot to take one for the capture message :wallbash:)

The capture of Vitcos allowed its Ivory to be taken to Rome. Citizens all over the Roman Empire rejoiced at this news.

Meanwhile, 2 Inca workers were captured that were outside of cities, and many Roman troops advanced towards Vilcabamba.

The Roman troops were already winning the war, and a new weapon would aid that effort. In 1320, Roman scientists discovered something called Gunpowder, which exploded if fire was lit to it.

"Interesting," said Caeser, "Where did you get this 'Gunpowder'?"
"We have two sources of it," answered his Science Advisor, Nero, "One to the Northeast of Pisae, the other to the East of Rome, although only the Pisae source is connected."
"Can you show me gunpowder's power?" asked Caeser.
"Sure," said Nero, "follow me."

They went to the desert outside the city. Nero piled some gunpowder on the ground, and made a "fuse" of string. He lit the string on fire. The fire slowly crept towards the powder, and when it hit the powder, a big explosion followed. The two then discussed how to use it as a weapon. The most plausible idea was to put it in a weapon called a "musket", and put a trigger on it. Then, when the trigger fired, a "bullet" would come out of the musket and kill an enemy. Tests showed that the weapon was powerful enough to pierce knight armor, but not very reliable, and not usable for anything but defense. And Caeser does not yet have the money to be able to upgrade very many of his soldiers to musketmen.

He also got another message about something called the "Forbidden Palace".

He was told by his advisors that the "Forbidden Palace" would help to allieviate corruption in the Roman Empire. Now all he needed was a place to build it.

Later, Vilcabamba came under attack by Roman forces. First, Roman Trebuchets bombarded the city. Caeser was happy to see that they were better at the job than Catapults. Then, the Roman soldiers attacked. First, a Roman Knight charge killed some Inca warriors outside the city. Second, a Roman Leigon charged at Vilcabamba. They almost defeated an Inca Pikemen garrison. This was followed by a Medieval Infantry charge at an Inca Knight, with the same result. Aargh. The next Infantry charge didn't even almost win against Inca pikemen. However, luck changed, when another Infantry charge finished off those pikemen. Bad luck returned temporarily, when another Roman Leigon failed to kill some Inca spearmen, but that was only a minor setback. Now, elite warriors were the strongest thing in Vilcabamba, and they easily fell to Roman Medieval Infantry, as did the almost-finished Inca Knights. Unfortunately, Rome was now out of soldiers ready to attack with, and it was the Inca's turn. Luckily, all they did was one Knight charge against the Roman medieval infantry, which just barely suceeded.

Caeser got some bad news at the very end of the year. Disease appeared to be killing the citizens of Byzantium. He would try to get rid of this jungle.

Now, in 1325, it was Caeser's turn again. But first, he decided to trade the knowledge of Gunpowder.

He even managed to get America to declare war on the Inca in his trade. The two weakest nations now fought each other. Interesting.

But in the meantime, the battle of Vilcabamba continued.

The trebuchet bombarded the city again, with just as much success as last time. Infantry charged at a Pikemen garrison- and lost. However, Knights finished the pikemen off. Roman Longbowmen followed, easily defeating Inca Knights. Now only some spearmen remained in the city- and they were easily defeated by Roman Knights. The city was captured, and some Inca settlers were enslaved.

However, there was still resistors to deal with- and more here than in Vitcos. But for now, the injured Roman troops would stay there to heal, and the ones ready to fight would head towards the rest of West Incaland.

But 1330 was a bad year for Rome. First, Roman Knights sent East from Vitcos towards Ica were defeated by Inca Knights. Then, in Vilcabamba, the resistance won their battle. The city belonged to the Inca once more.

(This infuriated me. According to MapStat, the chance of Vilcabamba flipping in 1 turn was about 1%. 1 IN FREAKING 100, RNG!!! WOULD IT KILL YOU TO NOT GIVE ME THE WORST LUCK IN THE F***ING WORLD 100% OF THE TIME???)

In 1335, Roman troops headed back towards the city with the hopes of recapturing it, but the Knights just couldn't defeat the Inca pikemen. Only the trebuchet and the Longbowmen remained to attack the city, and they wouldn't remain for long, as Inca Knights attacked. The Longbowmen managed to hold off the first charge, but the second charge defeated them- and the Inca now had 4 Roman trebuchet at their disposal. Roman citizens tried to increase support for the war by building Caeser's Palace a Right Wing, but for now, Caeser doesn't even have the troops to attack Vilcabamba with. He still appriciates having a right wing, though.

And thus, little happened in the Ivory war. The only news was that of Inca and American skirmishes near Atlanta and Vilcabamba. However, in 1350, Caeser had a few troops ready to attack Vilcabamba with. And this time, the city will be burned to the ground.

EDIT- Just like the image that was supposed to show me researching Engineering, this image does not exist. Curse ImageShack. Good thing it wasn't important- It just showed a few troops I had in the tiles around Vilcabamba.

Last edited:
hahahahahahaha. the incas are DEAD soon
Actually, no. I have played to 1400. Not only are the Inca still alive in 1400, they recaptured Vitcos- twice! They have a whole lot of Knights. They get them everywhere because they have a RoP with the Byzantines. Plus, There's my really really bad RNG luck to deal with. So, I did the only thing I could in 1400- I signed the Byzantines in an MA against them. I wanted the Byzantines not in the war, as they would completely destroy the Inca, but if I can't get anywhere in a war between me and America vs. Inca, I have to get them in the war. Actually, it would have sufficed for the Inca and Byzantines to not have an RoP, but the only way I could do that was via MAing the Byzantines against them.

Chapter 15: Stalemate

Soon after Caeser ordered troops to Vilcabamba, Pachacuti came to him, requesting peace.

"Yeah, sure- In your wildest dreams!" Said Caeser.

"You... will... regret that."

Pachacuti's last remark appeared to be right, as his Knights showed up near Vitcos. This was bad. The Roman Knights In Vitcos were outnumbered 2 to 1, and there were no Roman troops to help hold the city. Caeser now had three options: Flee the city, Put up a fight, or get the Byzantines to declare war on the Inca and get their attention. Caeser did not want the Byzantines getting uber-powerful by pwning the Inca, and the Roman troops wouldn't run away. So, Option 2 it was. Try to fight.

It didn't work. The Roman Knights held out bravely against one of the Inca Knight divisions, but could not hold out against the second.

The Americans had no better luck, doing little damage to the pikemen in Vilcabamba. Romans all over the empire rioted at the loss of ivory. However, strangely, some of them decided to build a third floor to Caeser's Palace.

Caeser appriecaited it, but half-questioned their sanity. And while he worked to get the Ivory back, he would have to use a luxury tax to keep his people happy. What he really needed now was more troops- he was really short on them at the moment.

And his lack of an army- combined with the fact that he was already at war- made him a perfect demand target. Carthage took advantage of this in 1360 and demanded that the Romans teach them about Gunpowder.

Caeser had no choice but to give it to them. Luckily, they lacked any Saltpeter, and in 1365, after some unsucessful American Knight charges on Vitcos, he worked out a trade with Carthage.

Caeser no longer needed the lux tax now that he had Furs and Spices. That was good.

Back on the subject of the Ivory War, the Battle of Vilcabamba continued as usual. But, 1370, news happened in Vitcos. Roman Knights charged at the city, defeating the two Inca Knight garrisons, and the city was Roman once again.

Unfortunately, it would not be Roman for long. Inca Knights defeated the almost-dead Roman Knighst outside the city, and more Inca Knights appeared. There was now 2 Inca Knights outside the city- and no hope of keeping it for Rome. So, in 1375, Caeser did what any smart man would do. He gave an order to the Roman Knights in the city to flee. Vitcos would have been captured even if they hadn't, and this saves some lives. For now.

But Caeser promised to return, and Knights were already on their way to re-recapture Vitcos. Well, It might take a while. Inca Knights killed one of the Roman Knights in American territory, although they were subsequently killed by American Knights. It could still take a while.

In 1385, some startling news came up.

The war is now called the "Stronghold Island War" Because the fighters are the two strongest nations- and both are alone on islands. But both would have a hard time reaching each other.

In 1390, 3 Roman Knights were gathered to the South of Vitcos. The Knights that had fled 15 years earlier were in the hills to the west, also preparing to attack- and possibly baiting an Inca Knight out of the city.

Didn't quite work. It baited an Inca knight into attacking it- but not an Inca Knight in the city. And it lost. It is still a 3 vs. 2 battle.

Soon after, the Right-of-Passage deal with the Byzantines ran out, so Caeser extended it, for a ginormous price- 2 gold coins. :lol:

In 1395, Nero and some more scientists had another discovery. "It's called Chemistry," he said, "Which is basically combining chemicals. Usually, they blow up."

Back to the Ivory War, Roman Knights charged at the Vitcos Knight garrison. The Inca Knights were barely even scratched by all 3 charges.

Caeser was now really pissed off. He had to kill the Inca now, and he had to stop their endless Knight charges, but they could never stop, due to their Right-of-Passage with the Byzantines. Unless...

Caeser called Augustus (Foriegn Advisor). "Augustus! Get me a meeting with Theodora. I want a Byzantine declaration of war on the Inca!"
"But, sir, then they'd..."
"I DON'T CARE IF THE BYZANTINES COMPLETELY DESTROY THE INCA. I JUST WANT THEM DEAD!!!"
"Yes, sir."
And so a meeting was organized. It ended up giving Caeser a lot of gold. Caeser gave the Byzantines the knowledge of Chemistry, and in return, not only did they agree to declare war on the Inca, they taught the Romans how to Navigate, gave them a whole lot of gold, and shipped them Ivory.

The Inca's chances of winning the war had just been cut in at least 2. Things were looking up. Now all Caeser had to do was regain control of Vitcos before the Byzantines did.

Last edited:
Probably America. But I don't know yet. All I know is that I want to kill some civs.

Hey, I DO have school, remember? I have a fair amount of homework, too. However, that is dying down now that we are getting into end-of-year stuff like final exams. Plus, my time was also be taken up by school play rehersals, but the performances of the play are now done, so that should give me more free time also. So, in other words, the pace will just speed up from here on out.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
***Transmission***
The following update will be broken into two posts due to huge number of screenshots. That is all. Thank you.
***Transmission Over***

Chapter 16: The Age of Discovery

Caeser knew that there were other countries out there thanks to wonder information and Livy's book. He wanted to find them, and now that the Romans knew how to Navigate, they could try to find them. A Caravel was sent Eastward.

But, they were too late. In 1405, An expedition led by Carthaginians reached the "New World". They ran into a nation called China, and through trades, Carthage had gotten contacts with every other nation in the new world, and China had gotten contacts with the "Old World".

So, in 1410, Caeser contacted the Chinese leader, Mao. By Educating their people, he got a map of the entire New World, minus half an island to the south east of it and some of Babylon's territory, and contact with every new world nation but he Maya and he then got the entire map and contact with the Maya from a trade with the Dutch, for the technology of the Printing Press.

Caeser then proceeded to establish some embassies in the 5 new world capitals:

Chichen Itza, Mayan Empire:

Amsterdam, The Netherlands:

Babylon, Babylon (Another nation with the same name as its capital!):

Mecca, Arabia:

And Beijing, China:

Caeser learned that the continent was not without warfare. In the past, The Maya had fought a war with Babylon, in which the Maya captured a Babylonian city, Eulbar, and a Mayan City, Tikal, was destroyed. Also, the Maya and Arabs had also fought a war, in which the Maya had been the clear victor, capturing Baghdad, Khurasan, and Aden, and destroying Fustat and Fez (I am somewhat guessing about this, I just am looking at what I know from the other continent cities and the list of cities in the editor). And even today, a war raged on. The Dutch, Chinese, and Babylonians were fighting Arabia in the New World War:

Caeser also told the new world of the wars in the old world that had ended with the destruction of Russia, and the currently-going-on Ivory War and Stronghold Island War.

Now, with all that done, Caeser has made a complete map of the new world:

Spoiler :

Caeser is very glad to have this map, although he is ultra-annoyed that China and Arabia chose national colors that are almost identical. (Damnit, Firaxis! Why'd you have to do that?) (Also, I am somewhat annoyed at the fact that Arabia could have taken Pink and given the Inca their secondary color, Purple, but NO...) ([pissed])

Last edited:
With the new world discovery, much happened in 1410 with regards to that, like this trade with the Dutch (all of their gold is hidden in this deal):

[NOTE FROM THE FUTURE: This image is one of the ones I didn't manage to save, and I don't really know what was in it- judging from the name and what the Dutch had available earlier, I think it was me trading them Saltpeter for all 3 of their luxury resources (Wines, Dyes, Incense- reason why I think I got all three is that later pics of my cities show I had all three of these at some point, and I don't know where else I would have gotten them from) and a bunch of Gold, and maybe a Territory Map? I think? Hard to know- I renewed this deal with them later and have screenshots of me renewing the deal for luxuries in chapter 20 and 22- which are are also both broken, and conveniently I didn't say much outside of the image what the deal was in either of those cases either :rolleyes:]

However, there was still other news. For example, some Roman soldiers (a pikemen unit and some explorers) destroyed the road to Inca Saltpeter. For now, at least, they lack it.

Unfortunately, these brave soldiers met their doom at the hands of Inca Longbowmen.

In 1420, News of wonders came. America built an Observatory dedicated to an astronomer named Copernicus in Washington, and the Byzantines built a "Monument" to Magellan, a sailor who recently circumnavigated the Old and New Worlds, in Constantinople:

And then, for the fourth time, Vitcos was attacked by Roman Knights. Luck was now on their side, as they easily wiped out the Inca spearmen garrison.

Soon after, other Knights attacked a 40% Strength (2/5) Inca Knight unit. They took out half of what was left, but were destroyed by the other half (WTF, RNG?). The Inca Knights were soon after finished off by Byzantine Ancient Cavalry.

Shortly after this, the first news of the Stronghold Island War came: Russadir, a city on a small island (called Russadir Island) to the west of Carthage, had been taken by Egypt.

In 1425, the alliance between America and Rome against the Inca ran out. So, Caeser extended it, collecting a bit of gold and America's World Map:

Back to wonders, Egypt built the Sistine Chapel in Alexandria:

1430 ended up being a busy year for wars. Russadir was recptured by Carthage, The Arabic city of Medina was captured by The Dutch, and the Inca city of Ica, the Northernmost of the West Inca cities, was destroyed by Byzantine (I think) forces. 5 years later, the Byzantines founded Amorium to the northeast of Ica's ruins.

Cleopatra had an odd delusion in 1440. She thought that the Romans might aid them in their war against Carthage:

"What are you, mental?" Asked Caeser, "I allied with you against Russia because they were an easy target and annoying. I am not going against Carthage- they are tough, and I have a deal with them!"

And so, he left. Propelled by fury, Egyptian Galleys annihilated some Carthaginian Galleys.

On a better note, The Dutch and Arabs signed peace soon after. The New World War has lost one of its members.

But the Ivory War would just get worse. In 1445, Roman Scientists invented a type of artillery called the cannon, although this had already been invented by previous nations, and was just now available to Rome.

Cannons would soon be sent to use. On a completely unrelated note that is not really interesting, Roman sailors ran into an uncrossable sheet of ice called the "North Pole". Dutch Sailors reached the area soon after.

Back to the war, the Byzantines captured Ollantaytambo soon after this news.

And in 1450, Roman Knights and Infantry surrounded Vilcabamba. It was called a "siege", used to starve down the city's defense- since these troops have a 1 in 5, at best, chance of defeating the full-strength musketmen in the city.

The city would soon meet its doom.

Last edited:
Okay, Playing for Ch. 17 is done, but I don't have to post it. Will come later.

Chapter 17: Clear Victors

With the Siege underway, all Caeser had to do was wait until Vilcabamba got small enough to attack.
Unfortunately, that could take a while.
Meanwhile, other news came up, like in 1455, when the Egyptians and Carthaginians signed a peace treaty, ending the Stronghold Island War:

One war was now over, with only the Ivory War (Rome, America, and Byzantium vs. Inca) and the New World War (China and Babylon vs. Arabia) still raging on.

Speaking of the NWW, Somewhere between 1410 and 1480, the Arabic cities of Mansura, Bukhara, and Muscat fell to Chinese forces. Caeser did not know this thanks to poor communication, and the similiraity between their national colors (I hate you, Firaxis). From now on, he would keep an eye on the number of cities reported by the CRpMapStat team.

Speaking of 1480, news approached again in that year. Roman scientists again had invented something already invented: Banking.

He learned of a new Egyptian invention: A Military Tradition. He promptly contacted Cleopatra so that he could learn this innovation:

Thanks to the CRpMapStat team, Caeser caught the Chinese capture of Kufah, Arabia, soon after this deal, and, much more noticably, the American capture of Machu Picchu, Inca Empire.

Speaking of the Incas, in 1485, Vilcabamba was finally small enough to attack. Only one musket garrison, and two pike garrisons, one of them elite, defended Vilcabamba. The cannons bombarded the city one last time, and then the Roman soldiers attacked.
Two Medieval Infantry units led the charge. The first unit was defeated by pikemen, but the second defeated the musketmen garrison. They revealed that the long-ago captured Roman Trebuchet were aiding the defence of the city. This angered the Romans. Now, Knights charged. The first charge was forced to retreat, but the second charge defeated one of the Pikemen. Now only a heavily injured pikemen garrison remained in Vilcabamba- and it was defeated by a Roman Leigon attack. Vilcabamba was destroyed, and the Roman trebuchet that had many years earlier been captureed by the Inca were now Roman again.

The CrpMapStat cities team not only saw Kufah fall to China, it also revealed that China and Byzantium had unknown cities. So, Caeser payed a small (2 for China's, 4 for Byzantine's) fee for their territory maps to find those cities. They discovered Macao in the far south:

And Nicomedia in the far east, which, judging from its size, had already been there for a while:

Back to the topic of war, Vilcas, a city to the south of Machu Picchu, was captured by American forces.

In 1490, the war raged on. But first, Brundisium was built on the ruins of Vilcabamba:

Then, Andahuaylas came under attack from Roman Knights. The first charge was defeated by Inca pikemen. The second and third were defeated by Inca spearmen. The fourth defeated the annoying spearmen, which was then followed by the fifth and sixth charges, which defeated Inca longbowmen and pikemen to take the city. Soon after, upgrades took place to turn Knights into Cavalry and Trebuchet into Cannons (and the Pikemen defending Brundisium into Musketmen) (Sorry I have this screenie, I forgot to take one when Anda was captured)

Now, the Inca lost their last city in west Incaland, and had only 4 cities in their core. They were surely dead now, with that combined with 3 countries attacking them at once. And that number soon increased, as the Byzantines signed military alliances with Egypt and China against them.

Caeser found that these moves were not exactly brilliant, seeing as both China and Egypt would have to travel long distances at sea to reach the Inca.

Speaking of China, in 1495, Caeser had a good trade oppurtunity. He traded Military Tradition to them in excahnge for Physics, and then to America in exchange for Music Theory (I did this because, for now, they are my friends, in the Ivory War, for those who wonder), meaning he was now even in tech with the rest of the world (minus the Inca, Maya, and Arabs).

And then, the alliances returned. China allied with America against the Arabs. This looked like as poor a move as the Byzantine alliances, but would soon prove to be decent. Speaking of the Byzantines, they now allied the Maya against the Inca, which Caeser finds to be completely stupid. The Maya do not know how to navigate, and thus have no way of reaching the Inca. Now, as for why the American alliance was a good idea? Because they now started making alliances. They made one with the Dutch- a dangerous enemy for Arabia.

And soon after, they asked for one with Rome. Caeser would have gladly accepted, but the Americans had nothing to give in return, so he declined the offer.

Now the wars were getting somewhat out of hand, with dogpiles against the two rapidly declining nations, Inca and Arabia. Now, the two wars have expanded from small beginings to:
Ivory War: Rome, America, Byzantium, China, Egypt, and the Mayan Empire vs. the Inca Empire
New World War: China, Babylon, America, and Holland vs. Arabia

Caeser keeps maps of Inca and Arabia to keep track of their downfalls. The nations against the Inca and Arabs are the clear victors in these wars.

Last edited:
i play and type at the same time

I play first, write down notes while doing so, and type later so that I can spend less time playing. I end up spending that time writing the post. :rolleyes:

If I did, I would put them in my sig.

Playing is done for the next chapter, which I have decided to split into two chapters because a lot happened. Why? Well...

Spoiler those who want to know the major event(s) :

WORLD WAR I!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yep, the entire world is at war now. The two sides:
My Side: Rome, America, Maya, Holland, Babylon, China
My enemies: Carthage, Byzantines, the almost-dead Arabs (Note: the Maya aren't at war with the Arabs- all the other allies are, though.)
Neutral: Egypt (Somewhat- Alliances have put them at war with the Dutch and Maya)
Dead Already: Inca, Russia ( :D)

And If you want to know how it happened:
Spoiler if you want to know how it happened :

1510: Carthage decares war on me and captures Viroconium.
1515: I MA America, the Dutch, Babylon, China, and the Maya against Carthage, and pay all of them but Maya (who I pay in tech) with an alliance vs. Arabia. Carthage allies Byzantines against the Dutch, and (irrelevant) the Inca are destroyed.
1535: Carthage allies the Byzantines against China and Maya, and Byz ally Egypt against Dutch, who allies Maya against Egypt.
1540: Viroconium is recpatured.
1545: Carthage allies the Byzantines against me and Babylon, Byz capture Huamanga and have many Cavs in the vicinity of Vitcos.
1550: I capture Malaca, on the same island is Viroconium, and MA America against the Byzantines.

This is as far as I have played. Also, the following Arabic cities were captured in this time:
By China: Mecca, Najran, Damascus
By Babylon: Basra and Anjar
By Holland: Balkh

The update will come after I finish my homework. :mad:

Last edited:
Just a note to all. Please post more comments! Due to the large number of large pictures I take (I'll try to make them smaller in the future, I guess), there are many pictures on every page and my computer takes a while to load. With more comments per page, that means less updates per page, thus less big pictures, and my com will load the page more quickly (But they have to be actual comments, no pure spam posts).

Chapter 18: Betrayal

Before the end of 1500, the Alliance with the Byzantines against the Inca ran out.

That was bad, since the tech deal within the alliance had given the Roman treasury a large amount of annual payments, and since those payments are now gone, so is a sizeable amount of Roman income. Caeser chose not renew this deal, as he would have to pay the Byzantines to be able to.
In other news, the Arabian city of Basra fell to Babylonian forces.

Roman Cavalry advanced on the Inca empire's remnants. But, their progress was remarkably slow, thanks to Byzantine and American troop movements interfering with their own. This delayed them by many years. Meanwhile, the Byzantines and Americans advanced. In 1505, the Byzantines captured Tiwanaku. Soon after, Carthaginian troops- a unit made entirely of Numidian Mercenaries, Two of Knights, and two of Longbowmen- stepped out of a boat onto the hill outside of Viroconium.

They appeared to have the intention of attacking the city, which was defended by only one musket garrison, but that would be idiotic. The Carthaginians only had Saltpeter because Rome was supplying it to them, and the government was in Anarchy. Caeser would be mindful of them, and he sent some musketmen from the mainland to go to the island just in case, but he will do nothing else. He is occupied already with the Ivory War.

Speaking of which, in 1510, Roman Cavalry charged at Huamanga. The first charge retreated, but the second one defeated the spearmen garrison and took control of the city.

And, then, soon after, terrible news came up.

The Carthaginian troops attacked. The first attack came from the Numidian Mercenaries, who were defeated "easy as pie". The same thing happened to the Knights who charged. The first was wiped out, the second barely escaped with their lives. However, these attacks had done considerable damage to the musketmen in Viroconium. Enough, in fact, that the Longbowmen who attacked them next were victorious, barely. Viroconium had fallen to Carthage.

Okay, now it was personal. After Caeser unloaded some of the musketmen he had sent to Viroconium ealier to the south of the city, he started making alliances against Carthage. To pay for his alliances, he taught the Maya about Chemistry, and he signed alliances against the Arabs with America, Holland, China, and Babylon. Caeser wondered why it was still worth something to them, but, hey, who cares?

Shortly after, the Carthginians responded by convincing the Byzantines to declare war on the Dutch:

The world was on the path to World War I. Nothing could stop it now.
In news of war, 3 cities were captured. The Byzantines captured Corihuayrachina. Then, the Americans captured Cuzco, capital and final city of the Inca Empire. Pachacuti escaped into the desert, but he and his bodyguards were all killed by a mysterious sandstorm.

Also, Balkh, an Arabic city on the west coast, was captured by Holland, and Carthage pulled off another just-barely victory against the musketmen to the south of Viroconium. The other musket has now been unloaded, and vengeance has been swore on Carthage.

This could take a while.

Last edited:
Guys, last time I checked, "more" doesn't mean none at all! Seriously, I want someone besides CivRulesAll to post a comment! I don't find it possible that he's the only person who can think of a comment!

Seroiusly, my computer is kind of slow and takes a while to load these screenie-intense pages! Sometimes, it even refuses to show one or two of the screenies, like, right now, when it won't show the Huamanga captured or Viroconium captured screenies!

Well, my point is, why doesn't anyone post comments but CivRulesAll?

Chapter 19: World War I

As expected, when Carthaginian Longbowmen attacked this musketmen group, the musketmen emerged with barely a scratch.

The Chinese military had attacked Mecca, capital and holy city of the Arabic empire, for a while now. Finally, in 1520, when they left their camps in the Arabic Forest outside the city, the attacks were sucessful. After a long and difficult battle, Mecca had fallen to the Chinese. But where was the Arabic government?

Abu Bakr looked back at the battle in his fallen capital city. He and the rest of the government, plus many of the upper-class citizens, were with him in his caravan. They had left long ago, to avoid the Chinese military. They headed north, to Najran. The citizens there welcomed them, but grew unhappy at the news that Mecca had fallen. "Do not worry, it will be recaptured," said Abu, "but for now, we must set up an interim government here. It is actually a good location, with only one way to reach it by land. We will defend for now, and then we will recapture Mecca, and recpature all our cities! For Allah!!!" These words earned much applause from the crowd.

These words reached other countries by way of immigrants leaving Arabia to escape the war. Obviously, other countries thought this to be funny- there was no way the Arabs would ever recapture Mecca, or anything else, and they would soon be completely conquered.

Soon after, the Right of Passage between Rome and the Byzantines ran out. Caeser needed that deal to get his troops home to fight Carthage, so...

Back in Viroconium in 1525, the musketmen saw their chance. The Knights and Lonbowmen defending the city had not yet recovered from the Battle of Viroconium- making them weak targets. The odds were stacked in the musketmen's favor.

And yet, against odds, the Knights won. Caeser is mildly, but not completely, angry about this. Cavalry are now on the way to fight the Carthaginians.

The Chinese armies advanced in all directions. It would only be a matter of time, now. Damascus fell in 1530.

5 years later, the a roman scientist named Adam Smith created a basis for the system of economics. it would be useful in helping the Roman economy.

"Intersting," said Caeser, "Can you make me, say, a great wonder to help my economy?"

The answer was yes. Smith's Trading Company is being constructed as we speak.

Soon after this, The path to World War I continued some more. Carthage signed the Byzantines in alliances against China and the Maya. The Byzantines brought Egypt into the war, signing them in an alliance against the Dutch. The Dutch followed suit by signing an alliance with the Maya against Egypt.

Back to the war itself, Chinese forces stood on the hill outside Najran in 1535. They laughed at the pitiful Arabic defense, charged, and easily won the battle. Abu Bakr and his convoy fled west by boat to create another "temporary" capital at Anjar.

In 1540, Roman Cavalry on the hill outside Viroconium were ready to attack, and thus they did. Perhaps they charged a bit too foolishly, as the first charge fell to Carthaginian Knights. The second charge, being more cautious, won easily. The final charge defeated the pitiful Longbowmen defenders and the city was Roman once again.

Perhaps the Arabic government in Anjar was a temporary one. This can be said because only 5 years after the capture of Najran, the city fell- this time, to Babylonian forces. The "Abu Bakr Caravan" (ABC) moved west to make another "temporary" capital, in Yamama. Caeser wanted a piece of the action in this war, but with his troops currently preoccupied, that might take a while. Carthage unloaded more troops on Viroconium hill in 1540, just a little bit after the capture of Anjar. This time, the troops were in lower numbers- one unit Mercenaries, one unit Cavalry, one unit Longbowmen.

Roman troops were ready to attack them in 1545. Cavalry easily defeated the Numidian Mercenaries and Cavalry. Then, a Leigon charged at the Longbowmen...
...and lost. Caeser is now pissed. The chances of the Leigon winning were 90%; (exactly- I checked the Combat calculator), so why did they lose and why did they barely injure the Longbowmen? Oh well, injured Cavalry took out the "Invincible Longbowmen". Things appeared to be working well for Rome. Until, shocking news occured. Carthage got the Byzantines into another alliance...
...and this time it was against the Roman Empire.

Caeser is howling with rage. "Those goddamn traitors! I swear, I will wipe that filthy grin off of Theodora's face if it's the last thing I do!!"

Soon after, the Byzantines declared war on Babylon. Caeser suspects a Carthage-Byzantine military alliance, but without acess to either of their diplomatic meetings, he has no way of knowing.

Then, after a naval battle between Carthage and Rome (which Rome won), The Byzantines made their charge, launching attackes at Huamanga and Vitcos. The Vitcos attack has not yet arrived, but the city cannot be reinforced in time. At Huamanga, the Byzantine Cavalry defeated the Roman musketmen garrison and the city fell to the traitorous Byzantines.

Caeser has retaliated against the Byzantines by redirecting some of his troops there, and also, he has signed an alliance with America, the only "Allied" nation not yet at war with them, in an alliance against the Byzantines:

While his troops turn around to head towards Byzantium, he has attacked Malaca, the Carthaginian city on the island of Sicily. 3 cavalry units charged at the city; 3 numidian mercenary garrisons were killed, and the city is now Roman.

One stayed in Malaca, the other two retreated to Viroconium, where another 2 Cavalry defeated the Longbowmen outside the city.

Yep, this will be a long war, all right.

Last edited:
War with the Byzantines? Wonderful! I don't think you should have bribed America into it though, Wouldn't it be nice to have that whole sector to yourself?

Top Bottom