Star Wars Mod

Or complety forget about a Starwars mod. and make a Stargate mod!

Stargate is so much better then Starwars. anyway. Who's with me?

The mod made by civmansam is poorly done and not even complete. Wait til the new sw mod is made, that should be better by leaps and bounds.

Aw come On, it wasn't that bad.:p Or maybe it was:blush:

Anyway, I wanted to say something that has been long overdue, which is, basically the reason for my mysterious dissapearance. And it was basically one thing after another. I got involved in a lot of outside work, I couldn't get the mod going well, team members were strangely dissapearing, support was decreasing, and then finally, my CIV 4 broke. That was the major reason for my dissapearance, and frankly I haven't gotten it fixed.

But I'm glad that someone has taken up this project, because it was something I really enjoyed and I'm happy that atleast the idea will be taken, if not the mod itself.

And if you do need a leader or a designer for the new mod you can tell me, I'll be checking civ fanatics a little more nowadays, and I have been through the mod making process and I can tell you that it isn't easy.

My best advice is to recreate everything but use a few bits and peices from the old mod. It needs a major overhaul.

And thank you Woodelf, for helping people while I was gone, and answering questions during my absense

Again, sorry to all the people who wanted to talk to me during my leave.

Aw come On, it wasn't that bad. Or maybe it was
Well, it wasn't really bad. It just was trying to do too much at one time. The Yuuzhan Vong had been put in, but had no really unique units, the graphics weren't all in place... If it had been just the things that had really been made well, it would have been amazing. Just, many of the things hadn't been made completely. That's why we decided to make scenarios, first, and then make a complete mod when all or most of the scenarios had been completed completely.

Aw come On, it wasn't that bad.:p Or maybe it was:blush:

Anyway, I wanted to say something that has been long overdue, which is, basically the reason for my mysterious dissapearance. And it was basically one thing after another. I got involved in a lot of outside work, I couldn't get the mod going well, team members were strangely dissapearing, support was decreasing, and then finally, my CIV 4 broke. That was the major reason for my dissapearance, and frankly I haven't gotten it fixed.

But I'm glad that someone has taken up this project, because it was something I really enjoyed and I'm happy that atleast the idea will be taken, if not the mod itself.

And if you do need a leader or a designer for the new mod you can tell me, I'll be checking civ fanatics a little more nowadays, and I have been through the mod making process and I can tell you that it isn't easy.

My best advice is to recreate everything but use a few bits and peices from the old mod. It needs a major overhaul.

And thank you Woodelf, for helping people while I was gone, and answering questions during my absense

Again, sorry to all the people who wanted to talk to me during my leave.

Sorry friend, I wasn't trying to piss on your work. But upon playing it, there were many things that needed improving. Thank you though for telling us what happened though.

Hi guys, i strangely dissapeared like some of the others but im back. i had school and i sorta forgot after a couple of weeks

should we start a complete new thread?

When BtS comes out, are you going to make the Star Wars mod for it? I haven't played the mod in a while but is it going to be more space-based or planet based (ie, are you going to use the new space terrain and mechanics supplied in BtS)? I'm nearly done with the Warlords version of Modern Warfare, and I'm looking for a possible new project.

I personaly think that we are going to make the basic ideas, and possibly release a working version for vannila, then add some stuff and change it for BtS. So, we will have a version for everyone, then change it for the people who buy BtS, so its better. It is a compromise for everyone. However, it isn't really my decision, so I don't know.

I'm not exactly sure if what were going to do at this stage, so hold that thought.

About the new thread, I think we should make a mod first before we start another, this will do till we release the first version.

Top Bottom