The terrain-unwise Romans

Chapter 35: The Russian Mountain Battles

Although most of the battles in the early war were battles at sea, which is wher the war's name- "The Great Naval War"- came from, there were also a signifigant number of battles in the mountains between St. Petersburg and Novgorod. Although Moscow and St. Petersburg fell quickly to Roman Forces, The Mountainous terrain prevented much further advance, and allowed for an Egyptian counter-attack.

An odd message came to Caeser in March, 1932:

So, Rome no longer had Dyes? Who were they getting Dyes from, anyway? Well, whoever they were getting it from, they knew where they could continue getting it: The Mayans.

Did Caeser mention that he hates the hefty price on Luxuries?

At Delft, Holland, A Dutch Ship convoy consisting of 2 Frigates, the DS Journey and the DS Magnificent, and a Galleon. The Destroyer RS Striker was given the task of destroying this convoy. The DS Journey was the first to be destroyed.

Speaking of Luxuries- earlier, anyway, the Wines that China was selling to Rome were no longer being sold in 1933. This deal was renegotiated, but Gems replaced Wines since the Dutch had Wines- that Caeser could take. However, Caeser wonders why Gems cost more than Wines, when they have the same effect.

The Dutch Destroyer DS Downwind moved to cover the earlier mentioned Convoy. In 1934, The Striker sent it to Davy Jones' Locker.

Speaking of Naval Battles, Farther North, near the city of Balkh, The Destroyer RS Doomsday had a far easer target: A Dutch Galley. Name: Who gives a (insert swear word of choice here)?

More destructive naval battles would soon continue, but first, Roman Scientists followed up on the Combustion Engine, by using it to create small, motored vehicles. These could even be used for Armored Military Stuff...

These "Tanks" Shall be built right away.

Now, as for those Naval Battles...

The RS Caeser easily sank an Egyptian Ironclad, the ES Spark, and The Striker Sent the DS Magnificent to its doom.

And, Roman Spy Agent Red failed to get into Amsterdam.

An Invasion across the Straits of Moscow had long been contemplated, but the transports to carry the invasion were not present. Until 1936. A massive invasion force arrived near Moscow, and it attacked in 1938. The Destroyers RS Maximus and RS Germanicus (I do not currently have one named after Hadrian) bombarded the city, and revealed it had a crappy defense. Somewhat surprising for a city that used to be a large capital. Even more surprising is the fact that the Russian citizens have completely assimilated into Egyptian culture. The Roman government finds that doing that to the Byzantines, Inca, and Americans is much harder. But, it has been longer...

Anyway, back to the battle. Germanicus' Army didn't break a sweat killing the Riflemen and Spearmen defending one of the oldest cities in the world (What I mean is according to turns- although every capital in the world but Rome was founded in 4000 BC, The oldest city in the world is the capital of whoever had the first turn after mine- Moscow might be THE oldest city in the world, as a matter of fact- I'll check the replay at the end of the game to see). They also captured a group of Egyptian workers. Hmm... This was too easy.

It was hoped that the troops would then be able to capture St. Petersburg, but thanks to massive Egyptian culture and poor terrain, Only the two remaining armies were able to attack. Although Hadrian's Army and the Third Army were each able to defeat a Riflemen Garrison in St. Petersburg that year, time must wait before continuing on.

In the Mediterranean Sea, the RS Caeser took another victim: The Egyptian Ironclad ES Anubis.

The Dutch Navy appeared to have reason for its convoys: Sending Troops to attack Rome. It sent 2 Cavalry units to Nicomedia, and 6 Infantry units to an area 100 Miles West of Tiwanaku.

May 7, 1940: The First ever Tanks were deployed to attack the Infantry menacing Tiwanaku. It was able to defeat 2 of their units with relative ease. Caeser likes these "Tanks".

Back at St. Petersburg, The Artillery earlier transported to Africa (If you go WAAY back, you'll notice that's what I call the Island currently occupied by Egypt.) bombarded the city, and made the 3 garrisons of Riflemen easy prey for 3 attacking units of Cavalry. 2 cities down- 14 to go. The rest of the Roman Military continues on to the Mountains just to the south. Little were they prepared for what was about to happen.

There, In The Spring of 1941, Egyptian Riflemen, Guerrilas, Crusaders, and Cavalry attacked the Roman Cavalry at their position 200 miles South of St. Petersburg. The exact occurences in the battle are forgotten, but it is known what each side lost:

Egyptian Casualties:
2 units of Riflemen, 2 of Crusaders, 3 of Cavalry

Roman Casualties:
1 unit of Cavalry, 3 more retreated

1 Egyptian Mixed Division- That is, 10 Units not of the same kind (If they were of the same kind, I would say which kind. e.g., if it was 10 Riflemen, I would say it is a Riflemen Division)- made up of 7 Riflemen units and 3 Guerilla units still hold a position 100 miles North of Novgorod and would soon be attacked by the 3 Roman Armies.

Babylon soon after suggested a deal known only as "The OMFG! ROTFLMFAO" Deal now. Here it is:

Caeser couldn't stop laughing when he heard this deal. "What is this, an April Fools Joke? Why would I PAY for a Mutual Protection Pact I don't need with the smallest, weakest, and most backwards nation on the freaking planet!"

Hammurabi's reply: "Why, uh... Yes, April Fools!"

Hammurabi just did this because he couldn't think of a better response. Plus, it was May 15.

The Dutch Infantry at Tiwanaku feared the new Tanks that had appeared, and decided to destroy them. One of the units of Infantry attacked, and failed, but the second succeded. The third of the remaining 4 infantry units "suicided" themselves attacking the Infantry defending Tiwanaku, and the 4th merely destroyed some railroads.
At Nicomedia, the Cavalry attacked the city of Nicomedia itself- and both units quickly retreated.

In 1942, Rome assaulted the Egyptian mixed division holding position at the mountain 100 miles North of Novgorod. The first order of business was bombardment. Then the 3 armies attacked. The Third Army attacked first, and defeated 3 of the Riflemen units. Then, a 4th was attacked because it seemed safe- but how wrong that decision was. The entire rest of the army died in that battle. And the anonymous leader is known to be dead- his body appeared in a package that was delivered to Caeser the next week. How it got in that package, no one knows.
Germanicus' Army attacked next, killing 2 units of Riflemen and one of Guerrilas. They then retreated, as they weren't going to make the same mistake the Third Army had made. Hadrian's Army then attacked, finishing off the rest of the division- 2 Riflemen units and 2 Guerrila units. Unfortunately, this army is very badly injured and needs help. Other Cavalry are moving in to protect this army.

The Egyptian Ironclad ES Invincible lived up to its name soon after, taking out the attacking Destroyer RS Maximus. Unfortunately, invincible it was not, as it was then sunk by a surprise attack from the RS Germanicus. The RS Caeser also sank an Egyptian Frigate, the ES Revenge.

At Tiwanaku, another unit of Tanks finished of the two remaining units of Dutch Infantry.

The Roman Agent ZOCI attempted to get into Thebes soon after. He had no more luck than previous agents. Grr.

Egypt mounted a counter-counter-counterattack on the mountains in 1943, but it was truly pathetic. It was only one unit of Cavalry, only capable of killing the Cavalry defending Hadrian's Army.

The Dutch had a very stupid idea in 1943 also. It was called "Peace"

"Uh... You DO Realize I'm trying to conquer the world, right? How can I do that with Peace?"

The envoy's head was sent to to William in a golden box.

And the Dutch definately were dumb, or maybe they just wanted Rubber VERY desperately. Whatever the case, the heavily injured Dutch Cavalry did the equivalent of commiting suicide by attacking the Infantry at Nicomedia again.

The RS Caeser and RS Germanicus continued their never-ending fights in the mediterranean sea against Egyptian ships. A Frigate (ES Amber) and a Galleon are now added to their kills.

4 more Dutch Infantry unit appeared at the shores near Tiwanaki in 1945. They were attacked by Tanks in 1946. The first unit killed 1 of the 4 Infantry units, then rested due to being damaged. There was then major bad luck as their was to the other 3 Infantry, in order, a retreat, a loss, another retreat, and another loss before the second unit of Infantry was annhilated. The Tank attacking immediately afterward retreated, and a unit of Infantry lost. Geez, these Infantry are heavily injured! Luckily, Cavalry now took out a third unit, and the first Tank unit then took out the first now took out the fourth, as the fourth was in an even worse condition by this point.

Somewhere, the RS Striker sank a Dutch destroyer, the DS Sunset, and the RS Caeser befell a similar fate to the RS Maximus, although it was able to do more damage to the Ironclad it fought, ES Giza. The RS Germanicus finished off the Giza, just as it had done to the ES Invincible several years ago.

And, at Alexandria, Egypt, another invasion was taking place. A 2-pronged attack that would hopefully overwhelm the Egyptians. Bombardment, obviously, was step #1. The next step was attacking. The first unit of Cavalry showed immense bravery defeating one of the Riflemen garrisons there, so the unit's leader was promoted to great leader status.
"What is your name, soldier?" Asked Caeser when they met.
"Claudius. No, I am not in any way related to your military advisor, as far as I know, I just happen to have the same name as him."

Claudius shall soon be given command of the first Tank army.

Cavalry then continued their assualt on Alexandria. A guerrilla was next to fall to the onslaught, but then Roman Cavalry lost attacking Riflemen. No matter, just a minor setback, and after a Cavalry victory against a unit of Riflemen, another of Guerrillas, and a third of Riflemen, Alexandria had fallen. And with it, the Sistine Chapel. Also, a group of Egyptian workers and some Artillery were captured (In the game, one unit, if you must know).

The other nations (except Babylon) were doing the "mysterious tech-getting" again. They had a while ago all gotten their hands on Mass Production, and now all of them but Egypt had something the Roman scientists had been working on and advised not to pay for, and all but Egypt and Carthage had a long-distance communication device called a "Radio". Caeser decided to sell Motorized Transportation to China and the Maya, picking up Radio from China, and then sold the technology of Radio to Carthage. Rome still lacks Flight, but only for a little while longer.

Egypt made another pointless counter-attack in 1947: They attacked the Infantry in Alexandria with Cavalry. Obviously, the Infantry won.

China decided to discontinue the selling of silks to Rome in 1947 also, so Coal and some gold renewed the deal. Apparently, China getting Saltpeter didn't affect this deal! Caeser must have mis-remembered.

January, 1948 was quite the month for tech. A new era, with the same effects as previous eras...

And, the technology earlier mentioned, Flight, was finished. It could allow for flying machines called "airplanes" that could be equipped with weapons, but needed re-fueling stations, a.k.a, airports and airfields. There was also the invention of the Flak Cannon, a powerful anti-air weapon.

These modern technologies needed a place to be demonstrated. Someone had suggested doing it at the oldest city in the Roman empire, but the safety of the demonnstration could not be guarenteed in Moscow. So, it was instead held in the second-oldest city: Constantinople. Unfortunately, the technology wasn't perfect. It went out of control and started plummeting towards the harbor. And it crashed straight into the Collosus' base, causing a huge explosion that caused the Collosus to fall over, and break up in the city's harbor. Luckily, no one was injured, with the exception of the pilot of the airplane that exploded.

This wouldn't be the first time a wonder has failed to work. The Oracle, in Amsterdam, made not-very-believable theories that were disregarded by Theology. The Great Lighthouse of Constantinople broke down at the end of the Age of Discovery. The Great Library's books were donated to Universities. The Hanging Gardens, in Elephantine, and the Knights' Templar HQ in Thebes had been destroyed by runaway trains. The Great Wall of Amsterdam and the Statue of Zeus in Caeserea had been destroyed by accidental cannon fire. And the Temple of Artemis had been destroyed by religious fanatics "visiting" it in Chichen Itza.

Near Balkh, the RS Doomsday attacked the Dutch Destroyer DS Predecessor, and lost.

Also, Claudius' Army was finished:

However, the Egyptian Ironclad ES Still Invicible was blockading the harbor of Alexandria, and needed to be destroyed. Unfortunately, it cost a lot to attack. The RS Germanicus failed to kill it. Then, artillery bombarder the ship, which they should have done previous to the attack, and, lacking any other means of attack, Transports began to attack it. What a disaster. The Ironclad sank 3 Transports before succumbing to the 4th. Luckily, Claudius' Army has now been able to more quickly reach Africa because of this, although some wonder whether it was worth it.

Meanwhile, there were 4 units of Riflemen and 1 of Guerrilla 100 miles South of St. Petersburg. After Artillery did their thing, Cavalry attacked. A loss to riflemen, 2 wins vs. Riflemen, another loss to riflemen, another 2 wins vs. Riflemen, A Cavalry loss to the Guerrillas, and then an Infantry win against the guerrilas. Good grief, with this many units to fight, will this war ever end?

Last edited:
Of course I WANT Modern Armor, but I'm not trying for them at the moment. Here is my current projected tech path:

Amphi War (For Marines)-->Fission (for the UN)-->Computers (For MI and the SETI Program)-->Rocketry (For Alluminum)-->Ecology-->Syntheic Fibers-->Space Flight (For :nuke:)

Oh but why are you going after amphibious war? Tanks are stronger. Or do you just want to be able to attack from the sea?

If I didn't want to be able to attack from the sea, why would I research the tech? :p

Whoever runs the Intellegence Agency is FIRED. Spies repeatedly fail to be planted in Amsterdam. I did manage to get one in Thebes, though, but sheesh.

Oh, and in other news...

World War II!! The Dutch MAed Babylon against me ( :lol: ), and I got tired of their Destroyers constantly attacking me and me not being able to do much about it, so I MAed China and Carthage against them, and Maya then declared war via their MPP with Carthage. The MPP with Egypt and the Netherlands has expired, so Egypt is only fighting me and China, whom they were MAed against. Babylon is only fighting me, and I'll kill them when I get around to it. I want their Incense! So,

The "Strong" Side:
Me
China
Carthage
Maya

The "Weak" Side:
Dutch
Egypt
3CC Babylon That I will kill when I get around to it

I call them "Strong" and "Weak" because this is the current order of Power:

1. China
2. Maya
3. Rome
4. Carthage
5. Dutch
6. Egypt
7. Babylon

Governments: I am in Monarchy, the Egypt is in Fascism (And have much smaller cities), Maya is in Anarchy, Everyone else is in Democracy (But probably not for long...)

Last edited:
Chapter 36: Escalation

Although the war was called "The Great Naval War" from 1930 until 1954, alliances and Pacts turned it from a war that involved only 3 nations to a war that involved the entire world. This is how it escalated. (BTW, we now get into turns that are one year only, so events will happen as months. If it happened in January-March, it was the part of the IBT were every civ gets stuff built and the likes. If it happened in April-September, It happened During my turn. If it happened During October-December, It happened During the AI's turn(s).)

The Transport that had sunk the ES Still Invincible was left vulnerable just outside Alexandria's Harbor after the battle. It was just asking to be attacked, and in 1949, it was sunk by another Egyptian Ironclad, the ES Voyager.
Speaking of Alexandria, it was the site of a great battle. Although the Cavalry attacking the city failed to defeat the Infantry garrison, the Massive Riots did not. Alexandria returned to Egypt, and not only were the resistors defending the city, so were 3 rushed defenders. (Egypt Pop-Rushed 1 Rifle, and Drafted 2 more. Someone explain to me how they can do that ON THE IBT????)

Alexandria was, of course, Assaulted again in 1950. Unfortunately, the only troops in range of the city were a unit of Infantry and some Artillery. The Infantry managed to defeat one of the 4 Riflemen garrisons, but 3 still remain.

September came and it was time again for another try at spying. Agent 078 had terrificly bad results in Amsterdam:

Fortunately (for both me and for the Intellegence Agency's CEO), Agent Green fared better in Thebes.

Agent Green proceeded to give a detailed report on Egypt's military strength:

The attack on Alexandria resumed the following Spring. It was easy for Claudius' Tanks to kill the woefully unprepared 3 Riflemen defending the city, which was fully under Roman control on April 23rd, 1951. But rather than let it defect again, the city was obliterated, and the not-quite-helpful-enough-to-be-spared Sistine Chapel with it. This is a warning to Egypt: Defect, and your cities shall be annhilated! (And they will probably defect a lot- my culture is somewhere in the low 30,000's whereas Egypt's culture exceeds 50,000. I guess there's not much to do on an island but build...)

Meanwhile, at Novgorod, Rome prepared to attack, again. After bombardment, it was no trouble for Hadrian's Army to defeat the two units of Riflemen and one unit of Cavalry defending the city.

They also discovered something: Russian citizens still exist.

[NOTE FROM THE FUTURE: This used to be a picture of a citizen in Novgorod that had Russian Nationality, kind of surprising to see considering how long ago the Egyptians conquered the city from Russia, and there weren't even any in the other former Russian cities!]

Unfortunately, the few that did were accidentally starved to death (I was trying to starve the Egyptians, and the Russian citizen died instead- I hate it when that happens)

And, more troops continued further to the South, at Rostov. Germanicus led his army to victory against 2 units of Guerrilas. Now Rome pauses. 4 Cavalry are in position to attack Rostov, but is it a good idea? To answer, Agent Green has been sent to give a status report on the city:

It appears that 2 units of Riflemen remain to defend the city, so the 4 Cavalry may have a chance- but this report does show bad news: The Egyptians are mobilized.

The Attacking, Cavalry are 3 Veterans, one at 75% Strength and one Elite unit. One of the Veterans attacked first- and won! That's luck. Unfortunately, the other 3 units attacked in turn- and all 3 failed to defeat the other unit of Riflemen. Rostov will remain Egyptian for at least one more year.

6 Roman units of Cavalry camped out 100 miles Northwest of Heliopolis, Egypt. They weren't there to attack- there was no way they could stand up to Riflemen fortified in a Metropolis- they were here to pillage the tiles around Heliopolis, including the radar tower to the south of the city which was giving Egyptian troops in the area an edge in combat. Unfortunately, this would be their downfall. 6 units of Egyptian Cavalry assualted their position and Egypt won the ensuing Battle of Heliopolis. All 6 Roman Cavalry units were destroyed. So much for that plan.

Fortunately, Roman forces at Novgorod had better luck. Infantry took out one attacking Cavalry unit, and Hadrian's Army took out another one.

Unfortunately, The Dutch Destroyer DS Stormcruiser sank the RS Striker somewhere off the coast of Incaland. The Roman Navy is very small.

May 3, 1952:
Rostov was attacked again. This time, Artillery were able to blast it before the troops attacked. Anthony, the leader of first Tank unit to defeat the first garrison of Riflemen displayed excellent leadership...

Anthony was given command of an army of Tanks after the Battle of Rostov.

Unfortunately, it seemed that unit did poorly without Anthony's help, because they had to retreat during their next attack. Another unit of Tanks defeated 2 more units of Riflemen defending Rostov, and Cavalry finished the battle by defeating the 4th.

Meanwhile, 100 miles to the north of Novgorod, Roman forces prepared to attack a newly unloaded Egyptian force consisting of 3 units of Riflemen, 3 of Guerrillas, and 2 of Cavalry. Artillery softened them first. The first attack came from a Tank unit, which killed one of the Guerrila units but was killed by a second. Anthony's newly-formed Army killed one of the Guerrila units and 2 of the Riflemen units. Hadrian then attacked and defeated the 3rd Riflemen unit, and Germanicus had the same results attacking one of the Cavalry units. Unfortunately, Infantry fared poorly attacking the other unit of Cavalry. An injured unit of Guerrillas and another of Cavalry remains on the mountain.

Unfortunately, bad news was to follow at Rostov. Although the defending Infantry held off one attacking unit of Cavalry, they could not hold off two, and Rostov was once again Egyptian. Worse, this allowed 2 more units of Egyptian Cavalry to kill the injured Tank units to the North of Rostov more quickly and easily.

It also allowed Egyptian Cavalry to have an easier route to Novgorod, but Anthony held up well against 3 attacking units of Egyptian Cavalry.

Another Recycled Discovery by Roman scientists in 1953. Amphibious Warfare: Now we can attack from the sea! Nothing can stop us!

At Novgorod, the Guerrilla and Cavalry still remain, so Anthony's Army put an end to their misery. A counter-counter-counter-you get the idea-attack is being prepared now.

But, spying is given a chance again and Agent T had no more sucess than his predecessors:

Meanwhile, 100 miles East of the ruins of Alexandria, the city of Asyut was built by Egypt, and just ahead of the Roman Settlers trying to build a city 100 miles North of Asyut's location. But that was nothing compared to the following (laughable) news:

Caeser laughs. "Babylon? That's who you're bringing in to fight me? Is this supposed to scare me?" William of Orange definately needs advice on who to ally with.

Asyut came under attack from Roman forces in 1954. After Bombardment, a unit of riflemen and another of Guerrilla were killed by Claudius' Army. This was then followed by 2 units of Guerrila being killed by Infantry, and yet, the city still stands. Egypt must really want this location.

6 units of Egyptian Cavalry had appeared 200 miles Northwest of Novgorod, threateningn a nearby artillery stack, but this was all part of the plan. Rome had purposely baited them there to leave them out in the open- and an easy target. Hadrian's Army took out 3 of them, and Germanicus' Army took out the other 3.

Just because Babylon was a crappy opponent, that didn't mean they weren't worth a spy. Agent 123 was sent to Nippur, and guess what?

The Director of the CIA was fired soon after.

Even though the Dutch were poor at making allies, Rome now had 3 enemies to deal with, and the Dutch Navy was really getting on Caeser's nerves. So, he decided to sign some alliances of his own against the Dutch, one with China and one with Carthage. He figured that Mutual Protection Pacts would then get the Maya against the Dutch, and Egypt against all 3.

Unfortunately, it didn't quite work out as planned. The Pact Egypt and the Netherlands had expired- Egypt wouldn't go to war with any other nation unless they chose to, or they were Allied into it, or they re-signed their Pact with the Dutch. Well, one of them happened: The Dutch got Egypt to declare war on China.

And, after the Destroyer RS Rebuilt was sunk by the Dutch Destroyer RS Victory, the Maya joined the war, presumably because the Dutch had also attacked Carthage:

The Mayans quickly captured the Dutch city of Samarra, which was completely surrounded by Mayan territory. And thus...

...World War II has begun.

Last edited:
Just in case people are interested, I actually was planning on posting 1955, which I've played, but I had too many screenies, so 1955 will take place in Chapter 37.

Ooooh, WW2! Yay! Are you ever going to attack Carthage after your ROP ends with them?

Eventually, I will attack them, but I have to wait for some deals to run out first. MA's have now gotten all 3 of my enemies (Babylon, Dutch, Egypt) fighting all 3 of my allies (China, Carthage, Maya). It has also gotten Babylon and Egypt at war. :lol:

Chapter 37 coming soon, and its only 5 turns (1955, 1956, 1957, 1958, 1959)! :eek:

Chapter 37 coming soon, and its only 5 turns (1955, 1956, 1957, 1958, 1959)! :eek:

This late in the game there is just so much that happens every turn. Five turns should be a good sized chapter.;)

Indeed it will be. The late game has so much happening in a single turn!

Sorry for lack of updatage. It was another situation where I lose control of the computer 2 seconds after I say "update coming soon." Update will come tomorrow, and then I'll be on vacation from the 25th (Wendesday, or the day after tomorrow), until August 7th, so no updates until I get back.

Chapter 37: World War II

It was unbelievable how much could be done in a single year with Tanks, 5 armies, some artillery, and some (usually bad) luck, as Rome discovered in the late 1950's. Although it isn't mentioned, several Egyptian ships were also destroyed in the battles for some cities.

1955 was less advancing and more taking back earlier lost territory, like Rostov. Egypt sure seemed to want to keep it, as it was defended by 2 garrisons of Riflemen, and 3 of Cavalry. Unfortunately for Egypt, These defenders were no match for 3 units of Tanks after bombardment.

At Asyut, the Battleship RS Crusher added the Ironclad ES Searcher to its list of kills to make a total of one. Inside the city, Claudius' Army made short work of the two (one each) bombarded units of Guerrila and Cavalry, and the city was destroyed in the fighting. A new city, Nicopolis, was built 100 miles North of it.

Abydos, just to the east of Rostov, was the next target. Bombardment came first, of course, and then Germanicus' Army led the charge. 2 units of Rilfemen and 1 of Guerrilla were killed by the army. A unit of Cavalry then finished off the last defenders- a unit of riflemen- and Abydos fell. A worker was also captured.

And Yaroslavl', a city to the west of Rostov that was the last Russian city Egypt was still in possession of, also came under attack by Roman forces. Antony's army killed one unit of Riflemen there, and the newly-created 5th Army took out another unit of Riflemen. Finally, Hadrian's Army killed the Cavalry unit defending the city and Yaroslavl' was Roman.

Yaroslavl' was the site of another pathetic counter-attack, in which Yaroslavl's defending Infantry easily defeated attacking Cavalry.

Hannibal suggested a trade of Territory Maps in November, 1955, which Caeser declined, as always.

There was also some diplomacy. Babylon commited suicide (again) by getting at war with China, and Carthage signed a Mutual Protection Pact with China:

Speaking of China, on December 19, 1955, they captured the Dutch city of Leiden, which ties with Trebizond as the northernmost city in the world.

Unfortunately, in January of 1956, Novgorod's resistance won its battle to return control of the city to Egypt, and although the city could be bombarded that year, there were no troops in attacking range.

Near Vilcas, Incaland, a convoy escorting A Dutch Transport consisting of the Destroyers DS Decoy, DS Escort, and DS Thunder appeared. It was attacked by the Roman Destroyers RS Protector I and RS Protector II- and the Romans failed to even scratch the Dutch Ships. The Dutch sure know how to make ships.

You know that ongoing Luxury deal Caeser has with Hannibal? Well, the price rose, again...

Caeser hopes that this will be the last time he ever has to pay for Furs and Spices.

China decided to get some friends more into the wars, and got the Maya to declare war on Egypt and Carthage to declare war on Babylon. Carthage remains at peace with Egypt, and the Maya remain at peace with Babylon, which allowed them to sign an alliance which appeared to turn two allies against each other:

The Dutch city of Balkh, just to the south of Leiden, was captured by China soon after, and the Maya captured Medina, Holland's last foreign city. Only the original 12 cities the Dutch had before any wars still remain under their control.

Novgorod was returned to Roman control after a short battle in May, 1957 in which a unit of Roman Cavalry killed the unit of Riflemen defending the city.

Caeser would have razed it, but Egypt obviously wants it, so that's a good reason for Rome to keep it.

100 miles South of St. Petersburg, An Egyptian force consisting of a Guerrilla unit and two Cavalry units were camped out. Tanks and Artillery made short work of them, with no Roman Casualties (I didn't lose any Tanks, only got them hurt).

100 miles Northwest of Hieraconpolis, Egypt, an Egyptian Radar tower was giving Egypt's troops in the area an edge in combat, so it had to be destroyed. The 5th army attacked the Tower's defending Cavalry and easily killed all one units of them, and the tower was destroyed.

Despite the RS Dominator's reputation for being unbeatable, it was a pretty ancient ship that would not be able to defeat more modern ships, so it was taken apart and its pieces used to build a new Battleship, which will be called the RS Dominator II and hopefully be just as invincible.

The CIA also had a busy year with spies, and, after much failure in previous years, a spy, Agent Tan, was able to get into Amsterdam. It's too bad that Agent X failed to get into Nippur:

Egypt counter-attacked Novgorod in October. Unfortunately, a lapse of memory meant that only a unit of Cavalry was defending Novogorod, and it was easy for Cavalry to kill them. A unit of Guerrilla and another of Riflemen moved into the city, and 3 units of Guerrilas occupy the mountain 100 miles South of the city.

A unit of Egyptian Cavalry also attacked Nicopolis, and their graves are on the battlefield.

Elsewhere, Akkad, a Babylonian port city that had Incense and the only thing Caeser would have bothered to gain from fighting Babylon, was captured by China. Caeser will make peace with Babylon as soon as they listen and let his allies destroy them.

And, alliances got Carthage to declare war on Egypt and Babylon to declare war on the Maya (suicide).

Elsewhere, The Convoy of Dutch ships unloaded 5 units of Infantry and one of Cavalry to the Northwest of Machu Picchu.

Friday, April 13, 1958:

"Friday The 13th" Sure was unlucky for Rome. Tanks attacking El-Amarna had terrible luck. After 3 Retreats, a unit of Tanks finally killed a unit of Guerrillas and another of Riflemen defending the city, and then there was another retreat. Now only the 4 heavily injured retreated Tank units remained to attack the city, and there was stilla unit of Riflemen defending. Undaunted, Roman forces continued the attack, and 2 heavily injured Tank divisions were lost before a third defeated the defending Riflemen.

At Hieraconpolis, The 5th army killed the 3 defending Riflemen. Another Egyptian city has fallen to Rome.

100 miles to the South of Heliopolis, another radar tower was destroyed by Claudius' Army after taking out the defending Cavalry.

The Guerrilla 100 miles South of Novgorod were attacked soon after. Anthony's Army killed 2 of the 3 units. Infantry attacked the third- and lost. Worse, this allowed the remaining heavily injured Guerrilla to later capture some Roman Artillery. Inside the city, other Infantry had better luck against Guerrillas.

In August, At Machu Picchu, the one Roman Tank unit on the continent defeated one of the 5 Dutch Infantry Units, then retreated to a second unit. A unit of Roman Infantry has been moved to defend these Tanks, another to defend a nearby work crew, and more have been sent to defend Machu Picchu itself.

The Dutch attacked in October. 3 of the 4 remaining Infantry units lost their lives attacking the city, and a Cavalry attacked and retreated. The 4th Infantry moved Northwest to a Roman Iron mine, apparently with goals to destroy the railroad and the mine. Luckily, they so far have been able to do nothing.

Back at Machu Picchu in April, 1959:

The heavily injured Tanks defeated the Heavily injured Dutch Cavalry, then went somewhere for repair, and another unit of Tanks took out the Dutch Infantry on the Iron mine.

At Novgorod, Germanicus' Army made short work of the defending Riflemen and Cavalry. Novgorod is once again Roman, hopefully for good this time. Also, the heavily injured Guerrilla that were still nearby the city were killed by a Roman Tank unit.

Between El-Amarna and Nicopolis, there were no cities, but Thebes' influence prevented the two fronts from Linking up. So, the city of Londinium was built to bring this area under Roman control. The two fronts have linked up.

100 miles east of Hieraconpolis, 3 Egyptian Guerrilla units hoped to recapture the city. That hope was quickly destroyed by the 5th Army, and the Guerrilla's lives along with it.

Heliopolis was then bombarded, by both artillery and by Roman Bombers, planes that drop bombs. Unlike Artillery, these can actually completely destroy the units they attack, and 2 units of Riflemen were killed by Bombers. Infantry then killed a third unit, and Claudius' Army killed the 4th and last unit of Riflemen.

Egypt has 6 cities left, and the Roman armies are in range of their capital. They will attack next year, and Hadrian's Army took the liberty of killing a unit of riflemen to the south of the city, destroying another radar tower. Egypt will not last much longer.

Last edited:
Sorry for the small error(s) some of you may have seen. :blush: Anyway, here are some more pictures. First, the Dutch and Egyptian Troop counts, as well as mine for comparison:

Now, here's the 3 Histographs. The Power and Score graphs look roughly equal, and I am in the lead in both. As for the culture graph...

The Victory Status Screen is shown here. I'm halfway to dominating the world, I have 6 (soon to be 3) rivals left, the UN is not built, but will be soon as I have a pre-build that I will switch to the UN once I research Fission, and Nobody has a chance to get a Culture Victory. Same goes for Space Race if the tech pace doesn't pick up, which will never happen if everyone keeps researching the same thing!

Here's a minimap, with the same key for symbols and stuff as my previous one in post 172:

And, lastly, here is another giant map of the world (the centerline is still probably not fixed :rolleyes:)

Spoiler :

Last edited:
He hasn't updated it in a while, actually- it got to big for his wall. He now has a team of cartographers to do it for him on a cool invnetion called paper. It will be done on Computers as soon as Computers are invented. :p

Hmmm, looking on the map again, when did Carthage get that little island to the south of the second main continent (with Macao and Gades) and when did you get the island to the north of the continent. (with Nicomedia and Ancyra)

Hi Everybody!

No Playing tonight, I've spent hours catching up on CFC, and I'm too tired to do much except lie down and go to sleep.

In answer to mythmonster's question:

Gades was built by Carthage, and in WWI, They captured Macao. As for Nicomedia and Ancyra, refer to Chapter 33. :evil:

Top Bottom