3.0 discussion

:)

Really excited about this, and i am ready to write civilopedia entries and/or brainstorm ideas for stuff.

sure thing bro. i want at many wonders as possible!!

do you mean music that you wrote?

No. While I've actually written a badass song called the "Angry Mob Anthem," it's all in my head rather than on paper, and of course, nobody has performed it yet.

I meant the stuff I suggested in the Revolutionary music thread. I think I emailed you "Revolution Calling" by Queensryche, and "Run to the Hills" by Iron Maiden. And I don't care if some of us have heard it too much already, "American Idiot" definitely deserves to be in this mod.

As for what else should be in, I'd say put in a lot more infrastructure buildings, like maybe a movie theatre.

I also still think that each ideaology squat/branch should offer benefits to the city it's built in. My ideas were

Conservative Branch: Lowers Upkeep
Neo-Liberal Branch: Increased Traderoute Yield
Nationalist Branch: Happiness for that city increased.
Anarchist Squat: New Units built in city recieve 1 Free Experience Point.
Communist Squat: City Saves Extra Food
Autonomist Squat: Increased Defense in that City.

So why not build them all? Depending on what civics one picks, certain ideaology buildings cause unhappiness. For example, a Conservative Branch will make your city unhappy if you have a Planned economy, a Communist Squat decreases a city's happiness if you have a market economy, and a neoliberal branch will cause unhappiness if you have a civic related to economic nationalism like the Zapatistas fight for (I'm not sure such a civic is in the game, maybe add it).

No. While I've actually written a badass song called the "Angry Mob Anthem," it's all in my head rather than on paper, and of course, nobody has performed it yet.

I meant the stuff I suggested in the Revolutionary music thread. I think I emailed you "Revolution Calling" by Queensryche, and "Run to the Hills" by Iron Maiden. And I don't care if some of us have heard it too much already, "American Idiot" definitely deserves to be in this mod.

As for what else should be in, I'd say put in a lot more infrastructure buildings, like maybe a movie theatre.

I also still think that each ideaology squat/branch should offer benefits to the city it's built in. My ideas were

Conservative Branch: Lowers Upkeep
Neo-Liberal Branch: Increased Traderoute Yield
Nationalist Branch: Happiness for that city increased.
Anarchist Squat: New Units built in city recieve 1 Free Experience Point.
Communist Squat: City Saves Extra Food
Autonomist Squat: Increased Defense in that City.

So why not build them all? Depending on what civics one picks, certain ideaology buildings cause unhappiness. For example, a Conservative Branch will make your city unhappy if you have a Planned economy, a Communist Squat decreases a city's happiness if you have a market economy, and a neoliberal branch will cause unhappiness if you have a civic related to economic nationalism like the Zapatistas fight for (I'm not sure such a civic is in the game, maybe add it).

awesome bro. i think i will implement those buildings. wait till i publish the huge unit list (don't worry, 80% are UU's :D )

unfortunately there will be little pop music of any kind in this version of the mod. im looking specifically for independant music (seriously indy music or underground or local, not Death Cab for Cutie :( )

so far the bands that will be in are Existi, Asleep in the Sea (if i can find their album), Wax Vultures, maybe even some january taxi. these are local Arizona bands, so you will have to do your homework to find small local bands.

Just wondering if you could add new factions like Islamists fundamentalists. The story behind them would be that as North America split apart Osma sent various men to establish a regime to fight the Great Satan. UU would be terrorist and leader Osma. Also what are you going to do about corporations?

Just wondering if you could add new factions like Islamists fundamentalists. The story behind them would be that as North America split apart Osma sent various men to establish a regime to fight the Great Satan. UU would be terrorist and leader Osma.

Sorry, No. But the main infantry UU for USA will be "Veterans" and they will still be wearing their desert camo.

Also what are you going to do about corporations?

well, ive entertained the ideas of replacing them, or even leaving them out. also i have thought about being silly and modeling them after real corporations (ie: Microsquash)

awesome bro. i think i will implement those buildings. wait till i publish the huge unit list (don't worry, 80% are UU's :D )

unfortunately there will be little pop music of any kind in this version of the mod. im looking specifically for independant music (seriously indy music or underground or local, not Death Cab for Cutie :( )

so far the bands that will be in are Existi, Asleep in the Sea (if i can find their album), Wax Vultures, maybe even some january taxi. these are local Arizona bands, so you will have to do your homework to find small local bands.

Okay, maybe American Idiot is a little too popular, although it certainly can't be considered to be pop music along the same lines as NSync and stuff. But what about the music I mailed you? That's not pop, really. The bands are somewhat known, but so are the Sex Pistols and Sublime; that didn't stop you from including them.

Oh, and I think I'm going to make a Black Panter Unit for this mod. Should be easy enough.

what i mean by indie, is that only locals to your area typically even know about a band, and they have never, ever signed with a national recording label. as a matter of fact, it may even be impossible to get their albums, and some times you have to get them off of myspace, msnmusic, ect.

What im trying to say is that all of the music that was on the previous versions that i could be sued over has to be out. im not gonna f*** with the RIAA if i don't have to, and they seem to be ascendant for the time being.

i also plan on implementing the entire soundtrack into a separate patch (the "music patch"). you would have to download it separately.

i also would like to know the copyright status of stuff like the rolling stones and edwin starr. coz i don't want to lose the oldies as well as the pop tunes.

what i mean by indie, is that only locals to your area typically even know about a band, and they have never, ever signed with a national recording label. as a matter of fact, it may even be impossible to get their albums, and some times you have to get them off of myspace, msnmusic, ect.

What im trying to say is that all of the music that was on the previous versions that i could be sued over has to be out. im not gonna f*** with the RIAA if i don't have to, and they seem to be ascendant for the time being.

i also plan on implementing the entire soundtrack into a separate patch (the "music patch"). you would have to download it separately.

i also would like to know the copyright status of stuff like the rolling stones and edwin starr. coz i don't want to lose the oldies as well as the pop tunes.

I honestly think music shouldn't be your biggest worry out of all the things that might get you in trouble for this mod! I bet the CIA's reading this right now! :lol: On a side note, I actually was under the impression that peer-to-peer file-sharing was controversially but cleanly ruled to be legal. The case also resolved that people who talk on forums count as peers, so that means us. On the other hand, the ruling may have just been in California, so I don't know. Fortunately, I can mod myself, so I can just add whatever music I want.

Also fortunately, I guarantee you that all the obnoxious media companies who currently hold copyright claims will soon be rendered as dead as kerosene by the Internet. I think that instead of sueing sites like Youtube for money, they should just make a court case to get stock in Internet companies. Because that's the only way they'll survive in the long run; trust me.

Now, I wanted to ask you a few other things about the mod. One, you said each Civ could have several different leaders. However, I didn't think that was actually possible in a scenario, so how would you make that work?

Secondly, you also said that while you could play as several leaders, you would be forced to have the same ideaology. This is not necessarily true, as in BtS, some leaders have Favorite Civics as well as favorite civics.

Also, what are the punk unit's stats going to be? And will your armed worker/armed guy in business suit be in the game?

yeah, actually the disgruntled citizen fights right alongside the punks in the same unit formation. :) thought you'd all like that

as for the ideology, i might try to implement the option where you pick the religion when you aquire it (but as of yet i havent even used it in BtS, still just trying other features) that would allow for alternate ideologies. im sure we'll figure a way to make it work.

i agree with you about copyright, except im just so much an anarchist i don't want to use thier music. maybe i will work with a list of bands that would never sue me....

What about the multiple leaders available for each Civ? Do you have an answer for that, yet?

no we need to come up with that answer as a community

so far:

USA
Bush
Hillary C.
maybe Obama

Mexico:
Calderon
Obregon

Canada:
Harper
???

Cuba:
Fidel Castro
Raul Castro?
???

South Rebels:
Subcommander Marcos
Pres. Hugo Chavez

North Rebels:
Syndicalists?
?????

Unique Unit List
(not including ideologues or shared units or future units)

Classes:
INF = Heavy Infantry; default marine
2NDINF = light infantry or civ flavored; default protester
ARMOR = tanks; default abrams
BOMBER= includes stealth as UU
CHOPPER=based on Gunship
FIGHTER= based on jetfighter
MECH=mechanized;based on mechanized infantry

some more i will reveal later... ;)

UNITTYPE Name
:strength:x
:move:x
:hammers:x
Promotions
Bonuses

Canada

INF Regulars
:strength:24
:move:1
:hammers:160
+50% vs MECH

2NDINF Mountie
:strength:20
:move:3
:hammers:110
Mobility
+50% withdraw

ARMOR Leopard 2A5
:strength:40
:hammers:240
2-3 First strikes
No defensive bonus

BOMBER B52 Stratofortress
:strength:18
:move:12
Collateral 20%
-5% vs. water

CHOPPER AH-64 Apache
:strength:28
:move:5
:hammers:180
No defensive bonus
Flying can't take cities
25% with draw
+75% vs Armor

FIGHTER F-16 Falcon
:move:10
:hammers:150
Collateral 10%
Intercept 70%

MECH Stryker ICV
:strength:34
hammers=220
March
Intercept 25%

Cuba

INF Redguard
+50% City Strength

2NDINF Comrades
:move:2
:hammers:110
+50% City Strength

ARMOR T-84 Oplot
:strength:36
:hammers:200
0-1 First strikes
Blitz
No defensive bonus

BOMBER TU-95 Bear
:strength:17
:hammers:140
Collateral 15%
-5% vs. water

CHOPPER MI-24 Hind
:strength:26
:move:4
:hammers:170
No defensive bonus
Flying can't take cities
25% with draw
+100% vs Armor

FIGHTER Su-37 Flanker
:strength:22
:hammers:120
Collateral 10%
Intercept 60%

MECH BTR-80
:strength:30
hammers=180
Medic
Intercept 20%

Mexico

INF GAFE
+50% vs INF

2NDINF Policia
:strength:20
+25% vs 2ND INF

ARMOR M60 Patton
Blitz
No defensive bonus

BOMBER B52 Stratofortress
:move:12
Collateral 20%
-5% vs. water

CHOPPER AH-1 Cobra
No defensive bonus
Flying can't take cities
25% withdraw
+100% vs Armor

FIGHTER F-16 Falcon
:hammers:150
Collateral 10%
Intercept 70%

MECH M3 Bradley
:strength:32
hammers=200
March
Intercept 20%

Northern Rebels

INF Guerilla
Commando
+25% vs 2NDINF
+25% vs. ARMOR

2NDINF Reactionaries
:hammers:90
Commando
1 First Strike

ARMOR M60 Patton
Blitz
No defensive bonus

BOMBER C-130 Conversion
:strength:16
:hammers:100
Collateral 25%
-10% vs. water

CHOPPER AH-1 Cobra
No defensive bonus
Flying can't take cities
25% withdraw
+100% vs Armor

FIGHTER F-86 Sabre
:hammers:100
Collateral 10%
Intercept 70%

MECH Pickup Truck Technical (needs graphic, currently using black humvee)
:strength:26
hammers=140
Mobility
Commando
Intercept 20%

Southern Rebels

INF Zapatista
Drill I