The terrain-unwise Romans

Well- crap.

I gave my mom the computer for a while, and when I came back, the window had vanished. Presumably, IE crashed or she closed it by accident. If she closed it on purpose...

:mad:

I'm out of time, so no update. Sorry. :(

Chapter 45: The Mayan Blitz

The term "Blitzkrieg" or "The Blitz" was used to describe super-fast military advances that ended with the capture of several cities in one year. The current record was the 5-city Blitz at the beginning of World War II in which Rome gained control of the Old World Dutch cities. That record was soon to be broken by an 8-city blitz against the Maya.

The Maya continue to gain on China, and captured the cities of Kaifeng and Rotterdam in 1999. The Chinese are now lacking in a source of Coal. If they don't turn things around soon, they're dead- especially considering the Maya are getting uncomfortably close to Beijing.

New Millenium Celebrations raged throughout the world on December 31st, 1999-January 1st, 2000. The people turned lights off to watch fireworks shows, which they greatly enjoyed. And a newly created series of Radio Antennaes designed to search the Cosmos for Alien Radio Signals, called SETI Program, appreciated it too, as they had much less light interference to deal with.

In the ex-Netherlands, the ruins of Groningen and Holwerd/Uaxactun/Cuello left large empty spaces with regards to territory. Those spaces have now been filled in by two new Roman cities, Gordion and Agrippina:

Agrippina's building has added Incense to the Roman territory. All 8 luxury resources are now in Roman hands, although Dyes, Gems, and Silks are imported. But Caeser has a plan to get them in his own territory. It involves entering the Maya-China war, on China's side.

The deal Caeser had with Smoke-Jaguar for Dyes was due to expire in 2001, but he decided to wait until 2003 to attack. For one thing, the close Dyes city, Eindhoven, would be destroyed in fighting now, as proven through a cheap investigation, but not destroyed in 2003:

And besides, reinforcements were expected to arrive in 2003. So it was postponed.

Sure enough, the deal with the Maya expired. But, China got Uranium, and thus, the Gems deal was cancelled, too. Without either luxury, The Empire is in small chaos. Caeser needs these back! He can't wait until 2003.

But, more alarming then the loss of luxuries was something that happened in late 2001 in Cumae. 1 day, workers had quite a bit of work done on a nuclear missile. The next day, the missile had been removed of nuclear components and destroyed. Caeser believes a spy to be responsible. If only he had a way of catching it, and if only Roman spies were that sucessful (seriously, my spies have the worst luck ever usually). But who's spy is it? Caeser is more suspicious of Smoke-Jaguar, but it could be Mao.

Finally, In 2003, Caeser contacted Mao and created an alliance against the evil Mayans.

Immediately, Roman Bombers attacked Eindhoven. The one TOW unit defending was annhilated, and Modern Armor simply drove into the city. They also killed some TOW's outside the city that were defending a Radar Tower.

Caeser almost forgot to send a spy to Chichen Itza. But, he remembered shortly after Eindhoven's capture. Unfortunately, he was killed.

Now that Eindhoven had fallen, it was time to target the remaining Mayan cities in the Netherlands: Kaifeng, Rotterdam, Haarlem, and Middelburg. Somewhere, a Paratrooper unit destroyed some Mayan Tanks.

Rotterdam was first. Modern Armor defeated the TOW Infantry defenders, but only barely, and were unable to defeat some Tanks. But more Modern Armor dealt with those Tanks, and Rotterdam fell.

The third city was Kaifeng. It was defended by one unit of Infantry. Modern Armor came to town, and the town is now Roman.

Bombing was now set loose against Middelburg and Haarlem, and 2 TOW units are dead. Paratroopers now took out a Radar Tower and the defending Infantry near the more Southern city of Palenque.

Back at Middelburg and Haarlem, 2 more now undefended Radar Towers were obliterated by Paratroopers.

As for the cities themsleves, they were only defended by Infantry. A Modern Armor unit attacked the Infantry defending Haarlem- and were destroyed. A second Modern Armor unit dealt with those Infantry, but destroyed by a second unit. Finally, a Mechanized Infantry unit put an end to the nonsense.

At Middelburg, a Modern Armor unit attacked the defending Infantry, did considerable damage- then retreated, coming back to kill the Guerrilla defenders.

Claudius' Army was the last to attack, taking out the Infantry and capturing the city. A Mayan Galleon has been destroyed ( :lol: ).

The Army then used the Chinese railroads to attack Infantry defending a Radar Tower near Ashur. They won. Good-Bye, Radar Tower.

The 9th Army now advanced on Aden. On the way there, they destroyed a Radar Tower and the Defending Infantry unit. In Aden itself, the Roman Army faced it's first real challenge: More than 1 TOW unit. But the 9th army killed one of them, and Trajan's Army killed the other. Aden became the 6th city to be captured by Rome in 2003.

Farther North, Medina, the Tug-of-War city, was held by a single Mayan TOW Infantry unit. Unfortunately, that was nowhere near enough to stop Octavian's Army.

Unfortunately, the Maya have a large army apparently headed to attack Mecca, but nothing will stop them from turning back around and attacking Medina. One of these Tank units was killed by Octavian's Army, but several more still remain.

Uruk was the 8th and final city to be captured by the Roman Empire in 2003, although they tried for Ashur. First, it was Bombarded, and Marines dealt with the two Radar Towers outside the city. And inside the city, all Infantry were greatly wounded.

The 3 defending Infantry could not stand up to Roman Marines, although they did manage to defeat one attacking unit. Uruk easily fell.

And Ashur was now in Bombing range for the one leftover bomber. It had no effect whatsover. Neither did the Modern Armor who attacked and were annhilated soon after.

But, even though Ashur, and the Silks nearby, are not yet in Roman hands, they likely will be soon, and thanks to Blitz, China has regained their lead in both cities and Land Area. The Mayan Empire's clock is ticking.

Last edited:
Apologies for the lack of updates. Every time I think I have time to write it, one of the following happens:

A. The Computer fails.
B. Something happens in forum games that requires my attention for long enough to take up all my time.
C. Most commonly, MY MOM ALWAYS NEEDS THE COMPUTER.

And now, even my brother wants turns due to our laptop not working and currently being fixed. It was supposed to be fixed 2 days ago.

All of these combined, it ends up with the same result: Whenever I have nothing else to do, and the computer is mine, it is too late for me to write a complete update. I have time now, I think, though.

In any case, you're going to start seeing me write partial updates again, probably, and finishing those updates at a later time via edits.

Chapter 46: Slowly Advancing

Although the Roman Armies are definately moving forward in the war against the Maya, they are doing it pretty damn slowly. Caeser wishes they would move faster. He also thinks that Smoke-Jaguar is pretty damn lucky he doesn't have any long-range nukes yet...

Near Palenque, Mayan Tanks were the last thing a few Roman Paratroopers and Chinese Infantry ever saw.

In November of 2003, The world's best game came out, it is called Civilization 3: Conquests. Woohoo.

Soon after, a few Mayan troops intruded into what was once the Netherlands. Thanks to Roman Bombers, they were dead in 2004.

Those bombers also took care of a Radar Tower Near Palenque.

Farther South, Bombers dropped god knows how many bombs on the city of Ashur. 1 unit of TOW Infantry and 1 unit of Non-TOW Infantry have been obliterated.

Claudius' Army then came to town, wiped out the remaining TOW's, Tanks, and Infantry in the city, and captured it. The Roman Empire now has Silks. Woo-hoo!

Despite the fact that two Radar Towers near Palenque had already been destroyed, one still remained. This third Radar Tower was burned by Roman Paratroopers. Nearby, 2 Mayan Tanks Lurked, and were thus destroyed by Modern Armor.

Farther North, Near Medina, there were Several Mayan Soldiers. So, Octavian's Army crushed a unit of TOW Infantry and another of Tanks there.

Back in the Babylonian Front, the city of Anyang was bombarded. A bit to the south of it, a Modern Armor unit took out an Infantry unit and a Radar Tower, then charged into the city itself only to be forced to retreat. A new unit of Modern Armor defeated the TOW Infantry that had forced the first Armor to retreat, only to then be defeated by more TOW's. More Modern Armor then finished off these TOW Infantry, as well as some Tanks in the city, and Anyang was Roman.

4 of the Roman Armies now attacked Mayan Radar Towers, and 4 were destroyed: One near Babylon, One near Calakmul, One near Baghdad, One near Piedras Negras. 4 Mayan Infantry units are now dead as well.

Everywhere, Chinese and Mayan Soldiers are locked in Battle.

At Anyang, the Maya Counter-Attacked, losing 1 Tank unit but defeating the 2 Modern Armor units in the city. Well, the Roman occupation of Anyang was brief.

In Better news, the Paratroopers and Modern Armor Near Palenque were the death of 2 Mayan Tank units, and Mechanized Infantry in Aden easily defeated attacking Mayan Tanks.

Baghdad was the first target of the Roman Army in 2005. Trajan's Army and the 9th Army attacked the city, which has fallen. Scratch 3 Mayan TOW units and a Mayan Tank unit.

The Mayans didn't bother to do much to garrison Anyang, and when Claudius' Army attacked, the Defending Tanks and Infantry put up some fight, but not much. The city has been completely destroyed due to constant fighting.

Mayans and Chinese continue to kill each other in Babylon and Arabia.

Remember the Invincible (lol) paratrooper? Well, it was beaten by 2 Mayan Tanks.

Even worse, the Mayan Tanks had a fortune reversing that of the previous year in Aden. Which, By the way, is Mayan once again.

However, in 2006, there was finally good news. A Roman Intellegence Agent, Agent Darkness, has successfully Infiltrated Chichen Itza, Capital of the Mayan Empire.

In the Netherlands, 6 Mayan Tank units and a Mayan Infantry unit were bombed to death. 1 more Bomber then attacked Aden and was Intercepted by Mayan Jet Fighters in Khurasan. Speaking of Khurasan, Titus' Army destroyed a Guerrilla unit and a Radar Tower Nearby.

Back in Aden, Octavius' Army and Trajan's Army defeated 2 Tank units. The city was destroyed, and another city will be built nearby, free of Mayan culture, and also creating a Canal from the Gulf of Aden to Hangchow Lake.

Agent Darkness had just recieved orders. He was to Infiltrate the Mayan Intellegnce Agency for Information on the Mayan Spy in Rome. This was rather easy- he just "borrowed" The uniform of a high-level government officer. He found a computer in the center of the Agency that had the jackpot on details about the Mayan spy. It told who he was, where he was hiding, past atrocities commited, and what he was ordered to do next, among other things. All of this data was sent to the Intellegence Agency in Rome. Agent Darkness then proceeded to get the hell out of there.

The Intellegence Agency was greatful that Darkness had given them this info, and thus gave him the honor of leading the team sent to kill the Mayan Spy, Agent Stormy Sky.

In a subway station, Stormy Sky was waiting for a train due to arrive soon. He was on a mission, a mission, like which, the sabotage of Cumae's production, was critical to defeating Rome. He moved his head to look at his watch- luckily, out of the way of a bullet fired at him. A voice nearby said, "Hello, Mayan Spy."

It was Agent Darkness, who had brought several armed men with him. Little did they know just how dangerous Stormy Sky was. He pulled a small device, seemingly out of nowhere, which had a button. Which, he pressed, activating a bomb, which killed the team Agent Darkness had sent, although Darkness had jumped away, realizing Stormy Sky's plan. They proceeded to fire several shots at each other, constantly missing. Without any weapons, it became a hand-to-hand fight, both spies trying to throw the other into the path of an oncoming subway. It seemed, for a second, that Stormy Sky had successfully done this, only to see Agent Darkness jump of the top of the train and throw a metal pole at him, which hit him hard. He realized just how much danger he was in and ran away, up to the streets.

He was chased by Agent Darkness and several Roman Police Offiers through the city. Unfortunately for him, he was led into a trap. He just couldn't fight off an entire city, and a few shots from Agent Darkness's Pistol was the end of his life.

Goodbye, Mayan Spy. One of Caeser's worries is over.

Battles continue to rage between Mayan and Chinese forces. Still, nothing important has happened. However, in the Maya-Roman fight, Mayan Tanks have killed some Paratroopers, and captured the Artillery they were defending.

Construction on Cyrene, the Canal city intended to Replace Aden but be slighty farther Northwest, was finished in April of 2007.

Also in April, on the 28th to be exact, Caeser has started a game of glorious C3C as the Romans (April 28th, 2007 is the day I started this story)...

In Khurasan, an Air battle took place, in which both sides lost a Jet fighter.

4 TOW Infantry units and one Tank unit defended Khurasan, and put up quite a resistance, but were ultimately defeated by Titus, Octavian, and the 9th Army.

Babylon now felt the wrath of Roman Bombers, and 1 Mayan TOW Infantry unit has bitten the dust. Claudius Army killed the remaining 2 Normal Infantry units, and the once capital of the Babylonian Empire had fallen. Nearby, Marines killed a Mayan Tank unit and a Mayan Infantry unit.

Akkad was the next target. After Bombardment, Modern Armor simply cleaned up the remaining Infantry and TOW's. It was a walk in the park. Literally.

Zariqum was the final target of Rome in 2007. The 12th Army destroyed a nearby Radar Tower, as well as the defending Infantry, then did the same to Infantry and Tanks defending the city. The 11th Army then finished off the TOW Infantry defending the city. They also killed more TOW's near Akkad soon after.

One last thing happened: On September 24, 2007, after days of nothingness, a Roman Battleship on the Mayan coastline spotted an Ancient, Barbarian Galley.

Caeser is amused. He thought the barbarians were all wiped out in the early middle ages. Apparently, he was mistaken. They have must have spawned in the void in the Babylonian Mountains, which had never been owned. And yet, the name "Chinook" seems strangely familiar...

...Oh well. The War is of more concern.

Last edited:
*Echajinian Empire dies* Any more questions? :p

Finally got back to reading this story (read the first few chapters months ago), and it's good. I just finished Part 20, where the Byzantines are at war with you. I'm guessing you'll win that war, or at least survive it, given the 25 parts after part 20. Within a few days I ought to be caught up.

Yeah, pretty much. Now go write more updates for CotW!

Chapter 47: Madness? THIS... IS...

There were things that made Caeser mad. But there are a few things that make him absolutely furious. A few examples are to follow.

Pacal, a member of the 12th Mayan Tank unit, was piloting his Tank through the Baghdad Plains. His mission was to discover what was defending Baghdad, then tell the rest of his unit to determine whether they would attack or not. He got up on a high area and looked at the defenses of Baghdad. He was please by what he saw. This "battle" would be easy. He turned around and told the unit's commander, who laughed. He immediately ordered the Unit to head to the city and make it Mayan.

As the Mayan Tanks advanced forward, the amount of Roman Resistance they had encountered was... zero. The Roman Army had forgotten to defend the city. ( :wallbash: )

The General in charge of the War's Northern Front mysteriously died 3 days later. His body disappeared, so that's what makes it mysterious.

In a more funny moment, the Chinook Galleys "ambushed" the Roman Battleship that had discovered them, the RS Oops. A bunch of chunks of wood were later found at the bottom of the sea in that area. Battleship Guns>Arrows.

In 2008, Octavian and the 9th Army worked together to recapture Baghdad and sent the 12th Mayan Tank unit, plus some TOW Infantry, to the underworld.

The New General of the Northern Front made absolutely sure to keep Baghdad defended.

In the Southern Front, the city of Ellipi was attacked by the 12th Army. 3 Mayan TOW's and an Infantry unit? Gone. So is a Radar Tower. Some Modern Armor finished the job by taking out Mayan Tanks in the city.

The earlier mentioned Modern Armor proceeded to enslave some Mayan Workers, one group of which was Chinese.

During Bombing, one more Roman Jet Fighter has been shot down, but twice as many Mayan units- Infantry and Tanks- have died. 2 Radar Towers are now rubble, as well.

Palenque was now attacked. It was first Bombarded by Artillery and Cruise Missiles, and the Field Commander is happy to report the destruction of a Mayan Jet Fighter. He was happier when Trajan's Army and the 11th Army killed the 4 units of TOW Infantry that defended the city, and the first Mayan-built city fell (The rest I've captured so far were built by either China, Holland, Babylon, or Arabia). An Artillery was also Captured.

The Armies of Maya and China continue to fight throughout the New World.

Mayan Tanks also attacked Roman territory, being annhilated by the defenders of Medina and Khurasan. They succeded in defeating Modern Armor near Ellipi, though.

January, 2009. The Scientists of Rome had finally figured out how to make Power from Nuclear Fission.

In early 2009, The target of the Roman Bombers was Calakmul, as a part of Operation: Pincer, an attack on Palenque and Calakmul, that, after their captures, would lead to a pincer attack on The Mayan Capital of Chichen Itza. They were largely successful, and Octavian's Army and the 11th Army were able to defeat the TOW Infantry defending the city with ease. Palenque has fallen, and some Mayan Artillery are now Roman Artillery.

Quirigua was the next target of the Roman Army. First, Claudius and his army destroyed a nearby Radar Tower, and then the city was bombed. Unfortunately, the army is short on troops to attack the city with.

Mechanized Infantry in Khurasan enjoy destroying attacking Mayan Tanks. It is simply too easy.

UN Elections were scheduled to be held again in 2010, but continue to be delayed, as no one can win. (Even if I held elections, China would be my opponent- we'd have a vote for me, a vote for China, and an abstinence)

Another Radar Tower and a unit of Infantry a bit farther away from Quirigua have been laid to waste by Claudius' Army, which is now a bit damaged.

During Bombing, 1 Roman Bomber was shot down, although so was one Mayan Fighter.

Modern Armor not in Armies attacked Quirigua now. 4 TOW units and a Tank unit were destroyed at the cost of two Modern Armor units, and the city fell to the 3rd unit to attack the city. Quirigua was destroyed due to Rome's lack and need of workers in the area, and due to their complete incapability of pronouncing or spelling the name.

Slightly to the West, Eulbar came under Roman bombardment, followed by a Modern Armor attack which failed. Luckily, the 9th and 12th Armies were more successful against the TOW Infantry and Tanks defending the city. Caeser wonders why the Maya put Tanks and Artillery in defensive positions when they are far more useful attacking.

Outside the city, Mayan Infantry were slaughtered by Modern Armor.

In the Babylonian Mountains, a Large Mountain Range at the Southeast of the New World that held gems, a sad, sad, sad, and weird, weird, weird thing has happened. The Mayans had a Gems Colony down there, defended by Middle-Ages Musketmen. So, you would think that Modern Armor, which are considerably stronger, would be able to beat them, right? Wrong. Modern Armor attacked those Musketmen, and yet, somehow, they lost. The Commander in charge of the unit escaped the battle, but later met the same fate as the Northern Front General who left Baghdad undefended.

Anyway, those Muskets were destroyed by Roman Modern Armor soon after, as was the colony. A new colony will soon be built by Roman Slaves.

But, back to the REAL Action, Trajan's Army was responsible for the destruction of a Mayan Radar Tower near Chichen Itza soon after the Colony Incident.

At Piedras Negras, Chinese TOW Infantry, after years of trying, finally captured the city. This is China's first gain in the war since Rome joined it.

An envoy of Smoke-Jaguar asked Caeser for an audience not long after. One can only imagine what happened to him...

Mayan Tanks soon made Caeser regret this a bit. 2 units of Marines have been killed and a bunch of Artillery has been captured. This was not a big deal, as they were only Marines, and the Maya idiotically left all but one of the Artillery undefended, and all were recaptured the next year, including the one that was defended, although that required the 9th Army to "show them reason." But worse news was soon to follow. A bit to the South of Samarra, Mayan Tanks attacked the weakened Army of Claudius...

...And they won. Claudius was captured and sacrificed to the Mayan Gods. Caeser is not pleased, and Smoke-Jaguar will pay for this. Caeser desperately wants to drop a nuclear missile or two on Chichen Itza, but he was persuaded otherwise when the war council- a group made of Rome's (Living- Claudius and Anthony are, quite obviously, not included in this) Great Leaders (For those who want to know, this consists of Hadrian, Germanicus, Maximus, Octavius, Titus, and Trajan)- convinced him otherwise, when they pointed out that Roman troops would have to leave the fallout zone, sacrificing time, and it really wasn't worth it. He can launch the nukes in due time.

Caeser decided his revenge for Claudius' death could be taken out on some Mayan city. The battle of Bonampak started out (after bombardment, of course) with a Modern Armor unit attacking and being forced to retreat. 3 units of TOW Infantry now felt the wrath of the 12th Army. Another two attacking Modern Armor units met destrction. Finally, the 9th Army and Octavian's Army killed the remaining defenders- TOW Infantry and Tanks- and ended the battle. Bonampak was destroyed. That's what the Mayans get for sacrificing Claudius!

To the West, In Chichen Itza, the city quickly learned what the true meaning of Vengeance was. A Huge number of troops defend the city, and they fought valiantly, and even managed to keep the city out of Roman hands. But 6 units of TOW Infantry and 2 of normal Infantry were brutally killed by the coordinated efforts of the armies of Titus, Trajan, and whoever leads the 11th Army.

Unfortunately, the 11th Army, which was weak to begin with, and Titus' Army, which has older Tanks, are now damaged badly and vulnerable. As shown by Agent Darkness' Report below, The Mayans have 5 units of Tanks which are quite capable of destroying these 2 armies. The citizens of Chichen Itza had better have protection against nuclear strike if they choose to do this.

EDIT: And here is Agent Darkness' Report. I have also added in the forgotten part about me researching Nuclear Power, or as George W. Bush would say, Nukular Power.

Last edited:
Well, after 12 days I can finally write an update. w00t.

Now, short preview:
-Nuke launched even though my armies stayed a live, :mwaha:
-Maya down to 2 cities!
-I decided to avoid the anti-climactic Domination Victory. I'm going to conquer the world, so there's going to be plenty of razing as I am very close to the limit due to massive culture expansions in the 2011-2012 IBT.

Chapter 48: Scorched (and Nuked) Earth

Caeser worried for his armies in 2011. But the worries were not needed, as the Mayan Tanks were occupied elsewhere.

Some of them destroyed an undefended Gems Colony. Caeser can't help but wonder why it was undefended.

Elsewhere, some artillery were captured by Mayan Tanks who killed the defending Marines.

January, 2012. The Roman Armies outside the city of Chichen Itza noticed many fresh defenders in Chichen Itza. This would take forever, and result in many deaths. The armies couldn't just endlessly batter Chichen Itza. And they had no Bomber or Artillery support. There was but one solution, though:

Use a nuke on the city.

The War council debated the issue for a while, but it soon came to a decision. They would use the nuke. It was the only way, or this battle would last for Jupiter (I'm referring to the Roman God) knows how long.

The Roman troops were moved out of the fallout zone. Everything was prepared. The Nuclear Missile was sent to a launch zone in Palenque. With slight hesitation, a button was pressed and it was launched.

A couple of hours later, it fell in Chichen Itza. A tremendous explosion followed. Roman troops could see it from far away, and they say it was almost as bright as the sun, and it made a noise and created heat great enough for the effects to be felt by them, if only very slightly. They also say it looked something like this:

The effects on Chichen Itza were devastating. Half of the population was killed, and the Infrastructure was devastated. The Pyramids, The Temple of Artemis, JS Bach's Cathedral, and the Manhattan Project Monument were unscathed, strangely. The military defending the city was reduced to near zero. All that was left was killed soon after by Trajan's Army and the 12th Army. Chichen Itza is now occupied by Roman forces. The wonders make it worth keeping.

Somewhat unfortunately, Smoke-Jaguar survived. Someone had warned him and the Mayan government, which had relocated to Kaminaljuyu in the north. On the bright side, Agent Darkness got there a long time before they did, and is still completely undetected.

Elsewhere, an almost-dead Tank unit was killed by TOW Infantry.

One thing Caeser has noticed over the past couple of years is how poor his defense is. From now on, the Roman Army will destroy cities it doesn't have the resources to defend. They even abandoned Eulbar, as their defensive forces are stretched thin already.

Somewhere nearby, Infantry defending a Radar Tower killed some attacking Marines.

Near the Mayan city of Samarra, on the East coast, a Radar Tower defended by Tanks was destroyed by Roman Marines. The city itself was then bombarded, and a Mayan fighter that attempted to intercept a Jet Fighter was destroyed in a nearby bombing mission which destroyed a Radar Tower.

In the city itself, 5 units of Marines charged in. 2 left, and 3 were killed. 2 Mayan TOW Infantry units were killed. At this point, the 7th army went in and killed the remaining defenders, some TOW Infantry and Tanks.

Back at the Radar Tower that was earlier not destroyed by Marines, Mechanized Infantry finished the job.

At Maastricht, reinforcements arrived in the form of several armies and artillery. Those were put right to work, and Hadrian's Army destroyed 2 Radar Towers near Lazapa, Germanicus' Army destroyed another near Copan, The 8th army destroyed a 4th near Kaminaljuyu, and a final one near Mansura was destroyed by the 5th Army. 4 Mayan units of Infantry and another of Tanks have been killed.

Speaking of Tanks, in October, Mayan Tanks attacked a unit of Paratroopers near Lazapa that was defending some Artillery. It seemed hopeless, but the Paratroopers held out and defeated 1, 2, 3 units of Mayan Tanks! :spear: Whoever makes that armor doesn't make it very well.

Or, maybe not, as Marines near the ruins of Samara were easily killed by Mayan Tanks. Farther south, Marines defending Babylon were defeated by more Mayan Tanks, and the city was captured! Perhaps it was the Paratroopers, and not the Tanks, back in October.

The Mayans didn't get to hold it for very long, though. Modern Armor attacked the city on April Fools Day in 2013. Sorry, but Pranks aren't going to stop Modern Armor from massacring Tanks.

Near the ruins of Samara, a heavily injured Tank unit was defeated by TOW Infantry.

(At some point, BTW, the Gems Colony was rebuilt)

Near Lagartero, Hadrian's Army destroyed a Radar Tower, and another near Yaxchilan was destroyed by Germanicus' Army. The Maya have no more Radar Towers, or any more Regular Infantry, for that matter.

Speaking of Yaxchilan, it was soon after bombarded and attacked. The 4 TOW Infantry in the city were killed by Modern Armor and the 9th Army.

Kaminaljuyu, the Mayan capital in the north, was the next target. It was heavily bombed, and 1 Mayan Fighter and 2 TOW Infantry units were destroyed. The 8th Army and Octavian's Army then attacked the city, and 3 more TOW units died. And yet the city still stands.

Farther East, Lagartero was bombarded, and a Jet fighter was blasted out of the sky.

Caeser noticed that he had a deal with China in which he gave some stuff and got Silks, which Rome already had, in Ashur. So he cancelled the deal. Rome is completely independent of Foriegn Luxuries.

The city of Mansura on the East coast was captured by China in October, their first advance in a while. They also built the city of Ningpo in the void that was once the Mayan core.

Somewhere, Mayan TOW Infantry fought a battle with Roman TOW Infantry. The Romans won.

Kaminaljuyu was a tough nut to crack, but by May, 2014, the remaining 4 TOW Infantry units in the city had been killed by The 5th Army, the 8th Army, and Octavian's Army.

The Mayan Government set up a new capital in Copan, their one city in the south seperated from their 3 Northern cities of Lazapa, Lagartero, and Shurrupak.

Wait, did I say 3? Sorry, I meant 1, as Lazapa and Lagartero didn't last much longer. Lazapa was bombed and both sides lost a Jet fighter, and then the 5 TOW Infantry units defending the city were killed by the 9th Army and 2 Modern Armor units.

As for Lagartero, it was next, and after being Bombarded from the sea, 3 armies attacked. The 11th Army killed a unit of TOW Infantry, and Hadrian's Army retreated. The 7th army, attacking from the sea, defeated 2 TOW Infantry units, and 2 units of Marines killed the remaining 2 in the city. Good-bye, Lagartero.

The final attack of 2014 was made near Copan, on a unit of TOW Infantry. It remained undefeated when faced by Roman TOW Infantry and Paratroopers, but they were killed by Germanicus' Army.

The world still feels the aftershock of the nuke. Caeser wonders if it is wise to launch any more in the near future. But he realizes, yeah, it sure is.

Last edited:
Made it through another section. Good story. I'm now just after the Downfall of America, and seeing that the world was at peace figured it was a good time to end the reading for the night. I especially like the lines,

Part 26 said:
The Roman Frigate RS Starling had been bombarding the rail lines near St. Louis and Seattle for a while now, without much sucess. And it would soon have nil sucess, as a sunken ship can't do much. It was sunk by the American Frigate USS Discovery.

and

Part 27 said:
But now, the Battle of Seattle (Hey, it rhymes!) began.

Oh, and I've no problem with your stealing...erm, borrowing, of my IBT methodology. Too bad it doesn't work after 1950, though perhaps you'll have finished your conquest by then? I'll have to see...

Yeah, it's 2018 now.

Also, you can try doing April-September 1950 and October 1950-March 1951, or some other half-year scheme like that.

Warning: Super-short update soon to follow.

The purpose of this update is to leave a cliffhanger, and to not have an update where I'm fighting Maya in the first part and China and the second part.

Chapter 49: The Beginning of the End

The Roman Empire's World Conquest is almost over. Only the Maya and Chinese remain, and they will be dealt with sooner or later. For the Maya, it's sooner.

In April, 2015, the Artillery stationed near Copan fired endless shots at the terrain outside, destroying mines, railroads, normal roads, and farms. The southern Copan Grasslands are now quite devoid of terrain improvements, and the Maya lost their Dyes.

The Previous Winter, Mayan TOW Infantry positioned themselves on a hill outside Ashur. The city was undefended at the present, so something would have to be done about that. Something was: Modern Armor saw to it that the TOW's were taken care of.

Farther to the North, Shurrupak, one of the two remaining Mayan cities, was heavily bombarded. The entire Mayan Navy of 1 destroyer was sunk. Marines and the 7th army then charged into the city, killing all the remaining TOW Infantry, and destroying all that was left of the city.

Copan was all that was left. 5 units of Mayan TOW Infantry, under the command of Smoke-Jaguar himself, did whatever they could to make a last stand here. At Dawn on October 17, 2015, the 11th Army and the army commanded by General Titus marched... er... drove... into the city. Unfortunately for Copan, the TOW Infantry were simply no match for the Romans' good leadership and state-of-the-art Tanks. One by one, they all died. Smoke-Jaguar Died. General Eighteen Rabbit, the Mayan Military Advisor, died. Copan died. And the Mayan Empire, long-lived, and once prosperous, died. Nice knowing them. What was once the Mayan Empire was a wasteland of scorched Earth. It will be rebuilt in time, as promised by Caeser. Of course, he means after that grin is wiped off Mao's stinking face, and China is wiped off the face of the Earth.

Of course, with the Mayans gone, there was no longer a reason for Roman troops to be in Chinese territory, which some now were. Mao demanded they leave a few days after the Battle of Copan.

"Of course," said Caeser. For now, he thought to himself. As soon as the Roman Army is healed and fully ready, the Chinese empire will die.

But it would get slightly bigger before it died, as it built the city of Paoting, near the rubble that was once the prosperous Mayan city of Kaminaljuyu.

In January of 2018, the Roman scientists had an important discovery. They had minimized Computer chips more and more in recent years, until they had made one so small that it could lie on someone's fingertip. Strangely, Chinese scientists had discovered the same thing one year earlier.

But now was a time for celebration. The Roman Army was ready to strike. First, A spy known only as Agent 742 was sent to Beijing. The next day, his skeleton appeared in a box sent to Caeser, along with a card saying "Love, Mao."

Darn you, Mao! Caeser thought. Don't you know I want War, not Love? So that's exactly what he got.

Roman Soldiers would soon turn the Chinese Empire into dust. This was the beginning of the end.

Last edited:
Up to part 37...I must say the storytelling has improved from the beginning to the Part 30 section. Guess that's what three months of writing does. "Invincible" has been overused in sections 20-36 - an awful lot of invincible things having proven vincible (is that a word) - but otherwise sections 21-36, and especially 33-36, are much better than 1-20.

Choxorn said:
Unfortunately, the few that did were accidentally starved to death (I was trying to starve the Egyptians, and the Russian citizen died instead- I hate it when that happens)

Oops! The Russians were probably so glad to not be under the Egyptians anymore, and then you accidently starve them! How unfortunate!

Modern Age war is interesting so far. You're just about at the same point technologically that I was, though the rest of the world is slightly better off in your story. The Egyptians can't be happy. You destroyed the Sistine Chapel...that means you are beasts, and must be dealt with harshly! Or that's what the Egyptian Military Advisor will say, at least.

An admirable effort to take on both Egypt and the Dutch at once, as well. The Dutch ships got the better of you, but it looks like that won't stop you from getting the necessary troops to Africa to conquer Egypt. The the disasterous transport attack may hinder that.

Yeah, I know. It's just annoying to have Ancient troops defeat my Tanks. Much later on, you'll see an occasion of a Modern Armor losing to a Musket. True, it was fortified and on a mountain, but still.

Top Bottom