The terrain-unwise Romans

@Quint: It wasn't obvious I just said that in response to what BobV2 said?

Okay, Update now being written. Those screenshots shall be in a post after that.

So double posts are allowed here? I'm not being sarcastic. I'm seriously not sure.

EDIT: So whats the next chapter gunna be like?

Modern armor units beat TOW infantry in last city 1

*screenshot*

Modern armor units beat TOW infantry in last city 2

*screenshot*

*some closing story*

Chapter 54: And Here It Ends...

It had finally happened. In 2026, 6,000 years or so after the founding of Rome, The Roman Empire had finally conquered the world.

Early in 2026, something largely unimportant happened: The Roman Science Department had developed a device called a "Satellite", which would orbit the Earth and do all sorts of things.

The first thing attempted to be done with it was take pictures of each and every part of the Earth, to create the most accurate map ever, mapping every detail possible. That was a task that was completed soon after. The Map has not yet been finished yet to be publicly owned, as some tweaks still have to be done.

But, anyway, as for what really should be known: The Battle of Tatung. It was defended by a rallied garrison of 2 Normal Infantry and 1 TOW Infantry. The 13th army was unafraid and confident, so they marched into the city and opened fire. It was a bloody battle. The 13th army took a fair amount of losses themselves, but not letting the Chinese get the better of them. The Chinese did all they could to protect their final city, but in the end, they simply could not defeat the Romans. Tatung fell, Mao was finally killed, and the world was conquered.

Sort of. There were still barbarians, but they were quickly dealt with: The Minoans, in the Babylonian Mountains, were killed by Marines and the 7th army, and the Phrygians, in Eastern Arabia, or what was Eastern Arabia, were killed by Modern Armor. Much of the Roman Army then went to work scouring the world for more barbarians, but could find none. The Roman World Conquest was Complete.

In celebration, on New Year's Day in 2027, Roman Scientists unveiled a project they had long been working on in Veii: a network of inter-connected computers to allow communication between people all over Rome's vast, world-spanning empire.

So ends the story of the Roman Empire, from small beginnings to rulers of the world in the end.

Last edited:
Time to make Terrain-Unwise romans 1 1/2.
Chox: No.
Us: :trouble:
Chox: +6000:culture: for me!!!
Us: But -50000000000:gold::food: For you and +999999999999:hammers: in your head. :)
Chox: :(

EDIT: DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice conquest, Chox... Your play style is practically the opposite of mine: I never start wars, but I HAVE won by domination a few times (I may not start wars, but by gum, I END them!!)

Thought you might have been foreshadowing...though I should've realized China didn't have Integrated Defense. Always good to make sure the AI don't get that.

---

Nice finish. 'Gratz on the victory again.

Thanks to all for the compliments. I would post the earlier mentioned screenies now, but I'm tired. I'll post them tommorow morning. :p

Ill recommend this to the index of stories.

EDIT: This also qualifies for the legendary stories page.

And now, for those pics, sorry for massive delays. Oh, and a part of the summary replay pics wouldn't upload to ImageShack (I hate it sometimes...), so some of them are unseeable.

Here is the World Map, Spoilered due to size.

Spoiler :

Here's a pic of my victory, also saying how long it took. I know that a few of those 126ish hours were probably me taking pics. :rolleyes:

Here's the screen where the AI says stuff, and my crappy editing to make it look like all 7 of them are saying something at the same time. :p

Here is, just for the heck of it, the final Victory Status Screen and Demographics. I was planning on including the Histographs, but forgot. :mad:

Here is a few pics from the Summary Replay. It is all one pic (Well, actually, it's 3 divided pics to get around ImageShack's Resizer FUTURE EDIT: It's one pic now!), but I have made reference to them below as if they were not to make it easier. I've also put it in spoiler tags because I also have some half-pointless notes on all of the pics, and some might not want to read them. (Or maybe the pic either :rolleyes:) Also, the Pic is quite big.

Spoiler :

First Pic- 1625 BC. Apparently, The Mayans and Babylonians had a really early war for Tikal to have been destroyed as early as it was. It's also interesting to notice that the Mayans got a GA Before they built the Pyramids, meaning they got the GA from a Javelin Thrower Victory. For that matter, everyone who got a GA (America, Russia, and the Inca didn't get one) got it from a UU victory.

The third Pic, of the world in 350 AD, shows the slow-down of the expansion phase. It's also the turn before the Maya start gaining cities from Babylon and Arabia as a result of war- they have 9 now, and get a 10th next turn, which is the Babylonian city of Eulbar. It was probably due to a culture flip, or the Mayans and Babylon fought a 100-turn war (Or maybe 2 different wars, but the culture flip still seems more likely). Arabia and Carthage are the biggest at this point, with 18 cities.

4th Pic- 460 AD, which appears to be near the beginning of a war between Maya and Arabia. Just as I had thought when I first saw the Other continent, in this war, the Maya capture Khurasan, Aden, and Baghdad, and destroy Fez and Fustat, building Kaminaljuyu and Piedras Negras in their place. The war ends in the 12th or 13th century, I would guess. Also, the same year, the Babylonian city of Nineveh is destroyed, and in the 5th shot, Zariqum is built in it's place. I think that Nineveh was destroyed by a volcano, but I'm not sure.

6th Pic-830 AD, which appears to be the end of the expansion phase with the Arabs' building of Merw. All cities have been built, except those that were built in the place of destroyed cities, or those on Gades Island and Nicomedia Island. City totals: Rome: 13, America: 12, Inca: 11, Byzantines: 13, Egypt: 16, Carthage (The Biggest): 19, Arabia: 16 (soon to be 13), Maya: 12 (Soon to be 15) China: 10, Babylon: 10, and Netherlands: 13.

7th Pic- 1370 AD, in which Arabia builds the city of Balkh in place of the recently-destroyed Dutch city of Breda, which can be seen in earlier screenshots. This would appear to be the first signs of the New World War. I imagine that Arabia declared war on the Dutch with the aim of taking Breda, and possibly more, and then the Dutch allied China and Babylon against them.

8th Pic- 1410 AD, the year in which the two Continents had full contact (pretty much, at least) Coincidentally, Arabia enters a Golden Age the same year.

9th Pic- 1700 AD, about the time I left World War I. China, The Netherlands, and America tie for the biggest (each have 20 cities), followed slosely by me (19 cities), and Carthage (18, soon to be 19). Several of the civs just get weaker from this point on, some get stronger for a while before being conquered by me :D.

10th Pic- 1792 AD, Byzantines get a Golden Age- Meaning that I didn't trigger it in 18XX AD, and that was just Mobilization.

11th Pic- 1922 AD, Dyrrachim is captured, and I effectively have conquered my continent, with the exception of those Dutch, Carthaginian, and Chinese cities.

12th Pic- 1975 AD, My capture of Amsterdam, which ends World War II. The Maya-Chinese and Punic Wars begin shortly thereafter.

13th and 14th Pics: This shows the 2003 AD and 2004 AD Turns, in which the most changes on the map in a single turn happened. Well, actually, 2016-2017 takes the award for that, but only because I abandoned Middelburg and Haarlem.

15th Pic: The end of the game, showing my world Conquest. :D

Appropriately enough, History will remember me as Caeser the Conqueror! I would have preferred "Magnificent", but I guess I took too much time.

Last edited:
Hey - 41 tons of pollution - that's more than my Greek empire. Congrats! Though the Chicken Itza and Beijing nukes do give you a bit of an advantage.

@Quint: Also, I think my empire may be bigger than yours. :)

Also, I managed to get the bottom of the replay summary pic uploaded! Yay!

Well done Chox .. excellent story

Congratulations on world domination, you are now officially a better strategist than the real Caesar ;)

WTG, Caesar! And an Internet for the whole world--which is only you anyway. :D

BTW, there's a simple mathematical method of finding a city's actual statistical population. I don't know what variables are used in the actual program, but the the base population for any size (by citizen count) can be arrived at with:
p=10000[c(c+1)]/2
p=population; c=city size
Think 'triangular' numbers. 1, 3, 6, 10, 15, etc, and multiply by ten thousand.
At any given time it would be x/y on its way to the next level, where x is the number of food units in storage and y is the number required for growth. This varies of course with current size and whether there's a granary.
Thus, if you subtract population at next size from population at current size with zero food, multiply by x/y (how full your storage is), and add the result to population at current size with zero food, you will arrive at current population.
I don't remember whether starvation reduces the current population, so I don't know whether YMMV.

So what's next, Choxorn? Plans for a new story coming up? I'd love to see a story either having Germany last until the industrial ages as an AI or have it be the player, conquering the world.

Top Bottom