The plan

Spoiler :

- Rex, rex, rex
- Masonry, Oracle-path for MC Sling, Maths for Pyramids chop, CoL
- Library in Cuzco - 2 Scientists run while working cottages

Seems workable, ain't it?

The hard reality

Spoiler :

Aye, aye, aye, those emperor civs ain't the good ol' Prince (or even Monarch) AIs. Especially the Industrious ones.

Anyway, let's see it into more details.

T51
Writing - Masonry
I'm one of the less cultured :p (not an issue)

T52
Settler whipped for 2 pop

T53
I reminded myself to sign OB with everyone - never too early to get the positive diplo going

T54
Masonry - Maths
Going along the plan so far :D
Cuzco managed to get back to size 4, so I put it back on the Settler (invested some of the hammer overflow on Lib)

T55
I decide to switch to the Oracle path - Maths changed into Polytheism
Finally get my second city:

T60
First part of my masterplan falls apart - Oracle BIDL... Must have taken the MC - I can't see anyone founding Confu ;)
I drop the Priesthood route and get back to Maths.

T61
Another settler whipped

T62
Axe started in Cuzco - copper online since 2 or 3 turns

T64
Tiwanaku finishes the monument and starts an axe too

T66
Axe finishes in Cuzco and restarts the library

T68
Found this far away but very high potential city of Machu Pichu:

A pure beauty - still I will have to dispatch some defenders here soon... A warrior can be just a bit too few.

T70
Cuzco is back at pop 5 so I put it on the Settler

T71
Axe built in Tiwanaku - start a worker.

T74
Settler whipped - sorry Cuzco...

T77
Maths finished, I go for Fishing for the seafood near Tiwanaku

T79
Second worker finally appears in Tiwanaku - another axe starts.

T80
Another very nice city is online:

Fishing is discovered - research goes for Polytheism, Priesthood and finally CoL.

T81
Whip the axe in Tiwanaku with overflow in a work boat.

T83
Library finally finished in Cuzco. I start another worker.
Third worker of the Inca empire is ready in Machu - monument is started.

T85
Are we playing raging barbs ???

T86
A work boat is ready in Tiwanaku, I start a library.

T87
Pyramids BIDL :eek: :sad: - too early!!! How could I chop it efficiently enough ???

T88
Great Light BIDL... Industrious Emperor...
Hard times for the Inca folk.
Qin adopts Representation discovering himself as the Mids owner.

T90
Another settler is ready in Cuzco. At least this part of the plan goes well.

T92
The monument is ready in Machu. I start a scout to discover more of the neighbourhood by myself (not peeping into other's spoilers :blush:)

T93
Axes, axes - my main builds for the moment. Barbs are :crazyeye:
Qin fires his first GP for a GA :confused:
Bismy founds the Mahabodhi.

T94
I settle the FP/wine/gold spot on the coast - sorry, I lost the pic...
Whipping the library in Tiwanaku with overflow into a scouting WB.

IBT
My scout dies two turns after being built... :mad:

T95
Worker is ready in Ollay city (silver-cow-river one).

T97
Finally one part of the plan goes well:

I don't convert - no need to get nasty with my nice neighbours (especially with Bismy and his Buddha).

T98
Work (scout) boat done in Tiwanaku - starting the courthouse.

T99
Monument is ready in Ollay (chopped) - library.

T100
Qin's GA ended. I hope it was worth it :lol:

Sum-up & plans

Spoiler :

All in all, only the Rex part of the plan worked.
Here is the Inca empire as of 375 BC:

I have a healthy five cities - the plan is to hit a few more at each turning point : CS, FP, currency.

I missed my two-wonder-plan : Oracle went just too fast, as went the Mids. I learn the Emperor Industrious opponents the hard way :cry:

Still, nothing critical. I'm happy to have the CoL. Very soon (in 7 turns) a great scientist will be ready in Cuzco and will settle a nice Academy.
Gold and silver will raise my happy cap by a few figures (2 pre-forge, 2 more after ).

My plan for the next part is, once Alphabet is done :
- trade some techs (get IW especially, maybe Monarchy for Wine/HR)
- Aesthetics for trade and Litterature for the GLib in Cuzco
- Rex new cities - place a monument, a library and a courthouse everywhere while getting more and more cottages - one worker per city
- CS after Litterature
- fog-bust better and try to scout the dark side of the map.

@pigswill

Spoiler :

Either you are handpicking your city names or there is a Victoria or a Winston hiding in the shadows ;)

Pawelo
Spoiler :
If I was handpicking names I wouldn't be going for such dull ones. Maybe I'll change city names next round to illustrate the point ;)

Round 2 - Darius

Spoiler :
My plan for the second round was essentially the same as round 1,

Rex,
Chop out the oracle to take CoL, but not to change to Confucianism but to wait for Hinduism to arrive from either Bizzy or Qin,
Build a military to keep both Bizzy and Qin Honest.

The rex continued with Susa founded to the North East to claim the horses and elephants, the lands to the north east looked very good so I will hopefully plant more cities up there.

The tech path for the Oracle was Mysticism – Meditation – Priesthood – Writing and in 1280BC, we love it when a plan comes together. As per the plan I didn’t change to Confucianism

With the first part of the plan completed it became a bit of a rex fest with a further 4 cities being founded this round, two in the south and two to the north east, my economy is beginning to suffer but I think this will recover over the next two rounds

the southern cities

the north eastern cities

With seven cities i intend to scale down the rexing although i have identified four or five more potential city sites, I am inclining towards Bactra as my FP site but need to get courthouses in all my cities as soon as possible.

I'm waiting for Hinduism to spread and will then adopt it as my state religion which will keep both Qin and Bizzy happy

Attachments

• Darius I BC-0375.CivBeyondSwordSave
    138.2 KB · Views: 70
Well as I am off to my parents’ hill farm in Wales for the weekend (where the dial up speed makes use of the Internet absolutely pointless) thought I would do an interim update. For those who haven’t completed their second round games don’t worry I will update this post when they come in.

No shows.

I will give Kodii / Zargon until Sunday to say whether they are going to play and if not open up their slots (Mansa Musa and Gandhi) to anyone who wants to join in..

Wonder finish dates

Well a few people have been surprised to see Oracle going so quickly so in what is nothing resembling a scientific experiment thought you would be interested in seeing the spread of dates for Oracle out there.

The latest is in Ozbenno’s game where it fell in 750BC whilst the earliest the AI built it is in 1640BC in Pawelo’s game. Bearing in mind this is against exactly the same AI’s with the same resources I was surprised at this spread and makes deciding to risk getting a better tech than say COL or MC hard to assess. Of course Imhotep showed that you can get real value from it still by building it first in 1720BC and picking up Metal Casting from it.

For those of you chasing the Pyramids bear in mind the AI has built it in 725 BC, 675BC and 425 BC.

Ozbenno time to start sweating as it has fallen in other games before now….

Initial Wonder hogs of the game are currently Swiss Pauli with Great Wall and Pyramids followed, appropriately enough, by Imhotep with Oracle and Great Wall. However both have been overtaken at the death by Cabledawg with Pyramids, Oracle and the Henge!!

Research Progress

Well as I had too much time on my hands here is a wee graph showing research progress as keeping pace with the AI is key which shows the total Beaker values of completed research for those who have submitted second round games.

Most expensive tech researched is unsurprisingly from an Oracle builder with Imhotep picking up Metal casting

Overall Progress

Interim Awards

The "I cant count to save my life" Award goes to Swiss Pauli who likes to play an extra turn.

Chief Rexxer goes to Ad Hoc who is leveraging his traits to get up to 7 cities.

The small but perfectly formed empire award goes to Imhotep which doesn’t feel right bearing in mind his name…

The obscure coincidence award goes to Ozbenno and Ad Hoc who, despite having researched differnet techs, have exactly the same number of beakers of researched techs.

Cheers and happy new year

Seems I'm not doing so badly... ;) Thanks for the award ! In round 3 my empire will grow bigger as I can churn out Settlers at a 4 turn pace...

I decided to take a chance and use Image Shack :(

Took me some time to make a profile on image shack, and i'm not impressed at all. Images take forever to load, my computer freezes ever minute or two, and i have a very good computer! Definitely my last time using it. I think i'll try photobucket for my report.

Spoiler report :

Qin Converts to Buddhism sometime in the game. (auto spread).

Saw this:

Qin had even worse barb troubles:

Then the game froze...

1 Reloading an autosave later, i'm back in action.

Possible Future cities:

but i wouldn't think of expanding to much. I have 6 cities and look at the financial situation... could probably bring slider up to 30% though.

save

Sorry for bad report, but i my comp froze a couple times and i just don't have the time to make a full report this week.

I think tomorow when he updates to include me, kodii(when he supposingly reports today), and Cabledawg into the chart.

Ozbenno et al,

Feel free to kick off the next round immediately. I think this one will be the last of 50 as we will move down to 40 next as turns take more time with bigger Empires.

Will update the analysis in about 5 hours to cover TLO and Cabledawg at least, will include Kodii if ready in time.

Ralph

Well the Graphs have been updated for The Last One and Cabledawgs progress....

The Last One

Ummm intersting, you have Rexxed a lot but I would question the location of Nuremburg, Mainz and Augsburg. (They seem to me to have limited potential as cities and you would have been better suffering the short term pain of having them further from your capital for better long term potential).

This looks to have slowed your research a lot at the beginning of the last set but picking up slighty now.

Why aren't you prioritising CoL for the Rathaus which would really help your economy a lot more than Maths??

Cabledawg

Excellent wonder grabbing and looking good!!

Well I am off line for the weekend so no updates until Sunday night at the earliest.

Cheers

Ralph

Why aren't you prioritising CoL for the Rathaus which would really help your economy a lot more than Maths??

oh... i set research to maths along time ago, but my slider kept going down and down and i forgot to change it. Hopefully the Kashi Viswanith(sp?) will help. I don't see what's wrong with the city spot. Seems like i have much room to expand in... Qin is having barb troubles and probably won't expand for some time. Bismark is expanding south, but it's going to take awhile before he can be any threat to my future cities.

Willem 375BC - 800AD:

Spoiler :

The plan for this set was to expand to at least 10 cities and to build a strong economy.

100: Need to improve my economy, so I trade HR for Mathematics with China and start researching Currency.
103: Not satisfied, China asks for more. A small price for good relations
110: Currency -> CoL
114: The Germans offer Priesthood & 40 gold for Polytheism. Why not?
115: CoL -> Calendar (more happiness for bigger cities)
116: GL is almost done, so it seems safe to trade Aesthetics for IW/Archery (Germans) and Meditation/Monarchy (Chinese)
120: With Courthouses coming on-line I can afford another city. Maastricht founded NE to claim iron/elephants.

122: GL done!

125: Calendar -> CS. I get my first Great Scientists, using him to lightbulb Philosophy. I found Taoism in Rotterdam. The missionary goes north to convert the Germans

126: I notice that the Germans and Chinese are building cities close to my borders, and that unless I get my settlers out soon I will run out of free land.
129: Middelburg founded to claim rivers to the NE and block the Chinese. I decide to make it my future GP farm
132: Leiden founded to the SE to claim rice and cows. Future production town.
137: Backfilling empty land between Leiden and Utrecht with a new city, Delft.
138: CS -> Paper
142: Another GS, he creates an academy in Amsterdam
143: Why do I always forget to change civics? A belated switch to Bureaucracy and HR. My merry axemen capture and raze a barb city close to Maastricht, and I settle a new city in a nearby (better) location which gives me horses.

148: Paper -> Education

And here is my empire at turn 150. There is no more free land to settle, but I have 10 good or decent city locations which should be enough to be competitive. From now on I'm going to focus on research.

Statistics
Spoiler :

Attachments

• William Spaceman AD-0800.CivBeyondSwordSave
    203.2 KB · Views: 88
Ralph - great summary information there - really nicely done... Thank you!

On my own game - definitely feeling/seeming quite middle of the road = there's some really strong games being played out there. :)

I'm impressed that anyones managed to get wonders out - I decided not to try early on - figured the industrious emperor AI's would be far too quick for me.

I think I have a habit of playing and forgetting to report. I'll get on that today.
I also seem to have a habit of promising to report and forgetting to. :lol:

Here we go:

Spoiler :
I found my third city, Kumbi Saleh:

I then start training Skirmishers to protect against those pesky barbs.

After researching Polytheism (required for Literature), I noticed that Judaism was not founded yet. I had the opportunity to unite our continent, so I took the risk.

Bismarck ended up founding Christianity, so my plan went down the drain.

I completed both the Pyramids and the Great Lighthouse.

I think I'm going wonder-happy... and I've also lost my sense of direction for this game, so I think I'll just play it out in an attempt to win, rather than an attempt to finish fastest.

Techs: Archery, Sailing, Polytheism, Monotheism, Writing, Agriculture, Alphabet, Aesthetics, Literature (incomplete)

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/96336/MLG6_-_Kodii_Mansa_BC-0375.CivBeyondSwordSave

Top Bottom