FfH trivia game thread

Lesser demons were mortals who were corrupted in life or somehow otherwise garnered to serve Agares and crew in the afterlife. In contrast, "Greater" Demons were former angels who were corrupted somehow. (The same I believe holds true for angels.)

I"m not sure where beings like Mardero lie though, being the spawn of what I assume is a greater Demon and a human woman.

Correct, the definition is that a "Lesser" demon was mortal at some previous time. To my knowledge there is no distinction among the other Demons, but Balor are the weakest of them, and the fallen Angels the strongest.

Lesser demons were mortals who were corrupted in life or somehow otherwise garnered to serve Agares and crew in the afterlife. In contrast, "Greater" Demons were former angels who were corrupted somehow. (The same I believe holds true for angels.)

I"m not sure where beings like Mardero lie though, being the spawn of what I assume is a greater Demon and a human woman.

Lesser demons serve any evil god, Balors are greater demons who have formed from the joining of hells of Bhall and Agares, instead of being fallen angels.

Mardero is a cambion, aka: half-demon.

So demons in FFH not only can breed but even crossbreed with humans. And after that someone say they are not living.

Living is only applied to something in creation. Other worlds, planes, are so different from ours that even life is defined differently. (My guess)

So maybe we should use another term for this another definition. "Native erebusians" seems OK.

PS to remind about the thread: answer to Ur's question is expected (assuming that Rex was wrong).

You can destroy the undead (and presumably angels, demons), not kill them. How can you kill that which has no life?

Changing "Living" to "Mortal" might be good.

They aren't living because they have no biological processes, being instead powered by some other force (magic, pure evil, despair, what have you). Thus, they are immune to diseases and other effects that influence the body.

Well, trees are not affected by smallpox but they are concidered to be living. :D

The fundamental definition of life is still a problem of both science and science fiction. Sometimes they say that life is defined by 1) birth, 2) self-reproduction, 3)death. But, for example, one-cell creatures (which are living), like bacteria, have not really what is called birth and their life is virtually infinite. And they are inaffected by any disease BTW. :D So we have only self-reproduction.

Reference to any kind of specifical chemical processes is usually concidered to be inacceptable as science fiction can propose a life on another chemichal basis, for example silicon instead of carbon which is quite similar to carbon life. Etc.

Christian demons are surely not alive biologically. As well as souls - which are also indestructable. But in FFH demons look like some people from neighbouring plane. And the concept of destructable souls and manipulations with them by Infernals and Mercurians look... slightly pointless from the metaphysical point of view. Thats my feeling. ;)

Sorry for continuing offtopic.

Top Bottom