Triad Coalition Platform

I have formatted the proposed land law. I have also respectfully edited some material and it is written in italic. Please feel free to comment on this draft.

Giruvegan Land Law

I. Pledged Land Grants

Spoiler :
(a)Philosophers of Legion Faction: Capital City

Philosophers of Legion has the ownership of all land surrounding the capital,
and the Enlightened One, Shattered, would own the capital itself. Each of the other
members of the Legion Faction (16 members) will be given one tile each in the area surrounding
the capital.

(b)Protectors of Faith: Religious City

The Protectors of Faith Faction will have the right of control over the Religious City, the right to appoint their governor by
local election/appointment and the right to distribute land freely within the city limits (Religious city + 16
surrounding tiles. The location of that city will be decided by the Atlantis Faction.

(c)Warlords Faction: Military City

The Warlords Faction will have the right of control over the Soldiers City, the right to appoint their governor by
local election/appointment and the right to distribute land freely within the city limits (Soldiers City + 16
surrounding tiles. The location of that city will be decided by the Warlords Faction.

II. Future land Grants

Spoiler :
(a) Other Faction members and Independents:

Independents first, and secondarily members of other factions can apply for land grants outside the three cities
territorial limits (city + 16 tileS) planned by the Enlightened one.

(b) Other Factions:

Should further factions pledge allegiance to the Church of Giruvegan,
approved by the Zodiak of Giruvegan (Strider), the Grand Mystic of Protector of Faith (AluminumKnight), the Enlightened One (Shattered)
and the Warlord (NZL), they would be given a city with negotiated provisions.

III. Land Rights

Spoiler :

(a)Once a new city is founded the Faction Leader ruling the city will appoint a governor to the new Province.

(b)New cities are named by the Faction Leader or whomever they appoint to name it.

(c)New Cities Governors gain the cities tile and are given a Provincial title by the Faction Leader.

(d)new city lands are distributed by the Provincial Governor.

(e)Any player that is granted land will be given a title, by the cities governor. The title must be respective to the era. An ancient citizen cannot hold the title of Duke, etc..

(f)All Lands (tiles) will be named by their first owner. The names are written in stone and cannot be changed. A landowner must live with the decision he makes, unless permission is granted from the Zodiak of Giruvegan.

IV. Land Ownership Breakdown

Spoiler :

(a)Capital City-
Is owned by the Philosophers of Legion Faction.
Is named by the Philosophers of Legion Faction.
Its territories are distributed the Enlightened One, Shattered.
Its Territorial titles are appointed by the Enlightened One, Shattered
Grants its owner the Supreme Title

(b)New Cities-
Are owned by their Governor, who is appointed by the Faction that owns the city.
Are named by the owner faction or whomever they appoint to name it.
Territories are distributed by their Governor.
Territorial titles are appointed by their Governor.
Grant their Governor (1) Provincial title.

(c)Territory w/ Resource-
Gives owner the ability to start a trading guild.
Grants its owner (1) Territorial title.
If the territory is outside of any cities usable tile radius the Prime-Faction leader will distribute it.

(d)Territory-
Grants its owner (1) Territorial title.

V. Rules

Spoiler :
(a)Titles-
Territorial- Titles given to Citizens when they are granted a territory.
Provincial- Titles are only given to Governors.
Supreme- Title reserved for the leader of the Prime-Faction.

(b)The Prime-Faction leader and governors may distribute (1) territory to themselves per week.

(c)You must be a citizen of the Dgame to own land but you do not have to belong to a faction.

(d)There are no limits to the number of territories a Citizen may own.

(e)The tiles outside of a cities usable territories hold no value and cannot be distributed unless they contain a resource.

(f)No Faction or its leader are bound to distribute territories. If they so choose they can strip all ownership for their factions stay in power.

(g)A citizen can not be given more than (1) territory per week.

(h)Water tiles cannot be distributed unless they contain a resource.

2nd City Challenge

Spoiler :
Sequence of Building Cities under Giruvegan Rule by Philosophers Legion is determined by the basic civilization we
get, 50 % for each outcome:

Atlantis 2nd city civs, Warlords 3rd city civs :

Byzantium
Holy Roman Empire
Arabia
India
Spain
Korea
Mali
Netherlands
Portugal
Russia
England
Ottomans
France
Germany
America
Ethiopia
Japan

Warlords 2nd city civs, Atlantis 3rd city civs :

Maya
Aztecs
Inca
Celtia
Vikings
Zululand
Mongolia
Rome
Egypt
Greece
Persia
China
Carthage
Babylon
Khmer
Native America
Sumeria

Great work Lord Civius. Just one remark.
AluminumKnight is taking over from Strider and he renamed the Atlantis faction to Protectors of Faith

I'm confused about something in your platform. You say that you'll distribute 16 tiles of land around every city. Which 16? There are 20 tiles in the "fat cross".

We know its 20, but 4 is reserved for bad tiles or national reserve, possibly kings lands.

Makes sense. One more clarification: what if there are fewer than 16 good tiles? Such as a city with 5 or more tiles of resource-less water? Are such cities allowed to be built?

Allowed yes, recommended no!

How are you going to pick people to play the save? :)

Any small turnplays (1-3 turns) will be played by me. The first major session shall also be done by me. The second, by AlKnight. The third by NZL. The fourth turnplay shall be under the control of an independant. I shall hand out 5-6 nominations to people with outstanding roleplaying skills and/or that have contributed much to the game. These people will go under a public vote, and whoever wins, plays the save. I believe this is fair to both our Triad and the people of our nation.

So if you are not a huge roleplayer then you can't be selected, or unlikely to?

It's just i am not very good at the roleplaying thing yet would like to be at least given the chance to offer to play the save

Roleplaying is just one facet of it. If you contribute to the demo-game in the form of workable strategy and awesome ideas, you will have a much a right for nomination as the hardcore RP's.

I guess in my above statement I should of said " to people with outstanding roleplaying skills and/or that have contributed much to the game" [EDIT] It does now :D

Well, I have not been allowed to play a save for ages, due to some unofficial quarantine by a select group within the former DP institute, and I am not complaining. I am also happy that we got a new player to play the save from the Warlords Faction, and that I did not seek to claim that for myself, as other veterans could have done.

The model Shattered presented is quite fair, as all the elected leaders of the factions (three) and then a fourth player coming from outside of the Triad (to be voted for in an open, private poll) are to play the save. All these have been voted in for several reasons, 3/4 of them for winning Prime Faction and 1/4 based on merit and vote for a non-faction member by the end of the term, so a player outside the Triad can earn respect and get to play the session.

This will be a different system from before, where a group of acquaintances nominated each other and left someone on the outside. All elections are more or less fair and unfair, depending on what outcome you prefer. Certainly, losing an election means you lost it, and of course, if you clamor for a second chance, you have at least a second chance here, something the DP institute and the allegedly previous democratic systems did not provide. So if you contribute to the game, not running a destructive line, some voters may even reward you with a playsession and then some, even being outside the faction.

I would also find it unfair, that a casual player with no actual interest in the city they are about to found, should do that ahead of the many engaged and interested faction players that will participate in various subgames and city development discussions around their home city. For a casual player that like to meddle into another clans city, it may seem to be unfair, but for those that negotiated the faction cities system, it is very fair. I also think that organization of new players and provide some game content is vital, much more vital than the juggling of perceived rights and the direction of blame. The election outcome is evident of all this.

Yet, i hereby delegate Provolution to play the 3rd turn since he's our Faction's Master of the Hunt and in turn 3, nothing needs to be done except exploring.
I already discussed with Provolution some basic exploration path..
Also, i haven't bothered installing the HOF mod yet ;) but i will once screenshots don't suffice anymore to keep up with the gameplay..

Oh, NZL, it is the third session (2,5 weeks from now), not turn, which means when we found the third city. I hope you redecide, since that is a good session to play.

Hmm, yea sorry for my DemoGame noobness.
In that case i reconsider :)

I get to play? Cool! :king:

Anyway Shattered, how are you dividing the sessions? Or is that up in the air still?

Perhaps with some additional flexibility, Provo could still control the Warband via his Warband RP thread as a scout, no?

The plan is to have the Warband to discuss where to go and quite possibly vote over it, but all must be done in convincing roleplay. And remember, if we die due to barbarians or wild animals, we are all dead, and everyone needs to write their deaths in that final battle.

However, the Triad Leaders (Shattered, NZL and AluKnight) can give us initial orders before sunday. The members of the Warband are free to discuss tactical directions of the warband in chat (as long as it follows the main orders). We will post the enactment of the warband from chat in this forum, for all to read. Building up a positive narrative to look back to, is part of the forum/chat/gameplay integration of experiences.

Also, if the Warband falls in battle before we become a future garrison, I will also end my career as "Master of the Hunt", simply because I am dead. :)

I will be as proud of writing of our glorius demise as I will be honored as a member of the first great warband, may we carve our names into the rocks, trees, and the flesh of the barbarian savages!

Top Bottom