The Guildhall

Lord Civius

Emperor
Any citizen (in control of a resource) that wishes to start a trading Guild must register here.
The Guildhall

• Name of Trading Guild
  • Resource acquired
  • Guildmasters name (can be your registered name or a character)
  • Any citizens that have joined your Guild (please keep up to date)

Guildhall of Records

Guild of the Thundering Hooves (est. 3400 b.c.)
Week (1-4) Logs: 04/06/08-04/27/08
Spoiler :

Established- 3400 b.c.
Guildmaster- The Blastoid (BlastoidStalker)
Members- Clydus the Steward (Apprentice RP)
Category- Merchant Guild (Beast of burden)
Resource- Horses
Livestock- +4/week (yields=4)
Steed (1)
Steed (2)
Steed (3)
Steed (4)
- Received (1) Great Hammer

Week 2 Log: 04/13/08

Members- Clydus the Steward (Apprentice RP)
Resource- Horses
Livestock- +8/week (yields=7, Great Hammer=1)
Steeds available for trade= (12)

Week 3 Log: 04/20/08

Members- Clydus the Steward (Journeyman RP)
Resource- Horses
Steeds available for trade= 20 - (7 gifts) - (1 Clydus' pay) = (12)
*Clydus -1 Steed for journeymans' payment.

Week 4 Log: 04/27/08

Resource- Horses
Steeds available for trade= 20 - (1 Clydus' pay) = (19)

Week 5 Log: 05/04/08
Spoiler :

Resource- Horses
Steeds available for trade= 27 - (1 Clydus' pay) = (26)

Tintura Dyes (est. 3400 b.c.)
Week (1-3) Logs: 04/09/08-04/23/08
Spoiler :

Established- 3400 b.c.
Guildmaster- Ballazic
Members-
Category- Craftsmen Guild (Luxury resource)
Resource- Dyes
Stock- +3/week (yields=3)
Dye Barrels available for trade= (3)
- Received (1) Golden Coin

Week (2) Log: 04/16/08

Guildmaster- Ballazic
Gold- 0
Members-
Resource- Dyes
Dye Barrels available for trade= (6)

Week (3) Log: 04/23/08

Guildmaster- Ballazic
Gold- 0
Members-
Resource- Dyes
Dye Barrels available for trade= (9)

Week (4) Log: 04/30/08
Spoiler :

Guildmaster- Ballazic
Gold- 0
Members-
Resource- Dyes
Dye Barrels available for trade= (12)

The Guild of the Thundering Hooves
Horses
Gampe Play: Blastoid Stalker
Role Play: The Blastoid (administered by Clydus the Steward when the Blastoid is away)

Citizens

Guildmaster Blastoid, on behalf of his Guild of the Thundering Hooves, has been honored with the one Great Hammer. Domesticating these strong animals will strengthen our Civilizations industrial power. Great Hammers increase a Guilds production by +1 per week.

Guildmaster Ballazic, on behalf of his Tintura Dyes Guild, has been honored with one Golden Coin. Discovering this luxurious resource will bring our Civilization untold riches. Golden Coins allow Guilds to start earning a base commerce rate of +1 Gold per trade.

The Guild of the Thundering Hooves' logs have been updated for week 2, they now have 12 steeds at their disposal.

The Tintura Dyes Guilds' logs have been updated for week 2, they have 6 Barrels of Dyes and 0 Gold at their disposal.

Is there going to be a system whereby, those excess barrels/steeds will be lost if not used after a certain time i.e. two weeks, or are our guildowners going to be able to hoard resources until they have a rediculous amount once we actually start getting an economy going?

Yes, I think only metals could be hoarded. Livestock and cash crops should have a different system. I would say there should be a write off for horses at 25 % per turn after cap 10 horses is reached, before the number of horses fall to 3-4 again, and it can increase again, to represent the ebb and flow of markets, supply/demand and capacity to retain a huge base of horses. Similar for dyes, but dyes last longer.

Is there going to be a system whereby, those excess barrels/steeds will be lost if not used after a certain time i.e. two weeks, or are our guildowners going to be able to hoard resources until they have a rediculous amount once we actually start getting an economy going?

I have not put much thought into it but my initial decision is to let them stockpile. I believe Supply and demand will level the playing field if one Trading Guild has a "ridiculous" amount, however I'll look into it and consider you and provs suggestions.. I have not introduced the "Unit" system yet but in a nutshell certain resources will be more valuable then others. As time progresses each individual yield will contribute to the guild and not all production rate as it is now. I am letting the system grow slowly.

All ideas are welcome as the system is a work in progress. From the posts the citizens favor a simple slow growing economic system. The earlier we find the flaws and prepare the implementation of new ideas the better.

ALSO Please use the trading guilds thread for discussions as the Guildhall is used for official business between the Guilds.

I would like to gift the following steads

3 steads to Pat123, the Abbot of horses.
1 stead to Shattered, Leader of the Philosophers
1 Stead to Provolution, leader of the Warlords
1 Stead to ALuminum Knigh, Leader of the Church

Dear Blastoid, NZL is Warlord of the Warlords, I am merely Master of the Hunt, a most humble servant of the people. :) So please gift the horse to NZL :)

Blastoid, I would like to officially thank you for your gift of this fine horse. Does this steed have a name?

[OOC]
I'm not sure we should be counting resources (dyes) which cannot be developed in-game. In fact if it were me I'd have waited until the plantation is actually built.
[/OOC]

[OOC]
I'm not sure we should be counting resources (dyes) which cannot be developed in-game. In fact if it were me I'd have waited until the plantation is actually built.
[/OOC]

Here is how I look at it. In-game you discover some resources a few techs before you can mass produce them, refine them, etc... This is reflected in the Trading guild system because you only get a fraction of the resources yields before they are improved. Take the dyes for example, you still get 1 gold from them before you build the plantation.Once you start mass producing them they can benefit your entire civ with +5 gold and a happy face.

Sorry, I didn't expect to generate discussion. My point is, this is a trading guild and you can't trade them until they are developed. ;) But yes, if you can afford the lost food to work the tile in-game, then you do get 1 gold, so point taken. :)

Dear Blastoid, NZL is Warlord of the Warlords, I am merely Master of the Hunt, a most humble servant of the people. :) So please gift the horse to NZL :)

Therefor I grant the stead, a fine Black Stallion to NZL for his service and leadership. He may name the stallion as he wishes

Blastoid, I would like to officially thank you for your gift of this fine horse. Does this steed have a name?

Your stead is a White Mare, swift and sure of foot, You may name her as you wish

To update stocks.
I have given 7 steads to members of our people
3 to pat 123
1 to each of the triad leaders
1 to provultion the sage
3 Steeds are set as thew prize for winning our first horse race

so 2 are available foir trade and someone comes around to trade with.

Top Bottom