NoTW XIX: The Song of the Nightingale - Game Thread

I've speaken privately with Izipo, and I have to say, I think I was too rash. It was wrong of me to jump in there like I did. I have learnt the truth, that the ''necromancy'' this book teaches is in fact nothing of the sort. It does not teach the arts of animating and controling the deceased, but of how to bring people back for real! It is not necromancy!

While I think this book may in fact be useful to us, if Izipo wants to let go of it then I respect her decision. To the bottom of the sea with it.

How would she prove it more than she has already, by giving her powers up? No, Brisingamen, you might have sent your own wife to death but I'll stand by mine.

Looks at the book on the ground and takes a few steps back. Glances at Izipo questionally.

"If you are willing to give up your necromancy ways then I'm willing to withdraw my vote towards you. I hope this is a lesson learned."

OOC: How do you withdraw a vote? Like this? Izipo Or do I have to accuse someone else?

Edit: Just to be clear, I'll switch my vote from Izipo to Brisingamen

One who has just lost thier wife, and now is attacking others screams of injustice to me Brisingamen how dare you!

Being a wife myself, I don't like those who would kill their own Brisingamen!

Well, I thank you all for your support, and I'm glad that we finally get to hear from Stuck in Pi. It was Gandhi's wish that we wives stuck together.
Seeing the kind of husband that she had, I can easily understand why she was looking for support outside of her family.

Brisingamen, you are (in part) responsible for your wife's death.

kol.7, good job on revealing the books function to everyones :rolleyes:

Catharsis Oceandweller is looking particularly lucid this evening. Little wonder: she thrives on conflict, and there's a lot of it about at the moment. While she would, of course, much rather be hurling people over the side, any medium is preferable to none: if words are required, words will (however falteringly) be offered.

this talky, all of family. pointless. what matters family when wolfs are on board?

all this talk of family betrays your hidden weakness. all of you. i am strong, my family means nothing to me. you attack brisingamen, and why? for accusing a family woman. it is good that he did this! anyone of us is wolfs

but you let the scum - and here she flicks her wrist at the captain again - tricksy trick you with talky. family talky. we have only eight days left, i think? i dont know how big eight is, but it less than sixteen and nine and more than four, i am told. thats too short for this

but hey, do what you wants. i dont care if you all die

This is ridiculous! You people are talking out of your collective arse! Where is your evidence against either myself or Niklas? Tasslehoff, I wonder if you think this is your chance to jump on the bandwagon and rid this ship of a threat? Why noot just kill him, eh? Disgusting. I have every belief that Niklas is innocent, he has proved this to me over several private conversations which if you still doubt, Pinman can confirm.

{OOC: Yes, I realize your vote is now different, I'm just refuting your argument}

First, I have no ill will against you whatsoever, Captain. I am as certain as possible, under the circumstances, that you are innocent.

As for Niklas, my vote stems from his unprovoked attack on my daughter. {OOC: Yes, I understand weeding out the inactive is common early, but Tolis wasn't inactive.} Niklas also voted on the reasoning that there was weak evidence only against ghandi, yet he gave no evidence against my daughter. Hypocrisy indeed. And your claim that he has proven his innocence to you in private gives me nothing unless I am told why he is innocent.

Hum... A book of necromancy? I can't say that I'm happy to find out about all this, but of course I wouldn't refuse my own mother a chance to make up for possessing such a vile thing. Let Brisingamen die instead.

Izipo, you should keep the book, and maybe put it to some good use. I think that we should use what we have, instead of cowering in fear from it.

[FONT=&quot]Evening 3[/FONT]

Brisingamen Plainsrider had always been a simple man. A Hippus Horse Breeder who had no false airs about him, he was a man of honor and integrity throughout his entire life. Some would say that he had learned these traits during his time among the horses, who know nothing of deceit and lies.

When it was decided for him to die, the man took a short moment to say a small goodbye to his son Renata, and then walked right off the ship into the water. He did this with no grand spectacle, and in fact nobody witnessed his death. It was only later after the entire ship was searched for him that his body was discovered floating peacefully in the water. He had drowned. The usual analysis of his remains netted what seemed to be becoming a trend:

Spoiler :
The Horse Breeder, Brisingamen, was innocent.

Tears would have flowed from most reasonable men at the death of this total innocent. He was perhaps the greatest man aboard the Nightingale during that fateful voyage to doom. Indeed tears did flow, as all of the innocents cried freely into their hands. They did not notice those who remained silent, and did not cry. The song of the Nightingale seemed to beat with them at that moment, the murderers of Hitti- Litti and Backwards Logic.

It was only later that the sad and weary souls trooped off to bed accompanied by the ever constant song of the Nightingale.

The following is an excerpt from “The Greater Sorrow” a short history written about the song of the Nightingale:

It was on the third night that the werewolves seemed to assume control of the situation. Having seen 5 innocents killed, their power seemed unmatched. The horsemen of the apocalypse stood smiling in that frozen moment where the innocents wept at the death of Brisingamen, as no innocents would notice them with their heads buried deeply in their hands. Hope for the innocents seemed to die that day, although perhaps I should not be the one to speak of it.

It was written by Captain Pinman two years after the events of the Nightingale.

[FONT=&quot]-------------------------------

[FONT=&quot]Voting Tally:[/FONT][/FONT]

Kol.7 Riverking Izipo Lightfang Frozen in Ice
Lightfang Riverking Kol.7Lightfang Frozen in Ice
Niklas Wavewalker Brisingamen
Izipo Wavewalker
Brisingamen
zxcvbnm Wavewalker

Chandrasekhar Wavewalker
BrisingamenLightfang Frozen in Ice
Merciary Oceandweller Izipo
Tyrs Oceandweller
Brisingamen
Methos Oceandweller
Brisingamen
Catharsis Oceandweller kol.7
Frozen in Ice
Frozen in Ice Hammerfist kol.7 Frozen in Ice
Charles Li Ironsmith
Tasslehoff Ironsmith Niklas
Lightfang Frozen in Ice
Rheinmetall Ironsmith Izipo
Tolis Ironsmith
Brisingamen
Brisingamen Plainsrider
Izipo
Renata Plainsrider Izipo
Lightfang Frozen in Ice
D'artagnan59 Silver-rider Izipo Lightfang Frozen in Ice
Stuck in Pi Silver-rider Izipo Lightfang
mythmonster2 Silver-rider Lightfang Frozen in Ice
[FONT=&quot]

Accusations
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Brisingamen: 6
Niklas: 1
Kol.7: 2
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Izipo: 3[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Supports[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Izipo: 4[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Kol.7: 1

The First Dagger

Lightfang: 8

The Forge

Frozen in Ice: 9[/FONT]

Public Posting is closed.

Send me your items, abilities and amenities.

End of Day 3.

[FONT=&quot]Morning 4

[/FONT] After the traumatic events of last night, it came as no surprise to anybody that when they came up on deck, beneath the fiery red sky, they numbered one short. With terrible sighs, the survivors went about their daily ritual to discover the body.

He was discovered in his room, with his pound of Gold next to him. Apparently the werewolves had intruded smack in the middle of his nightly ritual of counting his earnings. This preoccupation with material wealth seemed somewhat disturbing during this time of crisis, and no doubt had he been left alive he may have done some damage. Still, despite this speculation, one thing could not be doubted:

Spoiler :
The Shopkeeper, Charles Li, was innocent.
With the morning’s victim out of the way, the survivors geared up for today’s round of execution voting while being serenaded onwards by the Song of the Nightingale. That morning’s one excitement appeared to be the gold discovered with the shopkeeper’s body. It had to be put somewhere- so why not vote for it as well?

Still, there were worried looks among the survivors- those who remembered that there were only 7 nights left until the ship reached the burning hell that was the land of the Infernals. Perhaps salvation would come sooner than expected.

[FONT=&quot]Accusations should be in Black.
[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]
Supports should be in Green.

[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]Votes for the Gold should be in Gold.

[/FONT] This day will last 48 hours with the midday post coming in 24 hours.

Public posting is now opened.

*looks at list of people I suspect*

*stars one name*

The Gold, however. This will be a tough one. I don't want it. All I want is the family I have with me now by my side.

NO!

The dwarven housewife utters a cry of grief and pain. Sobbing, she speaks

My husband... is dead! Who could have committed such a horror?

Please, I ask that my husband's gold be passed on to his Son, Rheinmetall.

"I don't know what good the gold does in this situation, but I'm sure my father would have wanted me to have it."

"Damned me, if I ever understand you people and your motives. What was that bandwagon on Brisingamen? I've never seen anything so insane in my life! Did you really expect him to guilty? Did you even care? I regret I wasn't awake to hammer some sense into your thick skulls last night."

OOC:
I'd like to be a reserve player. Btw, Zxcvbnm has apparently been poisoned in real life (look at the NESing forum).
I thought I knew who one of the werewolves was until Izipo's book was discovered... truly confusing.

Top Bottom