NoTW XIX: The Song of the Nightingale - Game Thread

The Oceandweller daughter, her eyes cast downward in shame, directs a flick of her wrist towards Kol.7, which can only be interpreted as a support vote on Niklas. She returns to her spot in the sand, casting imploring looks towards LightFang, and brushing at her clothes and hair as if to wipe off dirt.

I support myself too.

{ EDIT: Dangit, my dog ran off and I had to chase him. That was close. EDIT again: not that it mattered, but I didn't know until I got here. :shifty: }

The Infernals are still coming, if you haven't noticed. This hasn't saved us one bit. Until this mysterious orb thing is destroyed, I'm afraid that they will arrive regardless.

The infernals are still coming. Whatever Niklas did, he did not save us from Infernal death.

I find both of you rather hilarious. You believe it is no different being on this island rather then landing on the Lands of the Infernals? Are you foolish! Plus, we did not know the infernals were headed this way until whatever Captain Pinman is said so. Do you not feel we stand a better chance on an island then the Lands of the Infernals themselves? I would also like to see the evidence that Niklas caused this.

I find both of you rather hilarious. You believe it is no different being on this island rather then landing on the Lands of the Infernals? Are you foolish! Plus, we did not know the infernals were headed this way until whatever Captain Pinman is said so. Do you not feel we stand a better chance on an island then the Lands of the Infernals themselves? I would also like to see the evidence that Niklas caused this.

The point is that whatever stopped the lynching last night did not save us from the infernals. They are being drawn in, and they will kill us if we do not make them stop coming.

(OOC: What's going on? I have a comment from Methos in my email notification inbox, but I don't see it here. My computer is driving me crazy with load delays at the moment, so I don't know if it's just me.)

(OOC: What's going on? I have a comment from Methos in my email notification inbox, but I don't see it here. My computer is driving me crazy with load delays at the moment, so I don't know if it's just me.)

I realized that my comment was made after the deadline so I deleted it.

Edit: The one above was also one minute after, but Tasselhoff had already replied, so it seemed foolish to remove that one.

Evening 5

Captain Pinman was a patient man. He was prepared to wait for years to achieve his goals, and could overcome obstacles with ease. It was that ability which had developed a master plan to save himself in the instants before his apparent death. So far his plan seemed to be working, but there were always hiccoughs, and an ego was the mortal enemy of any strategist.

So Pinman viewed the recent developments with an unparalled calm. As he felt power flooding into him, his rational mind analyzed the development without panic. He knew what the source had to be, but while the horrific thought that a bond could work in reverse might have paralyzed most men, Pinman tried not to let it faze him.

After all, he saw several ways to turn what he was feeling into an advantage.

Meanwhile on the island, in a tied vote broken by the Captain, it appeared that Lightfang had been sentenced to death. The faithful servant to the Riverkings had been disowned by his new master Kol.7, who had led the accusations against him. It was decided that with the ample supply of wood in the nearby forest, the best method of execution was a public hanging. The necessary equipment was quickly constructed throughout the day, and was ready for the scheduled time of death.

Lightfang stepped forward before the assembled survivors and surveyed them.

“ Friends, Countrymen and Lovers.,

I am an innocent man and you all wrong me. I have never willingly shed the blood of another living being, nor do I ever plan on it.

Your willingness to kill innocents will doom you all. That is all I have to say. “

With his piece said, Lightfang Riverking stepped slowly towards the gibbet, and for all intensive purposes prepared to die. Everybody expected that they were going to kill another innocent after the speech and it was with some reluctance that they prepared to finish their duty.

That’s when they saw the flash. Red streaked out of the corenr of their visions as a terrible laughter pierced the air.

“I’m alive!” he screamed.

“I’M ALIVE!”

The voice was very familiar, and almost all recognized it before they turned around. The voice belonged to Captain Pinman.

The man was now striding purposely towards them, with an evil grin on his face.

“It seems that I didn’t need your help after all, my friends. Perhaps I can finish my plan, right here, right now. “

“No” said a soft yet confident voice. “I won’t let you”.

The crowd turned around as Niklas Wavewalker walked calmly towards Captain Pinman. He was a man on a mission, and his eyes seemed to glow. As he reached the Captain, he threw his cloak on the ground and waited.

“Its been a long time hasn’t it my servant? I think its about time that I renewed the bonds between us.” Said the newly revived Captain with a smile. “ I will enjoy controlling you once more”.

“I AM NOT YOUR SERVANT!” shouted the first mate. He drew back his hand, and with immense concentration shot a bolt of energy at Pinman.

The captain was thrown back several feet and recovered just in time to deflect the second blast, which would probably have taken off his head.

Anger flashed in the captain’s eyes as he stood up. “ You are truly a fool if you think that you can match me. You are a nothing, a nobody.

Feel the power of the Ashen Veil.”

The captain’s hands lit up as fire shot out towards Niklas. The man tried to stop it, but he was unable to. The fire burnt a hole right through his chest.

“Well now that that’s over and done with, who is next to die?” None of the shocked survivors could answer him, their mouths seemed to have sealed themselves shut. “I guess I get to choose then, how about-“

It was just as the captain turned away towards the others that the first mate staggered up. Using his last reserves of power he sent the captain back to the place he knew that he must have come from with a great flash of light. He then died, his blood spilling out onto the sands.

Spoiler :
The First Mate, Niklas, was innocent.

Silence ruled the island at that moment. None of the survivors could comprehend what had just happened and some of them never would.

“Well I guess we should go to bed” started the shocked captain, “wait I think Niklas has something here”

Indeed there was something. In his hand, the captain held a small ruby like crystal. With another cursory search, he discovered a silver amulet, that had been voted to him just days before.

The mystery of these items would have to wait for morning though, as night refused to wait on the survivors. It seemed though that the orb shouldn’t be left unguarded and Kol pocketed it for the night.

As the survivors headed off to bed accompanied by the Song of the Nightingale something occurred to them. That music stirred a memory, a shocking one. The night had been silent after the ethereal battle between Pinman and Niklas for a surprising reason. The song of the Nightingale had stopped dead.
--------------------

Voting Tally:

Kol.7 Riverking Lightfang
Lightfang RiverkingLightfang
Niklas Wavewalker Niklas
Izipo Wavewalker Lightfang
qoou Wavewalker
Chandrasekhar Wavewalker
Merciary Oceandweller
Tyrs Oceandweller
Methos Oceandweller Niklas
Catharsis Oceandweller Niklas
Frozen in Ice Hammerfist Lightfang
Tasslehoff Ironsmith Niklas
Rheinmetall Ironsmith Niklas
Tolis Ironsmith
Renata Plainsrider Niklas
Stuck in Pi Silver-rider
mythmonster2 Silver-rider Niklas

Accusations

Niklas: 4
Lightfang: 3

Supports

Lightfang: 1
Niklas: 3

Public Posting is now closed.

Send me your abilities, items and amenities.

End of Day 5.

Morning 6

Poison is quite a deadly tool. It kills quietly and efficiently, and cannot be traced back to the murderer in most cases. Somehow however, the poisoner always seems to be found, and when they are, justice is swift. Perhaps those that delivered justice in this case were not the greatest example of virtue, but one woman had died for her crimes.

The evidence was quite large. After her body had been found lying in the water, ripped to pieces, the Nightingalers followed the prudent ritual of searching her tent. The oddity inside was discovered fairly quickly, as it seemed unlikely that the distured area of the ground inside could have been moved by anybody else besides the tent's former occupier.

So they dug it up, and found the smoking gun. Buried a few centimeters underneath the ground, lay a small vial of blue liquid and what appeared to be some sort of chemistry set. Rather than take any risks with the later, it was decided to toss it into the ocean, where it was presumably lost at sea. Some still thought however, that the vial could be harmless, and it was kept. Still, the shocks continued to come.

In a slightly surprising turn of events, despite the evidence of guilt on her person, the following showed to be true:

Spoiler :
The cook, Chandrasekhar Wavewalker, was innocent.

Thus it was agreed that The Vial would be voted on along with the silver amulet and the orb which Kol.7 surrendered at dawn.

The day will last 48 hours with the midday post coming in 24.

Votes for the red crystal should be in red.
Votes for the Silver Amulet should be in Silver.
Votes for the Vial should be in purple.
Accusations should be in Black.
Supports should be in Green.

Public posting is now opened.

I'd like the silver amulet back. I had given it to Niklas for the night because he was interested in trying to repair it. Unfortunately he forgot to give it back to me before he died.

Catharsis Oceandweller is attempting to come to a conclusion. Watching her do this is quite like watching a ship-of-the-line try to parallel park.

way i see it...

captain pinman was dead

and then captain pinman was alive

so

izipo is the evil one!

(oh, and give amulet back to Kol.7. wont make him any better captain.)

hmmph. well, i'll vote for merciary instead, then, if it'll get him to speak up. speak, supposed 'father' of mine! i'm sure i don't know who you are, though.

rheinmetall, you dwarf, you're pretty 'vile', so you should have the 'vial'

and that crystal... there's no use beating about the bush. i want it. give it to me or i'll drown you.

Hmph, I know know who the wolf is. My "unnamed source" obviously lied to me. Tasslehoff, YOU knew Niklas was a threat! YOU knew he could stop you! And YOU convinced me and Renata to believe he was a wolf, when in fact, he probably had the best chance of saving us! And now, YOU will die for this.

(Pinman, does my primary objective get fulfilled because Chand died?)
Oh, and Kol. 7 can have the amulet. Let noone have the vial. Break it somewhere. I do not want anyone else to be poisoned. The crystal... I don't know.

Wait I'm being accused by my own daughter? Sorry I haven't been here, I went into the woods to look around and hit my head on something and went out like a light. By the look of you folks I missed something major.

(OOC: Been a busy past few days, the most I could do is pop on for a look at any time.)

I am inclined to believe my son. Tasselhoff, you have accused many innocents, and, though you have provided some information, I still do not trust you. I believe you are the mysterious culprit here! The ruby can go to Catharsis, the amulet to kol.7, and the vial I would like to have.

Who, me or merciary? All I've got is a statue given to me by my father, no orb.

I am inclined to believe my son. Tasselhoff, you have accused many innocents, and, though you have provided some information, I still do not trust you. I believe you are the mysterious culprit here! The ruby can go to Catharsis, the amulet to kol.7, and the vial I would like to have.

Accused many innocents? Not at all, the only innocents I have accused are Niklas and ghandi rules.. In fact, I've accused far fewer innocents then you have

Hmph, I know know who the wolf is. My "unnamed source" obviously lied to me. Tasslehoff, YOU knew Niklas was a threat! YOU knew he could stop you! And YOU convinced me and Renata to believe he was a wolf, when in fact, he probably had the best chance of saving us! And now, YOU will die for this.

(Pinman, does my primary objective get fulfilled because Chand died?)
Oh, and Kol. 7 can have the amulet. Let noone have the vial. Break it somewhere. I do not want anyone else to be poisoned. The crystal... I don't know.

I did not lie to you. I passed on information I had received. Two sources, one now deceased (D'Artagnan59) and one living told me that he had been scanned as evil. I had no reason to doubt them. I was also told by [another unnamed source] that Niklas possessed a 'strange orb,' and I believed it, and still do believe it to be the evil item Pinman has mentioned. If I am guilty for believing what was told to me, then so are you. Hardly fair.

In addition, read last night's post more closely. While he was not marked as 'evil,' it's clear Niklas had some shady dealings with our good former captain/Ashen Veil cultist. Pinman called Niklas his 'servant' and spoke of 'renewing bonds.' While it is true that Niklas was certainly noble and good in his death, he had a shady past with the evil Captain.

As you and D'Artagnan show, mythmonster, believing in passed-on information from one I trusted doesn't make me guilty

Moving on.

Kol.7 can have his stinkin' amulet back, and I'll hold on the vote for the other items...

Top Bottom