BUG Hunting

I'm going to play a set this afternoon with BUG v3 plus simcuties many color XML file. I really want to see this in-game log bug turn up soon.

Arrgggg - totally forgot. Playing now.

0a) load customassets-null (ie nothing in customassets), get a hint that talks about flanking and says that all cannons are damaged if a stack is attached by cavalry ... it seems that the hints haven't seen the 3.17 patch :D

Get a CTD when double clicking the save, but it loads ok from with-in the game.

Try the in-game log and ... its totally fine. I even see the whip-assist message with icons in it.

0b) load customassets-BUD Mod v3.0 Simcutie (ie BUG mod with simcuties extended colors), open the in-game log and ... its totally fine.

0c) notice that I started Civ4 in error logging mod ... need to repeat both of the above ...

0d) repeat 0b) and its ok. Play on but forget to actually save each turn. Duh.

0e) repeat 0a) and its fine when using the original save. Trying my latest save ...

BAM! CTD​

Excellent! This is great news. I played my set with simcuties xml file in v3.0 and it caused a crash. Not exactly sure where but I'm going to go back to the beginning save and play just 1 turn and see if that causes a crash.

BTW - in the game, got a GPriest which I settled. Saw some funny reminders, one of which I asked to pop up next turn and noticed this little race ...

round and round they go!

Replayed the my set with BUG v3.0 sim cutie loaded I've attached two files (err, I will when the upload feature is back on line), one that causes a CTD (395BC) and one that doesn't (410BC).

Here is the log from each ...

410BC

395BC

The 410BC is from Vanilla BtS. The 395BC is from BUG v3.0 with simcuties file. I couldn't display it with vanilla BtS because it causes a crash.

So... nice. You've... got your CTD then :goodjob: :lol:

What do you want us to do now ruff??

Wow a CTD, nice :crazyeye:

Thing is we are looking for the turn log CTD not loading the save, or are we hehe.

Well any bug found is a good bug hehe

Cheers!
-Liq

What I would like you guys to do is to play from my CTD free save (395BC) with BUG v3.0. And if Mystyfly could play iwth the simcutie file while liq doesn't we can see if we can reproduce the bug.

All I have to do is load up the saves. Any suggestions?

guys - seems CFC has an upload problem. Can you just grab the latest save we have above and just play 5 sets. If the BUG v3.0 + simcutie causes a CTD, I'm going to declare this BUG found and squashed.

Ruff

^^ I'm a bit confused, probabely because I'm a bit sleepy.

If you can't upload it, try rapidshare.

The latest save we have is the package I uploaded, I think.

I won't be able to play until tomorrow so go ahead liq.

The upload is fixed. I've attached to files, one Good (doesn't cause crash) and the other Bad (causes crash).

I was hoping for the following:
  • Liq play 5 turns from the Good file (with BUG v3.0 but not simcuties file) and upload all of the turn saves
  • Mystyfly play 5 turns from the Good file (with BUG v3.0 but WITH simcuties file) and upload all of the turn saves

That will give me two sets of files covering very similar actions and I can compare the CTD status of each.

Liq - you might want to play on a few turns until you see a reminder - you will know if you have seen it or not. :D

Attachments

• Good.CivBeyondSwordSave
    248.1 KB · Views: 85
  • Bad.CivBeyondSwordSave
    249.3 KB · Views: 106
ok well like a liq said, it's rather pain city as the injury I suffered just reactivated an issue cause by an auto accident a few years ago.

just skip me please as between comas and pain killers, the nyquil is working for it's money this week. :sad:

here here for brutal physical therapy :trouble:

Cheers!
-Liq'd

played my 5 turns. No CTD for me (well if I had one I'd be really :confused:).

Spoiler :
Also met Cathy of America

have fun, ruff...

View attachment bug saves 5 turns.zip

... I'm off to listen to what you said on modcast :D

did you play with or without the simcutie file?

testing your games with vanilla BtS this afternoon. If I get a CTD (and I hope I do), I will declare this bug found and squished. We are planning on putting a warning message in BUG to highlight people to presence of the offending simcutie color file.

ok liq can sit at the pc again hooray or something hehe.

So much pain, so little cheese wiz. anyway if you need a liq to play a turn set I can though those 5 hour turns are out of the question haha.

Cheers!
-Liq('d)

Top Bottom