Rise From Medieval Kingdoms III, Thread Two

cough cough...

:bump::bump::bump::bump::bump::bump::bump:

Choxorn, if you let this game die I willl come to your house and I will cut you.

I is being lazy, I shall stop hopefully soon.

Now would be an excellent time. :p

Alright, Preview. I would have updated today, but, I'll blame kill fire for not letting me. :)

Anyway:
-Another Three Bite the Dust
-Colonies and Stuff
-Ottoman Wars, Asian Wars, and, well, not a lot much else, actually

Soooo...... About that update....

As soon as kill fire lets me have the computer that has the maps and stats saved on it. :)

1590-1600

"Wow... Their plan worked... too well..."

The Caliph was referring to the Ottomans' war plan for the past 10 years. A spy of his had managed to get some of these plans (No Bothans died to bring us this information), which basically laid out the Ottomans' problem was being too spread out in their wars, with 3 enemies to fight at once. They had said that the only way to solve that problem would be to get rid of one of them, the easiest way of doing so being to conquer the Fatimids. But then came the problem again: Being too spread out meant that they couldn't spare troops to do that.

So, they decided to temporarily not fight on one front and send tons of troops to deal with the other two. They chose to ignore Russia for now and only fight Arabia and the Fatamids. And, surprisingly, it worked. Their enemies had thought they'd do the exact opposite, concentrate on Russia while not trying hard against Arabia and the Fatamids. The Russian invasion of the Ottoman land west of the Black Sea managed to take a bunch of land and the cities of Tiraspol and Constanta, but did no more, and meanwhile, in the south, the Ottomans succeded in conquering the Fatamids. They were so massively outnumbered that they never stood a chance. However, the actual land the Ottomans have gained from this stretches no further than the border with Maroc they now have, the western desert area of the Fatamid Sultanate they could not capture. And against Arabia, they recaptured the Sinai peninsula, and even pushed further than they did 20~ years ago.

The Ottomans have gained a lot, but their victory is not assured. They still have 2 weak enemies and 1 powerful enemy to fight.

The Fatamids were not the only ones to get conquered in the past 10 years. In asia, the Korean War is over. China suddenly woke up and attacked. In the north, the battle of Chongjin was quickly ended by a joint attack from both the Mings and the Japanese. In the south, Japan advanced on and captured Taejon, and then sent the forces from Taejon and Chongjin to surround the capital of Seoul. One short siege and amphibious landing later, the city fell, and the Korean government ran to Pyongyang, already being attacked by the Mings. For a while, it seemed as though Korea would win here, but then the Japanese showed up and... Yeah, battle was over pretty quickly. Korea has fallen, and now comes the task for the Mings and Japanese to divide this conquered land. (D'art and Charles, I don't know what plans you have to split this land between you, so for now, it's divided along the present-day border between North and South Korea)

And a bit to the south, a third nation fell. Gibraltar created an enormous army, and sent the entirety of their army (all of it that wasn't in the Western Hemisphere) to Southeast Asia- about 400. It then proceeded to invade the wimpy Sultanate of Malacca, which stood no chance. It quickly fell, and the nation has become a colony of Gibraltar. Other asian nations are somewhat alarmed at this, but have been assured that they will not be invaded.

By Gibraltar, at least- the Mughals continue to pwn Vijayanagara.

Speaking of colonies, there are plenty of new ones. Maroc has created a colony bordering the Aztecs on Panama. It is currently unnamed. The Caliph prays for them that it will not share the fate of Novo Moskva.

Argos invaded and conquered Puerto Rico, and created a colony and a city there. Yay them. Heck, they made a bunch of new colonial cities.

In Cuba, barbarian combat- has not happened. (Sorry, merciary, a bunch of stuff happened last update and I was too lazy to tell the barbarians to do anything. Your brilliant strategy has been useless again. :()

Further to the north, the first colonies on "North America" have been created. Argos has colonized an island called Newfoundland, which is a very short distance from Greenland.

England and Gibraltar both headed for the same area- this could be trouble. England colonized Long Island and some of the nearby mainland, and Gibraltar colonized an area known as "New Jersey" (Where's old Jersey?). These two colonies border and are very cramped- and Gibraltar has the region's resource. This is almost certainly going to cause trouble, either between England and Gibraltar or between them and the Natives in the area.

With all that's been happening elsewhere recently, the Caliph can't help but notice that less and less is happening in Europe. Hell, the Ottomans are the only newsworthy thing in this part of the world, why does nothing ever happen? Oh well, enough happens elsewhere to keep the Caliph busy.

A Map was an important thing here, and now, the Caliph finally has one that can show him everything at once, rather than a bunch for various areas.

(Someone suggested a while back to use the RFMK 1 Map to show the entire world all at once, but not very detailed. I have done that, and currently, the map doesn't show anything but people's borders. It doesn't show cities, resources, barbarians, or existing nations that aren't on any map like the Safavids. It doesn't even have labels. I'll make it more detailed in the future, but for now, it's gonna have to suck and be like this.)

And he has one more thing to report: A new age.

Welcome to the Enlightenment, everyone! There's no new tech this turn, but hey, new age, yay! You can either choose between a UU (replacing any that you already have) or building 4 cities for free. And a change shall be made at this age: Expansion will be considerably faster. Having the world settled by 900 AD was unrealistic, but by 1700 AD, it really isn't.

They're now uploaded.

@Gibraltar

Vacate North America or things may get very, very ugly...

Top Bottom