SGOTM 08 - Smurkz

Xc, what makes you say we'll have Lit before Marble? I'm expecting Lit around turn 91 at best, but my projections are very vague. I'd love to be wrong there. :)

Er, I expect to meet another civ that will give us several techs? Nah, I was remembering wrong. We might pick up a little time with extra trade, though.

And, YES, as unkle says, let's make sure that all chop actions are cancelled immediately!! (Or let's have Niklas do all the turns up to 68 ;) ).

So, are we good to go again? Is Rolo going to continue (with a foolproof premeditated list of actions) or will Niklas go next? The suspense of waiting for the Pyramids is killing me.

Well, to be perfectly honest we only discussed the structure of the sheet, not its contents for this particular game. But yeah. ;)

Depending on when you'll play, I might be available on IM (Niklas & Methos have my adress on MSN)

Small plan :

Cities:
Yosmurkzhappy
Whip settler for 3 pop on T65
Builds: Settler (T66), Worker (T67), ( work in galley between turn 67 and 68, axe until turn 71 , unfinished )
Tile switches: Cows, Fish x2, Gold, Hill is default
T65: default
T66: Switch to Fish x2, Gold, Sci x2
T67: back to default
T70: Switch from Hill to forested hill, to give Hill to #2 ( niklas spotted that both cities were working this hill at the same time in the posted spreadsheet )

Hari-Smurkz
Tile switches: pig hill and grassland copper hill are default
T67: work extra forested grassland @ pop 3
T70: work extra forested grassland + mined grass hill @ pop 4

Green Dot
Settle on T68 and give a nice name ( probably mine :p )
Start granary
Work clams

Worker moves
For that I refer to Niklas spreadsheet on this post Workers will receive the names stated there

Other units
Workboat: Move to the clams and make fishing boats there @ turn 67
Warrior: Try to force a fight with barb warrior in advantage position to get enough XP for woodie II. All after will depend on the result of the fight, if there is one :p

Looks good rolo. :thumbsup: Please play on! :)

The spreadsheet also says drop research to 0% after gaining Math to build up cash, and then put it back at 100% on turn 71. (Niklas, can we really afford 3 turns with no research?)

Good point Xc. Yes, we can definitely afford it. We don't really need any of the techs between Maths and Literature, so we should maximize our treasury to keep it as big as possible and only drop to its lowest point on the turn we get Literature. This also has the added benefit of giving us more time to potentially meet someone who might trade us Myst and/or Poly, or at least give us a slight bonus towards researching them. :)

Ok, rolo just remarked that we don't need to chop all the forests before we settle, since it's possible to guide the chop hammers to the right town by un-greying the proper town in the city screen. Wish we had known that earlier... :crazyeye:

Since rolo is 101% certain this works, here's a new plan that takes this into account, and that gets us the plains hill mine in time:

It delays the dumbos to turn 76, but we don't need them in the capitol until then anyway.

As mr Niklas is a confess control freak :p I decided to post a small test save.....

Simply chop the forest where the workers are ( tile shared by 2 cities BFC ). Depending of which city has it ungreyed in the City screen the chop will go to that city. Try it :p

Ok, I tried it and I confirm it indeed works. Glad to have you onboard, rolo. :thumbsup:

Well, as we have a new worker order proposal from niklas ( that was drafted a little in a hurry ), both me and niklas decided that it would be better to give some time to the rest of the team to spot any possible error in there.

As that, the game will be resumed tomorrow somewhere between 6-7 PM GMT ( the game currently is on turn 65, with a settler on cap and 2 hired sci, but with all the units unmoved so far ). We'll be making a IM chat for discussion online of the game and I hope most of the team can be there ( for those that don't know, my IM email is r_rolo1@hotmail.com )

p.S If you find a error in any of the spreadsheets... you know what to do :p

Ok, turnset until turn 71 done.....

Everything is going by plan. And besides founding our city #3 nothing momentuous happened....

Some screenies:
Spoiler :

Autolog
Spoiler :

Turn 65/500 (1400 BC) [03-Oct-2008 22:33:03]
Yosmurkzhappy finishes: Worker

Turn 66/500 (1360 BC) [04-Oct-2008 19:01:37]
Yosmurkzhappy begins: Galley (6 turns)
Hari-Smurkz grows: 3

Turn 67/500 (1320 BC) [04-Oct-2008 19:49:32]
A Fishing Boats was built near Yosmurkzhappy
Tech learned: Mathematics
Yosmurkzhappy grows: 6
Yosmurkzhappy finishes: Galley

Turn 68/500 (1280 BC) [04-Oct-2008 19:59:03]
Research begun: Aesthetics (14 Turns)
Yosmurkzhappy begins: Axeman (5 turns)
Yasodharapura founded
Smurkz-harapura begins: Granary (30 turns)
A Mine was built near Smurkz-harapura
User comment: Remember to finish fish deal after turn 68
Yosmurkzhappy grows: 7

Turn 69/500 (1240 BC) [04-Oct-2008 20:28:16]
Hari-Smurkz grows: 4

Turn 70/500 (1200 BC) [04-Oct-2008 20:40:33]

Turn 71/500 (1160 BC) [04-Oct-2008 20:53:51]

And OFC the save

P.S I putted a note in the log, but we have a fish deal with shaka. Remember to check if shaka has something useful to trade after turn 78

Looks great rolo, much better than those previous turns... :mischief:

The trade routes with Shaka's towns give nice boosts to our commerce, so we're ahead of schedule for research. Hari is on track for Pyramids in 86, really nice. And still no adverse random events, wonderful.

Roster:
  • unkle - UP!
  • Niklas - On Deck!
  • Backwards Logic - Warming up
  • Methos
  • Xcalibrator
  • r_rolo1 - Just played
  • Renata - vacation mode :cool:
  • ChrisShaffer - advisor mode
unkle! :salute:

For the record, here's what I proposed before the last turnset for the capitol (though with slightly up'ed research numbers):

It's possible we might be able to do better, this one predicts Literature on turn 91 as I noted before, and a GS for Academy on that same turn. The scheme here is maximized for hammers, but maybe what we want is to maximize for beakers instead. We don't really need to maximize for hammers until Literature anyway, as unkle pointed out to me on IM.

This place has become rather silent of late. We've been passed in number of posts quite severely, Geezers are almost 100 posts ahead of us now. Where is everyone?? Where are all the ideas? :(

I had a look at a spreadsheet that goes a little easier on the whip in order to run more scientists. Here's what I came up with:

EDIT: Note that the research numbers after Literature are phoney, I didn't bother to project that far.

We would delay our second axe to turn 83 (from 76), and the second galley to 90 (85), but the Academy would be sped up by 3 turns and we would have Literature on turn 90, same as Marble is connected. Getting a galley out on turn 90 would be pretty neat btw, perfectly timed to transport the worker from Marble Isle back to the mainland.

Thinking beyond the wonders, I'm thinking we may want to build a barracks and some units in Hari once the Pyramids complete. Sure Parthenon is nice, but Shaka isn't necessarily... :shifty: The other option is to build/whip a barracks in Harapura pretty soon, and steal a plains hill or two from Hari for speedy production. And regardless of what else we do, another worker would come in very handy.

I agree with making units in hari. The city has a good prod potential even without stealing tiles to the cap and I really would like to have something between me and shaka greedy hands besides warriors ;)

A question: i know it might be too late for that, but, how about getting the big tower with a flame in top? In this kind of maps it is always a good investement.....

Top Bottom