FfH2 0.34 Bug Thread

Oops -- one other note. I had earlier captured the ROK holy city and used it to pump out a couple of great prophets. I founded the Dies Dei with one of them. Now when I build Ecclesiastics they are not getting the +2 experience that Dies Diei is supposed to give. Does one have to have Empyrean as the state religion to get this benefit?

Were you building those units in the city which had Dies Dei? It isn't an empire-wide bonus, just in that city

EDIT: And the mention of Archery Range being required for Frostling Archers is because Frostling Archers have the building listed as a prereq, but they have a cost of -1, so aren't buildable at all by anyone.

Don't think the soul forge is working got a pop 6 city and have killed about 5 barbs within one tile. I get the message about a soul being processed, but pop stays at 6.

Soul Forge adds production to the city, not population.

I'm getting an error message "failed to initialize renderer" when trying to load this mod. BTS 2.17, as well as other mods, load fine without any errors.

Any suggestions?

Kael,

Here is the save from turn 568. That turn ends normally. At the end of the next turn things go south. From there on, the waits become incrementally longer, up to about 8 maybe 9 minutes a hundred turns later.

Attachments

• JDR AD-0568.longturns.CivBeyondSwordSave
    493 KB · Views: 64
I haven't researched a religion yet, because I have some religions from lairs. Two religious oddities:
-A free Acolyte popped up the first time Order spread by itself, and now every time I use the current spare Acolyte to spread Order, I get a new one. "An Acolyte has joined your cause".
-When Minister Koun took over my religious HQ city, it raised the AC 11 points (of 170).

Barbarian World (possibly in combination with Blessing of Amathaon, if that's what's giving so many lairs) seems to be effectively overriding Wildlands. 2 Bears, 1 Lion, 0 Gorillas, 0 Tigers, 0 Wolves, 3 Elephants, 2 Hill Giants, 0 Spiders (!) and some sea life and Griffons. The computer players may have managed to kill a few off that that count misses, but that's still considerably less than I think a standard sized fractal map should be getting. Or maybe this is just an unlucky game for animals.

Resources: 0 Pig, 1 Sheep, 1 Wheat, 1 Sugar, ... 8 Dye, 10 Silk, 11 Corn, 15 Horse, 15 Cow, ... -which is about the usual FfH distribution. I would rather you went the vanilla Civ route and put more-or-less equal amounts of everything, so I'm pointing this out just in case you're screwing up the distribution accidentally instead of on purpose. It's weird having real-life rare resources be mostly common in FfH (half the sea resources are Pearls) and conversely. (Of course, in Civ generally it's weird that you can't spread plants and livestock.)

The graphic Kael uses for his avatar is the graphic for the Random Neutral Leader in Play Now. I'm guessing charleswatkins somehow ended up playing AS the Random Neutral Leader, rather than a random neutral leader. Which is confusing enough on it's own. XD

EDIT: It seems he was able to select a specific civilization after choosing Random Neutral Leader, which is weird. Was unrestricted leaders turn on, charles?

Sorry for being vague, but you guys seem to have figured it out. Under Unrestricted Leaders, I selected Random Neutral for my leader and Balseraphs for my Civilization. When the game started, I was assigned Kael (Immortal portrait) as my leader. But under the Balseraph banner, there were no traits. Probably serves me right for trying such a twisted thing.

By way of background, in the Traits thread below I was asking about having a hero who was assigned random traits and somebody suggested that a Random hero would work. Of course, choosing a purely Random hero simply got one of the standard heroes with their usual traits. So I tried the Random Alignment option without specifying the civilization, and that did the same thing. But when I chose a civilization, I got the random, traitless leader.

don't know if it really belongs in here so excuse me if it doesn't, but still it looks very odd.

0.34 patch A, I took a look in the worldbuilder. the Malakim capital is a coastal city with 3 fish tiles right beside it ( workable ) , while all the land around it is mined desert hills. problem is that the AI is not working any of the fish tiles, and the population is at 1 ! I checked this both at turn 180 and at turn 280 ( normal speed ) , and it's always at pop 1 . I'll post both savegames if you want to check, maybe I'm missing something here.

Found a python exception with the Illians' dragon (0.34, patch a).

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvSpellInterface", line 16, in cast

File "<string>", line 0, in ?

File "CvSpellInterface", line 2366, in spellRoar

AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'getTeam'
ERR: Python function cast failed, module CvSpellInterface

A free Acolyte popped up the first time Order spread by itself, and now every time I use the current spare Acolyte to spread Order, I get a new one. "An Acolyte has joined your cause".
That's intended actually; if the Order spreads to a city then that city has about a 75% chance to get a free Acolyte (or Crusader if you have the tech). It's just one of the little perks the Order gets ;)

@Gekko: Do the Malakim have the Fishing tech? They really should beeline it if they're in that kind of a situation...

Running .34 patch a. Marathon game as the Kurio's/Cardith Lorda

Maybe I'm just on the bad side of the random number generator, but I'm on Turn 240 and I have yet to see a dialog asking me to set an "Adaptive" trait. I know it takes much, much longer for this to kick in on Marathon, but I thought it was closer to 100 turns...? Or am I just unlucky?

not sure if this is intended: changing civics when prompted by another leader (i.e. you never touch the "civic" page, just accept the other leader's demand) doesn't result in anarchy. also, it seems to ignore the "10 turns of not being able to change civics after a revolution" rule.

Perhaps this is working as intended, but the Illians word spell is particularly annoying when used against Golden Ages, since the Golden Age clock keeps ticking during the spell (making for a complete waste of a Golden Age).

Perhaps the the Golden Age clock could also be put in stasis?

Koun is Agnostic.
He is hidden Agnostic: in my game he was marked as Philosophical, Dexterous (from Ljos). Had FoL temples in each of 3 cities and was able to build disciples.

I am now about at turn 500 and was wondering when I would get my High Priest of Winter. I found out why I didn't get them. The Dark Elves have my high priests. Not quite what I expected... :)

Edit: Ok my regular priest are only level 5 so they can not upgrade, but the Dark elves still have High Priests of Winter. It may be an issue with the no level requirement option that I have turned on or there are no blocks put in place to stop other civs from building them or some other unit from upgrading to them...

[to_xp]Gekko;7337429 said:
beelining fishing at turn 180/280 doesn't seem hard, and I'm pretty sure they have exploration :D

Was the city ON the coast (could build boats there) or just had the fish in the BFC? Sounded like you did say they are right on the coast, but want to be sure, since Kael placed a block to keep the AI from going after sea-going techs if they are not actually owning any coastal cities

Running .34 patch a. Marathon game as the Kurio's/Cardith Lorda

Maybe I'm just on the bad side of the random number generator, but I'm on Turn 240 and I have yet to see a dialog asking me to set an "Adaptive" trait. I know it takes much, much longer for this to kick in on Marathon, but I thought it was closer to 100 turns...? Or am I just unlucky?

Everything in Marathon takes 3 times as long. So you should get your Adaptive pop-up at about turn 300

No Sleep For You Kael :lol: you got bugs to squash.

I'm on it.

Patch "b" is linked in the first post. It won't break save games and fixes the following issues:

1. Fixed a problem viewing the unit pedia when playing as the Sidar.
2. Ritual Armageddon Count requirements are now applied correctly.
3. Fixed an error earning your trophy if you win with the "Final Five" option enabled.
4. Ice Mana will now correctly give out adept promotions.
5. Fixed an issue with Religions learned before techs (such as disciples from explorable lairs).
6. Fixed an issue that allowed you to research state religion requireing techs even if you didn't have the state religion.
7. Ice Elementals are immune to cold damage.
8. Rewrite the Barbarian attack ai to be more flexible and less predictable.
9. Fixed an error with iPlayer in the Open Chest code.
10. Fixed an error the the Ascension function.

Was the city ON the coast (could build boats there) or just had the fish in the BFC? Sounded like you did say they are right on the coast, but want to be sure, since Kael placed a block to keep the AI from going after sea-going techs if they are not actually owning any coastal cities.

just re-checked to be 100% sure: the city is coastal, they can build ships there, and it has 3 clam tiles in the BFC.

btw, thanx for patch b Kael :goodjob:

about the weird distribution of resources Lark talked about in post #184: he's probably playing Erebus mapscript. the problem here is that most resources have both a terrain prereq AND a latitude prereq. but with Erebus mapscript the latitudes don't matter to determine the climate AFAIK. which means that many resources often have no place to spawn cuz they fail to meet the latitude prereq. this got fixed for pigs in one of the latest FF releases, and should probably be applied to all resources ;) getting rid of the latitude prereqs looks like the best solution. I think those are redundant with the terrain prereq anyway.

Top Bottom