FfH2 0.34 Bug Thread

Someone killed the defenders, but didn't explore the lair maybe? Might be defended by a Spider? Dunno if that works.

the scout would see the spider and a few turns later I found another unguarded fort a little north - so I doubt that they were all killed - probably all the goblins are out for lunch or something ;) It is too early in the game for anyone to really have killed a goblin archer much less more than one...

I probably shouldn't bring this up, but....

In my game playing as the Illians, I have the following:

The Baron
15 Great Werewolves
47 Blooded Werewolves
A Handful of Ravenous Werewolves just waiting to be upgraded.

Hmmmm, nearly 70 werewolf units. Has the limit on the number of werewolves you can have been removed?

If not, it appears to be broken.

If so, yippee! You would have to be a real bonehead to not rush Feral Bond, build the Baron and reap this benefit. :D

I don't know whether to post this in the bug treat or in the balance treat, but Scorpion Clan Goblins don't upgrade to Scorpion Clan Wolf Riders, when they kill Wolves, but to normal Wolf Riders (without the +1 Poison), which does not make a lot of sense.

not a bug as such...
when i d/l the new version it doesn't appear as type 'application', but just as a 'file'. would changing its icon sort the prob, or is it a d/l error? the media pack and patch dl's are fine.

not a bug as such...
when i d/l the new version it doesn't appear as type 'application', but just as a 'file'. would changing its icon sort the prob, or is it a d/l error? the media pack and patch dl's are fine.

Just add .exe to the filename.

not a bug as such...

Are you running Vista? If so, then all you need to do is manually add ".exe" at the end of the file name. That will make it an application and you can just run it at that point.

Serial killer event

I play as Luchurip and when the killer is caught I can choose to enlist him to recive a wood golem with crazed promotion. Well if you have read the "Feet of clay" by Terry Pratchett, you know that it is possible to have a crazed golem serial killer in town, but this seems strange in any other world then Discworld so I think this option should be inactive for Luchurip :)

I probably shouldn't bring this up, but....

In my game playing as the Illians, I have the following:

The Baron
15 Great Werewolves
47 Blooded Werewolves
A Handful of Ravenous Werewolves just waiting to be upgraded.

Hmmmm, nearly 70 werewolf units. Has the limit on the number of werewolves you can have been removed?

If not, it appears to be broken.

If so, yippee! You would have to be a real bonehead to not rush Feral Bond, build the Baron and reap this benefit. :D

Huh, I didn't know there was a werewolf limit, and further more, I've never gained werewolves very fast at all with the Baron. Generally the Ravenous ones just aren't strong enough to upgrade.

That's an absurd number either way, You'd have to win 140 battles just to get 70 blooded werewolves, and if the Baron converted at 100% which he doesn't. So like, 280 fights or something like that on average to get that many werewolves... and then you'd have to win all of them.

Doesn't make sense, early on in the game where werewolves are lethal enough to win with that regularity, you'd win the game by the time you were done. Later on, you'd not have strong enough base werewolves to win consistently. Are you play on a low difficulty maybe, with a huge map and a large number of players? Barbarian flood on perhaps?

In the attached savegame, I have just had an enemy raiding party land ashore on the west side of my main continent. Somehow they have managed to sit all their troops on top of one of my units. I am not sure how this happened, though it may have something to do with one of the other units on that stack withdrawing from combat.

Also in my capital I have a sea serpent, which became immortal, was killed and then reappeared in my land-locked capital city. It's now stuck their and it cannot use the planar gate to get to a coastal city.

I don't know if you guys want to get broken saves, but here's one! This game was crashing more and more often until it finally got to the point where it would crash every time I ended the turn (that were this save is,). I'm running Vista, so maybe that's the problem. My bet is that it's a CIV (or Vista) thing, and there's nothing to be done, but I figured I'd post it anyway, in case you're interested.

Attachments

• temp.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1,021.1 KB · Views: 73
If there is still doubt on the Marksman / Guardsman issue, I want to confirm that it is not working correctly. I have promoted two Champions to Guardsman and had two Royal Guards in a stack and got hit by the AI with a TON of Assassins (invisible no less) and lost all my archmages, high priests and catapults without one of my guardsman responding.

I saw this mentioned in post 2, but no mention in post 1.

Oh, one more thing. I built the Celestial Compas but it did not seem to be reducing the cost or increasing my hammer production when building rituals.

Even with these: still lLoving this mod!

In the attached savegame, I have just had an enemy raiding party land ashore on the west side of my main continent. Somehow they have managed to sit all their troops on top of one of my units. I am not sure how this happened, though it may have something to do with one of the other units on that stack withdrawing from combat.

Also in my capital I have a sea serpent, which became immortal, was killed and then reappeared in my land-locked capital city. It's now stuck their and it cannot use the planar gate to get to a coastal city.

You have the Nox Noctis in Gaudium.

I just started a custom game. All of my settings were standard except I tried aggressive AI. I'm running patch G.

I get a message that I founded the Ashen Veil and asked if I want to change to Hyborem I said no. I was then told I was defeated (apparently I am the Khazad).

Also, is there any way to remove this from the hall of (sh)ame?

Best wishes,

Breunor

Playing Lanun I've build several boarding crews. While marching next to the coast I came by 2 enemy ships. My boarding crew attacked them (boarding crew was on land while the ships where on see on the next tile). The first victory resulted in ship getting caught (and spawning it on land), the second victory resulted in another ship spawning on land and my crew moving onto water tile. On the next turn the boarding crew which finished on sea reapeared on land. As for the captured ships, they still had movement on the previous turn sa I moved to sea myself.

Huh, I didn't know there was a werewolf limit, and further more, I've never gained werewolves very fast at all with the Baron. Generally the Ravenous ones just aren't strong enough to upgrade.

That's an absurd number either way, You'd have to win 140 battles just to get 70 blooded werewolves, and if the Baron converted at 100% which he doesn't. So like, 280 fights or something like that on average to get that many werewolves... and then you'd have to win all of them.

Doesn't make sense, early on in the game where werewolves are lethal enough to win with that regularity, you'd win the game by the time you were done. Later on, you'd not have strong enough base werewolves to win consistently. Are you play on a low difficulty maybe, with a huge map and a large number of players? Barbarian flood on perhaps?

Z, I'm pretty sure in prior versions of FFH there WAS a limit on the number of werewolves you could have. To get another (Ravenous Werewolf) you had to lose one first. Apparently, this is not the case now.

To better explain this, please recall my posts in the Armageddon Oddities thread where I mentioned being targeted by the raging barbs over 250 straight turns. My point there was mostly that the mechanism for targeting civs for barb attacks is broken as there needs to be a point where the targeted civ is changed.

As always, I play on a Huge Fantasy Realm map at Monarch with raging barbs on. I need to mention that I did not get The Baron until about turn 500 in the epic speed game as it takes some time to research Feral Bond. Still, it is now around turn 750 and I have all these werewolves. I can say that there were turns when I got 3-4 Ravenous Werewolves from killing the many attacking barbs.

One more thing: I have a problem where the Tier IV units are turned off. No barb Tier IV units (I cannot build them either). And, I can assure you that even Ravenous Werewolves will win most of the battles (and get upgraded) against the barb Axemen, Warriors, Goblins, Wolf Riders, Goblin Chariots and Lizardmen that are invading. I am playing as the Illians by the way and it really seems strange to have so many werewolves.

As much as I hate to admit it, the limit should probably be re-instated. This is more likely a balance issue, but I posted in the bugs thread because there used to be a limit in FFH in previous versions.

So I'm playing a One City Challenge as the Sidar on a normal pangea map with the increasing difficulty challenge on. I'm trying for an altar victory and.... oh, I may have just thought of the problem. Are you unable to build the altar if you are evil? I got up to level IV and now it doesn't show up as an option to build. I switched to evil alignment due to a religion change, could that be the problem?

Ahh, I wish these things were written down in the Civilopedia somewhere. Grr..

the scout would see the spider and a few turns later I found another unguarded fort a little north - so I doubt that they were all killed - probably all the goblins are out for lunch or something ;) It is too early in the game for anyone to really have killed a goblin archer much less more than one...

In my first game of 0.34 (Sheaim, no patch) my starting city was 3 tiles away from the scorpion goblin clan and their fort. Before my culture expanded to cover their fort, they wandered 2 tiles north (forested hill) and stayed there. They did not attack any units that passed by, and I was content to let them be for the first 100 turns. Perhaps lair defenders have a slight AI glitch?

So I'm playing a One City Challenge as the Sidar on a normal pangea map with the increasing difficulty challenge on. I'm trying for an altar victory and.... oh, I may have just thought of the problem. Are you unable to build the altar if you are evil? I got up to level IV and now it doesn't show up as an option to build. I switched to evil alignment due to a religion change, could that be the problem?

Ahh, I wish these things were written down in the Civilopedia somewhere. Grr..

yep, can't build the altar if you're evil.

Top Bottom