Night of the Werewolves XXII: The Road to Ruin (Game Thread)

I think D'Artagnan should have the night googles.

On a related note, can you guys move me to the shadow? It's getting quite hot here.

Midday, Day 10

The nine men squad moved swiftly down the mountain towards the valley. Accusations for the day were slow, with only thomas.berubeg generating any kind of following. D'Artagnan59 had a small folowing for the night vision googles and Izipo had been the only one to volunteer to handle the documents. For the second day in a row, no one had cast a vote for the explosives by midday. A small drizzle had begun as the men moved on, heading towards a large black thunderhead that had formed in the distance. Hopefully the weather would hold until after the extraction...

Accusations:
thomas.berubeg: 5

Document Vote:
Izipo: 2

Explosives:
None so far.

Night Vision Goggles:
D'Artagnan59: 2

Current Over/Under: NONE

>>Deadline for votes 23 hours from this post<<

This is not good people.

I'm in two minds about Thomas... The fact that he would voluntarily confess about poisoning, and killing, one of our own is very disquieting.
On the other hand, if he's been interrogated last night then his interrogator knows all there is to know about Thomas and I would very much like to hear what he has to say about this. If he wants to remain discreet about it, then private channels are to be used (I know who it is anyway).

To avoid another useless lynching for now and also to stir the kettle some more, I will switch my vote from Thomas to Merciary. Think of it what you will, but this vote is not random.

As I said, I did not voluntarily kill methos, I only tried to incapacitate him to test out a theory. I beleived it would incapacitate him.

as such, to prevent try to prevent my death, i will vote for merciary[/

From my conversations with Ekolite before his death, I know that the documents are a letter in a mysterious language. I trust our leader, Izipo, to take Documents, unless somebody else believes they could interpret them.

Also, it does seem strange that thomas would confess to all of us if he were truly guilty. Rogue kills in the past have been by bullet, so I will follow our leader in changing my vote to Merciary.

This is not good people.

I'm in two minds about Thomas... The fact that he would voluntarily confess about poisoning, and killing, one of our own is very disquieting.
On the other hand, if he's been interrogated last night then his interrogator knows all there is to know about Thomas and I would very much like to hear what he has to say about this. If he wants to remain discreet about it, then private channels are to be used (I know who it is anyway).
Your claim that you know this person that drugs people is totally unfounded. Neither he nor I has told you anything. But yes, he did interrogate Thomas last night and found nothing suspicious. By his own admission though, he could be wrong- he’s failed before. And no, I’m not the interrogator, only his voice.

Regardless of his reasons, he killed one of our own. He says "to test a theory". What kind of theory needs to possibly kill someone in a time like this? I need more of an explanation if he is to stay alive. I vote for thomas.berubeg.

Edit: fixed some grammar

Edit2: forgot to vote on items. Goggles can go to D'artagnan, even though I don't fully trust him, no one else is any better and at this point I can't make a case for myself. Izipo for the documents is fine, as the leader probably has the highest chance of deciphering them. As for the explosives, if no one is against it, I will take them.

Evening, Day 10

What a difference a half day makes.

At the day’s midway point, it looked like the alleged poisoner thomas.berubeg was certain to be executed. But after the last votes were counted, merciary emerged as the leading vote getter. Dragging the medic over to the stake, they hastily tied him up as the rest of the squad made a semi half circle to watch the proceedings.

“Merciary, you have been found guilty of treason for acts against your country and your squad. A court of your peers hereby has sentenced you to death. What do you have to say for yourself?”

He looked totally forlorn as his eyes welled up. “Please, don’t kill me. I never meant to hurt anyone – I just wanted the war to end. Do you understand the cause for which you fight? If you knew the truth, you too would want to end it.”

Izipo stared back at the apparent Rogue Agent. “So,” he replied in his usual calm tone. “If you are who you say you are, there must be others among us, correct? You help us by revealing who your accomplices are, and we just might show you some leniency.”

“Of course! Of course. Just untie me and I’ll point out to you who the others are! We can end this here and now! No more death!”

Izipo motioned to a pair of soldiers positioned closest to merciary to untie him. No sooner were the ropes off, he took off running. “You FOOLS! I’ll never tell you,” he yelled as he ran off in some direction other than west. “We’ll end this war or die trying! Open your eyes to the truth. You haven’t seen what I …”

His trailing voice was interrupted by the loud ‘Crack’ of a rifle. Merciary dropped like a stone, the lone bullet had lodged itself right square in the back of his head. The men looked over to thomas.berubeg who was slowly lowering his rifle. The small trace of smoke emerging from the barrel spoke louder than words. The squad was totally silent for the next few minutes, some in shock from mericary’s revelations and others in shock that thomas.berubeg had managed to learn how to use his rifle.

Spoiler :
mericary was a Rogue Agent!

After searching though mericary’s belongings, they came across no items of interest to be voted on. The now eight-man squad settled in for the night. The storm that had been brewing for the past few days seemed to let up a bit, but there still were black thunderheads in the distance that blocked the Full Moon. While they were one step closer to extraction and routing out all of the Rogues, there still was a long way to go.

Accusations:
merciary: 6
thomas.berubeg: 4

Document Vote:
Izipo: 4

Explosives:
Nahkarma: 1

Night Vision Goggles:
D’Artagnan59: 3

It is now night! Night people pm me with your orders. Posting is currently closed. This night will last 24 hours. ((Yes, I will be able to update 24 hours from now))

((Courtesy of CFC's seemingly consistent server explosions causing the downtime or whatever is going on, I will be granting another 24 hour window in which players can send nighttime orders))

Morning, Day 11

The men awoke to the sound of thunder in the distance. With only four days left and the elimination of a Rogue Agent, the squad was feeling pretty good about its chances for survival. To top it off, everyone who was supposed to wake up woke up this blustery morning. After Izipo did the role call, which at this point was really just a head count, he ordered the squad to pack up and move out. For the first time since the start of the mission, there wasn’t anything to vote on aside from the usual accusation votes. They weren’t out of the woods yet, so to speak, but neither were they out of hell.

It is now day!
Midday post in 24 hours, night post in 48.

Number of Players Remaining: 8
Current Over/Under: NONE

You may now post!

Well, yes definitely.
What was it again ?

I dont' suppose that fact that i disposed of the enemy is in my favor at all?

if we were cynics, we could say my total is now a nice, round 0!

Top Bottom