Wrath of the AI

Great story so far! I just got back on CivFanatics and noticed your name on the stories board. Naturally I clicked on the story ;) Good luck destroying the talented!

Just caught up on the story, I followed Conquest of the World as a guest and just recently joined:D even though I've been playing Civ since Civ 3 came out.

Glad to see an update Quint.

Great story so far! I just got back on CivFanatics and noticed your name on the stories board. Naturally I clicked on the story ;) Good luck destroying the talented!

Thanks! There'll be another update soon.

Just caught up on the story, I followed Conquest of the World as a guest and just recently joined:D even though I've been playing Civ since Civ 3 came out.

Welcome to CFC! [party] You're the first person to make their first post in this thread - there were a bunch in Conquest of the World. Nice username, too! :goodjob:

The fifteenth century begins with the beleagured Frisky requesting help in their war against the Innovators. Hah! We decline. They make peace the very next turn. The Militarists and Commercial make peace shortly thereafter, ending the cross-channel war.

The first thirty years of the century see a boom in higher education, with six universities being completed. This pushes literacy over 50%, and the resulting increase in scientific production allows for a nice 300+ gold surplus on the last turn of researching Banking.

Economics will only take 5 turns to complete at 80% research. It would be worth it if only for the wealth benefit, but remarkably, the Talented have not build Smith's yet, either - or indeed, even researched Economics. Why they ignore it I'm not sure - other than to build a huge lead in Industrial Age techs - but I've no problem with taking JS Bach's and Smith's if they don't want to research Music Theory or Economics. The Fens begins a Palace prebuild for Smith's.

At last, in 1437, I receive this message. Both the Talented and the Traders begin Magellan's Voyage that turn as well. Good thing Bright Future is only ten turns from finishing JS Bach's. The Traders and Urban begin it in 1442. Seeing that keeping a monopoly on Music Theory is now pointless, I sell it to the Utopians for the Printing Press and 18 gold. I seek to trade it to the Scientists for Innovation, but they want gold and won't accept per-turn payments. So I set science to zero for a turn, seeing as one more turn for economics won't hurt me with a prebuild already in place.

During that IBT, 1447, I notice a couple Talented troops heading my way.

Tensions increase a bit, but with it only being two troops I don't think it signifies a full-fledged invasion. Hopefully they're just going to New Expertise 2 to hop on a ship. I end my next turn and see what they do.

And... it's inconclusive. A whole bunch more guys show up, but they seem to be heading towards New Expertise 2. Hopefully not Auckland! It'll take another turn to be sure what they're up to.

The Urban and Seafaring make peace in 1452, allowing the Seafaring to focus on the pirates.

It ends up taking two turns to get enough gold to buy Invention, but in the end we strike a deal with the Scientists.

Yep, it's a lot of money - more than 5 years' worth of GNP.

The tension up north is alleviated in 1457, when the troops already in New Expertise 2 do not move farther towards me. I don't witness any ships leaving, but they quite possibly did through the fog. The important thing is an invasion does not appear imminent.

I buy the Territory Map of the Commercial fairly cheaply in 1460. It turns out I already know most of their territory.

Spoiler Map of Commercial Territory :

But it's still a lot of land. We're pretty close to even in size.

1465 sees the completion of Economics. Gunpowder will come next, and with it, a needed increase in defensive capabilities. As I finish Economics, the Talented begin Theory of Evolution. So they're at about Replaceable Parts and Scientific Method; I haven't seen any Destroyers yet so they're likely not that far on the northerly route.

The Defensive encounter me, apparently by contact trade, in 1477 AD. They wish to sell me contact with the Diplomats - I refuse. They are unable to trade either technology or maps, which means they are either equal with me on technology, or - more likely as they say we are advanced - are backwards. But they do have a great number of cities, including a number of Industrialist ones.

The long-lasting trend towards peace ends this turn, with the first declaration of war that I know of this century.

It then begins to dogpile.

In the resulting Commercial troop rearrangement, I notice that they already have Musketmen. I'll have them in a turn, so their advantage does not presently concern me.

The Virtuous contact me in 1482. They wish to give me Gunpowder for Music Theory. As I'll finish Gunpowder next turn anyways, I decline. They have many cities as well, including several Aerial ones and at least one Defensive one.

The next thing I know the Diplomats are knocking on my door. They seek to trade territory maps. I see that they have a respectable number of cities, and accept.

A nice little territory, but with many neighbors. From what I can tell they've been peaceful.

Gunpowder is finished in 1485. Chemistry will come next. The first Bank is completed the same year in River's Source. No deal is made with the Virtuous as Gunpowder was the only tech they had that we did not.

1490 sees the completion of our greatest building to date, and the first wonder we've completed on our own. Although not providing any particular advantage just yet, it will help once we have hospitals, and will silently help in the score category, which could still be crucial in determining the winner. In just as good as news, no one is able to switch to building Smith's, so I should get that one, too.

An appropriate notice. Universal Suffrage would be quite useful to them as a Democracy. Unfortunately, there is nothing that can be done to prevent them from building it. Meanwhile, the factories they can now build make them even more dangerous. And I've already seen railroads, so they certainly have Coal.

Towards the end of the century, I attempt to broker some trades. But no one except the Talented has any money, and they don't need anything I have. In fact, I have the largest treasury in the game. Not too difficult since most civilizations are broke - even the Commercial - but still a good position to be in. Though it will change once I upgrade my Musketmen.

As the century comes to a close, I find myself still hopelessly behind the Talented - they have Infantry now - but I've made good progress. Banking, Economics, Invention, and Gunpowder were discovered in the past twenty turns, the population increased by 1.9 million (a record for a century), GNP increased by 250 million (27.8%), and literacy increased nearly 50%, from 40 to 59% of the population. Corruption also continued to decrease, reaching a low 8.93%. A combination of continued courthouse building and the effects of more universities is credited for this improvement. So while the fifteenth century was mostly calm, it was also another important century of stengthening and building for the future.

Chemistry is completed in 1510, and work is begun on Metallurgy at 4 turns with 90% science.

That same turn, I decide to poach two sources of Incense from the Commercial by Bills and Anchor. My advisor tells me they are currently trading with the Scientists and Virtuous.

Hopefully that'll stir up some trouble! :devil:

:confused: That wasn't what I was expecting!

At least it isn't war. Conveniently, all it takes it 20 gold and they agree to extend the deal - and relations improve to Polite.

Come 1515, I find the Scientists no longer have Incense but now have Spices to offer. My mischief worked! Unfortunately they will hardly give me anything for Incense - my major problem with trades right now. I decide that I might as well increase my diplomatic relations at least, however, and trade them Incense for Contact with the Civilized. Sure enough, relations improve to Polite.

I find the Civilized with twelve cities, one of which was originally Defensive, and early-medieval technology. I trade them all the contacts they lack for Contact with the Hippophiliacs and 4 gold.

The Hippophiliacs are a bit better in technology, as they are able to trade for Invention. They also have more cities, including one Industrial city. I secure Contact with the Governors from them, and go to see how advanced they are.

Not very! They do have Perfection as their government, but are lacking gunpowder. With 12 cities, they aren't overwhelming. I get Contact with the Aerial, and find that they have 17 cities, and are at the same point technologically as the Governors. The score rankings at this point look as follows:

The Frisky are off the chart at 420. Only the Virtuous and Defensive really have much power:

Culturally, the Civilized are the best of the mystery continent, but trail the Talented.

I've really got my work cut out for me here. And no easy way to gain in the score rankings, surrounded by civs 1 and 5 in that category.

Continuing to try to improve relations, I give the rest of my surplus resources to the Innovators and Militarists. The Innovators are still annoyed with me; the Militarists go from Furious to Annoyed. Well, it's some improvement at least. I then go one step further and establish an embassy in Paradise.

War weariness was really wearing down on the Utopians. My luxuries will help them a lot. May be bad for the City Dwellars, though. And the embassy, of course, doesn't help my relations.

Turns out, though, that thanks to my workers connecting an additional source of saltpeter this turn, the City Dwellars can both help me and regain their advantage.

It's not a lot of gold, but every bit helps!

In 1517 AD. They're way too advanced.

Diplomatic efforts continue in 1520, and the Utopians are placated to Polite with a Right of Passage agreement. With only the Scientists, Urban, and Utopians Polite, and everyone else Annoyed or worse, I'm still not doing well, but it's much better than I had been doing. That two of my friends are at war is a minor problem - but great for selling war materiel!

In 1525 I complete my first Musketman, having realized it made more economic sense to rebuild rather than upgrade. Thunderfall has the first Musketman. I hope to have at least a third of my defensive units upgraded by 1600.

Metallurgy is finished in 1530, and work begins on Astronomy. I pay to upgrade my Trebuchets - it still isn't as good of a deal as rebuilding them, but is reasonably close, and saves me shields I can use for the Musketmen. The doubling of costs from Pikemen to Musketmen is really killer for making paying for upgrades worth it.

I also found a new city south of Thunderfall in 1530, to take advantage of unused tiles and a marsh that is being cleared.

Not only will it be a productive city in time, but it increases our unit support, thus being a profitable city from the beginning.

Were they at war? Those silly cross-ocean nations! A lot of good that war did them!

I complete Astronomy in 1550, and begin work on Physics. The technology rate is pretty good right now. I notice, however, that the Frisky are being conquered. As I'd hoped to do that eventually, this saddens me. At least it's my ally the Urban that are doing the conquering - and not the Talented! They aren't at war either, so perhaps it happened long ago and I just didn't notice it until now.

1557 sees Magellan complete his voyage, from a Commercial port.

I'm glad to see them beat the Talented to the goal. As many wonders as the Talented have, they need no more.

The Utopians come knocking and wanting to trade maps in 1567. I agree to their small price and get a map of their lands:

1570 is a good year, as I complete Smith's Trading Company. My finances improve to the tune of 50 gold per turn or so, and the savings will only increase as I build more buildings.

However, the news is somewhat dampened by a Talented culture pop thwarting a nefarious plan of mine to extend my borders.

The plan had been to build a city where the selected worker is. That would have given me some nice expansion space, and still left a wall of jungle between me and them (the Talented worker just finished chopping it down). Unfortunately, I no longer control that tile. So I'll settle him in more northernly jungle instead.

By now I decide that something needs to be done about the whole situation of the Talented being so advanced. That thing is to become more powerful - not by fighting them. Rather, it would be much easier to work up to their power if I controlled the Commercial land. So I need some way to conquer them. Now, we all know what happened the last time this happened...

And I'm in no shape to invade anyone now. But that can be rectified.

Romulus is always cutting his own throat when he does trades - I'm a bit worried about him. But he ought to be better with Astronomy.

Now for the second step - making sure I don't get myself into a two front war.

And then step 3 - building Horsemen like mad.

For good measure, I slow down my research so I'll have more Horsemen to upgrade once Military Tradition is finished. By the late 1600's I ought to have a force to be reckoned with to invade the Commercial with.

Well, I hope the Commercial Campaign goes well... :D If it's any encouragement, your power graph vs the Talented looks a lot like mine did as the Boer Republics vs the British Empire in my AoI game right before my third war with Britain. AFTER my third war with Britain, let's just say that things shifted slightly. :D

I have used that same strategy many times successfully, massive numbers of horsemen all upgraded to cavalry is always useful. It's a shame you aren't going to use an army though:D.

Those Cavalry will demolish the Commercial.
No city named after me? Lol...

I hope so. There's a chance I'll be facing Cavalry too, though. I haven't seen any Commercial Knights, but that doesn't mean they don't have them, and they do have both Horses and Saltpeter.

You're jumping the gun on the city, though. Every city except Choxorn's Oases that is named after someone is named after someone who has posted in this thread (well, okay, Thunderfall, but if it weren't for Thunderfall there probably wouldn't be this story), and I haven't played any since your first post. There'll be more cities founded, so you may get a city/commune yet.

Well, I hope the Commercial Campaign goes well... :D If it's any encouragement, your power graph vs the Talented looks a lot like mine did as the Boer Republics vs the British Empire in my AoI game right before my third war with Britain. AFTER my third war with Britain, let's just say that things shifted slightly. :D

Really? That's reassuring... I think. I'll have to read your story. I liked your Playground Mod one way back when, but haven't had enough time to read hardly any lately.

I have used that same strategy many times successfully, massive numbers of horsemen all upgraded to cavalry is always useful. It's a shame you aren't going to use an army though:D.

It's a shame the AI can't use armies effectively, or at all in Conquests. One thing I've noticed is that stories tend to turn into steamrollers once the human has tons of armies and the AI doesn't, and that tends to be rather boring, so I've decided not to use them at all here. Generally my policy is to only use armies I get from Leaders (not the Military Academy), but in a game where the AI is supposed to have advantages and not the human, the armies were too much of a Wrath of the Human element.

Great story :) I've been reading it for a while. Do you know all the civs at this point or are there any that you don't know.
Good luck with your upcoming war with the Commercial :D

Really? That's reassuring... I think. I'll have to read your story. I liked your Playground Mod one way back when, but haven't had enough time to read hardly any lately.

Well, let me put it this way.... Here is a World Map at the Begining of the Game (January, 1895):

....And here is a World map as of December, 1909:

It's a shame the AI can't use armies effectively, or at all in Conquests. One thing I've noticed is that stories tend to turn into steamrollers once the human has tons of armies and the AI doesn't, and that tends to be rather boring, so I've decided not to use them at all here. Generally my policy is to only use armies I get from Leaders (not the Military Academy), but in a game where the AI is supposed to have advantages and not the human, the armies were too much of a Wrath of the Human element.

Actually, a number of mods get around this quite nicely: In Age of Imperialism, El Justo has the "Battle created unit" be the army, meaning that you automatically get an army instead of a GL.... The downside of this is that you can only have ONE army at a time, but still....

In the Warhammer Fantasy Battles mod and the Final Fantasy mod, the Military Academy is buildable WITHOUT needing a victorious army (FWIW, I usually had abysmal luck popping MGLs in the game, and was unable to get even ONE in any of my games prior to getting Civ III Conquests :lol:), and it, in turn, generates an Army every 32 turns, so the AI gets access to Armies at the same rate the human players do. I had to tweak the Army and other unit settings because I also have "Army" units that are actually regular units that are set up to ACT like armies, and are also auto-produced by small wonders... In one of the earlier play tests I ran, one of the AI civs loaded THREE of these UBER units into an army and proceeded to steamroll two other factions! :eek:

You're jumping the gun on the city, though. Every city except Choxorn's Oases that is named after someone is named after someone who has posted in this thread (well, okay, Thunderfall, but if it weren't for Thunderfall there probably wouldn't be this story), and I haven't played any since your first post. There'll be more cities founded, so you may get a city/commune yet.

Yay.. lol. Hey, a question, do you have a Unique Unit? And if so, what is it?

The first moves towards the goal of taking over the Commercial come in 1570, when 30 troops, mostly Pikemen, Medieval Infantry, and Cannons but also including a Swordsman, beginning to move south from Phoenix and Thunderfall. There's still jungle in most of the border areas in the north, and an occupied Barricade in the one tile where there isn't, so the whole of the north won't be occupied immediately if something bad does happen.

Not an ideal location for Shakespeare's Theatre, really, but it'll get them culture.

It's now 1582. Looks like the Urban will be in Monarchy for awhile.

Five years later. Though small and weak on land, the Seafaring are still powerful on water, and this spells the end of Urban oceangoing hopes.

My plans hit a bit of a snag in 1590, when I notice this along my southern frontier:

Industrial Age cities! They still lack Military Tradition, and, thankfully, Nationalism. I decide to accelerate my plans a bit - I already have 22 Horsemen, so I'll have enough to upgrade to make a good attack. Currently Military Tradition is due in 4 turns at a 421 GPT surplus, with 2215 in the bank. I accelerate it to finish in 1600, two turns from now, at a 45 GPT defecit. That should still give my foot troops just enough time to reach the front.

I trade for the Urban territory map in 1590 as well, and at last have a clear picture of the front in their war with the Utopians.

So much pollution! They make the skies in most Industrial Age civilizations look clean! But even with all their pillaged roads and filthy lands, they've still got the population to make conquest very hard for the Utopians.

Back at home, my Settler who was thwarted earlier has reached the new location in which he will settle, in the middle of the Big Jungle. Although tempted to call the new settlement No Man's Land after what it will likely be someday, a different, less ominous, and more mystical name is settled upon instead:

Oddly, the Talented borders retreat after the founding of the city father than would seem necessary.

If I expanded aggressively I could probably force my way all the way to the unclaimed fish. But I'm not sure how much farther into the Big Jungle I really want to expand now that the Talented thwarted my original plans to control most of it themselves.

The Urban come back to the negotiation table in 1592, apparently pleased with the results of our first trade. They seek to trade World Maps. They value theirs at about 1300 gold, and we are able to strike this deal:

I'm quite impressed by what I learn. There's a lot of land on the mystery continent. And more Talented land up north than I had realized. Makes me look tiny by comparison.

The Virtuous are the largest civilization on the mystery continent, and it turns out the Industrial were on the other side of the continent from their conquerers the Defenders. The middle of the continent is a patchwork of cities, and there is an inland lake of good size in the eastern part of the Aerial territory. There also is a Talented town right smack in the middle of the jungle on that continent - by Dyes, of course. No one else yet has Adventurers, so no one else could settle it, so the Talented took up the opportunity.

The turn of the century sees the completion of Military Tradition as planned. Magnetism will take a bit longer than planned as I need even more gold than I have to upgrade 28 Horsemen. Half are upgraded this turn; the rest will be over the following few turns.

The centennial statistics report shows that we're still improving in most areas, but noticeably more slowly in many. We're certainly approaching the limits given our current size and technological state. Technology will come of its own, but perhaps not quickly enough to guarantee our survival without gaining some additional land as well. Victory in the coming war will be essential.

By 1615, I've upgraded 25 of my 28 Horsemen, and am getting some Cavalry produced, so I'm ready to begin the invasion. The Commercial still lack Riflemen or Cavalry, so the timing couldn't be better.

First, however, seeing that my luxury-exporting deals have ended, I decide to shop around and see if I can't get some luxuries to increase happiness before the eventual war-weariness decline. And happily enough, I'm able to do just that thanks to a deal with the Hippophiliacs.

Then, with eighteen Cavalry ready in Theryman's Plains, and seven plus a bunch of foot troops ready in Reallocation, I launch my attack.

The town of Loan will be the first to see what Intelligent Cavalry can do.

Not very much! Hopefully the next brigade will do a better job of making sure they pay.

Better! It ends up taking five Cavalry to defeat three Musketmen, but none die. Loan is razed, four-fifths of the Cavalry are able to retreat to Theryman's Plains, and another attack is launched, this one on Exporting.

One Cavalry dies this time, but they still generally do a good job of knowing when to retreat. Exporting is razed as well, and again the injured Cavalry retreat. Down to seven fresh Cavalry in Theryman's Plains and having more ground between the city and Commercial territory than they can cross in one turn and still get back to safety, I decide to play it safe and leave the city of Promissory Note alive for now.

On the western front, my ground troops move forward towards Anchor and dig in, while my Cavalry stay behind to reinforce if need be, or to strike another city if not needed at Anchor. A Spearman from Bills, rather than being retired, captures to the northeast of the main forces.

And after a very successful, if somewhat conservative, first strike, I let the Commercial do what they will.

But diplomacy comes first, with the Utopians demanding an extra 9 GPT to keep exporting Gems. Not wanting to lose them and having the money, I accede. Immediately afterwards, the Urban inform me they require an extra 4 GPT to continue exporting Furs. Slightly annoyed by now, I agree again. Looks like this'll probably be happening again in 1717 AD.

My troops do not come under attack, however. A Knight rushes to reinforce Anchor, but otherwise the Commercial do little. Happiness skyrockets to 85% in 1620 thanks to the Hippophiliac silks and war happiness, and things are looking bright.

At the time of my next attack, against Anchor, more than 90% of my Cannons are outside the city, and 80% of those hit - one of the best artillery performances I've had in a long time. Makes the 330 gold upgrade cost from Trebuchets worth it. After their success, my Medieval Infantry charge home.

The photographed one dies, but the redlined Musketmen and the Longbow can't do anything to the rest and Anchor falls easily. I capture this city rather than razing it, as that gives me control of one of their two sources of Horse. Later I may relocate it, but for now that's very important, because I happen to be able to take out their other source of Horse as well.

Yee-haw! Now if they want Cavalry they're going to have to pay an arm and a leg for it! The Cavalry that pillaged those Horses is doomed, but his sacrifice shall not be in vain.

My Medieval Infantry continue to clean up the area around Anchor, and I then send my Cavalry at Reallocation at the city of Pound, whose area I had planned to resettle a millenium ago, only to lose the location to the Commercial.

My Cavalry struggle, with two dying, but the city is eventually razed. Once again my injured Cavalry are able to retreat, so the overall losses will still be fairly low.

The Commercial troops finally start arriving at the front in 1622, first attacking my most advanced Medeival Infantry.

They win there, kill another Medieval Infantry in the area, and kill the Cavalry that pillaged their last Horses. They then send a Knight right into Anchor.

My Musketman is redlined, but wins. But it looks like they want to make Anchor the primary battleground.

And really, they should. It has Horses and Incense, both of which they are used to having, and they really need Horses.

1625 begins with the founding of two new cities on the western front, the optimistically named Sweet Victory and Tuba Town. I then send my Cavalry forwards to take Promissory Note.

My Cavalry take some more losses, but once again overcome the defenders and capture the fifth city of the war. A Frigate is sunk in the harbor, and the city razed. Already the Commercial have taken a good hit, and I hope to make that sting more by taking Gunwale this turn as well.

The amount of Regular Musketmen they have is killing them; about half of their Musketmen are regulars, perhaps even a bit more. With three Musketmen per city thus far, they just aren't strong enough garrisons to keep my Cavalry at bay.

Gunwale is captured and, like most towns, razed. By this point I'm short of Settlers. But one of the two I do have starts towards Gunwale to rebuild it. The other heads towards the former location of Pound; I'd like to build a couple squares northeast of it but the Talented city of Stern has sufficiently high culture that that is, unfortunately, impossible.

At Anchor, I hurry walls, move my Cannons inside the city and bombard, and send my Medieval Infantry to kill the troops closest the city. I manage to force all the troops at the gates back from the city.

By the newly founded Tuba Town, Cavalry attack a Musketman-Longbow pair caught off roads.

One Cavalry dies, but the pair are killed. Ten turns into the war, things are going as good as anyone could have hoped.

^update immediately above^

Great story :) I've been reading it for a while. Do you know all the civs at this point or are there any that you don't know.
Good luck with your upcoming war with the Commercial :D

We know all the civilizations at this point. See above for the war!

Well, let me put it this way.... Here is a World Map at the Begining of the Game (January, 1895):

....And here is a World map as of December, 1909:

Actually, a number of mods get around this quite nicely: In Age of Imperialism, El Justo has the "Battle created unit" be the army, meaning that you automatically get an army instead of a GL.... The downside of this is that you can only have ONE army at a time, but still....

In the Warhammer Fantasy Battles mod and the Final Fantasy mod, the Military Academy is buildable WITHOUT needing a victorious army (FWIW, I usually had abysmal luck popping MGLs in the game, and was unable to get even ONE in any of my games prior to getting Civ III Conquests :lol:), and it, in turn, generates an Army every 32 turns, so the AI gets access to Armies at the same rate the human players do. I had to tweak the Army and other unit settings because I also have "Army" units that are actually regular units that are set up to ACT like armies, and are also auto-produced by small wonders... In one of the earlier play tests I ran, one of the AI civs loaded THREE of these UBER units into an army and proceeded to steamroll two other factions! :eek:

Those are some interesting ways around it. Might try that some day. Do the AI usually use them effectively, though? They sure didn't in Vanilla/PTW most of the time. But as a compromise between no armies and human domination, it looks like it's about as good a balance as is possible.

Yay.. lol. Hey, a question, do you have a Unique Unit? And if so, what is it?

Nope, none at all. Only the Innovators, Hippophiliacs, Seafarers, Frisky, and Aerial have unique units (and all have more than one). And the Militaristic kind of do - they're the only ones who can get TOW, but they can only get them from a Wonder.

Ah. that puts you at a disadvantage. :D A city for me :D
Even if it is in jungle... Hey, still a city
lol

The difference between regulars and veterans becomes crystal clear in cavalry attacking muskets. Cavalry seem to win or retreat quite a bit more when attacking regulars, veterans win more and seem to reduce retreats drastically. Not to add any pressure here, but I hope you can make this a quick war, if they start building Rifles, it will get quite rough. Even regulars can really defend well against Cavalry. Artillery support will become critical then.

The difference between regulars and veterans becomes crystal clear in cavalry attacking muskets. Cavalry seem to win or retreat quite a bit more when attacking regulars, veterans win more and seem to reduce retreats drastically. Not to add any pressure here, but I hope you can make this a quick war, if they start building Rifles, it will get quite rough. Even regulars can really defend well against Cavalry. Artillery support will become critical then.

Oh yes, I'm well aware that Rifles are pretty much the end of progress. I doubt I'll be able to take over their whole empire before they get Rifles, but I hope to get a good bit more yet.

Ah. that puts you at a disadvantage. :D A city for me :D
Even if it is in jungle... Hey, still a city
lol

Also, the talented are afraid of that city, that's why the borders retreated so much. :)

:lol: The upside of your city's location is that it may well be in the news in the future. The downside is that is may well be in the news in the future.

His rule in this story: no armies.

Top Bottom