Quot Capita

I get the CTDs during 1500 AD...

@ avain

I'll have a savegame for you when I get home from work today.

essi, what did you change from default? Is it v4.1?
I cannot load your savegame.

This probably isn't related, but I notice from looking at the SaveGame in an editor, RevDCM is using perfectWorld 201, and PerfectWorld is currently at 203.

Also from what I have seen in the VD thread I believe, the Leaderheads are one of the primary causes of MAFs - especially if you add a lot of them. When I install BlueMarble - I disable its modified leaderheads as well.

essi2, I managed to (auto)play for 100 turns more... The only thing I can think about is that you have less memory/video memory, in which case I'd advise you to not install/delete the Leaders component (and the fpk!), since it could help easy the memory requirements

I attached the savegame for you, you could try to load it:

Attachments

• Espen AD-1840.CivBeyondSwordSave
    873.9 KB · Views: 77
This probably isn't related, but I notice from looking at the SaveGame in an editor, RevDCM is using perfectWorld 201, and PerfectWorld is currently at 203.

Also from what I have seen in the VD thread I believe, the Leaderheads are one of the primary causes of MAFs - especially if you add a lot of them. When I install BlueMarble - I disable its modified leaderheads as well.

And I thought that RevDCM updated that map? Anyway, I'll update it for the next version

Yes, the additional LHs cause MAF problems unfortunattely.

ADDITIONAL CIVILIZATIONS

NOTE: attempt this if you are somewhat competent in fiddling with Mods. I intend to add the VD civs to QC's easy installer but it'll take time

If you want to install the additional civs from Varietas Delectat, here is the current working procedure (later I'll improve their installers so it'll be easier)

- install the civilization for VD (please use the Modern Era support option)
- create a Civilizations folder under Quot Capita/Assets/Modules
- copy the civilization's folder from Varietas Delectat/Assets/Modules to Quot Capita/Assets/Modules/Civilizations
- copy the civilizations FPK file from Varietas Delectat/Assets to Quot Capita/Assets
- if there's no FPK, you have to copy the art files
- you might need to edit the MLF file in QC modules folder so that the Civilizations folder gets loaded
- repeat for any other civ you want to play with

PLAY! ;)

I have 4GB of RAM and 512VRAM and I have atleast 2GBs of RAM available at all times... is VD that much more of a load?

In WinXP CIV wont even use 2GB of ram unless you do one of the MAF workarounds. I don't recall where it is, as I never bookmarked it... I prefer Win2K and only use 2GB of Ram.

Not sure about running CIV in Vista/Win7 or WinXP 64 bit - likely in those cases no workaround is needed... but that may not be the case since CIV is a 32bit application.

I have 4GB of RAM and 512VRAM and I have atleast 2GBs of RAM available at all times... is VD that much more of a load?

I have the same specs.
Did you try to load the savegame I provided? Was it ok?

ADDITIONAL CIVILIZATIONS

If you want to install the additional civs from Varietas Delectat, here is the current working procedure (later I'll improve their installers so it'll be easier)

- install the civilization for VD (please use the Modern Era support option)
- create a Civilizations folder under Quot Capita/Assets/Modules
- copy the civilization's folder from Varietas Delectat/Assets/Modules to Quot Capita/Assets/Modules/Civilizations
- copy the civilizations FPK file from Varietas Delectat/Assets to Quot Capita/Assets
- extract and overwrite the file in Quot Capita/Assets/Modules/ with the one attached to this post
- repeat for any other civ you want to play with

PLAY! ;)

I'm confused. I downloaded VD and installed it. I went to its Module folder. But I found no Civ names. Just VD and Cityartstyles folders.

thanks for introducing me to the mastery victory condition, it's a game changer for me and i wouldn't have known about it otherwise.

is anyone interested in playing a QC succession game?

I'm confused. I downloaded VD and installed it. I went to its Module folder. But I found no Civ names. Just VD and Cityartstyles folders.

Oh, but you need to download and install the additional civs separately, you'll find links to them from the main VD post (or check my sig)!

thanks for introducing me to the mastery victory condition, it's a game changer for me and i wouldn't have known about it otherwise.

Yes, it's a great component and feels like a natural victory condition!

I have the same specs.
Did you try to load the savegame I provided? Was it ok?

I didn't get around to trying the save game you provided, but I'll do it asap. (I sometime get lost in Warhammer Online and forget everything else:crazyeye: )

EDIT:

Good news is I'm not getting a CTD with your save game, bad new is I'm getting a memory allocation error in-game. Reason: Bad Allocation.

Is there a simple way to use the Mastery victory condition with other mods? I saw a thread where you posted the source, Avain, but I wouldn't know what to do with that.

I have a problem, and I am sure that I could find the solution, if I would know what to search for.. "no letters" doesn't work, anyway:

I have no letters when I load the mod :D I found some tips for "no interface", but I have an interface, and all the numbers are shown. If I mouse over a tile of grassland it reads ", 2:food:". I have no text in the menu and e.g. mousing over an icon for unit actions only reads <F>, without the action. The F is shown...

Civ Complete with BTS 3.1.9, Vista 32 SP2

vanilla Bts works fine, running as admin and with NoCustomAssets = 1 and NoCustomArt = 1 (following the tips for "no interface").

Any ideas? Other mods, those that come with bts, work fine.

I didn't get around to trying the save game you provided, but I'll do it asap. (I sometime get lost in Warhammer Online and forget everything else:crazyeye: )

EDIT:

Good news is I'm not getting a CTD with your save game, bad new is I'm getting a memory allocation error in-game. Reason: Bad Allocation.

That's bad:( - I'd suggest you play without the Leaderhead addon, and also try with less civs, lesser map sizes...

Is there a simple way to use the Mastery victory condition with other mods? I saw a thread where you posted the source, Avain, but I wouldn't know what to do with that.

Well, unfortunately it's not such an easy procedure even if the mod in question is not using a custom dll -> python merge is also needed...
You might try suggesting the mod maker to integrate it thou...

I have a problem, and I am sure that I could find the solution, if I would know what to search for.. "no letters" doesn't work, anyway:

I have no letters when I load the mod :D I found some tips for "no interface", but I have an interface, and all the numbers are shown. If I mouse over a tile of grassland it reads ", 2:food:". I have no text in the menu and e.g. mousing over an icon for unit actions only reads <F>, without the action. The F is shown...

Civ Complete with BTS 3.1.9, Vista 32 SP2

vanilla Bts works fine, running as admin and with NoCustomAssets = 1 and NoCustomArt = 1 (following the tips for "no interface").

Any ideas? Other mods, those that come with bts, work fine.

I'm wondering if you are using other language than English? Unfortunately I can only support the English version...

*sigh*

Problem solved, thanks! ;-) I replaced the CivilizationIV.ini with a backup and didn't notice the language change...

Top Bottom