Version 2.7 discussion

one more thing now that we finally got internet bk up my phone has been disconnected...thankfully on same day and not b4, sux not working, imma play and get bk to yall latr with any suggestions and errors

kk bk again just allowing publicmaps didn't work but i put in the private maps folder and it worked yay

also some of you mite like the script cause it allows for setting up more continents..how many spaces seperate them, the percentageof ocean, also lets you set up mt and hill placement, and if you puter can handle it overrides the size of the world, as an example you can use the large setting but play on a world greater then huge so your restricted to large settings but with more actual area, an example of which is a event that requires say 7 buildings on large but 15on huge would be 7 still but ... you get the idea...its "planet.generator ver.6.8" ithink

is there any way to edit the scoreboard so it shows the civ's dynamic name? you can do it in Rhyse and Fall by editing the cvMainInterface file but it is different in RoM and it isnt an option in the BUG mod.

5) Any requests?
- I'm still not adding new resources or religions. However new Corporations could finally surface but it's probably as difficult task as adding religions so I might not go with this route... I've also had this idea of converting most of the production buildings into small corporations but the gamefont files might not have enough corporation slots for this idea (this is part of bigger idea of redesigned resource system ). Perhaps this will be something to consider in versions after v2.7...

If not a new resource then atleast a random spawn like tin or black pearls do.

Alternative to Cow
- Goat
- Oxen
- Yak (Tundra terrain only)

Alternatives to Fur
- Chinchilla
- Fox
- Mink
- Sea Otter (Coast terrain only)

Alternative to Horse
- Camel (Desert terrain only)
- Donkey
- Llama

Alternative to Pig
- Chicken
- Duck
- Goose
- Turkey

Alternative to Sheep
- Alpaca
- Angora Rabbit

Alternative to Sugar
- Honey Bees

And if you can only add one it probably should be the chicken since that is a major resource in human history.

Also is it possible to set up a general resource such as "livestock" and then upon map creation pick the type? Such as a shared graphic but the label of it is diffrent?

playing 2.7 for ver3.19 and having a slight problem..the brewery national wonder says can build 3 but never lets you get more then 2, upon building a third one of the other 2 disappear

other then that game plays good so far, altho only in medieval era so far but gettin close to optics

playing 2.7 for ver3.19 and having a slight problem..the brewery national wonder says can build 3 but never lets you get more then 2, upon building a third one of the other 2 disappear

other then that game plays good so far, altho only in medieval era so far but gettin close to optics

Its a problem with multi national wonders. It is fixed in 2.71 by only allowing 1 national wonder ;)

well i hate to say it but i'm playing 2.71 now and the brewery is still saying it allows 3 but well only 2 can be built

also i dont know if its intentional or not but galleys and triemes can cross oceans..i dont know if it was at start or not but they could long before i learned optics
well nevermind i just found the notes and see it is intentional

well i hate to say it but i'm playing 2.71 now and the brewery is still saying it allows 3 but well only 2 can be built

also i dont know if its intentional or not but galleys and triemes can cross oceans..i dont know if it was at start or not but they could long before i learned optics
well nevermind i just found the notes and see it is intentional

im not liking this feature. it is great on standard maps but any Earth Scenairio and there is only usualy one space of ocean between siberia/alaska and greenland/iceland so it is very easy to get over to the new world even in early ages.

If not a new resource then atleast a random spawn like tin or black pearls do.

Alternative to Cow
- Goat
- Oxen
- Yak (Tundra terrain only)

Alternatives to Fur
- Chinchilla
- Fox
- Mink
- Sea Otter (Coast terrain only)

Alternative to Horse
- Camel (Desert terrain only)
- Donkey
- Llama

Alternative to Pig
- Chicken
- Duck
- Goose
- Turkey

Alternative to Sheep
- Alpaca
- Angora Rabbit

Alternative to Sugar
- Honey Bees

And if you can only add one it probably should be the chicken since that is a major resource in human history.

Also is it possible to set up a general resource such as "livestock" and then upon map creation pick the type? Such as a shared graphic but the label of it is diffrent?

this is the general 2.7 discussion thread so let me add to Hydromancerx's thoughts with this idea: should resources be generalized more? for example areas of the world are lets say "Citrus" prone to agriculture that includes lemons, limes, and all things citrus. "Natural and cultivated origin hybrids include commercially important fruit such as the oranges, grapefruit, lemons, some limes, and some tangerines." [see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citrus]. Drop Apples and Lemons and just call them Citrus? Like livestock, let it be the higher leveled definition rather than specific breeds?

Hemp is unique... so there are some commercial harvests that are individual in nature, like Horses... Cocoa would be a type not included that is very region specific and unique. Hence their value should be higher, like Coca from South America. Imagine that one! Ouch! :crazyeye:

Also what about resource loss? For example the Buffalo of the American west was a definitely specific resource but it ran out, much like some Tuna or Cod fishing has done globally. Could resources vanish in CIV? they spawn/birth over time with odds, but what about them vanishing? this historically has devastated civilizations so it is accurate to lose resources, imagine the horror!

i wish i had a better general classification groupings so i will look for this, the internet can suck up hours trying to find a simple listing of commercial viable crops so i shall hunt... :hammer2:

any thoughts of messing with Mountains? the notion of a terrain being impassible is absurd... in my humble opinion Mountains should end movement when entered, always cost a turn to pass a single Mountain hex, require certain units to enter only [think US Army 10th Mountain Division ref. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mountain_warfare] and have certain specific attributes from mining bonuses to recreational benefits...

ask Hannibal if Mountains are impassible?

Does the St. Bernard tunnel exist? [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_St_Bernard_Tunnel]

Mountains, the next frontier... lets open that biotch up! :lol:

any thoughts of messing with Mountains? the notion of a terrain being impassible is absurd... in my humble opinion Mountains should end movement when entered, always cost a turn to pass a single Mountain hex, require certain units to enter only [think US Army 10th Mountain Division ref. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mountain_warfare] and have certain specific attributes from mining bonuses to recreational benefits...

ask Hannibal if Mountains are impassible?

Does the St. Bernard tunnel exist? [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_St_Bernard_Tunnel]

Mountains, the next frontier... lets open that biotch up! :lol:

Perhaps you are looking for this?

Zappara already has said he lacks SDK knowledge, but in the future, when Jooyo's DLL gets sorted out, I plan on including it as a modmod.

Perhaps you are looking for this?

Zappara already has said he lacks SDK knowledge, but in the future, when Jooyo's DLL gets sorted out, I plan on including it as a modmod.

thank you, i hope it gets fully integrated, i do fear modmods and what they can do/unravel. i will probe... :scan:

reading more into that link i see this and it is a reason why i dont mess with this type of thing:

"Installation
- Unpack it to your Civ4\Beyond the Sword\Mods folder.
- Game Menu: Advanced--Load a Mod--Mountains."

so i cannot use it AND use RoM? in essence it loads as its own mod? and this is why you said you will make it a modmod, therefore compatible within RoM?

i for one cannot play CIV unless it is RoM, maybe LoR... but with RoM i cannot turn back and play anything vanilla again!

Also what about resource loss? For example the Buffalo of the American west was a definitely specific resource but it ran out, much like some Tuna or Cod fishing has done globally. Could resources vanish in CIV? they spawn/birth over time with odds, but what about them vanishing? this historically has devastated civilizations so it is accurate to lose resources, imagine the horror!

My (ahem) beef with Civ is that most resources are static in the sense that you can't move a vein of bauxite ore, some resources can be. Any living animal can be transported to another area that lacks them.

I'm not sure how it could be done, or even made to be worth it, but it seems that some sort of national wonder that could be built as long as you had access to a Civ with that resource (sheep, pigs, horses). Since most tiles get worked pretty quickly, I doubt it would be worth it to have this new resource start to show up randomly so perhaps after building this resource you could have access to a building that would generate this resource. Obviously these would have to be very expensive and limited or otherwise you'd have every city cranking out the horse resource.

Anyway, I just think it odd that I can play RoM and own all of Africa and have trade relations to most Civ's on the planet, yet somehow I can't beg, borrow or steal a few horses to make up for the lack of them on my map spawn.

Not to make a long post longer, but another thing that might be worth looking into is that farm tiles used for a long time (game year turns) might start to become desert like the Global Warming effect due to over-farming. I mean the "fertile crescent" is now mostly a desert and it wasn't till very late with the introduction of crop rotation did farmers have a tool to keep soil erosion down.

IIRC zappara said that there were like 8 events that still had problems. Had something to to with the Better AI stuff, I think...or the RevDcm stuff, no sure now which one.

JosEPh

IIRC zappara said that there were like 8 events that still had problems. Had something to to with the Better AI stuff, I think...or the RevDcm stuff, no sure now which one.

JosEPh

since this is really the general discussion thread, i for one think there are Events that are way too much game shifting in balance particular to units getting experience upgrades. i love events, dont get me wrong.

giving all units a certain upgrade is deadly... i mean there are some units that come out of production already 4 or 5 upgrades (thinking Japanese with Aggressive/Protective). adding PINCH or something is just piling on.

i wish i knew about events cause i for one would like them triggered only when a civilization is far behind (this comes from the old school Avalon Hill Advanced Civilization board game which ran on no dice whatsoever [think no random effects but triggered effects], and rigged calamities upon balance factors such as a civil war never hurt a minor civ but could actually add to it; effects that would reduce you to 4 cities meaning smaller civs were unaffected -- i enjoy this type of game balancing where the weaker civs get some unexpected benefit).

i say mellow out events. unless of course they are for humans in which case, well, i will enjoy the hypocrisy. :goodjob:

for measure i shall investigate how you all make events work so i am not just another piss and moaner, but i love the notion of events working to help the weaker civs. :run:

i do like to say events that cost 15 gold to subside are really just distractions, for example losing a farm or paying 10 gold? who doesnt pay the gold? beef up the pain and then it can cause some consideration... :devil:

Obviously these would have to be very expensive and limited or otherwise you'd have every city cranking out the horse resource.

Anyway, I just think it odd that I can play RoM and own all of Africa and have trade relations to most Civ's on the planet, yet somehow I can't beg, borrow or steal a few horses to make up for the lack of them on my map spawn.

Check out my (almost finished) Guilds. They'll provide resources that (oddly) are hard to come by (glass, horse, marble) plus a couple of new ones (carpentry, cloth, medicine).

Its right here ;)

Top Bottom