Mazera Mega Story Thread

Is anyone even reading this? It's getting kinda boring without some kind of feedback and interaction. I might just be being antsy and all. But yeah, if you're following this thread, let me know and contribute if you'd like. :D

Yeah, people might be reading it. Just remember that the Lore Forum gets relativly few visitors.
Odd twist on the Hamstalfar, though.

I am reading your stories, I just lurk usually though. Theres a link to this thread in xienwolfs signature too :lol:

Cypher, you are trying to scout me into writing here? I feel loved :love:

Here's the next story.

Updated the map and put the legend in correctly. It contains several civilizations, some you've seen, some you haven't, and some that may not even be able to start an official nation.

Spoiler :
Spider's Web

Corane paced back and forth in front of the prisoner. He looked the man over and was disgusted by what he saw. His hair was dirty and knotted. His clothes looked like patchwork and his skin was dirty enough to make even slaves cringe. The man was caught sneaking through the fortress walls with bundles of military papers. He was beaten and promptly brought to Corane for questioning. "You've come all this way. Traveled the great mountains. Gone through the haunted forest. All to try to spy on us. Tell me. What is it that you have come for?"
The prisoner merely looked down, staunchly remaining quiet. "Very well, then. Agnir, show him what happens when prisoners do not comply." A rather gruff looking Archosian nodded and grabbed one of the prisoner's hands. He held it to the ground and pulled out a wicked-looking knife. The prisoner screamed as his fingers were sliced through with the knife. He fell to the ground, clutching his now fingerless hand, sobbing and crying to Junil. "Now. Will you tell me why you have come all this way?"
The prisoner merely spat on Corane's shoes and cursed Mother. "You dare insult Mother, you ingrate!?" Corane smacked the prisoner across the face. "Nobody, and I repeat, nobody insults Mother. Cut off his other fingers." The prisoner screamed and protested as the guards held his other hand to the ground. He screamed even louder as Agnir sliced the fingers off his hand. Corane grabbed the prisoner by the hair and held him up to look him in the eye. "Now tell me! Who are you!? Where did you come from!? Why are you here?"
The prisoner sobbed slightly and held his now mangled hands close to his chest. "I...I was sent to spy on you. Learn your tactics, but that's all I know." Corane nodded silently then kicked the prisoner in the stomach. "Tell me all of it! All the truth!" The prisoner began openly sobbing and crying hysterically. "I was to learn your military formations and your resources! I was to learn your plans and report them to my master! I was to find weaknesses in your defenses! I swear that's all I know!" As he finished yelling he curled up on the stone floor, which was slowly becoming stained with his blood.
Corane held his hands behind his back and bent over to speak to the prisoner. "And who, might I ask, is your master? Or must we sever..Other things?" The prisoner screamed at this and yelled "Capria! Capria! It was Capria, I swear!" Corane stood up looking satisfied and turned to Agnir. "Have our scribes recorded this session?" Agnir nodded and grabbed a chart from a nearby Archosian. "The whole thing. The questioning, commission of guilt, everything." Agnir looked up at Corane. "What shall we put as his sentence, mi lord?"
Corane looked at the whimpering man before him. "Throw him to the spiders. I am sure Mother is hungry and wishes for a more..Exotic meal." With that, Corane strode into his throne room and closed the doors behind him. Agnir and some fellow soldiers lifted the sobbing wreck and threw him into a dark hole. Amongst the screams of agony, you could hear the hissing of creatures and the sound of their many legs converging on their screaming meal.

IF there was any uglier building than the Fietz manor, I haven't seen it. If such building did exist, it would probably hidden somewhere. Somewhere like Jubilee and not, like the Fietz manor, splattered on the rolling parkland near Kwythellar. The original estate consisted of hundreds of acres which were the jewel of Kwythellar but years of complete idiocy and blitheringness have reduced it to current state, an ill-kempt bundle of wood, with lawns filled with debris left over from desparate attempt to raise money: A carnival that even Amatheon forsook, a zoo that seemed to have been quite cursed by Cernunnos, and for more recent occupants, futuristic business park with only one occupant- a faltering jewelery, now cast adrift by the parent shop in Kwythellar and thought to be the only such shop making a loss within 100 miles of the city.

You could find a trillion ton worth of Mithril under that manor, and you can count on the fact that within couple of years, it would be operating at a loss, and would require selling of family tin to keep it afloat. Of course, family silver was gone long time ago, along with most of the family. Disease, alcohol, poorly maintained roads, and to put it simply, pure imbecility has reduced that Fietz to almost none.

Oh, and what else, oh yeah. It was haunted.

ENOUGH with the wretched building.

The point is that this was the area that the wildman appeared in. The Wildmen for somereason unknown to the mortalkind were always targetted by the local law enforcement, kinda the way that drives girls mad. Only in this case, somewhat different from what you would normally expect from that term.

It has been speculated by the many experts of this area that the reason why the wildmen were such feared creature was because, quite frankly, because they were wildmen.

At least they won't even survive a year in Fietz manor, some claimed. Some even went on to claim that the wildmen was becoming smarter, they knew that all efforts to capture them in that area would result in an embarassing failure.

Imaginitive people claim that there aren't anything supernatural going around in the area, but just a guy playing around.

Wow. That's an excellent story, Seon. It makes me wonder what's really going on in that manor. Are you ever gonna tell us, do we get to decide, or is it just going to remain a mystery?

All attempts to find out what is going on in the manor have, so far, failed. Miserably. One expedition was known to have been eaten by vicious ponies from Jubilee. Another took a detour and went to their sister's house.

All attempts to find out what is going on in the manor have, so far, failed. Miserably. One expedition was known to have been eaten by vicious ponies from Jubilee. Another took a detour and went to their sister's house.

Well, then. In that case.

Spoiler :
Fietz Manor

"Go on, Reo. Go knock on the door!" Joseph pushed Reo towards the door of the Fietz Manor. They had always liked adventure and thrills so when they heard that the Fietz Manor could be haunted, they instantly decided to check it out.
"I don't know, man. Even the elders seem afraid of the place. Why would an old manor frighten them if there wasn't something evil inside it?" Reo pushed Joseph back and stepped away from the manor door. It didn't feel right, standing outside this manor. As if something inside it was wrong, like it shouldn't be there.
"Fine, you baby. I'll do it. What could possibly hurt us in an old manor?" Joseph stepped forward and opened the manor door slowly. Nothing roared at them, nothing charged out to rend them, there wasn't even a sound. Just the sound of a squeaky door and the nervous breating of the boys. "See? There's nothing there! Let's go in." Reo shook his head at this statement.
"No. No. I refuse. You go in, I'm staying out here." Reo backed up and crossed his arms defiantly. Joseph looked annoyed and looked back inside the manor. It was dark and dusty, with cobwebs hanging from the corners of the ceiling. He turned back to Reo with a grin.
"Fine. I'll tell you how much fun you missed when I come back out." With that, he turned and entered the manor. The door closed behin him and Reo sat on the ground outside the manor, waiting for his friend to return. Minutes passed and there was no screaming, no sounds of something going wrong. Hours passed and Reo was still waiting for his friend. He stood and called for Joseph, but heard no sound. He reached to open the door, but a sudden feeling of dread filled him. If he opened that door, something horrible would happen to him. He turned and ran, to tell the elders what happened and somehow save his friend.
A group of the city guard was sent to the manor later. There was no sign of Joseph in the house. No body, no blood, nothing. It was just an old, dusty manor. They called off the search, declaring Joseph as simply a young boy, lost in his exploring in the forest and will soon return. No one ever saw Joseph again after he entered Fietz Manor.

Edit: Erased the Hamstalfar and put them as a conflict in the southeastern area of the Ljosalfar. They aren't strong enough.

Trusting the Lanun? OF course not. Just look at them, an eyepatch and a overcoat? They are obviously hiding something. Possibly something about your mom. And just look at their religion. Octopus Overlords? Those kinds of insane wizard vibe doesn't go well for your popularity. Nope. I definately do not trust those darn Lanun.

-A Lanun sailor on the book "The Complete history of Lanun"

Nightwatch Report on the Ljosalfar-Svartalfar War

The Svartalfar recently declared war on the Ljosalfar. Several of our scouts from outlying villages report massive pitched battles in the forests, with several forests being destroyed in the conflict. Further scouts sent to the villages found them in rubble. The bodies of the villagers and scouts were found among the ruins, a product of this blood war. As of so far, no other nations have attempted to reach out and resolve this conflict peacefully. It remains to be seen what will become the Elven nations.​

NIGHTWATCH REPORT ON RECENT ASSASSINATION

Archosian ruler, Daracaat, was found murdered recently. He was stabbed in the back while practicing with his iron club. The Archosian population is incensed as it is considered an insult to strike strike from behind. The leader of this anger is Daracaat's former adviser, Corane. Corane has taken Daracaat's old position and declared that he will find the assassin.​

Updating the world stage tomorrow! Get your stories in if you wanna influence the path it takes! [PLEA]Really, we need more stories in this thread. Hell, send me a PM and claim a civilization if you'd like. We could turn this into sort of a game. :D[/PLEA]

NIGHTWATCH REPORT ON SPIDER INFESTATION

There have been increased sightings on giant spiders on the outskirts of several towns and villages. They are vicious if they spot a potential victim and generally don't stop until their victim is dead. The death rate is unknown at this time, but the it is believed to be in the hundreds. The Balseraphs were the hardest hit, with many spiders being brought in as carnival attractions and then escaped from their poorly made cages. The reason behind this recent rash of action from the spiders of Erebus is unknown, but even the Archosian are baffled as to the cause. The Bannor are suspicious of the Archosian for their affiliation with spiders, but have so far taken no action.​

I will be adding special landmarks to the map later that give certain bonuses. Several will be from the game and some you and I can just make up. I'll begin linking the stories to post two so it's easier to follow. Expect more updates to follow today. Cheers, brah! :goodjob:

Edit: Also, I'm gonna make it a bit like a game. If anyone would like to adopt a civ and direct where they go with their stories, just PM me. It can be like part FFHNES, part Story time, part something else.

Here's something I'm writing off the top of my head right now. Literally. I don't even know what I'm about to type. I haven't started. Let's see what we get.

Spoiler :
"No! No! They are not like the other the humans! When they come to battle, they come waving chickens, dancing, playing joyous music as if it was a festival of war. Our men charged on them, expecting an easy slaughter when the dancers pulled swords and began slaughtering our men. But the way they did it, it was unnatural. It was poetic, beautiful and horrible to watch. It was as if it was a dance of blood. They smiled and laughed gleefully as they rended our warriors' flesh. No, I won't go back! I refuse to go back! Those Balseraphs, there's something wrong. Hee hee. I know there is, I'll figure it out! Hee hee hee hee hee hee! I know!" - Last words of Xtung Strongmind, Muris Goblin scout

Not too bad.

Why would they wave chickens? Don't they know that chickens are divine? That doesn't seem an appropriate way to treat the little deities.

Top Bottom