Night of the Werewolves XXVII: Night of Blood

You are horribly mistaken. I shall never accuse someone wrongfully. I have a reason for everything I do. I am not the killer. I have never been a killer. And most importantly, I have a heart. I fail to see how I deem myself important or act like I am the boss at all. I have evidence. If I am killed (since I am innocent) it will be most harmful to the village, and most harmful to the killer. I am sorry if I angered you. I now see how important your husband was to you. Is there anything I can do to actually help you find the killer or help you feel better in any way?

The Horse Breeder is a dark-haired woman with a friendly face and an air of quiet competence that works wonders with her four-legged charges. Occasionally it also comes in handy with the two-legged variety.

civplayah, be calm, please. I know we're all on edge, but wild accusations will get us nowhere. And sprig -- oh, sprig ...

She trails off, gazing helplessly at the stricken woman. In the end she finds no words, and can only give her a brief but fierce hug before turning to face the others again.

Let us gather the villagers together. If there is a killer among us, he must face the rest of us and not hide. This injustice shall not pass!

The Widow relaxes a little, the Tool Mechant seems sincere enough. The offer to help find her husband's killer pieces her anger and shatters heart, she slumps to the ground with scone in hand and breaks into sobs once more.
"I don't know how to find my husband's killer"
She breaks down into even louder sobs
"*sob* Won't someone *sob* help me? *sob*"

If I am killed (since I am innocent) it will be most harmful to the village, and most harmful to the killer.

"What do you mean by this?"

Two eclairs, Winston, don't be stingy, I have money.

She takes the sweet treats in her hands, gives one to stee, and nibbles on the other as she walks off down the street.

Allow me to rephrase that. I meant that it would be helpful to the killer, not harmful. If the village hangs me, that's one less person for the killer to kill.

Oh sweet papa Izipo, whatever shall we do to protect ourselves from this wretched evil that has invaded the village? Hold me, papa!

The sheep-farmer is a weathered-looking brunette. She goes over to the horse breeder and joins her in comforting the bereaved woman
There, there, sprig. We all have to go sometime, he just went a little sooner than expected. Let me know if you need anything, we single women have to stick together. Sames goes for you, Renata. Have either of you seen IceKommander and TFA? I had this idea about mixed fiber clothing that just might work. Also, let me know if you see Sepuku, I might as well get some of my sheep slaughtered, several of the weaker ones won't last long with how cold this winter looks to get.

The wine merchant looks distressed

Oh my, this will not be good for business. Been running a debt for a while now and if I can't get this wine out of here I'd be as well as dead by these blasted werewolves here!

The Wine Farmer approaches the town center looking sweaty and tired from the his work. He doesn't need the additonal stress of worrying about murderers at this phase of his life.

Oh my poor sprig, its alright, hes in a better place now. If you need anything, please let me now.
Its everybody's duty to help out at a time like this.

The Wine Farmer sighs and his face reverts to a look of resignation.

It seems like just yesterday when my wife was alive, and the future looked as bright as the sun....
Now my fields bring less each new year, and there are killers loose in our fair village.

Taking a look at the Wine Merchant.

Well, while you are stuck here- can I interest you in purchasing some more of my wines? They are truly the finest fines to be found in these parts, you will not be disappointed.

If you need me, come to my house, im tired from the hours I spent in the fields and cellar this morning.

And with that, the Wine Farmer trekked off to lie down.

The horse-merchant Saunters in to join the growing conversation surrounding the cakes. He is tall, sporting a crimson cape, and, though he is now an elegant and reputed merchant, he has never lost the accent of his youth in the City of the Thousand slums... though some suspect he keeps the accent intentionally for the sole purpose of making his buyers and sellers more confident of thier ability over him.

Hot damn. 'S coo', bro. Cakes, huh? in light uh dis dead, I'm not sho' man dat's entirely appropriate... However, dey do likes fine supa fine. Maybe i'll indulge in one. Ms. Ho'sebreeder, If ah' may gots some wo'd in some mo'e, uh, secluded locashun? ah' have some business t'discuss, in de matta' of yo' ho'ses.

Pies?

What are we talking here?

Is that pork pies, apple pies, mince pies, or custard pies?

I could do with a new apron...

A proper meat pie. Along the lines of this. Your apron will be coming right up - due to the fabrics running out, we only have lime green, flourescent purple and hot pink linen. You good with that?

As much as I'm horrified to discover this, it turns out that Sepuku is the wolf - she told me as much herself!

And to think I was in love with her!

Somehow, she's fallen under the misapprehension that I'm going to join in her evil plans. But, no matter my feelings for her, I can't allow the people of this village to be massacred...

After all, if you lot die, who's going to buy my buns?

The Bard surveyed the scene, seeing many villagers a bit down because of the mayor's death.

"How about I play a song to cheer you all up a bit?"

She took out her harp and started a song supposed to rouse the villagers a bit.

The time for mourning is past,
The time for action ahead,

Let us find this monster fast,
For our failure will see us dead...

She shook her head. This wasn't working, not with the gloomy atmosphere in the village. Her songs worked better in the joyful, let's-not-think-too-hard-about-tomorrow atmosphere of her Hippus homeland, or among the Elohim who were very appreciative of artistry. Not with the danger ahead of them which left many villagers in fear about the monster, whatever it was.

It didn't help that the song was bad, either. She'd have to work on her improvisation as well.

The Paladin strode boldly into the middle of the village, surveying the upset people. He was shortly trying to wrap his mind around all the accusations and counter accusations flying around, before he decided it was all to complicated.

Fear not You People. This Village is now under my protection aand surely no Creature of the Darkness will dare to hurt you now.

Pleased with having raised the morale sufficiently he turned to Winston and asked" Surely you will have a nice pie for your protector.

"So... Baker? You're telling that your beloved is a wolf, and has just told you that? It seems mighty odd to me that she'd tell that to you outright, especially since the rest of the town can't wait to find that out!"

"Ah, well. Can't ignore such odd behaviour though. Haven't seen any evidence myself, so I'll refrain from accusing somebody for now. I'd like to hear your stories first... two star-crossed lovers always make for such great storytelling!"

As much as I'm horrified to discover this, it turns out that Sepuku is the wolf - she told me as much herself!

And to think I was in love with her!

This is true. Last week, I was out hunting with my father when we were attacked by a big wolf-man beast which bite me and then slew my father. I assume it left me for dead but I was found by my friends, Winston Hughes and Frozen in Ice who saved me and brought me back home.
I didn't know what would happen to me and while going through my father's belongings, I came accross a book all about werewolves. After reading though some, I realized that I have the symptoms of a werewolf!
I have killed nobody and haven't even transformed at all yet, and I wish all of you no harm at all. You are my friends, those that I have grown up with all my life and I would never wanna cause any of you harm.
I'm searching through this book now to find any sort of cure before anything happens...especially you Winston. You and Frozen have been close to me my whole life and it's even my goal in all this mess to make sure that you two survive, that's why I tried to ask for your help with this...please, this is not a choice of mine. I have heard of a great Wolf-Lord that was plagued by this affliction not by his choice...that he couldn't help it. I don't wanna be at that point. I would like to stop this before that happens to me.
At the moment, I am not transforming and suspect that there is another or several werewolves among us that are slaying people. This curse has given me a great strength and I wish to use it to help protect my fellow townspeople while I find a cure for this curse. Please, give me a chance to stop this while I can before I need to be killed, Please try to help me before just slaying me...this is not my choice and I do not wish to hurt any of you...please...

There's a couple of other things I didn't mention.

Firstly, Sepuku was talking about converting someone tonight. After she started talking all wolfy, I considered asking to be that person, but thought better of it.

Secondly, the message also went out to another person, who may or may not be guilty. I suggest that person gets in touch with me as soon as possible, to tell his side of the story.

(Edit: damned crosspost!)

Top Bottom