RevolutionDCM for BTS

They work just like before, the WoD does not take anything away, it just adds the option to break it down even more modular. Any xml you could use before can still be used.

For example, use this modmod for Rise of Mankind. I'm very confident that it can work in RevDCM too. Just follow installation instruction and the tutorial I provide to add in MLF entry.

It is just an example for your consideration, to base your own modmod off, if you want to.

EDIT: DO NOT INSTALL my modmod for Rise of Mankind in RevDCM. Merely look at it as an example. I said, "do not install" because it causes crash to desktop due to some missing files only found in Rise of Mankind.

Go here for my freely shared Ram unit, modded to fit in other mods (included the necessary art files).
Enjoy.

So to clarify, if I placed a Modular Civ into the Custom Civilizations folder, and Modular Loading was enabled by the ini, it would appear in the game? Or do I still need to enable it in the MLF file?

So to clarify, if I placed a Modular Civ into the Custom Civilizations folder, and Modular Loading was enabled by the ini, it would appear in the game? Or do I still need to enable it in the MLF file?

Just open the MLF loading file, add the entry with your custom civ's name. The rest of that entry should be perfect copy of the rest of entries in there.

Just open the MLF loading file, add the entry with your custom civ's name. The rest of that entry should be perfect copy of the rest of entries in there.

This is absolutely fantastic. Thanks to all for the help.

Random question: Has anyone updated any of the scenario maps to work with RevDCM251?

I know the "34 Civ" Rhys maps don't work anymore (likely just need to edit them to support 50 teams), but has anyone done it?

I am upgrading two mods integrated with RevDCM, is there a tutorial so I can learn more about this mod, what the changes are. One main thing is I want to turns revolutions off, for my Napoleon mod, is this possible?

I am upgrading two mods integrated with RevDCM, is there a tutorial so I can learn more about this mod, what the changes are. One main thing is I want to turns revolutions off, for my Napoleon mod, is this possible?

Don't tick the Revolution Option on the Custom Game/Scenario Screen. If you've already done the scenario simply open up the WBS file and delete a line near the top saying something like 'OPTION=REVOLUTIONS'.

Is there any chance this and all the mods that use it will have MP ability? So many people i know what to play it together.

I tested the BUFFY aka BUG mod and it worked in mp without an issue.

as does the BAT mod. The problem has to be in the revolution, dcm or woc portions.

Don't tick the Revolution Option on the Custom Game/Scenario Screen. If you've already done the scenario simply open up the WBS file and delete a line near the top saying something like 'OPTION=REVOLUTIONS'.
thanks man

Is there anyway to get RID of this, no offense( whomever did it) but i think its just a cluster __ __.

Or have an option to display or not?

Yeah it's in the options under PLE Plot List.

A minor bug: when hovering over leader names on the scoreboard, the pop-up has a duplication, i.e. "Contact Saladin of Arabian EmpireContact Saladin of Arabia"

Yeah it's in the options under PLE Plot List.

A minor bug: when hovering over leader names on the scoreboard, the pop-up has a duplication, i.e. "Contact Saladin of Arabian EmpireContact Saladin of Arabia"

Same thing when you hover over your own flag by the Minimap.

Currently Ranged Bombard can be lethal. This doesn't make sense to me as attacking with siege units is usually set not to be lethal, and has a max damage cap. Could you either a) Tie max damage from ranged bombard to the current XML defined max damage cap of the unit, or b) add a max damage cap tag to the RevDCM tags? Either one of these options is fine, but needs to be done in order to balance things out.

@Phungus
The damage seige do in range bombard is exactly the same as the collateral damage in vanilla BTS there is literally no difference. The real difference is in the probabilities of range bombard being successful. The way it is now, range bombard is a tactical tool that can be used in some situations, to weaken an enemy stack without costing seige materially, except in loosing the turn. It seems ok at the moment, because there is a fairly nice judgement that has to be made between the probability of successful range bombard verses a full on attacking move. Range bombard is a delicate thing to balance no question, particularly relative to the AI. So far, I have found only one theoretical exploit in range bombard, but have not practically demonstrated it yet because I push the difficulty levels as high as I can stand it against the AI. The loop hole against the AI, is to build forts in strategic choke locations and fortify it with some really capable defenders with attackers at the ready, but with a large stack stack of range bombard capable seige. When the AI marches through the range of these seige, even if range bombard has less than 50% odds of success, out of four stacked seige, even if there is only one successfully range bombard attack, the collateral damage should be sufficient to weaken the main throng of the enemy (not the head unit) and make them more vunerable than would otherwise be possible. In practice, if you turn the difficulty levels up, it's hard to make this work because of so many other competing urgencies, at least in my case. Please, thoughts are welcome.

@anyone
Jdog has sourceforged a little update to revolutions and we have a fix for project interdependencies it seems. I've been out of the shop for a while, any other news that might be relevant to RevDCM? I will not be able to actually build a new RevDCM for at least a week.

Cheers.

I can't figure out the sourceforge

Could you link to where I can download the new build jdog just released?

Hello!

I hope I'm in the right thread here; after Firaxis released the 3.19 patch, they managed to render the original WoC SDK unusable, as I didn't manage to merge the 3.19 patch correctly. So I started a "best-of" WoC merge with the 3.19 SDK sources plus RevDCM. Would someone be interested in combining this with RevDCM?

With best regards,
Fabian Aichele

Can anyone describe the process of modifying revolutions dmc mod to have the jarm religions? I keep trying and I'm missing a step.

I have a question for glider1 (or anyone else who has an answer). I'm using the CvGameCoreDLL.dll from RevDCM in my mod to make it 3.19 compatable. The only other items from the mod that I'm using are the GlobalDefinesAlt.xml and the Res\Fonts folder. My problem is that the onLoadGame method in CvEventManager never gets called when a saved game is loaded. It works properly in a standard unmodified game, and in RevDCM, but not in my mod. Is there something I need to do when using the RevDCM dll to make onLoadGame work? I'm really concerned about this problem because games within my mod can't be saved and reloaded while this problem exists.

I've got now some bug reports in my mod about "waiting for civs" bug (RoM uses RevDCM 2.5 at the moment) and one thing common in few reports have been that the problem seem to relate AI players' naval fleets near their city ie. they move their ships out of the city and back and load troops to ships on/off until it causes some kind of infinite loop. I haven't myself experienced this same bug yet and haven't been able to reproduce it.

Another small thing: looks like the MLF Control files aren't made to support modular format ie. same folder can't have differently named MLF control files. Only file name that seems to work is MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml. So for example if I have MLF control files in Custom Leaders folder named Leaderpack1_MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml and Leaderpack2_MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml, neither will work. This makes it harder to make modules that put stuff into same folders, only the last one unzipped there will work correctly as the MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml will get overwritten in the process and only the folders defined for loading in this file are recognized.

Top Bottom