RifE 1.20 Ideas, Requests, and Feedback

Somebody, somewhere, does - so get posting!

:whipped:

Please note that this poster in no way condones "encouraging" people to work.

From the Berenzi thread:

I've had the witches sitting on my hard drive for a while, but never could think of something good to do with them.

*pauses to reflect on how bad that sounded*

....anyway. Amurite UU? Sheiam maybe?

Witches/hags should be rolled in as a barbarian unit, for sure. Add a "witches hut" improvement that spawns them maybe? Would give us an early Agares unit. Should have an obnoxious spell that isn't utterly overpowering. Don't want them razing cities. Maybe a minor demonic summons + a spell that removes human control from a unit for a number of turns (adds promotion "Bewitched")? Evil eye spell? Poison damage is a must.

Alternate idea: Hedge Witch. Amurite/Sheaim/Kahdi UU. (Not sure which of these three should get access to them; I'd say all three, but I leave it to the dev team's judgement.) Available at Mysticism. Identical to adepts, and can be upgraded to them (and beyond) when you get KOTE, but are blocked from gaining XP without combat, and get a "Dabbling" promo, removed upon promotion to adept or beyond, that weakens summons and makes spells occasionally fail. Gives the civ(s) granted them a chance to start magic work early, but only if they're willing to hunt down prey for their witches to practice on and tolerate weaker summons/spell failure.

i think for council of esus you need to allow a backstabbing style thing the only ones with spys are council of esus and be able to raid there supply lines would make a nice bonus for esus hippus hidden raider units all your improvements dead in 2 turns and you have an army of hippus horses coming striaght at you would be interesting also allow esus to "relocate resources" as far as spys go make an event like 50%chance you'll wind up getting caught 30 percent chance suceeding and 20 percent chance they find you and can do 1 of 2 things accept a bribe from the undercouncil or declare war on you and gain a free upgrade from the undercouncil they are theives you know so they wouldnt mind having less competition

From the Berenzi thread:

Alternate idea: Hedge Witch. Amurite/Sheaim/Kahdi UU. (Not sure which of these three should get access to them; I'd say all three, but I leave it to the dev team's judgement.) Available at Mysticism. Identical to adepts, and can be upgraded to them (and beyond) when you get KOTE, but are blocked from gaining XP without combat, and get a "Dabbling" promo, removed upon promotion to adept or beyond, that weakens summons and makes spells occasionally fail. Gives the civ(s) granted them a chance to start magic work early, but only if they're willing to hunt down prey for their witches to practice on and tolerate weaker summons/spell failure.

Firstly, Bezeri. Not Berenzi. ;)

As for the basic witch idea, I like it... Would want different graphics for each arcane-civ, though. Witch fits the Sheiam, the Kahdi look arabic inspired so I can in a flying carpet :)p), and I'm not sure for the Amurites.

How about a student for the amurites?

One mod for that: Rise of Mankind :D

But I'm not for adding resources just for the sake of it. You have to tie them to building and/or units, guilds, etc. Otherwise they're useless. It's already easy enough to gather health and happiness...

Hmm... I've been thinking that it might be nice to add a few more resources to the game. Apples and other fruits, production/commerce resources, whatever. In general, more resources. :lol:

Any ideas? Preferably, ideas that have decent graphics associated?

Steal from Orbis. :)

I like their Duskwood Resource and the small bonus it gives to archery. It is nice to have a resource that has effects other than Health or Happiness.

Possible to make River specific resources? Salmon or trout for instance?

Can resources do OTHER things, Like Diplo bonus? or +1 GP (tied to a building)?

Is there any harm in adding Resources JUST for bonus squares? Do they have to add a secondary effect?

Some kind of venomous plant that let's you make poisoned weapons would be nice. I can't think of a name at the moment, but something like that would be nice.

One mod for that: Rise of Mankind :D

But I'm not for adding resources just for the sake of it. You have to tie them to building and/or units, guilds, etc. Otherwise they're useless. It's already easy enough to gather health and happiness...

That's what I'm looking at now, actually. :lol:

I don't want to add pointless resources either. Any I add will have in game effects, or be tied to guilds somehow... One thing I would like to do is have resources that need to be refined, for example. Maybe add coal, and allow Iron + Coal to be refined into Steel, taking the place of Mithril Weapons... Then buff Mithril Weapons, and make Mithril rarer.

Steal from Orbis. :)

I like their Duskwood Resource and the small bonus it gives to archery. It is nice to have a resource that has effects other than Health or Happiness.

Possible to make River specific resources? Salmon or trout for instance?

Can resources do OTHER things, Like Diplo bonus? or +1 GP (tied to a building)?

Is there any harm in adding Resources JUST for bonus squares? Do they have to add a secondary effect?

The Duskwood resource would be a good one actually, if just for a weapon promo for archers.

I do not think so, no. It would be cool, but rivers run between tiles so I don't think it would be possible.

Resources can do quite a bit. Both things you mention should be possible.

Not particularly, if they're needed. That's why I added Bison, so you can have a decent food tile in tundra. In general though, I don't want to. We have enough resources that do nothing but yields and happiness/health.

Some kind of venomous plant that let's you make poisoned weapons would be nice. I can't think of a name at the moment, but something like that would be nice.

That could work too... A recon weapon. :lol: Could use the 'coca' graphic... Looks nothing like coca anyway. :p

I don't want to add pointless resources either. Any I add will have in game effects, or be tied to guilds somehow... One thing I would like to do is have resources that need to be refined, for example. Maybe add coal, and allow Iron + Coal to be refined into Steel, taking the place of Mithril Weapons... Then buff Mithril Weapons, and make Mithril rarer.
Yeah, I actually plan to do that myself for Gunpowder, only available with something like Sulfur + whatever. Or through a guild, don't know yet. I would also like to add some resources like Ale; like a Legends resource given to the first civ that manage to build a new wonder like The Odyssey :p Each library would give +1:) for Legends (and maybe +10%:science: if it's possible, don't remember for now) and the Great Library would give +2:)...

I do not think so, no. It would be cool, but rivers run between tiles so I don't think it would be possible.
You could create a building requiring river and something else and then give a resource thanks to that.

Resources can do quite a bit. Both things you mention should be possible.
I enhanced the resource diplomacy system, if you're interested.

That's what I'm looking at now, actually. :lol:

I like that Idea.

Poisoned weapon for recons would be neat too.

Okay more ideas, NO clue how to make them work.

• Mount type: +10% str mounted units (like nightmare sorta)
    plant: increases friendly units in your culture healing by 5%

Would it be wrong to have sub races as a resource? I think having Hobbits as a resource would be hilarious. Can you make having a resource make a building be buildable. The pre-req for the building be ownership of the resource and then the buildings production be linked to that resource (ie you trade it away the building does nothing)

I am seeing Hobbit Bakeries that give
+1 :food: If you have Hobbits AND Corn
+1 :food: if you have Hobbits AND Wheat
+1 :) if you have Hobbits AND Apples

Gnome Tinkerers Hut
+1 :hammers: Gnomes AND Black Powerer
+1 :hammers: Gnomes AND Copper AND Iron

Considering how horribly expensive buildings are, some resources to boost their production would be good.

Prime Lumber and Excellent Stone, for instance. They should be fairly common, so it'd be rare for a civ not to have both so they need to have a cumulative effect on production. Make stone boost production for metal line buildings by 15% per resource and lumber by 5%, vice versa for archery line buildings. Most other buildings are boosted by 10% for each.

Would it be wrong to have sub races as a resource? I think having Hobbits as a resource would be hilarious. Can you make having a resource make a building be buildable. The pre-req for the building be ownership of the resource and then the buildings production be linked to that resource (ie you trade it away the building does nothing)

It wouldn't be wrong to make an improvement that represents integrating the race into you civilization as valued members of society, such as your bakery suggestion and a hobbit resource.

It would be wrong to make an improvement that spawns slaves for the owner.
It would be wrong to make an improvement that transforms the resource, like mana, into Hobbit slaves that allow Balseraph cities to build Hobbit cages.
It would be very wrong to make the Clan of Embers unique version of Smokehouse provide health with Hobbit slaves.
It would be exceedingly wrong to burn the hobbits on a pyre in order to give your entire civilization +1% research.

In all cases it would also be hilarious. I also want to see the cannibal hell-version of hobbits.

It wouldn't be wrong to make an improvement that represents integrating the race into you civilization as valued members of society, such as your bakery suggestion and a hobbit resource.

It would be wrong to make an improvement that transforms the resource, like mana, into Hobbit slaves that allow Balseraph cities to build Hobbit cages.
It would be very wrong to make the Clan of Embers unique version of Smokehouse provide health with Hobbit slaves.
It would be exceedingly wrong to burn the hobbits on a pyre in order to give your entire civilization +1% research.

In all cases it would also be hilarious. I also want to see the cannibal hell-version of hobbits.

:lol: Oh, wow. You just made my day.
I'm liking this idea more and more. Is it possible to make an improvement civic dependent, so Hobbit Slave Pits are built by those running Slavery, and Hobbit Bakeries are built by those not running slavery?

LMAO I think everyone of those would be great for evil races. I just don't think that way.

I'm liking this idea more and more. Is it possible to make an improvement civic dependent, so Hobbit Slave Pits are built by those running Slavery, and Hobbit Bakeries are built by those not running slavery?

I like that idea too.

Yeah, I actually plan to do that myself for Gunpowder, only available with something like Sulfur + whatever. Or through a guild, don't know yet. I would also like to add some resources like Ale; like a Legends resource given to the first civ that manage to build a new wonder like The Odyssey :p Each library would give +1:) for Legends (and maybe +10%:science: if it's possible, don't remember for now) and the Great Library would give +2:)...

You could create a building requiring river and something else and then give a resource thanks to that.

I enhanced the resource diplomacy system, if you're interested.

Hmm... I like the gunpowder idea too, but I'm not sure about it at the same time. Blasting Powder is a very late tech for FF, so it seems a bit much to remove the resource like that. Then again, it would work just fine for Orbis. :lol:

The Legends resource could be interesting too... Give a couple of them, so you can trade them for other resources. Like some of the BTS resources.

Hmm... That could work for river resources. Not sure about it though... Would mean every riverside city would have access.

Already saw, and planned to steal. :lol:

Considering how horribly expensive buildings are, some resources to boost their production would be good.

Prime Lumber and Excellent Stone, for instance. They should be fairly common, so it'd be rare for a civ not to have both so they need to have a cumulative effect on production. Make stone boost production for metal line buildings by 15% per resource and lumber by 5%, vice versa for archery line buildings. Most other buildings are boosted by 10% for each.

That's the kind of resource I'd like to add, actually. :lol:

Prime Lumber could be combined with Duskwood, for simplicity... A stone resource would be easy too.

I like that Idea.

Poisoned weapon for recons would be neat too.

Okay more ideas, NO clue how to make them work.

• Mount type: +10% str mounted units (like nightmare sorta)
    plant: increases friendly units in your culture healing by 5%

I am seeing Hobbit Bakeries that give
+1 :food: If you have Hobbits AND Corn
+1 :food: if you have Hobbits AND Wheat
+1 :) if you have Hobbits AND Apples

Gnome Tinkerers Hut
+1 :hammers: Gnomes AND Black Powerer
+1 :hammers: Gnomes AND Copper AND Iron

First thing I thought when you said Hobbit Resource, was allow you to build little Hobbit towns with access to the resource...

But allowing little buildings like that would be interesting too. :lol:

Of course, Balseraph should have Hobbit slaves...

@Valkrionn: Well, yeah, Orbis' tech tree is a little bit extended compared to FF's but not more. It should though :p

And yeah, I was thinking about giving 3 Legends or so, like Ale.

Top Bottom