Fall Further 051 Bug Report Thread

Do that some more, and see if you can make the supply costs increase farther .Sounds like a likely cause.

Did some experimenting. Seems that the supply increases by 1 anytime I move my army outside of my borders. If the army is brought inside my borders the supply cost will decrease by the number of units needing supply but will still remain even though there are no units outside my borders. If I take the army outside again, the supply increases by the number of units needing supply and 1 is added for every plot I move the army. (Does not matter which direction I move them either) This begins shortly after promoting my axeman to Captain. It seems to happen anytime I move a unit with the enlisted promotion outside my borders. (Tried some units without it, nothing happenned, anytime I moved a unit with the enlisted promotion though, the supply cost increased by 2)

Seems likely the kink isn't with summoned units perse then, but with units who have no maintenance and war weariness - like Enlisted Bannor troops and fireballs.

not having any luck with a quick attempt at reproducing this maintenance issue with a captain. Can you explain more about the circumstances? how many units in the stack you're moving, what promotions do they have, etc.

It's not the captain per se, but the units under him which cause the supply rate to increase. From what I've seen it seems to be attached to the "enlisted" promotion but it could also apply to the other promotions which this captain (A promoted captain not a Great Commander type) has. He has Battle Commander I - III and Field Medic I - III, (and all ranks up to Captain) I'll attach a save file where it can be easily reproduced by anyone. If you open the savegame the stack which has the focus is where the problem can be reproduced. If I compare the supply cost before and after moving either one of the minions or the entire stack it will go up. Always goes up after moving the first unit, not always after moving other units after him.

Attachments

• Tufloss Turn_0316.CivBeyondSwordSave
    381.7 KB · Views: 82
Mazatl(And Caulli presumibly, not that I checked.) Cannot build cottages on non-riverside marsh. (Jungle/Forest don't effect this.)

Oddly enough, they can build them on Ice, Tundra and Plains(riverside or not, hill or not) and riverside Deserts(non-floodplains. Of course everyone can build cottages on foodplains and such)

This all strikes me as kinda odd. I don't recall being able to put cottages on hill/plains in the past--tho certainly don't mind... Not being able to put them on non-riverside marshes tho? That's. That's bad... I mean, as mazatl I just unthematiclly scorch a marsh away. (Tho frankly. I likely would anyway to build it faster... but that's not a bug so much as something hopefully fixed down the road about the same time as forest clearing rates-while building improvements are fixed xD) But the caulli would be pretty . .. .. .. .. .slapped.

I believe it's impossible in general to build cottages on tiles which have no food output or no irrigation. It is odd though.
Read my post. I can build them on Ice. Ice/Hill. Plains/Hill. Tundra/Hill. Non-riverside. No irrigation. All of the above have 0 food. In contrast, a mash has 1 food even for non-lizards.
So um. Yah.

In response to the cottages problem: Cottages are not valid on Marsh tiles. They are, however, valid on all riverside tiles regardless of terrain type. So basically only riverside marsh can have cottages. They should probably be valid on marsh tiles...

Also, found an apparent bug in the code for the Spring spell in spellinterface.py: The line "cf.startWar(caster.getOwner(), pPlot.getOwner())" should read "cf.startWar(caster.getOwner(), pPlot.getOwner(), WarPlanTypes.WARPLAN_TOTAL)". Leaving out the last bit was popping up a Python error whenever the spell was cast for me.

You can scorch the marsh, build a cottage and then let it marshify again (a solution for a game in progress, not trying to say that it's intended or something).

Lemminkäinen;8410439 said:
You can scorch the marsh, build a cottage and then let it marshify again (a solution for a game in progress, not trying to say that it's intended or something).
XD Like I said in my first post. Ive been doing that. (Both beacause it lets me build it, and to get rid of part of the pesky buildrate penalty)
None the less...

XD Like I said in my first post. Ive been doing that. (Both beacause it lets me build it, and to get rid of part of the pesky buildrate penalty)
None the less...
My sincerest apologies. I honestly thought I did read the whole post, but apparently didn't. :blush:

As the Bannor in this game I am being charged to support 154 units outside of my borders.:eek: I only have 19 units total, the only units outside my cultural borders are 7 axemen and a cleric. (1 Captain, 2 Master Sergeants, 2 Seargents, 1 Corporal, and 1 Private))

Read all the followups. More anecdotal data: my last game, as Amurites. Same thing happened to me. I tried experimenting in game to see if I could get it to change. For a while I thought it was either fireballs or teleporting that was increasing the support count (but not decreasing when they went away) but that wasn't it. Coudn't quite figure it out and then forgot to report. Anyway I had 160+ maint but my total units were only about 50 and I had at most 15 outside my borders at any one time.

Not sure if this is intentional, but Great Commanders are not hidden by the Cloak of Esus (from Council of Esus religion holy building that makes all units inside your borders invisible)

sorry if this is a rtfm question...
i've started a new game as the calabim and decided to found RoK. my understanding was that this would make them neutral, but they remain evil. bug or facepalm? :)

Did you switch to it as well?

Adopting RoK probably should turn evil to neutral, but it depends on exactly HOW evil you were to begin with.

I think RoK turns evil to neutral in the base game, but it just has an alignment buff on the small scale with Broader alignments, and the Cabalim leaders are REALLY evil, so they just get a little less evil (and Feast also tends you towards evil.)

Flauros is -310, Alexis is -330, Feasting is -3, and Runes has a +100 modifier.
Plus whatever civics (Slavery, undercouncil, military state, some others) you're running can mess with your alignments too.

I've been replacing the event manager with my own version and I noticed that several events are dispatched by Fall Further, but not handled by the existing CvEventManager.

The events I noticed are:
combatHit
unitConverted
combatWithdrawal
spellCast
combatBegin
unitUpgraded

Trawling though CvGameUtils I found a few functions that don't seem to do anything, since they are never called:

cannotGrow
cannotStarve
cannotSpreadReligionHere
cannotSpreadReligion

cannotSpreadReligionHere looks like it tries to prevent spreading of religion in Khadi lands, but of course it is never asked for an opinion on the subject.

I was playing as the Austrin recently and attempting to look at the Units page in the civilopedia produced an error (looking at the civilopedia from the main menu doesn't cause it). I'll see if I can track it down further later this evening if I get time.

Attachments

• austrinerror.JPG
    austrinerror.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 93
Top Bottom