Civilizations and leaders you would like to see, but probably won't

The only problem would be that this first part would be made redundant if any human was involved. If a human wants to go to war- they go to war. And it would be totally useless in a multiplayer game. The idea has nice potential, though.

Maybe just a few more bonuses to tip it over the edge into playability:

+25% UN and Apostolic Palace builds

+25% all foreign trade route income?

As far as US presidents go, besides the ones already included in Civ4, why aren't we talking about Teddy Roosevelt? Modernizing the US Navy, child labor laws, anti-trust legislation to protect workers' rights, some of the first food and drug acts to protect consumers, environmentalism (national parks), also from the era where the United States emerged as a world player--let's face it, the USA of the 19th century was a second-rate power, if that, still lower in population than the European powers (although growing quickly due to emigration from Europe) and was torn apart by civil conflict.

I would also bet, given that Teddy has incomplete leaderhead graphics in BtS, that he was on the short list for addition into the game. If I get Washington, Lincoln, and Teddy, I'll be happy. :)

Teddy is a good one. There's alot of US Presidents you could have...

Washington (always tops on my list)
FDR
Teddy Roosevelt
Reagan
Lincoln
Thomas Jefferson

(In no particular order beyond George Washington).

Now you're talking.

I would personally like to see every US president in Civ, but unfortunately that's just a dream.

Also maybe add:

No "Refuses to talk" period. End your declared war or open up borders again without any delay. This will provide some more tactical advantages like worker stealing (Declare war, steal worker, declare peace in same turn) and for the peacemonger approach (End a war right away)

More AP/UN votes? We could XML that in. Also the problem with Diplomatic is that the AI might have problems utilizing it. Maybe we need to code in some behaviors.

Teddy is a good one. There's alot of US Presidents you could have...

Washington (always tops on my list)
FDR
Teddy Roosevelt
Reagan
Lincoln
Thomas Jefferson

(In no particular order beyond George Washington).

I was at first shocked when I read your list, but the last line was reassuring.

Also maybe add:

No "Refuses to talk" period. End your declared war or open up borders again without any delay. This will provide some more tactical advantages like worker stealing (Declare war, steal worker, declare peace in same turn) and for the peacemonger approach (End a war right away)

More AP/UN votes? We could XML that in. Also the problem with Diplomatic is that the AI might have problems utilizing it. Maybe we need to code in some behaviors.

All this might overpower the Diplomatic trait though. It needs to balance back in with financial at the strongest; protective at the weakest.

:bump:

Civs+Leaders we may not be able to see...

Atlantis
Poseidon(Godly and Seafaring)
Atlas(Expansive and Seafaring)
Freedonia
Rufus T. Firefly
USA
Jefferson(Aggressive and Financial)
Teddy Roosevelt(Protective and Expansive)
Reagan(Charismatic and Organized)
Dubya(Aggressive and Protective)
Native America
Hiawatha(Agricultural and Protective)
Geronimo(Protective and Inspiring)
South Africa(Renamed Zulu)
Paul Kruger(Expansive and Against all odds)
Egypt
Nasser(Expansive and Diplomatic)
Ra(Godly and Expansive)
Israel
David(Protective and Spiritual)
Solomon(Philosophical and Organized)
Arabia
Abu Bakr(Expansive and Spiritual)
Ottoman Empire
Mustafa Inonu(Diplomatic and Expansive)
Persia
Xerxes(Expansive and Aggressive)
India
Khan Noonien Singh(Expansive,Aggressive and Protective)
Japan
Meiji(Charismatic and Creative)
Germany
Adolf Hitler(Aggressive,Charismatic and Angry all the time)
UK
George III(Industrious and Organized)

Your list is hilarious in places, Dumanios :)

Hitler will never appear in the game whilst Firaxis/2K want to sell games in Germany!

China - Emperors Tang Taizong, Kangxi, Wu Zetian
Japan - Emperor Meiji
Siam (new civ) - King Ramkhamhaeng, King Rama V
India - Emperor Akbar, Emperor Chandragupta
Vietnam (new civ) - Ho Chi Minh, Emperor Quang Trung
Indonesia (new civ)
Arabia - Caliph Harun al-Rashid
Persia - Emperor Khosrau I
Venezuela - Simon Bolivar
Shona (new civ)
Austria (new civ) - Charles V, Maria Theresa

Mussolini would be good. Expansive, cause he 'bonified' whole regions to make them fit for agriculture, and....industrious. would be a hammer.

Argentina:
Juan Perón: Charismatic, Organised
UU: Granaderos a Caballo, replaces Cavalry, +25% city defence
UB???

Armenia:
Tigranes the Great: Aggressive, Imperialistic
UU: Ayrudzi, replaces Horse Archer, receives defensive bonuses
UB:???

Ashanti:
Opoku Ware I: Aggressive, Protective
UU:Twafo, replaces Musketman, starts with Guerilla 1, 80 Hammers’
UB: Drum station, replaces Observatory, -10% city maintenance, + 10% espionage

Benin:
Oba Ewuare: Creative, Financial
UU: Yoruba Warrior, replaces a mounted unit...
UB: ???

Brazil:
Pedro II: Expansive, Creative
UU:???
UB: Sambodromo, replaces Broadcast Tower, +2 culture, Football stadium?

Bulgaria:
Boris I: Expansive, Aggressive
UU: Bulgarian Horseman, replaces Horse Archer, strength 7

Burma:
Anawrahta: Spiritual, Organised (Aung San Suu Kyi would make a great leader as well, but would have to be part of a "what-if...?" mod I think.
UU: Castle Elephant, replaces War Elephant, +25% vs Melee units, -25% vs Archer units
UB: Pagoda, replaces Theatre, + 4 culture, +1 Happy (I guess change the Chinese UB name, or this one)

Dacia:
Burebista: Aggressive, Spiritual
UU: Comati, replaces Swordsman, +1 strength, +1 first strike
UB: Murus dacicus, replaces Wall, -66% damage from Bombard (except Gunpowder Units)

Kanem-Bornu:
Dunama Dabbalemi: Spiritual, Imperialistic (Kanem)
Idris Alooma: Spiritual, Financial (Bornu)
UU: Some kind of mounted replacement...???

Kongo:
Afonso I/Nzinga Mvemba: Spiritual, Organised
UU:???

Aztec:
Nezahualcoyotl: Cultural, Philosophical

Ethiopia:
Haile Selassie: Protective, Spiritual

Roman:
Hadrian: Charismatic, Industrious

Viking: Cnut: Financial, Aggressive or Imperialistic

I haven't done enough reading on African history to be able to select a short list of "missing" civs, but the above list is a pretty good short list.

After reading through the Viking thread, I'm convinced we need to split up the "Vikings" into Denmark and Sweden. Canute for Denmark, Gustavus Adolphus for Sweden. Canute can have the older style UU based on the Berserker, give Sweden the iconic musket UU.

I would also include Nubia in that list, but I think they've already been mentioned on here, and also Shona/Zimbabwe, though I've no idea who their leader would be, UU, UB, etc...

And it's funny you mention that about the Vikings antilogic, check out these threads,
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=337896
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=338607
NikNaks, who created Varietas Delectat, created an add-on mod for it, replacing NA with the Sioux and Iroqouis, and offering an additional option of the Cherokee and Apache. I suggested doing something similar with the Vikings, and it looks like he will do it, though it is still very much at the planning stage at the moment (still trying to decide which civs will be included and which not, almost certainly Sweden, Denmark and Norway, but many people are also pushing for a seperate Viking civ as well, and also suggestions for "similar" Nordic/Scandinavian civs, Normandy and Finland for instance)

VD is a pretty huge mod and can afford to dedicate plenty of civ-slots, but even in the base (read: Firaxis official versions) game I think we should have Sweden and the Danes, and maybe even reorganize Germany/HRE into Prussia/Austria.

I gotta say (again) that Ito Hirobumi would make much more sense as a Japanese leader than Emperor Meiji. Meiji was a figurehead. The Genro (of which Hirobumi was the leading one) held real power. Having Meiji instead of Hirobumi would be like having George VI instead of Churchill.

I gotta say (again) that Ito Hirobumi would make much more sense as a Japanese leader than Emperor Meiji. Meiji was a figurehead. The Genro (of which Hirobumi was the leading one) held real power. Having Meiji instead of Hirobumi would be like having George VI instead of Churchill.

Can I infer you would rather have Gladstone or Disraeli instead of Victoria? ;)

Can I infer you would rather have Gladstone or Disraeli instead of Victoria? ;)

Touche, but Victoria had 10 Prime Ministers during her time, of which none hold significance enough to validate a place in the game. The Victorian Era needs to be represented, just as the Meiji Era does, and the only overarching figure of this whole era is Victoria herself. The Meiji Era, however, does have an overarching group to call upon, that being the Genro, of which Ito Hirobumi was the most prominent. Hirobumi was more to Meiji Japan than Gladstone or Disraeli were to Victorian England. Even more particularly, whilst the whole of the Victorian Era deserves a place in the game, it is probably only the first part of the Meiji Era that deserves a place, in which Hirobumi was of particular importance.

Touche, but Victoria had 10 Prime Ministers during her time, of which none hold significance enough to validate a place in the game. The Victorian Era needs to be represented, just as the Meiji Era does, and the only overarching figure of this whole era is Victoria herself. The Meiji Era, however, does have an overarching group to call upon, that being the Genro, of which Ito Hirobumi was the most prominent. Hirobumi was more to Meiji Japan than Gladstone or Disraeli were to Victorian England. Even more particularly, whilst the whole of the Victorian Era deserves a place in the game, it is probably only the first part of the Meiji Era that deserves a place, in which Hirobumi was of particular importance.

Sadly, I don't know enough about the Meiji Era to make a detailed comparison. But I do like seeing the argument written out clearly and logically. :)

Ivan the 4th, definitely would be nice to see, completely psychotic later years Ivan IV that is. For the Chinese I really have to lean to Cao Cao. He fits in a period when no other leaders were around and Den Xiaoping is far too close to Mao in the timeline.

Top Bottom