Tom's Unit Factory

Unbreasted Amazone (CFC unit conversion)

EDIT: CFC creator has been found thanks to Thorvald of Lym giving me the link to the thread!
NOTE: There was a CFC member who made this unit back in the day for Civ3. He also made this 'Unbreasted' version (as it was called :)) and made the gif's available in one of the forums here. I converted the gif's and here they are... but I cannot locate the thread, CFC member, of the original unit. I did no extensive check, but if anyone knows, please let me know so I can update the info here and on the database. Sounds, Large/Small PCX are missing because of this.

Creator: LBPB
Original Thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=53680
Unbreasted Amazone original files posted for download located here.

Also, the gif's included the regular clothed (a top) version in one of the south animations, so nothing could be done about this. Not too noticeable, it was only in the Attack animation I think.

UnbreastedAmazone.gif

Download here... UnbreastedAmazone.rar

Unit32 included. Sounds, Large/Small PCX are not, but may be eventually... They may have to be created.

Tom

Blue Monkey said:
A unit without shadows is better than no unit at all.

I say no shadows. Otherwise it'll take you years to get them all done. I think it's better to flood the database with new fantasy units rather than worry about the shadows.

Agreed.. No shadows for the Infinitum units it is. As the thought of re-rendering units just for shadows brings terrifying shivers. I am going to restart converting units on and off.. I didn't realize the 2 week wait turned into this long of a time.

It's also a possibility to convert all Civ4 units to Civ3, as all the available tools needed to do so seem to be around. Of course I have not done one, so can't say for sure... the main thing that could possibly not allow such a thing to be possible is if the Civ4 Nif animations can't be imported over to a program such as 3ds Max. When I began a test to see if it's possible, this was the ONLY problem I ran into, but have not had time to continue looking for a solution.

Tom

Pit Fiend (unit conversion)

Pit fiends are the lords of the Nine Hells. They are the baatezu of the greatest power and the highest station. Pit fiends are found throughout the various layers of the Nine Hells, but are very rare on the upper layers.

Wherever they are found, these mighty lords hold a position of great authority and power. They sometimes command vast legions consisting of dozens of complete armies, leading them into battle against the tanar'ri.

No Civ Colours.

PitFiend.gif PitFiend.jpg

Download here... PitFiend.rar

Unit32, Large/Small pcx, and Sound Files included. Is a Bioware/Interplay unit.

Tom

The conversion process has been improved upon a bit... they take ever so slightly longer, but they look better in game. Initially, the edges of some of the units may have had a bit of a pixelized look. Any units converted from here on out no longer will have any of this, but edges will be (whats the word...) anti-aliased, so no rough edges.

This has been done to the Pit Fiend above... Most unit conversions probably look alright though, so I won't go back and redo them, it's more of a subtle improvement.

Also, in some gif's the units may seem to jump... they do not (or should not) do this in game. The conversions often require specific Offsets to be placed for each FLC, something that Animation shop cannot do easily when creating a gif (so I don't worry about doing it).

If anything odd is seen in game with any of these units, please let me know so I can fix it.

Tom

Wow.. PitFiend is cool. Is it the same creature to whom Bhaalspawn could turn/shapeshift in Baldurs Gate 2?.. does anyone know for sure?.. at least it seems really similar.

The pit fiend almost looks like it could be used for some kind of alien or something. :D

Unbreasted Amazone (CFC unit conversion)

NOTE: There was a CFC member who made this unit back in the day for Civ3. He also made this 'Unbreasted' version (as it was called :)) and made the gif's available in one of the forums here. I converted the gif's and here they are... but I cannot locate the thread, CFC member, of the original unit. I did no extensive check, but if anyone knows, please let me know so I can update the info here and on the database. Sounds, Large/Small PCX are missing because of this.

Also, the gif's included the regular clothed (a top) version in one of the south animations, so nothing could be done about this. Not too noticeable, it was only in the Attack animation I think.

View attachment 236714

Download here... UnbreastedAmazone.rar

Unit32 included. Sounds, Large/Small PCX are not, but will be eventually... see above Note.

Tom

Statistically speaking, the creator is likely Ghengis Farb. (I feel like the unit's a "Welcome Home" :love: to days of yore when men were men and sheep were afraid.)

You might want to change "Unbreasted" to "BareBreasted" as they have radically different meanings.

Keep up the good work!

:D ,

Oz

Statistically speaking, the creator is likely Ghengis Farb. (I feel like the unit's a "Welcome Home" :love: to days of yore when men were men and sheep were afraid.)

You might want to change "Unbreasted" to "BareBreasted" as they have radically different meanings.

Keep up the good work!

Oz

Yes I was a little confused by the 'un' but I thought maybe that there was a version with very large breasts and that therefore this version was unbreasted in that it only has normal sized breasts.

Keep up the good work!

Oz

nick0515 said:
Yes I was a little confused by the 'un' but I thought maybe that there was a version with very large breasts and that therefore this version was unbreasted in that it only has normal sized breasts.

:lol: I remember I made a folder with the name that was given to it by the creator (unless I misread), as 'unbreasted' makes no sense at all (a he-she?). I'll check to see if Ghengis is the creator, and I'll track the thread down so we can see if 'unbreasted' was used or not :)

Tom

Leopard (unit conversion)

The leopard is a graceful cat with a long body and relatively short legs. Its color varies from buff to tawny, and its spots are rosette shaped.

Leopards are solitary, inhabiting warm deserts, forest, plains, and mountains. They hunt both day and night preying on animals up to the size of large antelopes. They swim and climb well, and will often sit in treetops sunning themselves. Leopards will also drag their prey to safety in the treetops to devour in peace.

A skilled predator, the leopard is often threatened by human incursions. In areas where it is hunted, it is nocturnal.

No Civ Colours.

Leopard.gif Leopard-Image.jpg
The poor pathetic Scout is about to get devoured and consumed by the hungry little kitty.

Download here... Leopard.rar

Tom

Moose (unit conversion)

Mammals are the most common of the vertebrate. Generally born alive, mammals possess hair. Warm-blooded, mammals maintain a single body temperature, regulated by an internal thermostat. Most mammals are harmless to humanoids and they are often trained to perform a specific function.

No Civ Colours.

Moose.gif

Download here... Moose.rar

Tom

Snake (unit conversion)

Snakes are long, slender reptiles that can be found anywhere in the entire world, even in the coldest arctic regions.

There are basically two types of snakes, in all manner of sizes. The poisonous snakes make up for their relatively smaller size with deadly venoms, while the larger constrictors squeeze their victims to death. Both types sleep for days after eating. All snakes shed their skin several times each year.

No Civ Colours.

Snake.gif

Download here... Snake.rar

Tom

Ice Troll (unit conversion)

This unit is dedicated to the user phungus420.

Trolls are horrid carnivores found in all climes, from arctic wastelands to tropical jungles. Most creatures avoid these beasts, since trolls know no fear and attack unceasingly when hungry. Their frame appears thin and frail, but trolls possess surprising strength. Their arms and legs are long and ungainly. The legs end in great three-toed feet, the arms in wide, powerful hands with sharpened claws.

The ice troll is a smaller, more intelligent (but still not very smart) relative of the normal troll, and is probably the result of magical experimentation. It closely resembles its more common cousin, but has semitransparent, very cold skin. Ice trolls are famous for being cunning, evil creatures which keep humans and demi-humans as livestock. Because ice trolls need water to regenerate, they never leave their lakes and rivers, and will create elaborate traps to lure their prey to them.

No Civ Colours.

IceTroll.gif IceTroll-Image.jpg
This poor sap, on his quest to become a great warrior, has dwelled right into the Ice Troll's territory.

Download here... IceTroll.rar

Tom

Ice Troll is really fantastic.. as it was said about Pit Fiend to fit for some alien creature, then I see also Ice Troll in the same purpose. It is too bad that you can't get any version of them with some guns.
Still, I'm eagerly waiting for other types of trolls.

Snow Troll (unit conversion)

This unit is dedicated to Senethro.

Trolls are horrid carnivores found in all climes, from arctic wastelands to tropical jungles. Most creatures avoid these beasts, since trolls know no fear and attack unceasingly when hungry. Their frame appears thin and frail, but trolls possess surprising strength. Their arms and legs are long and ungainly. The legs end in great three-toed feet, the arms in wide, powerful hands with sharpened claws.

Snow trolls are broader than their cousins, these have pale skin and large parts of their body are covered with white fur. They are solitary creatures.

No Civ Colours.

SnowTroll.gif

Download here... SnowTroll.rar

Tom

Top Bottom