More Fantasy Units

Hey there, your technique is simple, funny and effective.
After you figured out how to make the faces right, I think all of your skins can be included!
(maybe the paramander needs some higher resolution skin, try cutting and pasting some stuff from my other textures, you can also see in nif scope the UV mesh to know where goes what. many of my textures are compatible in principle, but should be used like this: cut some parts from one texture and copy them into the other texture manualy, instead of just switching the complete texture ;) )

keep it up!

Hey there, your technique is simple, funny and effective.
After you figured out how to make the faces right, I think all of your skins can be included!
(maybe the paramander needs some higher resolution skin, try cutting and pasting some stuff from my other textures, you can also see in nif scope the UV mesh to know where goes what. many of my textures are compatible in principle, but should be used like this: cut some parts from one texture and copy them into the other texture manualy, instead of just switching the complete texture ;) )

keep it up!

:lol:

Compared to your technique, mine is crude at best. Using metaphor, you do surgeon with laser, while me do it with kitchen knife. Might work but messy (and barbaric, look what I did to the Elohim Archmage) :mischief:

I did the latter units with a little bit more civility, I think. At least I created new dds and didn't mess the UV (a lot :lol:)

Thank you, seZ! Looking forward for your units. :goodjob:

Well now that kael is using my Frost Maiden skin as the Illian mage :) may I remake a request? In my modular mod and now in the official Wild mana version the Frost Maiden is in and we need an updated skin. If you could take the same Illian theme, but use the Elohim Hunter model. Here is what I would need to help her stand out.

1: Icy blue hair (a bit more blue than the Illian mage model)
2: An icy flame on the end of the staff if possible
3: The white looking fur material on her duds (cloths)
4: Pale white skin

Thanks if you can do this!!!

I'll see what I can do.

I tinkered with skins and models to create Empyrean Priests with robe but no success until now. Everyone I reskinned were bland and un-flavour-ful IMO :D Maybe my muse already fall in love with the ones with golden armor ;)

Updated the first post with new Desert Sorceress. I am proposing this as the Mage for Malakim in Fall from Heaven. I hope Kael and teams like this one better :)

Download here.

Well... several opinions in FfH Artblog mentioned the lack of glows and mage-things like staff and wands :lol:

I guess I have to rename this as Warrior-Priest and then add those little mage-things and upload them as the Warrior-Mage.

Your units are quite good but have a really unnecessary problem, your effects have the 'wrong' place in the nif, causing some visbility problems in game.

You only have to change the position of the BIP (with the effects attached in the BIP) in the child order (expand the children array of the MD NonAccum) to be below the mesh and the effect will no longer be behind the mesh. Look at the your attached Bannor Adept and Archmage, where i only changed this position (ok cleaned up also the Adept nif a bit)

In short, the glow effects should be in the order below the mesh in the nif tree (hope you can see the difference and understand what i want to say)

Attachments

• hint.jpg
    hint.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 290
  • hint2.jpg
    hint2.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 246
  • warriormage_smallhint.zip
    63.3 KB · Views: 113
Your units are quite good but have a really unnecessary problem, your effects have the 'wrong' place in the nif, causing some visbility problems in game.

You only have to change the position of the BIP (with the effects attached in the BIP) in the child order (expand the children array of the MD NonAccum) to be below the mesh and the effect will no longer be behind the mesh. Look at the your attached Bannor Adept and Archmage, where i only changed this position (ok cleaned up also the Adept nif a bit)

In short, the glow effects should be in the order below the mesh in the nif tree (hope you can see the difference and understand what i want to say)
You know... you should've posted that ages ago, because that was puzzling me for a long time! :goodjob:

Cheers, LT.

:eek:

Thank you a lot, The_Coyote! This improve the beauty much. Usually I just push the effect several point above the staff (so it would "hover" above the staff). Now, I can do more ;)

PS : May I ask what you did to the adept model? It looks more "right" now, but I am unable to find out the change(s)? Thanks.

more or less i only cleanes up the nif. The model is a result of a sceneviewer bone transplant (look for Rabbit Whites sceneviewer / nifviewer tutorial for details, at the beginning of Civ4 modding it´s was the only way), therefore a lot of unneeded information were in the nif (eg all the japanesesamurai_fx.nif, the no longer needed NiSourceTexture).

Also because of the used method, the model has two scene Roots, the first - Node 5 - is the actual used one by the game, the second - Node 123 - is the one with the model. If fixed this by copying the model to the upper scene root tree and removed the second one. (see page 19 [II.3.] of the nifscope tutorial - to easy change the names of the armature bones of the mesh - see page 7 (pic) and page 8 for the details of the NifSkinInstance in the same tutorial - simply change the names there, it´s much easier than to go to the armature and do it there).

No exact idea why, but it seems that the texture is now sharper displayed than before in the pedia (after a small test i think it´s causes by the order of the children [or more exact: a thing / effect which is solved / removed by changing the order] )

Top Bottom