Mafia Game: The Lord of the Rings (Game Thread)

What Gollum argument?

If you had a choice between a cave and a screeching, horrible death, I think you'd pick cave too.

vote: Beefy

Hey! Listen!

(also known as the "Navi prod")

I'll still abstain.
There's not enough to go on against anyone and nobody's been trying to spam me with PMs. That's odd. Anyhow, when does the night start? I want to murder heal investigate mind control poison someone.

vote: abstain Too early still to really tell.

So now just waiting on Csargo, DrumStudent, Lord OST, thomas.berubeg and trada (not including [IMP]Warman8888).

trada- 11 (askthepizzaguy, Autolycus, choxorn, CivGeneral, Diamondeye, Diana Abnoba, Earthling, Frozen In Ice, johnhughthom, Seon, Thermal Mercury)
Earthling- 4 (Arakhor, civplayah, Methos, Renata)
D'Artagnan59- 2 (Snerk, Winston Hughes)
Double A- 2 (D'Artagnan59, sprig)
Beefy187- 1 (Double A)
Charles Li- 1 (TheForestAuro)
Renata- 1 (electric926)
Seon- 1 (CCRunner)
tapdancingowl- 1 (Khazaar)

Abstain- 13 (Bad Player, Beefy187, Charles Li, classical_hero, kill fire, Love, Nictel, Stuck in Pi, Takhisis, tapdancingowl, TheLastOne36, tycoonist, z4ckdabeast)

Let me know if I've made any mistakes...

So, abstain's getting banned. Yay!

Yeah, trada's absence is a bit odd...

Anyway, do people want to wait for 5 (well, probably 4) more votes that won't make a difference to the final result, or should I just get on with the write-up and Night Two?

It's half past twelve already here... but I guess it can wait until tomorrow morning anyway. :) I don't know how important those missing people are, and, also, whether they have any special abilities or items or whatever.

Get on with the write-up. Even if they all showed up and voted for Earthling it would make no difference.

I'd be inclined to end the day now. Set the precedent that you won't wait on people while it doesn't matter, at least for the lynch, so that people will make sure to get on and vote when it does.

Okay, in that case, consider trada dead, and the write-up to come. No more votes will be accepted for the day.

And just a proposition; would you consider it a fair punishment to not allow people to use their night abilities if they don't vote on time (without a good excuse), or would that only encourage less activity, at night as well as at day? :dunno:

DAY TWO IS OVER.

End the round when you said you would.

If it's now, then now. If it's in the morning, then in the morning.

WOG'ing repeated inactives is enough of a deterrent.

I think a WoG is punishment enough. Say if somebody misses 3 consecutive phases/four total, they get WoGed. It's not to harsh, but not exactly lenient either.

FINAL VOTE TALLY FOR DAY ONE

trada- 11 (askthepizzaguy, Autolycus, choxorn, CivGeneral, Diamondeye, Diana Abnoba, Earthling, Frozen In Ice, johnhughthom, Seon, Thermal Mercury)
Earthling- 4 (Arakhor, civplayah, Methos, Renata)
D'Artagnan59- 2 (Snerk, Winston Hughes)
Double A- 2 (D'Artagnan59, sprig)
Beefy187- 1 (Double A)
Charles Li- 1 (TheForestAuro)
Renata- 1 (electric926)
Seon- 1 (CCRunner)
tapdancingowl- 1 (Khazaar)

Abstain- 13 (Bad Player, Beefy187, Charles Li, classical_hero, kill fire, Love, Nictel, Stuck in Pi, Takhisis, tapdancingowl, TheLastOne36, tycoonist, z4ckdabeast)

Didn't vote- 4 ([IMP]Warman8888, Csargo, DrumStudent, Lord OST, trada)

Please let me know if I made any mistakes with that...

DAY TWO

The 43 remaining members of Middle Earth met in the Shire, home of the hobbits, as evening fell on Day Two.

Lord Elrond came forward to address the crowd; the Fellowship reeling from the loss of Legolas the previous Night.

"What have the peoples of Middle Earth decided?"

Harry Goatleaf of the Miscellaneous Town Faction (for yes, that is one of the factions of Middle Earth) came forward, and confidently stated, "He have decided that we will lynch him," as he pointed into the crowd at trada.

"Who me?" trada looked stunned. "What have I done to offend the peoples of Middle Earth?"

"You've not done anything, and that's the problem," the Guard of the Beacon of Minas Tirith shouted out from near the back.

"What have you to say for yourself?" Elrond spoke in his fair and even tone.

"Well...um...erh..." trada replied.

"Off with 'is head," Harry Goatleaf suddenly shouted out, and in a matter of seconds, trada was running away from the crowds, trying to escape the fate that had befallen him.

But it was no use, for Gwaihir the Eagle soon caught up with the running man of Gondor, and ripped his guts out in one fell swoop.

Aragorn was dead.

With trada (Aragorn) gone, the task of the soles of Middle Earth to survive the next night took focus again...

IT IS NOW NIGHT TWO. PLEASE SEND IN YOUR ORDERS. THE NIGHT WILL END IN 24 HOURS.

That really sucks. Should have stuck with RobinHat or D'Artagnan (and in retrospect D'Artagnan showed up and Robin Hat actually dropped, so yeah...)

Also, I really, really hope this means no one at all "knew" Aragorn or something - like he wasn't a lover with Arwen, because just one person speaking out and we could have switched to another lurker...

Edit: Also Aragorn didn't have Narsil or anything? No items the community is aware of... man I'm guessing he probably could have done so much if he'd been around

Last Cheeky Comment - all we need is for some killer to find Gimli and this'll probably set a record for Innocents epic failing this early in a game around here...

Top Bottom