Mafia Game: The Lord of the Rings (Game Thread)

You know, you don't have to delay the whole thing for just a few people's votes.

D'Artagnan
It wouldn't have changed it, you know, there were 6 votes left (I think) and it wouldn't have done anything much.

Okay, DAY THREE IS OVER. Consider D'Artagnan59 lynched. I'll get on with the write-up now.
You took my 9 page snypah!!!! This is an outrage!!!
:scared:
:twitch:
:mad:
[pissed]

5 after he voted. But yeah, when there's 39 players, a few of them not voting doesn't matter much, especially when the result is already nowhere close to tied.

Final Vote Tally For Day Three

D'Artagnan59- 15 (askthepizzaguy, Bad Player, Beefy187, choxorn, Diana Abnoba, DrumStudent, Earthling, johnhughthom, kill fire, Lord OST, Love, Nictel, Renata, TheLastOne36, z4ckdabeast)
Double A- 6 (classical_hero, D'Artagnan59, Methos, Snerk, sprig, Takhisis)
Earthling- 5 (Arakhor, CivGeneral, civplayah, Diamondeye, Seon)
Charles Li- 1 (Autolycus)
DrumStudent- 1 (Thermal Mercury)
Love- 1 (Frozen In Ice)
Renata- 1 (thomas.berubeg)
Snerk- 1 (Double A)

Abstain- 3 (Charles Li, Csargo, TheForestAuro)

Didn't vote- 5 ([IMP]Warman8888, electric926, Stuck in Pi, tapdancingowl, tycoonist)

And for the torch...

Methos- 13 (Arakhor, Autolycus, choxorn, CivGeneral, classical_hero, Diana Abnoba, DrumStudent, johnhughthom, Lord OST, Methos, Seon, Takhisis, TheLastOne36)
askthepizzaguy- 4 (Double A, Earthling, sprig, Thermal Mercury)
Earthling- 2 (Snerk)
Beefy187- 2 (Beefy187, Renata)
Lord OST- 1 (askthepizzaguy)
TheLastOne36- 1 (civplayah)

Please let me know if I made any mistakes with that...

DAY THREE

The remaining members of Middle Earth met at the Inn of Prancing Pony, formerly owned by the now deceased Barliman Butterbur. 39 came, some morphing back from their evil state to their innocent 'guise, just as they freely switched between the two during the night.

Lord Elrond again addressed the crowd, with the look of panic setting in amongst the desperate souls in the Inn.

"We are in a crisis," Elrond began. "Unparalleled in our short history. Do we choose to fight, or is there no hope for us left?"

"FIGHT!!!" came the raucous applause from the still visibly uneasy crowd.

"Then we shall go to the first order of business," Elrond continued. "Who shall take the Torch of the Beacon of Minas Tirith?"

"We have decided," the ent Skinbark slowly spoke, "to entrust Methos with the Torch."

"And what of the lynch?" Elrond queried. "What decision has been reached in this regard?"

Deagol came forward, "The villain amongst us is D'Artagnan59....we think."

The crowd did not seem confident at this assertion, but seeing as D'Artagnan59 did not object, they thought they would go ahead and string Rosie Cotton up anyway. D'Artagnan59 (Rosie Cotton) was dead.

IT IS NOW NIGHT THREE. NIGHT THREE WILL BE 48 HOURS LONG. HOWEVER, THE DEADLINE FOR ORDERS IS STILL 24 HOURS, AND I WILL NOT ACCEPT ANY ORDERS AFTER 24 HOURS ARE UP. THIS WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED.

5 after he voted. But yeah, when there's 39 players, a few of them not voting doesn't matter much, especially when the result is already nowhere close to tied.

Yeah, I like reminding people. And I don't like people not voting because it doesn't matter, because voting can be quite revealing.

Rosie Cotton! We is getting picked off by snipers, yes, we is!

According to LOTR Wiki's article on her, she's a random hobbit who married Sam after the events of the books, who's likely an unimportant innocent or a mafia. At least we didn't lynch yet another member of the fellowship.

Dang it another townie, but at least not a fellowship one. To all the lurkers out there, cut it out and post, so we can move on to lynching the mafia.

OOC: Screw it. I'm done with any type of Mafia games. They've lost their purpose.

I'm pretty sure this game is called Mafia, not Inactive Players. I'm sure NotW is called Night of the Werewolves, not Night of the Inactive Players.

The objective is to kill the mafia, not the inactive players that you know are innocent.

With this, I announce my withdrawal from all mafia games. Goodbye.

*shrug* Bye then.

[...]
I'm pretty sure this game [...]

Game:
activity engaged in for diversion or amusement

I'm sure you are a blast to play with.
"The game is called Monopoly, not scream at someone that he should finally roll the dice!"

Oh and before you go:

Mafia:
a secret criminal society

Secret, as in hidden. As in it makes perfectly sense to kill those who are quiet.

*Bye*

I can't say much as I'm pretty inactive in this game (And Bandwagoning), but mafia usually avoids attention and inactivity is a common way to do that.

Also inactive player does not contribute to the discussion so its the best move when there is no clue of who to lynch.

It can be stressful being lynched for a bad reasoning but its part of a game.
Please do try again whenever you feel like it.

vote: Camikaze

He probably deserves it.

some morphing back from their evil state to their innocent 'guise
<--- suggestive of cover roles, so be wary. People should be expected at the very least to demonstrate any claimed abilities before being greatly trusted, and even that may not be enough. I also noticed that Camikaze does not appear to be confirming alignment upon death; I'm not sure if we'll know if we've killed Mafia or not until it happens (or doesn't).

Sometimes the mafia can be the most active.

Yes but if they aren't, they are useful town. Especially if the dead can't post.

Lynching a inactive doesn't hurt the town as much. And if all the townies is inactive mafia will win with ease.

Anyway, Double A should be lynched :p

Top Bottom