NotW XXXI: It's a Long Story (Game Thread)

NotW XXXI: Night One

Although the events of the day were picking up rather quickly, with some grumbles and accusations thrown around, for the most part things stuck to business. Nearly everyone made a personal claim for the Knife of the fallen councilor, although a few were slowly gaining popularity over others, with rumors of bribes and whispers of voting pacts beginning to float around.

Brought forth to the Council's attention was this night's agenda - the decision on allowing the Doviello to send a councilor to the Undercouncil. Should the barbarians up north be allowed to participate in the council's shadowy dealings? At the very least, this proposition would have no effect on current events - a Doviello emissary (what a frightening thought!) would take weeks to reach the council and for better or for worse it would all be settled by then.

It is now NIGHT ONE
Those of you with NIGHT abilities, send me them now!
Accusation Votes are in BLACK
Support Votes are in GREEN
Votes for the Silver Knife are in Blue
It will take 2/3s of all votes cast to successfully lynch someone today.
Votes for the Council Decision should be a bolded, capitol FOR or AGAINST
24 Hours Until Day Phase!

Spoiler Knife Tally :

J6 - 5 (J6, TLO, Autolycus, DE, Renata)
Niklas - 4 (Csargo, Choxorn, CCRunner, Seon)
Omega124 - 1 (Omega124)
Johnhughthom - 1 (Johnhughthom)
Civplayah - 1 (Civplayah)
Z4ckdabeast - 1 (z4ckdabeast, Civgeneral)
J-man - 1 (J-Man)
Krill - 1 (Krill)
Beefy - 1 (Beefy)
Backwards Logic - 1 (Backwards Logic)

[SPOILER="Accusation Tally]
You and I both know this isn't worth compiling today.[/SPOILER]

The introvert councilor clears his throat.

The Doviello? I suppose they could provide some muscle, but something tells me they'd be more trouble than they're worth. Unless someone's got a compelling argument, I'm AGAINST.

The quiet councilor looks confused and says nothing on the matter of the barbarians

I feel the Doviello lack the finesse suited to our organization. I think that although they are strong, they lack appreciation for the subtleties of intrigue. Therefore, I vote AGAINST.

(OOC: J6's votecount seems a miscount. There are five names)

"I think we all know that the Undercouncil is all about subterfuge. Somehow I am having trouble imagining the Doviello as subtle in any way. I am AGAINST the proposition."

Perhaps they lack subtlety but perhaps they have other qualities which we may admire - lots of gold perhaps... Maybe their rudimentary, brutish legions could distract many of our enemies and allow us to infiltrate, say, Bannor, lands with our agents. I want to know more of what they can offer before I make a decision.

It appears that someone has a very large pocket! Also, I think it's a bad idea to let smelly barbarians in our council. AGAINST!

Speaking of large pockets, a bit of extra ... gratitude would seem to be in order for being the deciding vote on the knife, J6. And yet, woe, I have not yet seen even the promised amount.

The Enigmatic councilor decides he is too tired to speak crazy things, and speaks normal for at least a few minutes.

This council does not need smelly barbarians. AGAINST.

Has anybody seen Warman8888? It seems that the bloated councilor is playing the role of a very quiet councilor He needs to speak out! (Warman8888)

The outspoken one is right, it seems that Warman8888 is too bloated to be effective. Those who are ineffective must die. It is the way of the Undercouncil.

The Steathly Councilor decides a better offer should be put forth to the council.

"You shouldn't vote away items with the promise of gold. I have two interesting ability which I have learned through years of practice which both may be beneficial to members of this council."

"This first ability is that I can turn any item directly into gold. If you have an item that is too dangerious such as a knife to fall into villianous hands, you can vote it to me and share in the profits of its destruction. It would be more considerable than anything anyone has offered.

'The second ability I can offer is item improvement. If for example, you had a special item that could see alignment of a certain player, I could perhaps improve it so that it would allow you to see faction as well. All items are able to be improved as far as I know and this can be done, for a small fee of course."

"Those that are interested in such abilities can feel free to contact me at any time."​

EDIT: FYI - I am about to become very inactive. I have asked IT to block access to this site and .org. It is not fair that I tell my workers to cut using the internet when I do it myself. I need to set an example. I will be on when at home so I won't dissappear completely and will be able to respond at least once a day so i can sort of continue playing.

((OOC: Just as long as you continue participating, you won't be 'inactive'. Plenty of us don't have the internet at our workplace, and we get along just fine. Hopefully you'll find the time ;) ))

You know, I have been thinking about this for a long time, J6, care to tell me why you would go as far as threaten my life to get that knife? Seems strange that you would do that when you already have 1 vote lead. Explain again why you need it so bad.

The pallid dwarf seems moderately surprised that people want him to have the knife. Maybe it's to do with the scares all over, showing a certain... familiarity with edged implements. Or it's the faint traces of sickly green phlegm still sticking to the hilt. Could be that. Regardless, the opportunity is too good to pass up on.

I'll take the knife then. I promise I'll only use it on myself.

Seon, you wouldn't want to ruin J6's attempt to bribe me, now would you?

Top Bottom