NotW XXXI: It's a Long Story (Game Thread)

"I did not realize the current tally was so high on the Dark Councilor."

I would have to point out that I am grateful to Bad Player for bringing up the concern over the Ashen Veil and upholding the best interests of the Council...and for having the wits to not give any and all sundry riches and artifacts away for unknown or nefarious purposes. Also, if those accusing him or others present seek to undermine us, at the least we'll see what happens if a lynch does not go cleanly...

This is the present tally that I have.

Spoiler :

ACCUSATIONS TALLY
-----------------
Sprig - 5 (Tuxedohamm, J6, civplayah, TLO, Bad Player)
Bad Player - 5 (Winston Hughes, ATPG, Choxorn, Renata, Sprig)

SUPPORT TALLY
-------------
Sprig - 3 (Disquisition, Csargo, Love)
Bad Player - 2 (Methos, Earthling)
Omega124 - 1 (Omega124)

STAFF OF LUGUS
--------------
Sprig - ALL (Sprig, Love, CivGeneral, Seon, Zack, Earthling, Diamondeye, Disquisition, Winston Hughes, Choxorn, Methos, CCRunner, Csargo, Niklas)

MAGIC GREAVES
-------------
J6 - 10 (j6, Winston Hughes, CCRunner, CHoxorn, Earthling, Csargo, ATPG, Niklas, Seon, Diamondeye)
Sprig - 5 (Sprig, Love, CivGeneral, Seon, Zack)
Disquisition - 1 (Disquisition)

IDOL
----
Sprig - 7 (Choxorn, Seon, ATPG, Disquisition, Niklas, Csargo, Diamondeye)
CCRunner - 1 (CCRunner)

ASSASSINATIONS
--------------
FOR - 11 (Choxorn, CCRunner, Earthling, Csargo, Disquisition, Love, J-Man, TLO36, Diamondeye, Omega, Civplayah)
AGAINST - 5 (ATPG, Johnhughthom, J6, Renata, Bad Player)

GOLD
-----
Sprig - 6 (Sprig, Love, CivGeneral, Seon, Zack, Csargo)
Methos - 5 (Methos, J6, Winston Hughes, CCRunner, Niklas)
ATPG - 2 (Diamondeye, ATPG)
Choxorn - 1 (Choxorn)
Omega124 - 1 (Omega124)

NotW XXXI: Day Two

As the sun once again spat up over the horizon, the council was locked in fierce debate. The evening before, it had been over the new owner of TheForestAuro's knife - tonight, it was over the life of either Sprig or Bad Player. Although several other topics had been discussed amongst the councilors, nearly all of them had come to a fairly clean decision other than the subject of today's execution.

Refusing to comment on the matter of the religious idols, a small group had called for the Stealthy Councilor's death, and they were only matched by an equally livid group of other councilors (equal in number) calling for the Dark Councilors demise. Although the discussion was continuing on even with the advent of dawn, it was the Outspoken Councilor who eventually roared over the din of voices. Clearing his throat in the sudden silence, he spoke.

"Is there not a method for deciding these things? Our votes have been cast. Soon, the daylight will reach thi-"

But before anything else could be said, the daylight indeed reached the Undercouncil building, and the magic of the voting hall flared to life, six bolts of navy energy wrapping around Bad Player. He screamed, and began jerking wildly back and forth in an attempt to free himself. Methos and Earthling each grabbed a leg as the Dark Councilor began to rise into the air. The struggling was enough to cause something of a destability, and several stray bolts flew into the crowd, striking...

Spoiler The Suspense is Killing Me! :
Choxorn in the Gold Purse!

But as these stray sparks let loose, the supporting councilors were unable to keep a hold on the mark and were thrown back finally in a blast of dark energy. Rising to the center of the room, Bad Player halted, frenzied into a panic.

"Listen...You can't just....I'm just...."

A panel on the wall slid open, and a spear shot out, headed straight for the Dark Councilor's chest. With a roar of frustration, his hands shot forward and a torrent of ice and frost flew forward, freezing the bolt in mid air. Slamming into its mark, it shattered, leaving the councilor bruised and coughing but still alive.

"That's right you scum, you can't...huff...you can't hold...our lord down..."

Six more panels on the wall slid open, and Bad Player was impaled just as many times, his last words lost in a sickening combo of metal piercing flesh and final screams of agony.

Spoiler :
Bad Player, the Priest of Coldest Midnight, was a Priest of Winter!

A hush swept over the remaining councilors. Was there really no end to the religious infiltration amongst their ranks? Was the sickness really so deep? How could there be agents of the Overlords, Cultists of the Veil, and followers of Mulcarn all hidden within their ranks? It was preposterous! Each of the councilors began to eye each other, and the sentiment of distrust grew even stronger as each councilor quickly took their leave, not wanting to become the next victim of this terrible situation.

Sprig received the majority of the items that day, although he was clearly shaken from the ordeal.

J6 gladly accepted the greaves, strapping them on with a smug grin on his face as he left the council for his bedchambers.

The magic of the undercouncil shifted in focus, and contacted outside agents - its magic was not done. Payments were made and assassins were sent out to the Lanun lands.

Revenge was still in order!

Spoiler Tally Fun Time! :

ACCUSATIONS TALLY
-----------------
Sprig - 5 (Tuxedohamm, J6, civplayah, TLO, Bad Player)
Bad Player - 5 (Winston Hughes, ATPG, Choxorn, Renata, Sprig)

SUPPORT TALLY
-------------
Sprig - 3 (Disquisition, Csargo, Love)
Bad Player - 2 (Methos, Earthling)
Omega124 - 1 (Omega124)

STAFF OF LUGUS
--------------
Sprig - ALL (Sprig, Love, CivGeneral, Seon, Zack, Earthling, Diamondeye, Disquisition, Winston Hughes, Choxorn, Methos, CCRunner, Csargo, Niklas)

MAGIC GREAVES
-------------
J6 - 10 (j6, Winston Hughes, CCRunner, CHoxorn, Earthling, Csargo, ATPG, Niklas, Seon, Diamondeye)
Sprig - 5 (Sprig, Love, CivGeneral, Seon, Zack)

IDOL
----
Sprig - 7 (Choxorn, Seon, ATPG, Disquisition, Niklas, Csargo, Diamondeye)
CCRunner - 1 (CCRunner)

ASSASSINATIONS
--------------
FOR - 11 (Choxorn, CCRunner, Earthling, Csargo, Disquisition, Love, J-Man, TLO36, Diamondeye, Omega, Civplayah)
AGAINST - 5 (ATPG, Johnhughthom, J6, Renata, Bad Player)

GOLD
-----
Sprig - 6 (Sprig, Love, CivGeneral, Seon, Zack, Csargo)
Methos - 5 (Methos, J6, Winston Hughes, CCRunner, Niklas)
ATPG - 2 (Diamondeye, ATPG)
Choxorn - 1 (Choxorn)
Omega124 - 1 (Omega124)

It is now DAY TWO
Those of you with DAY abilities, send me them now!

24 Hours Until Evening Phase!

How sad.. I was coming here to support you Bad Player.

Minute too late.

edit: Wait.. Was Bad Player the bad guy? :dubious:

I am so confused. I need to reread the whole thread me thinks.

edit: Wait.. Was Bad Player the bad guy? :dubious:

I am so confused. I need to reread the whole thread me thinks.

From my understanding, the bad guys are the good guys and the good guys are the bad guys. I'm glad I could clear that up for you. :mischief:

It seems to me that if he died, and the game host was putting him in the same category as other nasties, he was probably one of the nasties.

But, I could be mistaken. Someone with a little bit more knowledge of the backstory want to tell me what's going on?

It seems to me that if he died, and the game host was putting him in the same category as other nasties, he was probably one of the nasties.

But, I could be mistaken. Someone with a little bit more knowledge of the backstory want to tell me what's going on?

I'm not a fan of FFH, but remember that we're all members of the Undercouncil and by that very statement it implies that all of us bad guys (we're all evil). Krill was an Empryean something, which is a good guy (think Paladin). So if I'm correct, then Bad Player is not a "wolf/mafia", but one of the "innocents" and the Palidins are the "wolves/mafia".

To expand on what Love said; the Priests of Mulcarn want to start another Age of Ice by ascending their prophet, Mulcarn, to Godhood. In the long run, this would be about as bad for the Undercouncil as it would be to anyone else; they'd die or be frozen back into barbaric savages.

Glad we hung him; that also means Sprig can destroy the religious artifacts. We should really keep him around until we've caught the remaining relics (I guess both the Mulcarn priests and the Ashen Veil cultists have one each).

Note: I am about to become very inactive until monday

Top Bottom