LSOE 2-Joao: Now Featuring Narwhals!

Sorry for the delay, I've bee watching South Park off of my itouch most of the day, and I saw the episode where Cartman leads the Neo-Confederacy to victory. If you see any puns here that sound like South Park, you know why. I'm also feeling somewhat Italian today. If you see anything which might be considered slightly offensive, just remember, I watched South Park :p

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 8: Oh my god, they killed Civilization! You Bastards!

Rei Joao di II of Portugal, felt like his authoritah was strong. He ruled the entire Western Roman Empire(but hey, Rome was, after all, confined to Italy. Western Rome may as well be Florence!), the Land of Great Gabon, The City State of Carthage, Mayaland, and a sizable portion of South Joaoland. Joao was strong, very strong, and infact so strong that the Carthaginians came by and requested that he abandon his 'ideals' about equality and allow the markets to run free. Joao told the Carthaginians to go and train some suicide bombers, and maybe he'd consider it. Hannibal went back to the Somalian deserts after a brief, tear-filled meeting with his daddy, who had driven him out of Carthage.
Spoiler :

Joao continued his reign of authoritah as the Great Leader of the People's Republic of Great Portugal by taking some time off at a world summit in Hawaii as a host of George Washington. He had spent several days lounging and discussing world affairs with other leaders while avoiding Boudica and Shaka Zulu as much as possible. A few trade deals where negotiated for more oriental goods, and finally, the night came for the Big Luau. Joao, in a Hawaiian t-shirt and his brimmed hat as usual, wore a hoola skirt made of palm leafs and had a coconut full of some fruity alcoholic beverage in his hands. Everybody was so drunk that it's said that Joao visited Boudica that night yet again, but Joao was sober enough to realize he had dropped his beverage by the fire. As he bent to pick it up, he accidentally let one rip. As he turned around, he saw fire trail out from his behind. Sadly for Joao, his clothes where combustiable. After several weeks of discussion and more practice farting out fire, Joao had learned the secrets of Combustion.
Spoiler :

Before Joao departed for the beautiful beaches of Sur Brasil, Joao had one last drink with his close friends in Maui. Gilgamesh, in a drunken state, vomited, and asked if anybody knew how to cure a stomach ache. Joao, in his drunken state, accidentally revealed that drinking beer nonstop would cause you harm, but who gives a damn, beer feelz gud. He had accidentally told Gilgamesh the secrets of Biology, AKA don't drink beer so much that you pass out.
Spoiler :

Meanwhile, Montezuma decided to try and crash Joao's party, and upon seeing Hammurabi present playing a Ukulele, demanded that Joao declare war on Hammurabi. Joao gathered everybody and taped Montezuma to a palm tree. Needless to say, Montezuma was not amused.
Spoiler :

Boudica then fell out of the bushes, after hastily putting on her shirt, the exact same place Montezuma had come from. Joao vomited in disgust, and she demanded that he cease trade with the Greeks. Joao again declined and tied Boudica to the same tree as Montezuma. They ditched them there and insulted them both by telling Boudica she looks like she has the chest of a 2-year old, and Montezuma by telling him that pacifist Asoka kills more people on a daily basis then he has in his lifetime. So pleased with their prank was Joao and his friends, that Suryasdfasdfasd proposed to stop trading with Boudica. Apparently, almost all of his allies declined, after much blushing and stating that they had important business with Boudica. Joao went binge drinking for a few months.
Spoiler :

Back in Sur Brasil, Joao decided that he had enough with going so slowly on a boat, and had his scientists figure out how to navigate the skies. Of course, Joao was drunk, but his authoritah goes. Eventually, his scientists reported that they had success and airports where chartered all over Mayaland and South Joaoland.
Spoiler :

Boudica came yet again, asking for Joao to declare war on Pericles. Joao offered to declare war in exchange for the bad of Jew Gold all Jews carry around their necks, but Boudica refused. Boudica continued to be left out of everything internationally for her Jewish faith. Her only friend was the lunatic Montezuma. He apparently had the meanest sister to ever walk the face of the earth. :p
Spoiler :

Meanwhile, Shaka Zulu hadn't taken kindly to being tied up to a palm tree, and Joao was certain that he was going to be a target of war. Shaka publicly damned Joao and his authoritah and proclaimed himself to be Joao's worst enemy. Joao then decided to bribe Suryavayasdfasdfsa, who still had a hangover, to declare war on Shaka. The cost? Freaking ridiculous. But Shaka fighting someone all the way in Asia is better than Shaka trying to take Great Gabon.
Spoiler :

Suryadfasdfas later asked Joao to aid him in taking Shaka down forever, but Joao refused. To say that Surysdafasdf was mildly steamed would be to be saying it lightly. Suryasdfasdfa threw a fit, then said 'Screw you Joao, I'm going home!' Joao continued to plan to stick Huayna's head on a narwhal pike by improving his cannons to shoot farther and make bigger holes.
Spoiler :

Joao decided to finish what he had started in Lisbon all those years ago by expanding Lisbon's library to include something called electricity, what apparently powered his factories. All the other world leaders called Joao a nerd, but he told them all to screw off, and that he hates them guys so much.
Spoiler :

Cyrus later asked us to declare war on the Japanese, and we agreed. Tokugawa at this point had even lost the Philippines(why are they called that? The only Phillips all live in Portugal!) to the Persians, and Joao knew Tokugawa was not long for this world. Washington then asked Joao to tell him the secrets of Assembly Line, or risk never going to Hawaii again. Joao laughed Washington away, knowing full well that Brazil <- Madeira <- Hawaii.
Spoiler :

Joao completed his military plans by discovering Industrialism, the concept of exploiting people for profit and making them do hard labor. It goes so well with Communism! Joao eagerly began to prepare Tanks in any city that could assemble them. Meanwhile, his workers continued to spread rail lines all over his empire and connect Carthage with Gabon. They also began to connect a new source of metal called Aluminum, which apparently had always existed but had been completely useless.....?
Spoiler :

[Here is where I take some time out of the story to show my progress in South America. It's been nothing but Mines, Workshops, Watermills, and Collective Farming! Not a cottage in sight! Should Europe ever fall, I'm screwed, but whatever. :lol: Soon you shall witness the might that is the power of rushbuy, and that's WITHOUT the Kremlin!(again). Guyana also happens to have 2 sources of Aluminum, making it one hell of a production site. Maybe I should build the Heroic Epic here? Anyway, we set off a Goldern Age, and the rushbuy commences, complete with airports and an already insane amount of foot soldiers!]
Spoiler :

For the last decades, Joao had spent all of Portugal's wealth assembling an army like no other. An army so powerful that nothing could stop it, not even Shaka Zulu, let alone Huayna Capac! Joao resolved to take care of Boudica and go hunt some narwhal as soon as he finished taking Huayna's head. He already had Louis' on display, and Hannibal had barely escaped the same fate. Louis is getting lonely, isn't he? Oh, and Joao decided to broadcast the position of his army to the media the day before he decides to apply it into use. "This same day, MONTEZUMA TAKES A KHMER CITY IN INDONESIA! That bastard, he broke the rules of civilization! Montezuma is an insane, backwards threat, not a damn invasion genius! He kiled Civilization! You bastard! That means San Salvador is at a possible threat.......DIE HUAYNA. THE CAPITAL SHALL BE RENAMED LIMA AND I SHALL GO TO MACHU PICCHU SLAY ALL OF YOUR GIANT GUINEA PI.........." Joao quickly shut up as he noticed the media right in front of him scribbling like madmen.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, apart from the rampant South Park puns, any comments? :p Huayna's going to die, even with city garrison 3 rifles, he will still die. My only regret is not rushbuying sooner/beelining airports. So, Huayna -> Boudica -> Montezuma -> Washington, if he doesn't have infantry yet?

Attachments

• LSOE 2-Joao 1812 AD.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.2 MB · Views: 44
Playing a bit slipshod due to low difficulty but it's fun. I declared first with horse archers (berlin and 2 other german cities were taken by HA's).

Civic choice should look odd. I captured mids off louis so I'm in rep. Vassalage helps with the military unit bills but more importantly experience. Caste + pacifism is a big part of the reason why I have astro despite close to non-stop warring from the late BCs. The intention is to head for chemistry (stronger workshops) and then on to MT. I'll probably stick with cuirassers while heading to communism (scientists can and will bulb PP and sci meth).

I don't feel like developing the new world so that will be my colony's job until later when I can help it out. Strictly speaking with SP I could afford a 100% new world presence but that's more effort than I want and a colony is good flavor.

Germany is not hard and will not be until he picks up engineering (that's when knights start to struggle ---> pikes and longbows behind castles). Pre-engineering, a longbow will often only have ~100 % defenses (25% ability, 25% fortify, 20% promo, and 40-60% city). A combat II or III knight doesn't do terribly vs that and is fast. Once engineering comes, you tack on 40-60% defenses and there is a field threat that is murder when garrisoned (Up to 225% bonuses in a flat city, so near 18 str).

The ultimate goal is to capture as many cities as I can with pure mounted (if cavalry lasts me long enough I might win domination this way) while going SP + shop spam.

View attachment 244217

Edit: I seem to have forgotten we can't use colonies w/ no vassals X_X. So, I wound up giving cities to HC (helped get open borders anyway).

I'll go over there...eventually...maybe.

Kill Huayna. KILL HIM if you want to play the settle new lands game. He's a faster techer then Washington or Montezuma, so he'll end up being the hardest to kill. He already has rifles and is almost at Radio while I just got electricity but beelined other things. Seeing as he has no friends, I might DOW on him and shove him behind the Andes and demand Radio, then DOW again and kill him entirely. Nice job killing Germany from what I can see, I was worried that longbows would be near invincible until rifles. Come to think of it, I ignore knights/cuirassers nearly always and just beeline rifles/cavalry. Probably a mistake on my part but I don't like trying something that seems like a rush past the BCs.

I'm up to 1665 now. My approach to this game so far:

1. Build units nonstop except in capitol which is a bulbing factory.
2. Captured cities get courthouse, forge, barracks, stable, loop most advanced mounted unit available.
3. Declare on the next closest civ that you can reach.

After fighting germans I went after greece, which dragged in ottomans and babylon. I proceeded to kill all 3, greece and babylon with knights, and mid-war vs ottomans I got cuirassers...which wiped them out.

It's only in the last 30 or so turns that I got rifling. Communism took me from barely making gold at 0% to a stable if slow rate for the # of cities. I have all of mainland europe save 1 site under wraps, as well as the entirety of russia, india, the middle east, and some of africa.

My next target is probably khmer, then japan, then into africa. It is quite likely the cavalry will have to face rifles or even infantry going forward, but I have 207 cavalry currently and can probably crank another 80-100 every 10 turns or so now.

Capac's tech potential has yet to materialize. Actually, outside of hannibal, boudica, and sury there aren't any techers left on the map. What this bastardization of portugal lacks in brains, it makes up for in brawn. Working on railroad for some much-needed transportation boost, then probably on to flight. After combustion 1-2 cities can probably be spared to spam out 30 transports or so for some boating action to the new world, if it's not over by then.

View attachment EGT AD-1280.CivBeyondSwordSave

View attachment EGT AD-1665.CivBeyondSwordSave

Edit:

1832 Domination. Since we couldn't do the colony thing, I just kept building cavalry until I won. Eventually I had fighter support for the final battle...Hannibal. Somehow, I don't think the fact that he had infantry was any answer for > 700 cavalry on DoW :lol:.

- I built 1070 cavalry total in this game, losing 200. I *did* kill more than I lost across the game, around 2:1 actually. I took the most losses vs khmer, which had rifles spammed and all those rivers/difficult terrain w/o fighter help.

- I deliberately fought shaka, toku, and what was left of khmer simultaneously.

- Boudica had the only city left on all of eurasia/africa mainland...one city up in scandanavia.

- Boudica finished as slight tech leader. I was 2nd. Had hannibal survived, he'd have been 1st. Too bad so sad carthage.

- I had over 5x the power of the next strongest civ, and was 2 techs away from nukes ;).

- Final civics: Police state, nationhood :)) and no upkeep), caste, SP, FR (no border pop hassle).

I didn't think it would be reasonable to go military on huge/normal, but I guess you can if you get enough power to open up multiple fronts.

As the OP went the more fun route of tanks, we'll get to see some carnage :evil:. Cavalry cover ground as quickly as tanks if you have 100's more than anybody, but the attrition is a tad higher...

I'd kill to see that save. :eek: 1000 cavalry! Tanks may cost more, but they'll shred even more. Sadly, the Khmer took the Kremlin, meaning no super-rushbuy. However, you can expect the equivalent of what you did in the Old World. Rushbuy airport at Tenochtitlan=Dead Montezuma. Quite honestly, rushbuy might be broken.....I'll try Tanks+nukes-> ? ->Profit. :p

I'd kill to see that save. :eek: 1000 cavalry! Tanks may cost more, but they'll shred even more. Sadly, the Khmer took the Kremlin, meaning no super-rushbuy. However, you can expect the equivalent of what you did in the Old World. Rushbuy airport at Tenochtitlan=Dead Montezuma. Quite honestly, rushbuy might be broken.....I'll try Tanks+nukes-> ? ->Profit. :p

Rushbuy only competes favorably against alternatives with kremlin, though it's not BAD without it.

Final save:

View attachment EGT AD-1832.CivBeyondSwordSave

A couple neat things to look at:

- Paris (was having too much fun w/ IMP I guess) :lol:.
- Rate of conquest post cavalry
- Tile improvement choice (very little cottages were built or used in this game)
- Note that every city after the first 4 got its improvement distribution from automated workers
- Typical infra in the cities. Do note that in some of the older ones I built markets/grocers out of desperation, since I was temporarily losing gold at 0%.

The war vs carthage (and any remaining wars) was easy because of fighters. If a tank gets cut 50% by a fighter, a cavalry is stronger :rolleyes:. Any chump city with 40 base hammers and the 60% (forge+SP+PS) can build cavalry every other turn, too :goodjob:.

Bad as econ looks, imagine what happens if one hammers out library + obs in each city, the builds wealth to run at 100%. Chuck in factories + TGD and it gets stupid (you could literally *build* over 2k research before any commerce is factored at all)...that's one of the reasons I love SP shop spam so much. If I could just get it set up more rapidly, I would use it in the majority of my games.

By the way, I like pairing standard air power with tanks. If I'm going nukes, my preferred unit is the paratrooper, which can keep up with tactical nukes easily, is stronger defensively (just take CG, it's not like you need help damaging the units in the city...!), and cheaper. Fascism is also very handy as PS/Jail/Rushmore (or even just jail/rushmore + slider) goes a long way to combat people getting pissy over nukage.

I've played the round and it went well, I'd say. ;)
I got a two-for-one and killed Shaka AND Huayna entirely via tank spam with infantry mopup. :devil:
Meanwhile, demands for Carthaginian cities via the AP being returned to Hannibal where getting ridiculous, so I plan on killing Hannibal. Followed by that, I've got atleast 50-60 tanks sitting in the New World waiting for transports to go kill Montezuma, and Washington has infantry;rushbuy nukes? As far as I can tell, he has no friends. Meanwhile, Sury has been spamming nukes himself against Shaka, meaning I'm not safe till SDI. I'm thinking, be Sury's dog and swoop in a UN victory, or go for a semi-dangerous space race. I'm leaning towards UN. I can go to OR+HR and bribe Giggles/Pericles back into Hinduism and pull off a victory. But of course, first we have to do some more tank spam. :mischief:

The actual story will be up later today/tomorrow. There where A LOT of pictures, mainly city captures. I'm up to 60 cities, I think?

Attachments

• LSOE 2-Joao 1872 AD.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.3 MB · Views: 37
Chapter 9: 2 for 1, South America and Africa, 2 for 1 Sale!

Joao was in quite a good mood. His armada seemed invincible, and Shaka Zulu was sitting there, seething yet tame, at war with the Khmer. Joao was in such a good mood he went to visit Frederick at his royal office for a diplomatic chat. Truth be told, he had never even visited Frederick's realm of Germany himself, and what he saw blew him away. Cinema, Music, and Theater impressed him immensely. German cities where a center of modern culture, and Joao was so enticed that he decided to start importing German media.
Spoiler :

A source of Sea Turtle harvesting was also found near the Guyana/Norte Brasil provincial borders, and Joao happily began limited harvesting of these turtles as a rare delicacy. Oh, and Joao had declared war on Huayna Capac after swearing to the world that his buildup was aimed at Montezuma. Joao quickly captured and razed the city of Vitcos, infuriating the Inca's people and the world, for a few days.
However, he founded a new city to the north, resulting in less anger from the world community as he welcomed Incan refugees to live in the city.
Spoiler :

More war progress continued, as Joao captured the cities of;

Nazca, rechristened Rio De Nasca.
Spoiler :

Ica, rechristened Sao Ica
Spoiler :

Machu Picchu, rechristened Mucho Pichi:)lol:)
Spoiler :

Vilcabamba, rechristened ParatocarlaBamba City
Spoiler :

Another city was founded on Tupi territory, called Sagros. The Tupi fought and resisted as long as possible, but the Portuguese Empire knew no bounds, and Joao soon crushed their resistance.
Spoiler :

Vilcas, rechristened Buenos Llamas
Spoiler :

Andahuaylas, rechristened Montevihuaylas
Spoiler :

The city of Avelro was founded, on the opposite side of the Incan Andes.
Spoiler :

Nubian, rechristened Tierra Del Nubia
Spoiler :

Huamanga, rechristened Santiago
Spoiler :

Coryhuayrachina, rechristened Nazca
Spoiler :

Cuzco, rechristened Lima, was made the capital of Sur Joaoland, to the chagrin of the more developed Eastern Coast cities.
Spoiler :

Atico, rechristened Patagonia
Spoiler :

Tiwanaku, rechristened Quito
Spoiler :

And finally, Arequipa, rechristened Malvina Island. At long last, Huayna was captured alive and beheaded, his head added alongside Louis' to Joao's quarters, where it happily reminded Joao of his conquests.

During this time Joao's soldiers had come into contact with a sticky substance that could be vulcanized, in the jungles of Alto Piru, near the Incan province of Cochacambo. Joao's scientists where sent samples and soon, Joao had begun to mass produce rubbery pieces of crap full of lead poisoning that where sold to the world market! This substance was known as Plastic. Montezuma also came requesting military aid against the Khmer, but Joao refused. The Khmer had nuclear bombs, something which he had yet to produce.
Spoiler :

Then, the Khmer asked Joao for aid against Shaka Zulu. Joao agreed, and declared war. That same year, the Khmer captured another Zulu city after using nuclear bombs. Joao began upgrading all the outdated pieces of cannon to proper artillery as he began to move forward with his soldiers, that for their brave defense of Great Gabon, had been christened 'Joao's Braves'.
Spoiler :

Oh, and the Germans, pioneers in modern media, also built the United Nations. Luckily, Joao was the biggest empire in the world, so he was the competition against the Germans. He easily won the vote, and pondered what to do. Another Great General had arisen from the workers of Timbuktu, and Joao yet again pondered what to do with him. He had like, what, 4 or 5 already sitting around?

Meanwhile, Joao's scientists had been studying the decaying mass left over from the Khmer strikes against Shaka as Joao's military struck while the Khmer blasted Zululand with incredible bombs that disintegrated everything that it touched. Eventually, Joao's scientists made a breakthrough, but the Portuguese public was decisively deadlocked on whether to create nuclear bombs, fearing the costs it brought upon civilians.
Spoiler :

During this time, Homer had been sent to Great Gabon where he made a documentary on the incredible wealth found there and how the people tended to live a better life than any other province in the Portuguese Empire. The great acclaim this film received internationally influenced many bordering areas of other countries to wish to join Great Gabon, and the Khmer and Portuguese empire remained in disagreement for a few tense years, until eventually the Khmer ceded the land around the city of Habamonga(?) to Portugal.
Spoiler :

Fighting back the Zulu proved to be quite a bit more troublesome than fighting against the Incans, where as a lot of the terrain had been flat land with a few vital chokepoints, where the land opened to enormous mountains, Zululand was covered in deserts, jungle, and hills. Joao did eventually deal the first blow to Zululand by taking the city of Nongoma.
Spoiler :

Joao negotiated a few trades with the Greeks, promising less tariffs on Greek goods in exchange for Rocketry and for Pericles to return to Hinduism. Joao had returned to a liberal theocracy(?) that gave everybody rights, except to religious minorities. Poor Jews. Regardless, Joao began to try and culminate closer bonds with other nations, hoping that someday it would pay off and he would be elected supreme leader of Earth. Joao continued to reject a steady stream of demands for him to quit trading with his allies, while plotting the best way to achieve everybody's favor.

Another Zulu city soon fell, the city of uMgnduladsfasdfasdfasdfasd-something like that. Joao immediately rechristened the city Norte Zululand to make it more understandable. Joao also learned the secrets of Superconductors, although as for their uses, he remained unsure personally.
Spoiler :

ANOTHER Great General, Sargon, soon arose. Joao's head was sore from bashing his head in frustration, but he decided to consider the option of settling all his generals in Oporto. Marie Curie was also born in Oporto, and Joao added yet another professor to the university of Lisbon. In completely unrelated news, Paris invented the Subway.

Joao soon invented the home computer, but he shrugged and went back to his wars of conquest. Joao soon also came late to the game of media, but he began to take it's full uses by funding the construction of radio towers throughout Portuguese Zululand and Portuguese Angola that border Khmer Zululand.

Another Zulu city fell, the city of Nodwnego:
Spoiler :

Followed by the city of Nobamba:
Spoiler :

The people of Babanango revolted to Great Gabon!
Spoiler :

Then the city of Ulundi fell and was made the capital of Portuguese Zululand.
Spoiler :

The city of Bulawayo then fell to the Tanks of Great Gabon! Revenge is sweet.
Spoiler :

Then a breakthrough was made, and Robotics was discovered.
Spoiler :

Finally, the last Zulu city falls, and Shaka gets the same treatment as Huayna!
Spoiler :

At this point, I stop and begin to consider things. I've automated all my workers in South America, in Africa, and have built railroads in Europe. My super stack in South America actually got bigger, and is just waiting for more transports to go take out Montezuma. I'm thinking, go OR and become Sury's BFF, DOW on Montezuma and take as much land as possible, bribe Gilgamesh back into Hinduism and go Hereditary Rule, and I should easily win diplo. Any comments? I'm eager to finish this game up and move on to the next which will be a builder game, and not so much warring. These last two games have been epic conquests, and it's time to relax. I've also been running close to the picture limit in this post, so I went with fewer pictures than usual. The save is in the post above this one. There are in fact so many images I'll have to go and cut some out right now before I post this.

You may have noticed I already posted LSOE 3, meaning one thing: I lost.....to the Germans! They built the internet and I got my ass wrecked by 1 TURN via Space Race. It looks like all that colonization was for naught.......

:mischief: Or not. I'll have the grand finale up soon, where Joao tastes the sweet, sweet nectar of Victory, Happiness, and Razed Berlin Soup.

Chapter 10: Backstabbed, you Snitching Fritz!

Joao was baffled. His computers had failed him and it wasn't Y2K! All data storing the glories of his campaigns against the Aztecs and earlier technologies had been deleted! The only record that survived had been the conquest of Tlaxcala, although he would end up capturing Texcoco and New York, razing the provisional Aztec capital to the north, and taking Baja California as his prize. Joao would have annexed all of North Joaoland had he had the time and leisure to do so, but technology never sleeps and Montezuma had acquired infantry. Joao soon knew who to blame. The Germans had invented the internet, and with it, the computer virus! Joao had been browsing his tunes when he accidentally downloaded a virus, and it wiped out all his records! Goddamn the accursed Deutschwire!
Spoiler :

Within a few short years of peace Joao's scientists soon detailed plans for making Hydrogen Bombs, but these where never put into practice. However, it's applications as rockets where taken into account and Joao began to build Engines in Oporto and ParabailarlaBamba.
Spoiler :

More breakthroughs continued as Joao's scientists delved deep into anatomy, and discovered vaccines. Although the rest of the world had had this technology for decades, he had finally gotten around to acquiring vaccines and began mass vaccinations throughout the New World.
Spoiler :

Finally, Joao's scientists finally completed researching one of the final pieces of the puzzle in reaching Alpha Centauri. Joao began putting gene splicing, genetic manipulation, and cryogenic freezing together, which allowed him to create superhumans that could survive cryogenic freezing for hundreds of years! He was tempted to put this into practice with his soldiers but he knew he'd face opposition from the general populace to manipulating the ordinary people.
Spoiler :

Meanwhile, Joao's religiously apathetic people finally brought a young priest to prominence. He was quickly carted off to Cuzco to create a shrine to Buddah, and the profits proved to be a healthy lift in Joao's pockets.
Spoiler :

After several more years of careful construction, planning, and development, Joao's ship was ready. But crisis struck as the Germans launched a vessel of their own! Joao was furious to say the least. The Germans had launched spyware all over Portuguese computers and had obtained all the technological secrets of Portugal and other nations. For him, it was the ultimate backstab. So he began plotting what he should have done several thousand years ago. :backstab:
Spoiler :

Joao soon obtained the secrets of Advanced Flight from the Germans, and he began to mass produce nuclear bombs and transported the North Joaoland Armada to lead the charge against Germany.
Spoiler :

Joao also traded for the concept of lasers, but an SDI would not be completable in time before Joao was forced to declare war.
Spoiler :

Even worse, the Germans already had an SDI in place! The only solution is to build even more nukes!
Spoiler :

And so war was declared on the faithful year of 1923. Joao launched 4 tactical nukes at Berlin, but could not paradrop into it because of Jet Fighters. Joao settled for a 2-turn slog, and Berlin was razed!
Spoiler :

Joao proceeded to raze Hamburg, but lost and recaptured Orleans. But now, after razing Berlin, there was no one to stop him from reaching Alpha Centauri to colonize new worlds! When one of his advisors timidly suggested why not start small on Mars or the Moon, Joao was dumbstruck but he decided to proceed ahead and celebrate his victory.
Spoiler :

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now for some pictures:

Portugal before taking over the Inca Empire/Zululand:

Portugal post-taking over the Inca Empire:

Finally, Portugal after it completes the annexation of it's core territories:

Now, as you can see, I built 100 tanks. I lost 10 tops in the New World, I'd wager I lost most, if not all of them taking out Berlin because of Modern Armor, Stealth Bombers, and some evil ass Mobile Artillery.

Now, a look at my power rating. What's scary is that I wasn't ever even Number 1. Maybe if I had upgraded all my tanks and infantry before invading......[pimp]

Finally, my final score. Thanks for following LSOE 2!

Now, regarding the first event I noted down. I somehow lost the pictures of the earlier techs I got in the round/taking of Tenochtitlan/Teotihuacan. I'm really sorry, but I don't know how it happened. :blush: Hopefully, we won't have any issues. I plan on playing shorter rounds so that I don't have to cut back information again. Finally, the save right before the end of the game. If anyone kills Frederick post-victory, they're my hero. If anyone kills SURY, post-this save, they are most definetly incredible. That runaway bastard nuked the crap out of India at the end :nuke:

Attachments

• LSOE 2-Joao 1925 AD.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.4 MB · Views: 47
Where is Hannibal now?

Definitely diplo.

Edit: WAAAH!

I swear I thought I was posting updates too slow for my tastes. Hannibal was in Somalia, but I CBA to kill him because the hit I'd take to diplo. Montezuma, oh yes, he had no friends save Sury, and I went with space because Sury decided to be such :):):):):) and attack Asoka, making him the worst enemy of nearly everybody and I got -4 for trading with Asoka. An interesting point, Tokugawa was just researching gunpowder before he died the turn I won. :lol:

Top Bottom